(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#479 5 years ago

Looks like a great collectible for rich old Beatles fans. There’s a reason it was revealed immediately after Expo but not at Expo: it’s not meant for “us.” Don’t think Stern cares too much about the Pinside take on this one. I’d expect a Munsters reveal soon to placate “us.”

#488 5 years ago

Supreme for septuagenarians.

#730 5 years ago

Game looks fun. Hopefully someone I know gets one so I can play it. Don’t care about the art, songs, etc. because I’m never going to own one regardless.

#881 5 years ago

I can't believe Stern used girly colors that remind me of my fading masculinity, instead of some macho art like, umm, Yellow Submarine.

#1233 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The earlier faster be-bop music just fits a pin better than the older trippy dippy hippy stuff. The art style you all wanted means music that's too slow for a pin.

Yup.

#1264 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Lets keep the thread on track folks. No personal badgering please.

Friday should be like Pinside's version of the purge. Anything goes, cool off over the weekend, back to proper etiquette on Monday.

#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

think about it, all of the features that they added for this machine could have worked wonderfully with the original theme (the spinning disc would have made a cool whirlpool and the magnet at the top of the riptide loop, a kraken or some other deep sea creature to temporarily trap and capture your ball

Who's to say this so-called cash grab isn't step one in funding an affordable Seawitch 2.0? Should be cheap(er) with Beatles covering the playfield redesign costs.

#1267 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Although let’s face it, formative years in the 80’s and college in the 90’s? I do kinda feel for these folks.

Hey, I resemble that remark! Escaped with relatively decent taste in music. Love '80s pop & metal, and very early '90s alternative, but I've blocked out the mid to late-'90s rap metal and Creed nightmares.

#1269 5 years ago

My biggest issue with hypothetical Stern classic remakes is there's zero chance they'll play like the originals. Star Gazer with modern flippers & drop targets? I'll pass.

#1394 5 years ago

I'll say it again: game looks fun.

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Never played sw. What do you use the upper left flipper for that can't be hit with the lower ones?

Nothing really. It's just fun to bash those center drops from close range, with a (usually) safer carom after the shot.

I guess in theory you can shoot through the pops to the upper right target area.

#1592 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It will be a markedly different playing experience than Seawitch, which is obvious to anybody who isn't just regurgitating the boilerplate from the reveal day posts.

I remember how Tron was "just a Funhouse rehash" to the peanut gallery. Until like, they actually played it.

#1664 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's strange to me that you are suddenly willing to pay $7100 for a game that you wouldn't pay anything for just a few days ago.

It's totally different when your $7,100 gives you a 30% chance of getting a platinum or diamond. No-brainer +EV gamble.

The problem with that is the distributor is the one truly gambling; $1k profit at the risk of losing his distributorship for violating MAP? No one's that dumb. Get your number up above $8k each and you might find a taker.

#1781 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That song had better be in the game.

It's not.

#1803 5 years ago

Gold art package looks the best to me, except for the... gold.

#2070 5 years ago

Translite & side art are basically just swapped on the gold vs. platinum packages (with minor changes to fit the different format sizes, obviously). Not a knock on Franchi at all; there are only so many ways to arrange four dudes and a logo in three different art packages.

#2108 5 years ago

In case you were curious about tax & shipping.

platinum (resized).jpgplatinum (resized).jpg

#2120 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Did you pull the trigger on that Yancy?

Nah, just curious what they charge for white glove shipping. Not a bad deal at $300 extra if it's truly "Stern Pinball technicians" like they claim. Seems like a money loser outside the Chicago area.

I assume they just hire whichever distributor is closest to your house.

#2138 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Why are KA-Pow products expensive?

Because they had to pay PROY (Paul, Ringo, Olivia, Yoko), Ed Sullivan's estate, Cousin Brucie, Vox amplifiers, Ludwig drums, whoever owns the Pan Am trademark, and possibly even Gretsch, Hofner & Rickenbacker guitars if those names are legible on the headstocks.

#2239 5 years ago

You don't need individually controlled drops to force the player to hit them in order. For example:

Hit target one, stays down, its insert lights.
Hit target three. Oops! Stays down, but its insert doesn't light.
Hit target two, its insert lights.
Full bank resets so that target three is available.
One and two are also back up, but already lit, so not necessary to hit.

#2291 5 years ago

2,288 posts about 1,964 machines. Can't believe I've read all this crap. And contributed! Ugh.

#2463 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If, as you speculate, the last 964 are not produced that will make the Golds that are out there a little on the scarce side.. 1614 -964 = 650. 650 spread around the world will make seeing one of these a rare event indeed.

50 of the remaining 964 are platinum, so 700 gold were made this year. Easier math is 70% of 1000 = 700.

#2507 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I posted two videos on my Facebook look me Larry Frightner can’t miss me.

Thanks!

#2668 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

In Icemans defense stern did a horrible job showing this pin off in the trailer. This game is the exact opposite of what we saw back then.

Huh? Looks pretty much the same to me. I think it's more a case of some people have zero imagination and assume something will suck until they see it in action. No imagination + pessimism = loudmouthed hater.

#2670 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sad to see but it appears he got sold on the "it will only cost you a grand for the fun once you resell the game".

You're a scrappy operator counting every dollar. He's a collector looking to spend his dollars to have fun. Different equation when you turn your hobby into a jobby.

#2673 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But the operator equation isn't really that different, is it? He can route a game like Beatles and sell it in two years for close to what he paid for it.

Shh... if you bring logic into this, distributors will stop selling $8k games to Hilton for $6k based solely on his impassioned accusations of money grabbing.

#2685 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My equation is the same as ICE. He just has way more cash than I do.

That's exactly why it's not the same equation. I have a few acquaintances with significantly more money than average. Here's one thing they all have in common, without exception: when they're on the clock, they will scratch & claw to save a nickel. When they're off the clock, and this is especially true on vacation, they will light fire to cash in ways that make me ashamed to live in a first-world country. Their "work hark, play hard" mentality extends to "earn hard, burn hard."

Make a couple million bucks and you'll actually relish completely blowing some of it from time to time. I do not speak from experience.

#2833 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think WNBJM and PBRCC are closer comparisons. Sure you have the beatles theme but aside from that they are all novelty games.

At this point we can probably just ignore the obvious trolling.

#2940 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Also more than helps to make a game look good by putting Keith in front of the flippers.

Loop jackpot!

#2954 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I honestly have to laugh when someone thinks 1600 pf anything is limited

It is limited. Not sure how you can debate that. I think you're conflating the definition of "limited" with "rare." Star Light is rare, Beatles is limited. Some games are both, yet still undesirable (the Mafia comes to mind).

1 week later
#3064 5 years ago

Just get a Maiden pro! Plays better, cheaper, what’s not to like?

1 week later
#3283 5 years ago

After watching a few streams and playing it in person, the music repetition was really starting to grate on me, and now I see why:

it won't be longit won't be long

That's just over 11 minutes total. I still really like how the game looks and shoots, but I'd have to turn the volume way down (off?) if I owned one.

1 month later
#3497 5 years ago

Last week I visited Cidercade in Dallas. They have something like a couple dozen pins. I played a few different games once each, then about 20 games in a row of Beatles. Couldn't get enough. Only stopped because I had an early meeting the next morning. I think it helped that the place was just loud enough that I could sort of hear the call-outs, but not really the music. Song repetition really turned me off the first time I played it in Chicago. The game isn't in my budget, but I will gladly play it on location or at a friend's house, at least until my ears bleed from yeah-yeah-yeahs.

#3499 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Since all the songs are on 30 second timers, I'm not sure how the songs could get repetitious.

Umm, that's exactly how.

3 months later
#3696 4 years ago

We get it man. Enough.

1 month later
#3734 4 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Another great review from the SDTM team. Beatles is a fantastic game.

I love those guys, but a "review" from a distributor is an advertisement.

That said, great game. (This message brought to you by just some dude.)

#3746 4 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

A 40 foot cube container has an extra foot in height dimensions over a standard 20' and 40' allowing additional machines to be squeezed in along the top row sitting flat taking the total capacity to 72 machines.

How does that work with shooter knobs? Crush 'em all and let god sort 'em out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.