(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider unigroove.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#248 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, will be interesting to see how much they tweak this layout.

It would make sense to turn the droptarget bank on the mid left to a 4-bank. Then each target in a drop target bank can represent a group member and the players can shoot them (no pun intended). Aren't there also 4 standup targets? then each member could represent a set as well. I can see how some new rules can work with that.

2 weeks later
#589 5 years ago

Just talked to Gary Stern. There will be an official announcement for the game in about a week to two weeks. The video was planned to go live today. According to Gary, "it's just a little teaser."

#688 5 years ago

I think I see a pattern here:
1. show video of new game that makes people dislike the game and voice opinions online.
2. eventually show the game and have it turn out to be much better than anyone was expecting
3. Watch people change their opinion on the game, which by then will be sold out.

#821 5 years ago

It may be interesting to note that Joe Kaminkow mentioned recently (I think on the Head2Head pinball podcast) that (assuming he was referring to Beatles) he gave this license a new shot and had Christopher Franchi do some artwork to show the licensor. Apparently, that's what got them interested in licensing the theme to Ka-Pow/Stern. So, while many may not like the shown artwork, the licensor must have thought it was great. From that point on, Stern's hands may have been tight due to licensor's approval. This is all pure speculation, but don't underestimate the power of a licensor.

In addition: if the $50k price tag for the Diamond Edition is correct (and so far most of what has been rumored has been correct) then only selling these 100 games brings in $5,000,000. The license was apparently $1.000.000, so they still have a $4M turnover by making 100 games. Even if they don't make the other models that's a huge profit for Stern. If they do sell the other games, more profit for them.

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

It may be interesting to note that Joe Kaminkow mentioned recently (I think on the Head2Head pinball podcast) that (assuming he was referring to Beatles) he gave this license a new shot and had Christopher Franchi do some artwork to show the licensor. Apparently, that's what got them interested in licensing the theme to Ka-Pow/Stern. So, while many may not like the shown artwork, the licensor must have thought it was great. From that point on, Stern's hands may have been tight due to licensor's approval. This is all pure speculation, but don't underestimate the power of a licensor.
In addition: if the $50k price tag for the Diamond Edition is correct (and so far most of what has been rumored has been correct) then only selling these 100 games brings in $5,000,000. The license was apparently $1.000.000, so they still have a $4M turnover by making 100 games. Even if they don't make the other models that's a huge profit for Stern. If they do sell the other games, more profit for them.

to continue on my previous post, now from a different perspective:
While the math may work on those 100 games selling at $50K, it will be interesting to see whether there are enough die-hard fans to pay that kind of money. I mean, KISS has the most loyal fans and they had difficulty selling signed games for 12K or so. Sure there are some Beatles fans that will pay $100.000 for a guitar owned by Lennon, or a handwritten song lyric by McCartney, but this is a new game in which none of the Beatles had anything to do with. Elvis pinball games don’t sell for top dollar. You can even argue that Batman 66 may have sold all the SLE games because Adam West was involved in a minor way. But that’s not the case here (as far as we know so far). I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Either way, hit or miss, if Kaminkow funded the license, Stern isn’t risking much.

1 week later
#1643 5 years ago

Since this game has no ramps, am I the only one wondering why they didn't put it in a similar cabinet as Pabst Can Crusher? That would have made sense to me as it reflects on how pinball machines used to look back then. It would also allow for a big backglass and still have an LCD in it. Putting in stepper motor score reels could also be an option.

#1931 5 years ago

For those interested: as editor of Pinball magazine I interviewed Joe Kaminkow and Gary Stern on the new Beatles game. There may be some news in there (9th song added). You can listen to both interview in a special podcast: http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/joe-kaminkow-and-gary-stern-discuss-the-beatles-pinball_136781

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider unigroove.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread?tu=unigroove and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.