(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#731 5 years ago

It is ridiculous but I can only think that Stern is trying to keep their 5 lines running. After PPS decided to build machines themselves, I think Kapow was willing to step up. I remember Gary stating he wanted to do some contract pinball to keep lines going. What is unfortunate is how many people will get butt hurt over it. I am over this super limited bs.

#738 5 years ago

Who wants to sell me their Big Labowski to buy a Beatles?

#827 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

I don’t get it. Beatles is a dream theme for people. I have hundreds of hours in on Beatles research for various projects. I am AMAZED that this is what Stern is showing.

I was disappointed at first and honesty had just selfish thoughts. I thought why would Stern do this? I would love to see a modern Beatles machine with LCD, ramps, magnets, etc.(what a waste of the license potential) I probably would have been a buyer if it was a modern machine. Then over time I started to think about it and it is just a business decision made by well-Stern. It is contract pinball and the cost of re-issuing an older title would speed up the timeline along with offsetting the cost of the license. If Stern had to have someone design from ground up and wait for approvals with a major franchise-headaches would have followed. This was a way to get the game out quicker and at the same time re-release a classic game. I thought years ago that Stern should look into re-issuing older titles. Lots of people that want a classic simple pinball, one's like they grew up with. People may disagree with the pricing, but I believe that is up to Ka-pow and not Stern(again contract pinball). Glad Stern can keep those lines churning, I am out on this one but looking forward to Munsters reveal.

#831 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It will be wild if Stern can sell those 100 at that price. I can't even be upset about it. If there's money on the table, you take that money.

Hoping the guys that decide to drop 50k will also need to sell or drop some of their beloved cq collector games in order to buy Beatles. We need a thread-"What are you selling to buy Beatles?" Lots of monies will be sucked out by this title, hoping more used games will come up in market place.

-Looking for a Stern NBA, Godzilla, and Big Labowski

#834 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I don't see a whole lot of pinball people falling for this scam.....

I thought the $15,000 BM66 SLE was stupid as well, but everyone sucked them up with a huge smile on their face. People will do almost anything for something they want or love. I scratch my head, but lots of people out there that 'have to have it!'

#837 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

There's a huge difference between 15 and 50. 35, unless my math is wrong. That's a WHOLE LOT MORE scam....

What was funny was the interview with Joe and him explaining how it will hold it's value and people should be able to profit from it. LMAO

No machine is worth anywhere near 50K

#845 5 years ago

I know it is contract pinball but what about all of the potential fallout from loyal pinheads that disagree with pricing structure, management, etc. I guess when you are banking $4,000,000+ in profit the thoughts of maintaining your loyal base goes out the window. They could give a shit about what we think because we will buy their next title.

I can just imagine the damage control that Jared (on Facebook) etc. is having to deal with. Lots of profit vs pissing off lots of people?

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Agreed. But let's see what the actual price is on these things. I think stern was sticker shocked a little when the standard edition Monster bash was 5,999.00 when it has a five in front of it that's too close to stern Pro's pricing.

Stern could give two shits about their competition. They have games scheduled years out now with a plan. The only thing they have done is borrowed ideas from their competitors. I played Big Labowski the other day and went to turn on the game under the cab only to find the power switch was in the head. I thought to myself-'Oh that's where Stern got the idea from'.

#875 5 years ago

You have obviously not seen the new fad with robotic prostitutes, they are the new craze right now. Keep on trolling

#1104 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

So,in retrospect they turned to a theme from the BBC show called "Ready,Steady.GO! which the BBC has the rights to use the music the Beatles recorded on the show!! Thats why only five songs appear to be included!

This statement explains it all, sub par license rights. No way Joe paid any where near a million dollars for these rights. I was wondering why they would not do Yellow Submarine, and this explains it all-thanks for the clarification.

I am torn on this whole title. One part of me wants to think it is cool and a refreshing change and the other half of me is soured by the choice to offer overpriced machines to the public. I like the machine but I hate their sales tactics.

Starting to think Ka-pow/Stern partnership is not good for the long term and overall health of this hobby(Wonder what Gary's father would think about this tactic? Is it all about the money nowadays?)

#1123 5 years ago

Well I am out, so I might as well get the hell out of this thread. I am better off spending my time looking for some affordable used Sterns that are under-rated. I still need to check out BBH, Sopranos, Monopoly, Aerosmith, Mustang, etc. So many good, affordable classics. Can't waste another minute of my time on this bs.

For everyone who gets suckered into this one-enjoy it and if it makes you happy-that is all that counts. I am a man of principle and sorry but this is nothing but a cash grab. I'm out, now get me out of here.

Get me out of here.gifGet me out of here.gifGreat Pitch.jpgGreat Pitch.jpg
2 months later
#3478 5 years ago

The question is: What were your expectations in terms of time frame for selling out on a limited overpriced boutique pinball machine-not meant for hardcore pinheads? Weeks, Months, or Years?

Supply and demand will determine future pricing on this title. Seems to me the majority of people who have actually played it-actually like it. We all agree it is not an $8000 game-beating a dead horse, but it seems like $6000-$6500 and people are ok with that? We are talking about $1500 price difference? Anyway I do hope they do not sell well and Stern authorizes distributors to lower map pricing-because I would be interested if the price was reasonable.

#3507 5 years ago

I really like Beatles but I am beginning to doubt that I will ever be able to justify pricing. $7600 can buy me two decent used Sterns. Little voice in my head keeps saying-screw Beatles and get an Elvis back in the collection. I am sure it would be a great game for guest and newer pinball players, but I may get tired of just a single level game. Other voice in my head is saying if you want a single level game to add diversification to the collection-buy a TNA. Damn all these voices in my head.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.