(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    81%
  • Maybe? 69 votes
    10%

(659 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 429 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (1 year ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#120 1 year ago

How about Paul telling everyone yesterday that he and Lennon (plus 3 other guys) used to sit around and masturbate together in a circle?

Calling out names while they did it.

[cue Come Together jokes in 3...2....1...]

https://www.gq.com/story/the-untold-stories-of-paul-mccartney

1 month later
#788 1 year ago

Stern saw how much money could be made from the stripped down Supreme game.

They took the most simple of ancient Stern games, Seawitch, and kept the teal pallet will some added pink.

They added some magnets to slow the gameplay down a little (perfect for fans of a 60 year old band)

They removed the coindoor so it could not be routed - you have to want it for what it is, not for the money it could earn.

Unlike Seawitch with it's original sandpaper playfield, Beetles is going to have a highly polished playfield and LED lighting.

It's going to show every dimple, and since you can't route it, it will never flatten out - best to keep it unplayed.

With Stern bragging that it's going the most expensive pinball machine of all time, this thing is going to rock!

Stern's only screw up was not installing the concentric posts from 1979. So I've bought up every remaining teal one tonight from every vendor, and will charge $150 a set, for those in need.

largeadsf (resized).jpg
#934 1 year ago

You can always tell the people who have never stayed in the Philippines

#945 1 year ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I got reamed when I said December release. I could not even count all of the down votes. Turns out I was pretty accurate.

You did good.

Now: head down, ass up

#965 1 year ago

Remember, Joe said you are gonna want one to play and one to keep in the box as a collectors item.

#986 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If this was for pinheads, they would have just made and exact replica of Seawitch. It would have sold a whole hell of a lot better than this thing will.

No way.

This thing is going to sell out.

No one would pay $50,000 for a vault of Seawitch, but there are plenty of people who would pay that for a piece of Beatles merch that was centered on when they were a cute boyband.

The only thing Stern messed up on was not having coin mechs that only took real silver quarters, and rejected any clad ones.

54567e0ae3bca (resized).jpg
#989 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I view those as quite different and the Beatles itteration just makes it appear lazy and sadly likely to change the feel from Seawitch quite a bit.

It looks simple enough for a 70 year old Beatles fan to want to play it.

It's simple enough that a non-pinhead, 70 year old Beatles fan can service it.

#994 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I’m scared enough already at my age about robots trying to kill me in my sleep!!!

That's why Texas banned them last week

#999 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Well, I asked one after I showed her the video; she said:

Why the hell would I want one of those?!?

Old women are not really known for buying pinball machines or jukeboxes.

-

"Look at this topper I bought for my pinball machine, Mildred! I know, my husband (god rest his soul) use to say that 'nothing shits up a game more than putting crap on top of it', but I just love it....."
Beatles-Record-Player-adobe (resized).jpg

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Admittedly, I don’t know how pinball licensing works, but it strikes me a bit as unlogical that having a few more songs increases the cost of the license.

The trick is to license all the songs from the same source.

Did you ever notice that movies like GOTG only use songs from a single companies catalog?

Or did you ever notice that at "greatest hits" album will have a live version of the band's biggest hit? That's often because the artist was with a different label at that time in their career, and it would cost too much money to get tracks from 2 different corps.

#1147 1 year ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They were a huge influence on the Beatles.

Sometimes they would record the "same song" but with totally different meanings.

Pleasant Valley Sunday and Penny Lane came out at the same time and are both the same theme; observations about the simple town around them.

While the Beatles are idealistic, the Monkees are cynical under a saccharine sweet glaze.

#1158 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's almost as if [the monkees] were put together by corporate America for a comedy tv show or something.

Yeah, it's almost like professional songwriters wrote the tightest pop songs for them.

Their debut single, Last Train To Clarksville, spent an insane 3 months at #1, probably the longest lasting debut #1 of all time.

Even the Beatles could not match that.

#1170 1 year ago
Quoted from Svend:

I would seriously not be surprised if Stern is taking the piss out of us and does in the end come up with a proper pinball machine instead of what's being shown now.

Stern did the perfect job for who the game is marketed towards.

1. Simple layout for older crowd. Nothing too complicated to scare away people that have not played pinball in 50 years.

2. Nothing too complicated for non-pinheads to service over the phone. I would not be surprised if you put your phone up to the speaker and it transmits the actual error-state to Stern.

3. Early, more **rocking** songs that are a good match for the pace of pinball.

4. Early, more well-liked era of Beatles. No 'bigger than God', drugged out hippies, having sex with Brian Epstein or any other nonsense. Just pure boy-band fun.

5. Muted color pallet as to create a "nice" looking game for the home; rather than an explosion of unnatural colors. Would look great in any 50's style dinner basement.

6. It may even bring in some new sales. First you buy the Beatles, then you find out there is an Elvis too!
2434214 (resized).jpg

#1171 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

You have to admit that locking the comments pretty much suggests a lack of confidence in the reception to the game.

Hardly.

It just means that no one wants to babysit the idiots that will keep posting trash forever onward.

The Ready Steady GO! Youtube video of the Beatles has comments disabled too.

Just in case you want to know that they used to be called The Quarrymen:

#1178 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I want a Nugent Nugent!

Like a Nugent....Nugent?

138 (resized).jpg
#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from Raincity:

More well-liked? Sgt. Pepper is the Beatles' best selling album. Early Beatles albums aren't even close.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums
The Beatles' most streamed albums also are heavily weighted to their latter period.
https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6835174/beatles-albums-most-popular-spotify
The songs included aren't anywhere close to their biggest sellers.
https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-official-top-50-biggest-selling-beatles-singles-revealed__10575/
I get it, you think this pin looks great, but this point is totally nonsense.

Many conservative people I know hate the latter Beatles.

They think that they became godless druggie homosexuals (yep, that's a quote).

But everybody likes the clean cut earlier Beatles.

-

Even if you think the Glory is Britney Spears best album, if were making a pinball machine.....

Everybody likes the early Britney

britneyspears-one-more-time-920x584 (resized).jpg

But many don't like the latter Britney; Glory or not.

Britney_Old1 (resized).png

So Stern would be smart to stick to the "Baby, One More Time" era of Ms. Spears, even if her best work came much latter.

#1213 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Wait, I am almost 45 and n
NO ONE my age that I know ever cared about beatles. This is targetted to the 50+ crowd or older.

Absolutely.

The best way to look at it is:

IF YOU WERE AT THE LAST BEATLES CONCERT, YOU ARE AT LEAST 73 YEARS OLD RIGHT NOW.

-
-
-
-
(Pinsiders love to argue, but let's face it, the last real Beatles concert was in 1966 - well over a half century ago)

#1263 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

A fireman who carries a picture of the queen in his wallet?

Very idealistic.

A mere 10 years latter and the kids would be singing "God save The Queen, she ain't no human being"

the-sex-pistols-standard-patch-god-save-the-queen (resized).jpg
#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How about if your parents brought you to see the Beatles when you were one week old in 1966? You’d be 52 and have some nice mental images.

Agreed, but I'd probably grow up to be a godless, druggie, homosexual....

#1286 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Why a reskin of an old game?

Proven simple layout.

No confusing ramps or mechs that might scare away older buyers.

Quoted from PinSinner:

Why only 8 songs?

It's all you need.

If there were 5, you'd want 8

If there were 10, you'd want 12

Quoted from PinSinner:

Why in gods name is it so expensive?

Stern is still looking for the max people will pay.

Since this is THE game that 90% of Pinsiders have been waiting their entire life for, what better marketing testbed than the Beatles?

#1290 1 year ago

And people think McCartney was so square.

Hell no.

He is the one who would do prank phone calls, circle jerks, one legged broads.....he even says he talks to the dead.

If you’re using the example of a fireman that keeps his truck washed and has a picture of the queen in his wallet, than you’re definition of idealistic is way different than mine.

That's the best part about Pinside, it's swirling with opinions

#1292 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

It’s a game for pure beta males.

As were the Beatles.

All the alpha males were into the Stones

#1323 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am just having a problem with the money they will charge and the limited number.

Limited number is good.

I paid $5200 for my TRON LE new-in-box and now it's worth 2x that; because they only made 400 of them.

So a limited number of Beatles pins **should** keep the value high, and that's very important on a game that you will cost as much as a new car.

#1328 1 year ago

Joe said you guys are going to want to buy 2 of these pins, one to play and one to leave in an unopened box for the collector value.

So if everybody buys 2 pins, that makes them 2x as rare, because there are only 1/2 as many on the open market.

It's simple math.

#1338 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Just because there's a fanbase for the entertainment product doesn't mean that fanbase likes or can afford a pinball machine.

Exactly.

It's not like WWE fans have $7,000 sitting around for for a pin.

They can barely afford the Boost refill cards for their cellphones.

5915388521_9ce940f731_b (resized).jpg
#1343 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For those who are getting their knickers in a knot over the pricing, check this out. You think Stern is bending you over with its prices? Check this out?

I can buy a Honey Pie shirt for the bargain price of only $136.00.

How about a Beatles toilet seat for $79 ?

0b917d62b100262ab5275b3d0485781a (resized).jpg41sbqaDw1tL (resized).jpg
#1369 1 year ago

It would be cool if held the R flipper upon power up that it would boot into old school Seawitch

#1372 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'd like to buy the ramp and try a retrofit and hope it would not crack my play field glass.

Tables like Whitewater and Comet, the ball hits the glass 50+ times per game and I've never seen one break the glass.

#1409 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This pin should cost $6k. It would sell at that.

It will sell at $10k no problem.

If Beatles fans will buy an $80 toilet seat, a $100 blanket or a $50 set of shot glasses, they'll buy anything (especially with no coin door).

#1415 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So the diamond edition will be 10k?

Maybe when all the Beatles fans start dying off you could find one that low

#1432 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

. The license is driving up the cost on this, we all know that.

Or not.

As long as you **think** that the Beatles is an expensive license, you will pay $$$$$$ for the pin.

But the reality is, the Beatles have sold their license to Toilet Seats, Pantyhose, Candles, Candy, Shot Glasses, Bedsheets, Throw Pillows, Coffee Mugs, Baby Bibs, Juice Boxes (get it, Beatle Juice ??)

Literally just garbage has the Beatles logo on it.

s-l225 (resized).jpgtumblr_med715MTRM1ryu5rko1_500 (resized).jpg
#1435 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep and this logic has been used for a long time. Williams did it in multiple games of the 80s. Worked fine.
Stern too. Flight 2000 comes to mind.

Bally had the same thing where you had to drop the targets in order, like in Vector

#1461 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think Stern is going for "13 year old girl in 1964" nostalgia with this theme, color palette etc...
If my mom had email I'd send her a link to get an opinion.

I showed my mom.

She said it's 60 years too late.

#1462 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Focusing on only early Beatles to likely push a basic design, having a basic layout using an old existing playfield design, containing a limited number of songs, a basic ruleset, and yet having an extremely high price leads me to only one conclusion.

"It is a pinball machine bred for a single purpose: to destroy the bank accounts of pinheads."

As we've discussed, even if you attended the very last Beatles concert, you are well into your 70s today.

Stuff marketed to seniors has to be simple.

senior cell (resized).jpg
#1613 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't buy for one second that Stern did this because they knew Beatles would only sell to those who saw their last concert or are just huge fans.

Only huge fans are going to buy a $25,000 pinball machine

Only Huge fans are going to buy a $15,000 pinball machine

Only huge fans are going to buy an $8,000 pinball machine

Only Huge fans are going to buy a $199 CD box set

23d2ee4e-0a19-4f68-9d59-4db868830d48_1.7a5f585e47df1d1eb66ecc2e0829b748 (resized).jpeg
#1620 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO
People do not like facts anymore.

These are alternative facts

#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

They still make CDs?

They obviously have to for Beatles fans, because they are old.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stereo-Box-Set-Remaster-Limited-Edition-Digi-Pak/11996870

#1626 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I own that set since 2009 and I'm 39 years. [quoted image]

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but @39, you are old.

Kids would have just downloaded those discs as lossless FLACs, in way less time than it took you to drive to Saturn.

You can always tell old minded people because they want to "show off" their CDs and DVDs on a shelf, whereas hipsters rip all their media to their PLEX servers, and then dispose or sell off the physical media.

They display the cover art and booklets on big touch screen monitors.

It's nice.

#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The source is the CD. You can't do better than the source.

Actually, FLACs sound better than CDs, because the processor in a CD player is "guessing" at the bits that are obscured by scratches, fingerprints and dust.

FLACs get a checksum at the end of the rip to make sure that every bit is intact, no guesswork.

If you have a Ford car made in the last decade, it can read FLACs, MP3s, or even an old iPod plugged straight into the USB port. It's not in the owners manual, but for some reason it works.

#1633 1 year ago
Quoted from Maide:

From what do you imagine people encode FLACs from?

I don't think you understand how CD-ROM drives are different than CD Players:

A CD Player is based on the best computer processing we had in 1978.

A CD PLAYER has to just guess at the missing bits based on the surrounding bits. It can't just pause the music while it tries a bit-accurate retrieval. So any fingerprints or dust cause the CD Player to read back inaccurately.

A CD-ROM drive can slow itself down to .1X below realtime (so like 20 RPM).

A CD-ROM drive can slow down and to retrieve the actual bits, that could never be done in realtime.

If a CD-ROM cannot retrieve the bits to match the checksum, the program flags those FLAC files as failed.

You then can polish out the scratches with NOVUS#2 and try those tracks again, or just download the perfect tracks from usenet.

IN Summary:

Your CD player is not playing the correct bits if there are dust or fingerprints on the disc.

FLACs don't get dust or scratches on them, and have a built in checksum to insure they are uncorrupted. Thus they only play back bit-accurate music.

#1635 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So like, as I get older, does it really matter what I'm listening to? I can't imagine my ears can tell the difference between FLAC and a 320kb rip of a CD.

As your CDs get older, they are collecting more micro-scratches, so they probably do sound worse (let alone any bitrot in the aluminum vapor coating).

On headphones you can certainly hear the difference between MP3 and FLAC.

In your 2000 era noisy truck, maybe not so much.

FLACs are also available in much higher bitrates than CDs.

So while CDs only have 44 khz bitrate, FLACs are availble in over 320 khz.

Those hi-rez files are NOT ripped from CD, and must be recorded on better equipment than the 1978 computer processors could have done.

#1694 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Why would a distro piss off stern by selling below their MAP

Distributors sell games below MAP every day.

Stern would not care even if the distributor gave the games away for free, as long as the distributor does not advertise that they are giving them away.

If you paid MAP, you paid too much

furgitaboutit (resized).jpg
#1698 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You must not be vary familiar with some sterns more recent changes then. Stern has msrp, then what the games actually sell for and that is set by stern.

That's illegal.

#1701 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:I guess you 2 don't find it odd that you can call 5 distro's and get quoted the exact same price and be told by all of them that is the bottom price stern has set.

And you believe them???

You do need to learn how to negotiate.

I know many pin owners and no one paid MAP on their Iron Maidens or Deadpoos

#1702 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So who are the good ones, help us all out buddy so we don't get screwed.

They are all kinda, sorta, **good** , you just have to be able to negotiate in a firm and manly fashion.

If they sense your weakness, you are going to pay full retail, and shipping too.

#1708 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

They are in no rush and dont have to really wheel and deal. Many of the games are shipped directly from stern so they often do not have any money tied up or an incentive to give someone some deal because they were "manly" about it.

[Sigh]

This is what I'm talking about when I say you have to learn how to negotiate.

Because they don't have them in stock is EXACTLY why they they give manly buyers a deal.

Instead of getting defensive, **think** about who actually has the power when you call to negotiate the purchase of a product.

#1716 1 year ago

I've indeed been stunned by the entire thing.

#1721 1 year ago

Plus I’m turned off by the pricing which seems like a 100% money grab over what these pins should be selling for in a competitive market place.

Why does everyone not want Stern to make some good money?

For every LOTRs there is a WOF.

For every AC/DC there is a WWE

For every Ironmaden there is a KISS

Stern has to make some money, or the next game that bombs could end them.

If Stern waited any longer to release The Beatles (they've had the license for 2 years), any remaining fans would be too old (or, let's face it, too dead) to buy it.

#1726 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Beatles is going to make WWE look like a best seller ...

I'm telling you guys, the Beatles are going to completely sell out

#1765 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

looks like they are about 5% of the way to sell out???[quoted image]

If you believe that the entire world of pinball votes in a poll on Pinside, then your math is correct.

#1766 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Only issue I see with this is wouldn’t one of the ten need to be a distro or have a tie to a distro who would be willing to acquire the lot on behalf of the 10?

Some Stern distros seem to operate out of their garage, so it's not like Stern checks if you have a commercial storefront

I know of a pinball club that is a distro for their members. Does Stern know? Probably.

Form a DBA for $25, get everyone's cash from your league, figure out any speedbumps for your local, order a block of Beatles pins + some Iron Maidens.

Opportunity favors the clever.

#1776 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont, but Pinside is obviously a very good indicator.

It's a terrible indicator.

People who don't even play pinball, but collect Beatles crap are going to buy it

Senior centers are going to buy it (not surprisingly 2 of the WOF I service are in senior living centers).

Out of my 100s of regular pinball clients, maybe 3 regularly look at pinside (and probably don't have an account to vote).

-

If you have a hard time thinking outside of your box, consider this:

MILLIONS of people own Ford Mustangs, yet only 33,000 belong to the Mustang forum.

#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from pudealee:

While I'd love to have one of these machines, no chance I'll get even the lowest model NIB. I wonder how the used market will be down the road?

Keep an eye on Estate Sales.

It won't be long, yeah yeah yeah yeah, it won't be long whoooooo

#1790 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s getting better all the time.

No wonder Paul used to beat his women and keep them away from loved ones.

#1797 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Sgt. Peppers theme would been stellar.

All those famous faces were just a signature away back then.

Now every one of them would demand payment.

Lennon wanted Hitler, but everyone else said no. Could have used his image for free today.

#1812 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sources tell me their will be a topper whether included or accessory purchase remains to be seen.

There is so much Beatles garbage that people can clop on top of their games, why limit yourself to Stern toppers?

beatlesbeanbearset (resized).jpglego-beatles1 (resized).jpgmug020015b771ef104f8b_720x600 (resized).jpg
#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

This would be my topper choice. I was going to do this to my Beat Time...
[quoted image]

This is even uglier:

Beatles-Ringo-Starr-Bubble-Bath-Doll-Colgate-1965 (resized).jpg
#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

if this exact pin came out when LOTR came out, I wonder what its cost would be?
several thousand more than LOTR? same? Less?

$3600

#1839 1 year ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Is it Nov 6th yet?

Sorry, you missed it

(I'm suppressing your vote)

#1862 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

For a lot of people having no interest in this pin....this thread is poppin'!

It's just like a house fire.

You don't know who lived there, but you stand around looking at the spectacle, wondering what those people did to deserve it.

#1879 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For the life of me, I just cannot comprehend why Stern would want to produce a play field that is single level

In that interview, Joe said he wanted a single level playfield for the simplicity that a Beatles Collector could simply walk up and play the game.

He wanted a game that looked like it could have come from 1964

It was almost a Galaxy clone instead of Seawitch.

#1886 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:For $25,000 and $12,500, Distributors better start advertising these games on geriatric caviar and kopi luwak monkey poop coffee ordering websites. They need to reach their audience.

The other 1,614 games can advertise here.

Like always, about 1/2 of Stern's production goes overseas, so does anyone doubt that 1000 of these games won't be sold in the States in a few weeks?

Kids are going to start bootlegging them, like every "vintage" guitar on CL

#1891 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Question- How popular is The Beatles overseas? I'd imagine some markets would have close to zero interest. Star Wars might have fairly equal appeal world wide for one example but The Beatles might only be a seller in the US and UK. And I'm guessing about the UK.
Where are the fans located is the million dollar question.

Obviously Beatles are super popular in Germany.

1161 (resized).jpg

Very popular in Russia.

14_mccartney_putin_g_w (resized).jpg

India

beatles-in-india-9c736b8e-0cd0-4c55-9535-35db0341564d (resized).jpg

France

64_beatles_008_paris (resized).jpg
#1894 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey did he address the biggest controversy of all about this project, his neglected website?

lol

#1917 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

To be fair, that turntable is $1599 in it's non-Beatle variant.

Seawitch is $1599 in it's non-Beatle variant.

#1928 1 year ago

Beatles were big in 80’s with me and friends. We never went to their concert,

That's because their last concert was in 1966.....

#1943 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

One thing I don't understand, if the games aren't meant for pinball fans and the normal pinball distributors have to buy 10 packs, who do they sell them to if the main way the target market (non-pinball Beatles fans) hear about the game is through the Beatles store?

ABC News Radio, Beatles forums, Price Is Right, AARP Podcast, John Lennon's 80th birthday party, any of the 500 Beatles conventions

#1946 1 year ago

London calling, now don't look to us
Phony Beatlemania, has bitten the dust....

#2136 1 year ago

With all this talk of ****, you guys REALLY did want a later era Beatles pin.

Brian Epstein could have his own combo mode

#2155 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Typical terrible stern marketing. No matrix. No solid pricing.

It will probably be completely sold out before it matters

The local distro sold 2 ten packs out completely

#2160 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You have a local distro in the Middle East Vid?

Of course.

http://wogme.com/

#2161 1 year ago

Well what did he sell the platinum & diamonds for?

Plat was 45000 dirham, I did not ask about diamond

#2259 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Controlled drop targets on a crappy 80's game.

Meteor 1979 had computer controlled drops, it ain't rocket science

#2262 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I can’t even find it on your Dubai distro’s site...

I head a rumor that their site is run by the same hosting company that does KaPow's

Seriously, I'm sure the game will be sold out long before WOG lists them for sale.

#2266 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Vector isn't a great game, but the way it uses memory controlled drops is.

Vector is a great game.

The problem is that if anything is not working, the whole thing falls into the toilet.

It's a good choice for a home game where someone keeps an eye on it; but on route, it just had too much interconnected mechs.

#2274 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Joe seems to be a bit touchy on the subject all together...

He spent 2 years of his life developing something that everyone said could never be done.

Then instead of being able to enjoy his success, a bunch of pindicks are shitting on him and his hard work.

#2296 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We (pinheads) are critical of every new game that comes out; as we should be for any 7200 purchase!

Pindicks are always crying like bitches, before they have even played a game.

They are just sad sub-humans with no joy in their lives.

Quoted from Whysnow:

If the game is selling well, then seems silly to be so defensive. Let the product and sales do the talking.

I thought it was a great (and accurate) comeback.

Quoted from Whysnow:

when you reskin a game and sell it for a huge mark up

What was the mark up on the game?

I did not see the BOM, licensing and production costs posted. Link?

#2319 1 year ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

I am interested in the Beatles pin (It's a new pin)... and I go here to talk about that... But some of this thread is batshit crazy.

I'm a member or moderator of a bunch of forums (Audiophile, Fender Guitar, Canon Camera, Pirate Software, Mustang, Rocketry, Astronomy, Aquarium) but nothing comes close to the insane negativity of Pinside.

It's the saddest collection of subhumans on the net, by far.

#2337 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Who exactly buys pins that aren't at least casually interested in the hobby?

KISS fans.

Anytime you go to somebodies house and they have a dead pinball machine in the basement, it's always a KISS machine surrounded by Kiss Krap all over the walls around it.

Vid: Kiss, eh?
Kiss Fan: That thing still lights up!!!! I got it off Ebay after the final reunion tour.
V: Nice restoration.
KF: Seven thousand kiss bucks [whispering]
V: Can we play it?
KF: Naw, I think the ball got lost or somethin'.
V: Got the keys?
KF: I used to have a guy who would come tune it, but after the kids moved out....we never played it; kinda noisy, really.

kollection_sf19 (resized).jpg

#2341 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The same person who is paying him to worship overrated prog rock bores like King Crimson?

Hey, let's be fair; they had one good album 49 years ago.

#2346 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

You are forgetting In the Wake of Poseidon, Islands, Lizard,Lark's Tongues in Aspic, Starless and Bible Black, Red, Discipline, and Thrak.

I have all those albums on my server, but you are right, I've long forgotten them.

#2350 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I really can picture thisgame earning on location.
It's a game that can be placed at most types of locations.

It would be easy to find the proper location.

Drive around town and look for bars with a bunch of old people huddled together outside, trying to stay dry while smoking.

#2358 1 year ago
Quoted from drained:

Who cares.. this is turning into flip for the wrong reason pin. $$

Has there been any evidence that even a single Beatles pin has been flipped?

#2371 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

One word. PRICE
I love all pins too JG
You will NOT buy this shitfest and we both know it

C'mon, ya got to quit worrying about what other people do with their money.

I'd hate to tell you what I spent on my new watch...lol

#2378 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

probably a fraction of what I spent on my new car!

You sir, must have great taste in automobiles

Hublot-Big-Bang-750x436 (resized).jpg
#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Does it really not bother you that people want to have sex with expensive pinball machines? Isn't that fucking weird?! It raises so many troubling issues!

The entire BOPB game is about having sex with a pinball machine.

Same thing with Xenon and a many other games.

Guys who are obsessed with pinball are stuck in their adolescence forever.

Adolescents will have sex with anything. A sock, the vacuum, their sister's heels, a stuffed animal, a friggin hot apple pie - literally anything.

When you see Edward Kienholz at the national gallery, you know he understands pinhead mentality.

2-Fondazione-Prada-Kienholz-525x700 (resized).jpg
#2436 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

nice - ceramic or titanium?

Titanium, I think all the Ceramic have the black bezel (but don't quote me, because sometimes the bezels are carbon)

#2469 1 year ago
Quoted from jasonp:

West Long Branch, NJ – Nearly five decades after they broke up, the Beatles are the clear leader when Americans name the greatest rock and roll band of all time. The Monmouth University Poll finds that fully 86% of U.S. adults like the Beatles while only 8% dislike them.
Read the rest here https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_110818/
I guess this settles it..............

What do you think is the greatest Rock and Roll band or group of all time?

TREND: Aug2018 March1999*
The Beatles 23% 29%
The Rolling Stones 8% 9%
AC/DC 4% 1%
Led Zeppelin 4% 3%
The Eagles 3% 3%
Aerosmith 2% 2%
Queen 2% <1%
The Beach Boys 1% 2%
Bon Jovi 1% n/a
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band 1% <1%
Creedence Clearwater Revival 1% 1%
Def Leppard 1% n/a
Elvis Presley 1% 1%
Fleetwood Mac 1% 1%
The Grateful Dead 1% 1%
Guns N’ Roses 1% n/a
The Jimi Hendrix Experience 1% n/a
Journey 1% n/a
Kiss 1% <1%
Lynard Skynard 1% 1%
Metallica 1% 1%
Pink Floyd 1% 1%
U2 1% 1%
The Who 1% 1%
Other 19% 17%
None 7% 4%
(VOL) Don’t know 14% 23%
(n) (805) (1,021)

* Source: Gallup Poll

B2. Do you like or dislike the Beatles, or haven’t you heard of them? [If LIKE: Do you like them a lot, or a little?]

TREND: Aug2018 July2009*
Like, a lot 50% 49%
Like, a little 36% 33%
Dislike 8% 11%
Not heard of 2% 4%
(VOL) Don’t know 4% 3%
(n) (805) (1,701)

* Source: Pew Research Center (results for age 18 and older only)

B3. Do you think the Beatles today appeal more to people with liberal political beliefs, more to people with conservative political beliefs, or do they appeal equally to people across the political spectrum?

Aug2018
Appeal more to liberals 24%
Appeal more to conservatives 3%
Appeal equally across political spectrum 58%
(VOL) Don’t know 15%
(n) (805)

B4. Do you think the Beatles were more political, less political, or about as political as other bands from the 1960s?
Aug2018
More political 30%
Less political 14%
About as political 40%
(VOL) Don’t know 16%
(n) (805)

#2475 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

People do not understand what the term "Sold Out" really means.

Pinsiders know full well what "sold out" means.

They play dumb because that's easier than just admitting that they were wrong about the demand for the Beatles pin.

Even when every single distro says they have 0 left in stock, pindicks will say "Yeah, but collectors did not even buy the game to play, they kept them in boxes to try and flip a decade from now!!!!!!!!!!!1"

"The Beatles was not marketed to me, thus it must totally suck!!!!!!!1"

#2476 1 year ago

BREAKING NEWS: RCT is not sold out, because I know of a distributor that has one up on a rack in his warehouse.

Fact.

#2478 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I thought Pink Floyd would be a little higher on the list.

If you asked your grandma to name a Pink Floyd song, she could not do it.

But if you asked her to name a Stones, Beatles or Elvis song - she could probably name several.

#2485 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sounds like some of you are thinking of hoarding some inventory of Beatles

Hell no, I learned my lesson when I only bought 3 Tron LEs

#2487 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wake me up when “every single Distro has 0”

That's gonna be your job.

I personally don't care enough to keep tabs on it.

I only called a few distributors to make sure my clients paid the best price; not to do your legwork.

#2490 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did it make up for the pallet of WWE LE's still sitting in storage?

That's one theme I was never into

Probably because I'm too old to have ever played with those toys.

#2491 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You sure seem like you have a hard on for pumping these pins Vid! Now i sort of understand why, you are buying for "clients".

I've got a hard on for John, he was the gay one!

#2493 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Way to go Stern, selling out every title. I am sorry you don't want business from people like me.

They don't need your business, they sold out every machine they were licensed to create.

Hopefully most of the machines will go to happy collectors, not curmudgeons who will cry because their favorite song was not included, or that it didn't have enough balls in the multiball, or that it did not have a coindoor, or ....

It's better that the game went to buyers who were happy with the game as it is.

1 week later
#2889 1 year ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Any topper suggestions yet?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I got these.

I'll put red LEDs in their eyes and wire them to the pop bumpers.

faces (resized).jpg
#2895 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Make a base with several sets of "spot" lights and hook those up to the pops.

Or maybe a small solenoid under each and have them bop along with the pops

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Sale Pending!
Baltimore, MD
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
8,499 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Bossier City, LA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 7.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside