(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 5 years ago

Any speculation on designer, coder or artist?

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pretty sure it was posted a while back Lonnie is on code.

Really? Back to back titles with Munsters and Beatles? Has this been confirmed?

Lyman has not done a game since BM66 late 2016, surely he will have a game coming out soon? It makes sense to have Lyman on a Kapow title. I think making a Beatles Pin would be extremely difficult and would need his magic to help make it special. I think Dwight is on The Munsters, I was hoping for Lyman on The Munsters.

2 weeks later
#238 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That along with the "It is very classic pinball" comment from the TWIP interview makes it sound like an EM type game.

Not necessarily. We were lucky enough to meet Gary Stern in Australia last month. He attributed IMDNs success to the game having a "classic feel". Juicy Melons did not sell very well so I cannot see Stern going down that road again in a hurry.

#278 5 years ago

Tesla is only catching us out once, never again. They talk it up and do not deliver. Pinball companies are much more responsive to their customers. Tesla could learn a lot from all the pinball companies.

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's terrifying

1 month later
#3095 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stern has no threat from any other company, because they are king of the high dollar cheap table currently being made. Because Stern’s copy and paste system, can’t be threatened. No other maker makes such simple no frills pinball tables than Stern. The great thing about Stern is their motto is: how good is good enough, cause we don’t care.
I was at a pinball event this past weekend and realized after playing a dozen Stern’s that they all began to blur and seemed to play and be near the same table. Just a couple ramps, with some plastics thrown here and there for a theme and relatively no motorized toys. DP with a slinky bash toy and IM with a lifting ramp. Not much at all in interactive toys. If the asking price were what they were just 7-8 years ago, then such a sparse amount of goodies is fine, but when the asking price is double that of 7-8 years ago, shouldn’t we expect a great deal more?
Even Stern’s boutique tables like Beatles and Primus cost an incredible $8,000.00 for not much at all. Cannot believe anyone would be sucked into paying that kind of money for so little in return. Those tables should only be no more than $3.5k to $4k tops.
We all need to vote with our money and just say no to Stern’s policy of giving very little in game toys, quality and code depth versus what other makers give us for our money spent. That would return pricing away from gouging us to being fairly priced again like it was just 7 years ago. When Tron could be purchased NIB for $3,800. Hoping Munsters will reflect a change in offering and fair pricing, but it probably won’t.
Maybe if Beatles Boutique table does poorly Stern will rethink their strategy and return us to the good ol’ days of pinball. They would flourish if they did and make even more money than they do now. I do hope Stern is successful in making this much needed change.

I am really sorry you feel that way about Stern.. Maybe you vote with your wallet and we will vote with ours. That is the absolute best way to get your point across. We love all our Stern games, some of the best games ever produced have come out in the last few years. You can vote with your wallet and buy and play Thunderbirds and I will vote with my wallet and buy and play TWDLE and IMDNLE.

#3214 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffreeStar:

We got our Platinum machine last night and haven't stopped playing it! I know there are mixed feelings about this pin but once it's in front of you and you're playing, all the doubt goes away and we're hooked!
[quoted image]

Thanks very much for posting. Great to see people that have bought and played the game love it. Congratulations!

I am really looking forward to having a go on one soon.

3 weeks later
#3418 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Played Beatles for the first time last night and I must say I’m stunned that Stern/Kapow can sleep at night, after charging Charlatan prices for the Beatle/witch table. There is nothing to it? It’s the emporers new clothes syndrome all over again. Can’t everyone see that there is virtually nothing to this table? Boredom sets in after a dozen plays literally, in the way of game play.
The video clips of the Beatles are a joke. I saw on screen what I think was Paul, since the film lighting was so bad, you could hardly make out it was him. However the pop up graphics Stern created are nice.
Why would anyone pay an outrageous amount of money for this table ($8k)??? It honestly shouldn’t be sold for more than $3k to $3.5k, maybe $4k allowing for high license fees. The second hand market is not going to be kind to those that purchased this table.
After saying all that, in very small doses it is fun to play - occasionally. With only seconds played of each of the nine songs, they begin to grate on ones nerves, after hearing the same 40 seconds for the tenth time. And I’m a huge fan of those songs. The one caveat is the sound system Stern put on the table is its best feature. Maybe using the sound brower and adding full songs if possible, might help things out, but understand even if you do that, you’ll still only hear the programmed 40 to 60 or so seconds of a song.
So unfortunate that Stern/Kapow really blew this license, under the suspicious name of licensing fees. Honestly, the Beatles license the craziest, cheapest and simplist items, that it’s hard to believe it cost that much for licensing. Plain and simple, this was a blatant cash grab by Stern/Kapow. From this point forward, I will look sideways at anything Kapow has to do with Stern. Stern should not tarnish their reputation with this type of partnership. It’s not like Batman 66 that uses first class video clips and IP integration from the original show in abundance. That is a good example of how the Beatles table should have been done.
The Emperor has no clothes on.

I would much rather be putting all that effort posting about a game I like...!

You are luck enough to have a place where you can play the game. We do not and are really looking forward to having a go on one soon.

#3420 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Maybe so, but the Beatles game is one I wanted to like and have it sitting right next to my Batman 66. Alas...

There has been too much negativity on Pinside about the Beatles pin, making a lot of peoples minds up before even having a go on the game. I get the game is not for everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.