(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

*Yawn*
I'm pushing 50, and this is a band that broke up before I was born. I find it hard to believe that anyone could possibly be excited about this... except for geriatrics like Gary Stern.

I’m younger than you and The Beatles are timeless.

1 month later
#153 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

If so, my money’s safe.

No doubt. If they squander the license to end all licenses, that would be a shame. I’m the biggest Beatles fan I know and I would be hard-pressed to get excited about anything that doesn’t resemble or play like a modern game.

2 weeks later
#677 5 years ago

I can't believe it. Actually, I can believe it. I've waited my whole pinball-playing life to play a Beatles pin. And THIS??? This is it? What a fucking joke.

2 weeks later
#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm a member or moderator of a bunch of forums (Audiophile, Fender Guitar, Canon Camera, Pirate Software, Mustang, Rocketry, Astronomy, Aquarium) but nothing comes close to the insane negativity of Pinside.
It's the saddest collection of subhumans on the net, by far.

Sorry, but that designation goes to the Breitbart forum.

2 weeks later
#2927 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I demand tallness, and coin doors......

We are tall, so you're not really kidding about demanding "tallness". But that's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. Pinsiders have decided that it's not cool to speak negatively about this game now. I'll reserve judgment about how it plays until I actually play it, but I'm still on board with the notion that Stern/KaPow squandered this license like no other. I'm as big a Beatles fan as you and my excitement level for this game is nil.

2 weeks later
#3187 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Not hard to ignore value if you are, say, an international celebrity who can easily take a big loss on re-sale. Those of us who make living wages... much bigger deal.

I agree. It also makes no sense on the consumer end to be rooting for companies to be making money hand over fist. Because all that means is that they’re making money hand over fist on you and me. No thanks. As someone who makes “living wages” like you, I root for companies to hang on, but barely so I can get things for as little as possible. I don’t like when people hit home runs on me. My resources are too scarce. So, we all have our own niche.

#3218 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's idiotic, people and companies don't RISK capital, lots of it, just to barely scrape by to benefit people like you. Nobody holds a gun to your head to buy anything. Use your "resources" however you see fit.
Without capitalism being alive and well you wouldn't have a job. Along with many others.

You do things the Richie Rich way, and I'll do things my way. There's no doubt that without capitalism that I wouldn't have a job. My job is thanks to tax dollars. And your life would suck without roads, military, schools, police, and fire, clean air, etc. Anyway, my wages and benefits have been stagnant during the last economic expansion and always are in the supposed "good" times. The flip side is that when things go to crap, I still have a job. That's my personal "good" economy. I do best when things get cheaper in poor economic times (houses, cars, hobbies, whatever). That's the way it's been for 25 years, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I certainly didn't make it that way. That's just the way it works out.

#3228 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Everybody's life would. "You didn't build that...."
Then again I don't live life "us versus them"
If you are dependent on taxpayer dollars for your livelihood then I'm happy for you that there are so many fully employed taxpayers these days to make a great economy and help pay everybody.

I’m not going to be rooting for higher prices in a hobby that I like. Sorry. Besides, are wealthy people the only ones allowed to look out for their best interests in addition to getting upset when those of modest means look out for theirs?

#3352 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It didn't feel anything like a classic Stern. Probably cause it's a game made 40 years later by a different company! It certainly felt like a Stern game built in 2018. Snappy, solid "build quality" and a fully-realized "world under glass." I had no trouble trapping the ball. But game times seemed very short in my groups.
Also I have determined that this game is really fun but it's actually value is placed at $4212.16 and NOT A PENNY MORE! I mean I'd buy it in a second for $3706. But at $8000? NO WAY MAN!!!!

“World under glass.”? Stern? And Stern Beatles at that? There’s a laugh.

The game may be fun. Looking forward to at least trying it. Hopefully it will ease my initial reaction to the game which was that Stern squandered the greatest license of all time.

#3370 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m thinking by world under glass he meant the old school vibe the entire package gives you.
They didn’t squander a damn thing here, they hit a home run!

Home run? That's pretty strong language. Are you saying that this is among the Stern greats?

#3405 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

For anyone who has just jumped on to this thread, here's a summary of the last 3400 posts about the Beatles pin:
1. It looks great
2. It sounds good
3. It plays well and is a lot of fun
4. Operator owners are happy with it
5. Enthusiast owners are happy with it
6. The playfield design mirrors, and has made improvements on, a good older game
7. Stern are in the pinball business to make money and have priced it accordingly
8. It is expensive and there's a lot of people in this world who can't afford one
[quoted image]

#9 (Number nine, number nine)- Many Pinsiders forget that they're consumers and have no financial stake in Stern and therefore no business cheering on Stern's pricing scheme.

And speaking of "Number nine, number nine", it reminds me of a potential #10, which is that the White Album or any Beatles albums 1966 and beyond is much better than the mop top stuff. Of course, there is Taxman in this game, which doesn't fit the artwork at all.

1 month later
#3466 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The game is very fun, nobody is arguing against that.

Well...

Quoted from cottonm4:

Somebody really needs to start a thread called "The Beatles $4K Crowd".

Me? It is not in my budget and I can't afford it. But I'd sure like to have one. I'd like to have a new Corvette, too, but it is not in my budget and I can't afford it. But i'd sure like to have one.

What about if the pin is priced like a Corvette (in pin terms), but drives and is featured like a Chevette?

3 weeks later
#3566 5 years ago

Stern tried to sell on theme alone, charge as much as possible for as little as possible, put as little effort into designing an original game as possible, and it flopped. Is it fun? I suppose it is fun in the way that any SS game is fun. It's fun for a little while, until it isn't. And that time frame is much shorter than a modern game. Stern treated AC/DC fans with respect with an awesome game (which they should) and the treated Beatles fans like chumps with more money than sense.

#3570 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

So if you think Stern treated Beatles fans like "chumps", then I guess pin-nuts (like myself) are "super chumps"! Might want to list what games you own so we can learn from your sophisticated taste in games.

Here's my history if you're really that curious. Bought my first game in 2000 from eBay (a mint TZ for $1500). Sold it and didn't care again until 2010. Since then, I've had many games, including another TZ and The Shadow twice. I have one at a time or two at the most, so I don't really maintain a "collection". Critique away. If The Beatles was so fantastic, you wouldn't be so defensive. And to add one thing to my post that you hated so much, they couldn't even get the era right. Even John was embarrassed to have ever been a mop top.

COLLECTION HISTORY
Sort by: » Date added » Game name

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Johnny Mnemonic
Williams, 1995
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Earthshaker
Williams, 1989
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Twilight Zone
Bally, 1993
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Twilight Zone
Bally, 1993
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard
Data East, 1994
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Revenge From Mars
Bally, 1999
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
No Good Gofers
Williams, 1997
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Stargate
Gottlieb, 1995
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Batman (The Dark Knight)
Stern, 2008
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Shadow, The
Bally, 1994
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
The Rolling Stones
Stern, 2011
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Pirates of the Caribbean
Stern, 2006
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
The Avengers (Premium/LE)
Stern, 2012
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Congo
Williams, 1995
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Corvette
Bally, 1994
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Spider-Man
Stern, 2007
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Junk Yard
Williams, 1996
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
AC/DC (Pro)
Stern, 2012
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Last Action Hero
Data East, 1993
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Stern, 2010
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Who Dunnit
Bally, 1995
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Twister
Sega, 1996
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Williams, 1993
??? ???

» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Shadow, The
Bally, 1994
??? ??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread?tu=usandthem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.