(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3010 5 years ago

With all this being said about routing games, factual or hypothetical - I would really like to see a JJP POTC opened, set up on location and document the breaks, tweets and fixes done to it along with play audits. A truthful one and not done by someone who lies, forgets, and/or is just plain full of shit to go "against" other companies, games or Pinheads. Seems to make sense because Pirates should earn well.

If a game has superior quality then it should hold up hold up on location. Perfect? No. Solid? Yes

Please do this. I am sure a lot of folks would have interest.

#3012 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Depends on the location. The op for the local pinball bar here has actually pulled out DI and Walking Dead for a Firepower and Seawitch, set at 2/$1. There's been a Flight 2000 there at 2/$1 and it's been consistently earning.
But, it's a dedicated pinball crowd who drink a lot. It's not a Family Fun Centre. That said, the "normals" who walk in off the street tend to play those games more than the WPC/Stern lineup.

Man my guy has a bunch of great games at 3/$2. Anything from IMDN to AFM. I think I would do 3 plays on them over 4/$2 on FP and F2000. I mean FP can be challenging to play.

But you were talking about earnings, so if the older games work well and earn, then that is good for him and the players who play.

1 week later
#3185 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What data is that?
Because you just told us that your data shows that NIB pros which cost 1K more then they did a few years ago can be routed for 3 years and sold for more then NIB? So how did a stern pro go up in original sale price and yet has no decline, instead you route it and sell it for more?

What shtick is that? Common sense? Not living in an alternate universe?

Remember Hilton does get his NIB games for $500-$700 lower than the Stern price floor though. Lower than fools like us who pay the floor shipped.

Or maybe he passes on those prices? Or it may not include $500-$700 shipping costs? And he never says who gave him the prices? Kind of a blur.

#3189 5 years ago

Well those making “living wages”, why don’t you just buy a huo Beatles after “the big loss on resale” you say is coming, from some celebrity, domestic or international, who can take a big loss? This can satisfy your “need” for another pinball machine. I would recommend buying from a Domestic Celebrity due to the possible language barrier dealing with and international one.

Or maybe just put the money in a “want” like your savings, IRA, 529 ,home repairs, pay down debt or to save up for a house down payment? Just play on location or at a friends house.

Wait. What is the difference between wants and needs again?

#3191 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Funny thing is these same people have no issue spending 7-8k on any other premium/LE title of your choice.
It’s pinball folks it’s all relative, who really give a shit about ones perceived value. I wanted a Beatles pin, the gold was in my budget and the others weren’t.
Further, I didn’t want a dialed in, MBR,MMR,Munsters,Maiden le, Deadpool LE, insert whatever other machines there are at this price point.
They have no value to me as I won’t EVER buy one of them.

Yup fun toys. I hope you enjoy it. Some of my friends are getting Beatles and I hope they love it too.

#3196 5 years ago

Good prediction on no updates. Stern has been doing a very poor job at updates lately.

I think that most celebrity’s have assistants who do the updates for them, even the older international celebrities.

But like you predict there will be no updates anyaway, so no worries about the older celebrity, non pinabll Enthusists, who buy pinabll machines for some reason, not being able to update their Beatles pinball that they don’t play anyway.

This being said I would not be suprised if a next generation Beatles pinball was produced in the future. It would be Abbey Road and Sgt Peppers based. Ahhhh.

#3199 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Really? Not good at updating code lately?
They have been cranking out updates like crazy and have been quite pleased with them.
Other than GB, I have zero complaints.

Joking. They were slow for a bit but last year have been knocking code out. Hope GB is a solid one soon.

#3230 5 years ago

If looking out for yourself is sitting around hoping pinball prices drop, so you can afford them more easily then I would find another plan ASAFP.

#3267 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Different “audience” to TNA? More randoms who can’t play pinball attracted to Beatles? Certainly compared to TNA.

You are saying Beatles is not a good game and/or the folks who choose to play it can’t play Pinball and that is why Beatles out earns TNA?

Flip it around - are there any flaws of TNA that would make it not as appealing to play on location and not earn well against the Beatles?

#3269 5 years ago

Ah. Did not understand the ?’s. And sometimes TNA isnt fun for folks who can play pinball. Even very good players. Tough game.
!

But yes it can be hard to find that fine line of a game to be both good for true players and casual players on location. Perhaps Beatles can accomplish this.

Can’t wait to try it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.