(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#288 5 years ago

One thing to focus on ... Beatles catalog is deep (maybe 500 songs)? and what people want is for the pin to have a lot of it included. I’ll say the game should at least 50 songs. I don’t want 7-10 songs, I want 50-100. No need for the ability to swap in songs after release, the game should have them included. If not what is the point of a Beatles pin? As a counter point, if KaPow tells me they’ve selected 12 songs, I’ll be staying away, far away. Of all music pins, Beatles needs a catalog of music when it leaves the factory ... or else.

#302 5 years ago

$10k / $15k / $20k is the maximum these games will sell for. If Stern charges more, they will own 100% of the Beatles pins they manufacture. One thing that you are paying for is music rights. So it better include at least 50 songs and these should not be swappable. Alternatively, Stern could cut these prices by $2k -$5k and put in placeholders for 50 songs and allow user to replace all songs with their favorite Beatles jukebox.

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Fortunately I won't have to for a Premium. Still need to see it and play it first. If I was a little more wealthy and a bigger Beatles fan, I might consider the SLE or LE though. Just like BM66, it should hold its value pretty well.

Joe Kaminkow suggests a wise (and rich) man buy two Beatles pins. One to open and enjoy and one to leave in box as an "investment". I am going to be passing on this one, so you are free to acquire my allotment.

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I thought bm66sle was crazy but I figured to each their own. Supreme was a crazy small run. A reskinned seawitch for 10k for the base model is a different level of crazy. No amount of cheaply done bling features can justify that.

If you’ve spent any time reviewing company financial statements, you recall seeing the term good will. This is commonplace and it can be used to gross up assets and allow a company to build an offsetting liability. Good will can also be used as a black box to generally define all that cannot be explained. So a $10k prem might be valued as $7.5k plus $2.5k of good will or FU.

You are suggesting Stern and Kapow would like to maximize the size and impact of their FU. And I’m ok hearing that, but I choose not to participate.

#648 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

First off, Seawitch is a really good game. I also really like the additions that have been added to the layout and having a multiball is a big addition. The artwork is pretty damn ugly though and the colors are a bizzare choice.
If these things were priced like a pro I'd probably get one and I think a lot of people would buy a Beatles gold for $5500. Not for some stupid premium price though. I'm intrigued by an upgraded Seawitch for sure though.

I agree that you can’t pass judgement on a game without knowing prices (and without playing it first yourself). The price sets the level of expectation. Seawitch has a nice layout and the new magnets and spinning disk add value. With no lcd though, Stern can’t expect to sell at pro prices. Should be more like the Zizzle schedule.

Full disclosure - willing to pay $4.5k / $6k / $7.5k per model of Beatles. Anything above that is Good Will, something I’m unwilling to pay for. Pass!

#669 5 years ago

Standard pricing just went up on all future Stern pro’s. There is a new $300 line on factory invoice labeled - 4 insects extermination fee.

#675 5 years ago

Which would U pay $6k for? MBr classic edition or Beatles gold? Hahahahaha no contest. MBr is a complete game, it is a beauty and one of best pins ever designed. What if Beatles gold was $10k, which would you buy then? Hahahahahaah. Beatles will not sell!

#699 5 years ago

And where’s my 50 songs, Stern? You paid $500 per games for Beatles catalog, so you should be giving us the full gamut.

93D51464-DF99-4684-B54F-082AE8BA1C48 (resized).jpeg93D51464-DF99-4684-B54F-082AE8BA1C48 (resized).jpeg
#714 5 years ago

After $500 license fee per machine, Stern should have said thank you and we will be building machines right away. THEN Stern should have spent another $200 per machine to install a DVD player, buy a top 50 Beatles dvd and wire it thru the game’s enhanced sound system (amp and powered woofer). It’s a shame too, because this could have been a successfully resolved, win-win situation.

#816 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

The machine is built for Beatles Collectors. Not pinheads....

Does this make sense? Why not build a dvd for Beatles collectors @ $19.99 and a pinball machine for pinheads at $5k? You are implying Stern has flipped this around and are targeting Beatles fans with a pinball machine, a product which they have no connection, aren’t interested and won’t be buying. What next, Delta Airlines pinball targeted at frequent flyers?

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

If this is the Diamond version, what will the stripped Gold version look like?

Looks similar but it is uncolored and there are numbers inside each shape. Kapow provides a water coloring set and a number chart. Don’t like the colors as presented - customize yours to your liking.

#1027 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think if this turns out to be true, it's a huge game-changer on the perception and reception of this game, and you'd see PLENTY in Pinside collections and even on location.

At $3k more than they are “worth” and I am being liberal in my estimate, a few may make location, but I can’t see many going into Pinside collections. Probably a $2k/$1k Stern/Kapow profit split, this is too rich for me to subsidize.

#1033 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

have you played it? I'm going to guess no. So how do you know how much its worth?

It’s how much reskinned Seawitches with added magnets and a spinning disk go for in my area. Street level games without an lcd are often under $2k. Beatles is closer to higher valuation because it is special.

I’m confused by the old adage - pinball is not a good investment. Now I find out pinball is actually a collectible with limitless potential for profiteering. Going to have to rethink my approach to buying pins and my investment allocation in collectibles.

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Absolutely.
The best way to look at it is:
IF YOU WERE AT THE LAST BEATLES CONCERT, YOU ARE AT LEAST 73 YEARS OLD RIGHT NOW.
-
-
-
-
(Pinsiders love to argue, but let's face it, the last real Beatles concert was in 1966 - well over a half century ago)

How about if your parents brought you to see the Beatles when you were one week old in 1966? You’d be 52 and have some nice mental images.

#1316 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So - 8 songs? What are the mystery 3?

As the source material has been determined to be ready steady go recordings of 1964, all 8 songs including the extra 3 should be among the 15 listed here. I hope it includes Mr Postman, because Ringo is such a good dancer.

Oddly four songs listed on playfield are not shown on disc - drive my car, all my loving, ticket to ride, I should have known better.

86652059-D54E-42A0-B5DA-CA0EDBB38B55 (resized).png86652059-D54E-42A0-B5DA-CA0EDBB38B55 (resized).png

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

In the "Topic Poll" just up here 31 will buy the Pinball, 59 maybe will, and 397 said NO!...

How can I change my vote from NO to HELL NO!?

I am going to change how I sell games. If potential buyer shows a Beatles or BM66SLE in their collection and they are offering $1 below ask, I won’t accept. Obviously have no idea about the value of money or the stupidity in paying an insane price for a leisure toy. Will I buy the Honda Accord for the Ferrari price? Sure, I have no idea what money is.

#1719 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If rumors are true that distributors get 10 packs (7 golds, 2 platinum, and 1 diamond) for 70k, then I would be down for a gamble if 9 others are...
I propose a purchase price of $7100 each person. The Distributor gets to make a grand and does nothing but instruct the drop shipment of games.
For that $7100 each person gets a number from 1-10. We do a random number generator and the first number picked gets the diamond, the next 2 get the platinum, and the rest get gold.
Worst case you pay $7100 plus your actual shipping (or free pickup if you live in chicagoland area) and get a gold. Get lucky and you get the diamond or platinum.
Any distributors want to make an easy grand?
I bet I can find 9 other gambling people to buy that 10 pack

That’s a great idea! Find 10 people willing to buy gold edition and band together and buy a lot of 10 pins. It might take awhile to find 10 people, but you’d eventually get there. Maybe advertise on Craigslist. Chances of winning each edition -

7/10 gold (70%)
2/10 platinum (20%)
1/10 diamond (10%)

Fortunately I don’t meet the qualification of wanting to buy a gold.

3AB510DA-D9BF-42B6-B983-9189707CB90A.jpeg3AB510DA-D9BF-42B6-B983-9189707CB90A.jpeg

Plus I’m turned off by the pricing which seems like a 100% money grab over what these pins should be selling for in a competitive market place. Stern is a Goliath. All in all I am not excited about this one in the least. Meanwhile I’m poppin for a Munsters.

#1756 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I like the Gold, I think I’m taking the plunge!

Why not hold off buying that gold and join a pool of 9 others to buy a lot of 10 games? Seems like a fun and easy way to buy a game and maybe get a free model upgrade. If you are spending the money, do it wisely.

#1759 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That's from the reviewjournal article. It specifically says:
"The machines will sell for less than $10,000, Kaminkov said, declining to provide specifics."
I took that to mean "you'll be able to get one for less than 10k", meaning the cheap one would be less than 10K - not really talking about the other 2 editions. But I could be wrong.

Well if Stern sells blocks of ten games for $70k, then all are less than $10k for the initial sale. Golds have a minimum price of 7.6k and most distributors are planning to mark them within a few hundred of this number. Since distributors will be establishing resell pricing of the two top models, that is beyond KaPow’s control.

#1760 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well I’d be interested in that, do you know of 9 others that are interested? I sure as hell don’t. I like your idea though.

Start a signup list thread maybe. There are 36 people voting yes they will buy one, Shirley that may fill out the first lottery. By starting a thread to solicit names or private pm’s, you may wrangle enough domestic orders. This approach may have tax / importing complications for overseas sales. Good luck.

#1763 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Only issue I see with this is wouldn’t one of the ten need to be a distro or have a tie to a distro who would be willing to acquire the lot on behalf of the 10?

Yes that’s the step you have to figure out. One approach is talk to Stern about a direct purchase or in becoming a distributor yourself. Stern is motivated to sell you a block of games.

Another approach is to solicit a distributor to make the purchase and offer them $1k-$2k. That adds 100-200 to price for everyone. Worst case is distributor demands $6k, so that each pin would sell for $7.6k. But you’d still enjoy the 30% chance of winning a free model upgrade. Side benefits include making 9 new friends on Pinside and becoming part of Pinside folklore. If you streamed the lottery part and showed who won the upgraded pins, we’d watch and cheer from around the world.

Step one is collecting names of real buyers - those who have the money and are ready to part with it. That is simple to start with a post, but may take the most time. Since no money is changing hands until the plan is hashed out, odds are high that someone in the group can broker the buy (should you welcome the assist). Don’t worry about having all the answers or the deal unraveling, someone in your team can figure it out.

#1807 5 years ago

My spidey sense is tingling and that tells me something is up at Stern. There has been plenty of public discourse on pricing and my bet is Stern has reconsidered and will be changing their policy on Beatles from a week ago. On Tues, expect them to set MSRP on all models at 7.6k / 8.8k / 10k. This will establish price levels that are reasonable and alleviate bad feelings from price gouging, while keeping their pin under $10k, as claimed by Joe K.

Stern will still require a 10 game block purchase in order to receive 2 platinum and 1 diamond editions. Buy 10 pins for $70k and sell them for $80k. $1k per pin is good margin for a distributor, but chances of them being stuck with golds in the warehouse, collecting dust remains high. These margins seem too low for the risk of this bulk purchase model.

Continue expecting Beatles to be the same pin for all models except for artwork and trim. With all three packages being similar, why buy anything other than gold? This is a missed opportunity by Stern. There should be visible differences and upgrades to differentiate models. With four days to go, pricing details could still evolve, but Stern will define pricing and show us their final pins at reveal.

These refinements are a good idea, as they increase Stern’s chances of selling pins and eliminate unknowns for distributors. They also introduce a unique problem. Let’s say sales are luke warm and 1000 games are bulk sold to distributors. That is 100 units of 10 games - 100 diamonds plus 200 platinum plus 700 gold. It would leave unmanufactured 50 platinum plus 914 gold. If there are no more orders, there are no more made. What if all 1964 games sold in 196 full pallets plus one misc pallet of 4 games. But wait ... 196 people can’t get a diamond edition if only 100 diamonds are being made. Likewise 392 people can’t get a platinum edition if only 200 are being made, right?

The dirty little secret of this bulk buy model is that Stern only plans to make/sell 1000 pins and then call it quits. Sad that they won’t be making 1964, but that was just marketing gimmick. At 50 pins a day this might take Stern one month to run. If The games were cheaper they could have sold these out quickly and been able to make one run. Current plan may start off slowly.

Remember our pricing above? Stern will be making 1000 pins - grossing 100 pallets x $70k = $7M. On a unit basis a game may cost Stern $2.5k to manufacture plus $2.5k for engineering / procurement / support / marketing / OH & Profit = $5k per game or $5M. Licensing cost of $1M and Kaminkow fee of $1M if all goes well = $UCCE$$

#1811 5 years ago
Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

No topper on "Diamond" edition?? ..........oh come on!!

Quoted from Psw757:

Sources tell me their will be a topper whether included or accessory purchase remains to be seen.

Bobble head topper offered as accessory purchase for $899

#1818 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I work in a building full of older people, I just don't see a pin like this being of interest to them. The window for the generation that grew up with the Beatles and having that much disposable income.. has shrunk pretty hard in the last few years.
Guess we will find out when the pin is released how well the sales are. Personally I played Seawitch several months ago and it was fun, I'd rather see it re-released at some modest price point and buy that over the Beatles offering...

Interest in Beatles pinball s highly correlated to pricing. See my edited post above for the economics but all things aside, if Stern announced golds were $5k and platinum $7.5k and diamond $10k, they would have sold out 1964 pins much faster than with the current pricing model where gold starts at $7.6k. That is too damn much! I don’t think Stern likes that model anyways. Much better to have a higher MSRP and only make 1000. but worse for buyers!!

#1927 5 years ago

Beatles were big in 80’s with me and friends. We never went to their concerts, but their music was constantly on the radio and was everywhere, and we loved it. So I am interested in the Beatles theme. But the old Beatles show theme was before my time and offers no hook. I woulda liked a sgt peppers pinball with ramps and subways and magnets and cool stuff and awesomely good sound.

Can’t wait til tomorrow when we learn Stern’s pricing, model differences and availability.

#1935 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Beatles show at the Mirage is AWESOME!

^^ this is the kind of enthusiasm that should have come from us after seeing the Beatles pin. Instead interest from Pinsiders has fluctuated from ice cold to luke warm. Something must be off.

#2125 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Some real-life pics to better capture what it looks like. Looks damn good to me[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No doubt it looks good, but the art style is dripping in sugar - Beatles glam! While everybody I know prefers relaxed, hippie Beatles who were all about love. Issue one raised by everybody - price is too damn high! Issue two - 9 song segments are not Beatles music.

I have a beef with the spinning disc. It looks great but doesn't perform a function. Set in front of drop targets, it does not stop or deflect the ball. It doesn't speed up with additional strikes. It should be repurposed to spin 33 1/3 rpm whenever a 2x multiplier is earned, 45 rpm when 3x and 78 rpm when 4x. At least it would have a visual purpose. If the magnet in center of disc catches and holds ball as a physical ball lock, that is cool. It would work well with the disc spinning at one of the three suggested speeds to launch the ball afterwards.

#2131 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

But, but...this game isnt for Pinside!! Stern said so

Not for Pinside and supposedly not for other pinball enthusiast either.. That leaves first time buyers who are unaware of pinball and Beatles fans. True to strategy, Stern released info on facebook, not directly on Pinside and they are not maintaining an official presence here. So why did Stern use their existing distributor model to sell their pins if the pins weren't for pinball fans? Quite puzzling

#2135 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

http://www.pinballs.com
https://gameexchange.biz/products/beatles-beatlemania-pinball
https://www.gameroomguys.com/games/pinball?game-model=The-Beatles
Seems like $7999 is Gold price as all these guys have it all listed as this.
As for other editions.... how much do you wish to pay sir??

Sgt Pepper's - Lucy in the sky with diamonds. This diamond is priced so high, once sold you can afford to throw the other 9 pinball machines away.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2159 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It will probably be completely sold out before it matters
The local distro sold 2 ten packs out completely

Well what did he sell the platinum & diamonds for?

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just curious, what would a fully restored, museum quality Seawitch go for these days?

45k dirham

#2418 5 years ago

There have been a lot of complaints about the artwork on Beatles pinball being the only difference between models, yet pricing between models is unjustified. There was another Stern pin where art was the biggest difference - and it was another KaPow title - BM66. Prem, LE and SLE played the same, but had different artwork. The LE/SLE buyer’s got a nice topper, bat signal and trading card too. But there was a huge jump between a Prem at $7.5k and the SLE model at $15k. There wasn’t as much backlash as today.

In the case of Beatles, we see the same game with 3 models ranging from $7.6k up to $25-$35k and with no shiny SLE artwork, no topper, no trading card and no Adam West personalized greeting. Man, the Beatles Platinum and Diamond pins suck more than the Gold edition.

#2497 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

BREAKING NEWS: RCT is not sold out, because I know of a distributor that has one up on a rack in his warehouse.
Fact.

So RCT was lent to distributor consignment? I can only guess Stern was paid in full for this game 16 years ago. NOTE - RCT run was officially SOLD OUT!

#2602 5 years ago

Just found this thread and am too lazy to read it. I like that the spinning record is lit from below and shines around the edges and that reminds me some of Trons recognizer. I don’t like that record is spinning all the time. I have $4.5k set aside, which distributor wants to sell me a BeatlesWitch pinball?

#2642 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's the thing Vino, Beatles sounds nothing like Maiden and I agree, the novelty factor might wear off quick on this one BUT, the pin is a novelty itself and might actually bring in some family members to play this F ing thing. I have nothing else that works.
Either way, Munsters will fit nicely as well!

I hope Munsters is targeted and priced for pinball fans instead of just monster lovers. I understand enthusiasm for playing a Beatles pin, but hearing it called a 10 out of 10, or finding out someone traded an Iron Maiden pin for one is lunacy.

#2695 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I know this is a Beatles thread, but I will say just 2 things about Maiden.
I think there is actually lots of humour in it. The call outs are actually some of the funniest in modern pinball.
As far as the music... no argument. I got bored of the Maiden very quickly.
Mine now plays Tom Petty, The Who, Queen, Bowie, Danny Michel, Rush etc etc.
It’s DEAD easy to replace music with Pinball Browser. My MET plays Kendrick Lamar, Nikki Manaj, Migos etc etc.
That program is one step away from drag and drop. I simply don’t get this complaint.
Back to Beatles.
Pin looks great. Looks really fun. Looks better than initial images. Value assessment is bizarre.
Have we learned anything?! Probably not.

Has spike2 been cracked? Wondering about possibility of swapping in some of Beatles later tunes for current mix in Beatles pin. Would also be handy for those Beatles fans wanting some variety. This option might also be impacted given short, irregular song lengths already announced.

#2716 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I believe Joe K confirmed that they're as long as they need to be for the mode they're designed for. So some are 45 second clips and others are closer to two minutes.

Is that the same Joe K who claimed the Beatles pinball was going to be reasonably priced? FAIL!

Quoted from cottonm4:

Interesting. I did add 8 to that cart and was told 7 is maximum.
For the inflated price of $10,000.00 is it possible Stern is just peeling off more Golds to make an extra killing on the unsuspecting?

Only reasons I can think of for a man to wanna buy 8 Beatles golds is that you either wanted to shut iceman up or you clearly love gold both are fine with me.

#2723 5 years ago

So Beatlemania pinball is “supposedly” a throwback to 1964 and what the pin would have looked like. In spite of using a cabinet in the style of a modern pin and an lcd, which was not commercially viable. At least the game uses score reels and the backglass is authentic, right? Well there are no score wheels, but it looks like them somehow and the number of digits has been expanded to infinity. See list of 1964 pins and highest produced backglasses.

0A3D4753-6CD7-49E9-8BBD-7228F9FF2FDD (resized).png0A3D4753-6CD7-49E9-8BBD-7228F9FF2FDD (resized).png2AB4BE89-4FFA-4B34-A15D-975F67725811 (resized).png2AB4BE89-4FFA-4B34-A15D-975F67725811 (resized).png60D90F96-7240-4542-A6EC-C3CA0425BB2F (resized).png60D90F96-7240-4542-A6EC-C3CA0425BB2F (resized).png66DA852C-9929-4CD2-803B-B834B9B50F17 (resized).png66DA852C-9929-4CD2-803B-B834B9B50F17 (resized).png
#2770 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Btw, Stern got one more Gold sale from one of my buddies

13. Sell Beatles for $5-6K to fund next game? After mas Cerveza!!!

I'd insert two in front of 13:

13 Critique game
14 Analyze code and bugs
15 Sell Beatles for $5-6K to fund next game? After mas Cerveza!!!
16 Critique game more
17 Analyze code and bugs more
17 Threaten to withhold future purchases until Stern fixes this sh*t!
18 Request code changes
19 Lose interest and stop following thread
20 (New code drops) Analyze code and bugs
21 (New game announced) Buy new Stern!

#2827 5 years ago

The price of most pro pinball machines drops $1k after a year, if it is not currently a hot title and ignoring the added mods. So a $7.6k game might be selling as low as $6.6k. Not all sales will be that low, but many will. If the title is still hot and if Stern doesn’t have any available, price of huo 1 year old game will be selling closer to original amount.

In the case of Beatles, most who expressed interest said they would buy a gold between $5k - $6k. So the resale value on golds may need to dip to $6k to guarantee a resale, and the first owner takes the first hit. A second group of Owners will be buying and establishing a new price level for the game. Now, if the game play holds up, the value dropping stops. But if the pin is only mediocre, the game may head downward another $1.5k to around $4.5k, as the second level buyers experience the second hit to their wallet.

The third level of buyers steps in at the new price level and this establishes a resale value.Would I be in that third wave of buyers? The bigger question is how long would that take .... probably five years. However, Beatles golds could just as likely be selling at the original price or even higher in five years, but it probably won’t get to the level I want in less time. So for now I’ll enjoy playing Beatles, wherever I find one. No need to worry about the cost or the depreciation, instead I’ll focus on the song list and whether they can be swapped out in pinbrowser. I’ll add - playing a diamond Beatles pin - to my bucket list...... not happening.

#2830 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Come on Jeff! $4,500? This isn’t Rob Zombie.

I can’t be taking risks anymore

#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Show me all these $4400 TWD's, GOTG's and GOT's please. They only get that low if they have been driven like they were stolen on route somewhere.

There have been quite a few sales of those games in the $4.4k to $4.8k range, just this year. Not every sale but many. Not always next door, so you may need to drive a distance or pay to ship.

You chose two hot titles - TWD and GOT and one warm title - GOTG, so they won’t reach all the way down to the literal $1k drop. See pics.

When they come up you need the fortitude to pull the trigger. Don’t ask a bunch of extraneous question or try to get the price $100 lower. Heck, you can buy huo of 90%+ of the top 100 titles for under $5k if you are paying attention. You can likewise get 90%+ of the top 200 also.

0608F779-A75D-47C5-9BB9-D6B94DC1409B (resized).jpeg0608F779-A75D-47C5-9BB9-D6B94DC1409B (resized).jpeg28954851-1213-48A4-A1B0-6E97277813C1 (resized).png28954851-1213-48A4-A1B0-6E97277813C1 (resized).png3023B79F-0C40-47DC-BD0C-06F8B14CEFF8 (resized).png3023B79F-0C40-47DC-BD0C-06F8B14CEFF8 (resized).png543BBA03-2564-4EFD-9A07-15114795A9D6 (resized).png543BBA03-2564-4EFD-9A07-15114795A9D6 (resized).png5575BFF2-15B0-4B88-B87C-1CABE94E5D96 (resized).png5575BFF2-15B0-4B88-B87C-1CABE94E5D96 (resized).pngBAA31474-151E-4EE0-8D3D-4DFDD35D98C3 (resized).pngBAA31474-151E-4EE0-8D3D-4DFDD35D98C3 (resized).pngCE3982CB-3B6C-420E-8C31-139CC8D7B059 (resized).pngCE3982CB-3B6C-420E-8C31-139CC8D7B059 (resized).pngE7B96AD0-73B2-44EF-B433-1CF6BF23568A (resized).pngE7B96AD0-73B2-44EF-B433-1CF6BF23568A (resized).png57AEADB6-516E-4D28-80A4-82D212F239FD (resized).png57AEADB6-516E-4D28-80A4-82D212F239FD (resized).png717166EE-637B-4E2C-B43C-94F6D47C5636 (resized).png717166EE-637B-4E2C-B43C-94F6D47C5636 (resized).png32EEE893-F899-4F41-9B53-5D57FDCEA696 (resized).png32EEE893-F899-4F41-9B53-5D57FDCEA696 (resized).pngACE44B86-DFDE-43B1-8F45-805B5F230412 (resized).pngACE44B86-DFDE-43B1-8F45-805B5F230412 (resized).pngB281CBE1-A1AF-42AC-A1A4-63E4E385E069 (resized).pngB281CBE1-A1AF-42AC-A1A4-63E4E385E069 (resized).pngA7A79E90-19CE-448B-9882-E1B3EB94FE1B (resized).pngA7A79E90-19CE-448B-9882-E1B3EB94FE1B (resized).png9811562B-2E7E-4AD6-8DFE-432CEE359C57 (resized).png9811562B-2E7E-4AD6-8DFE-432CEE359C57 (resized).pngC86187FF-A66D-424B-A3F4-539608C6235F (resized).pngC86187FF-A66D-424B-A3F4-539608C6235F (resized).png80E4F81F-47F4-45B8-9C48-8CD266D6650F (resized).png80E4F81F-47F4-45B8-9C48-8CD266D6650F (resized).png5F7854DC-9759-4DEB-99C6-8BFEEA907888 (resized).png5F7854DC-9759-4DEB-99C6-8BFEEA907888 (resized).png945F4FE3-7462-4EB3-B683-27A3DFC3234F (resized).png945F4FE3-7462-4EB3-B683-27A3DFC3234F (resized).png62965FDB-BA14-4F42-87F2-1D1C3A96B7F9 (resized).png62965FDB-BA14-4F42-87F2-1D1C3A96B7F9 (resized).png58291FA3-3E35-499E-99E6-C008495E29E2 (resized).png58291FA3-3E35-499E-99E6-C008495E29E2 (resized).png3E8FA28C-C019-4979-A3DC-5FAA65874F6F (resized).png3E8FA28C-C019-4979-A3DC-5FAA65874F6F (resized).png42846CE2-7D55-437D-9FDC-755F71BC04D9 (resized).png42846CE2-7D55-437D-9FDC-755F71BC04D9 (resized).png3C400650-D078-45BE-8958-9EA5F253F461 (resized).png3C400650-D078-45BE-8958-9EA5F253F461 (resized).png23D8351C-3138-452C-A19E-715B6C96659A (resized).png23D8351C-3138-452C-A19E-715B6C96659A (resized).png

#2854 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddict78:

I bought the game yesterday. Have been playing it all morning. The Beatles are one of my favorite bands and after playing this at IAAPA I went ahead and picked this up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First I’ve noticed the score display, sweet! Wonder what happens when you roll it over at 99,999,999? Might take you a few weeks to get there.

#2880 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has Kapow’s web site been updated yet?!?!
When is stern going to address heightgate?!?!?!

Biggest Beatles pricing scandal has gone largely unnoticed - metalsgate. Stern is upside down on platinum prices, with no plans to hedge bets or correct course. Should they have named the basic Beatles pin platinum since it is worth so little, followed by gold and then diamond? Did Stern check commodity prices before calculating the bill of materials or deciding on a naming convention? Gold is expected to continue to be worth 50% more than platinum for the foreseeable future, so should Distributors be lowering the price of Beatles platinums to less than golds, based on the value of underlying metals used? Distributors set pricing and if they were to adjust platinums to $5k, the market would be in equilibrium. Any platinum owners here feel enraged by this sham?

375A06D9-750C-4165-9918-FEC3289F7DD9 (resized).jpeg375A06D9-750C-4165-9918-FEC3289F7DD9 (resized).jpeg415A60FD-FF8E-4952-9D7A-B771C965E2E8 (resized).jpeg415A60FD-FF8E-4952-9D7A-B771C965E2E8 (resized).jpeg

edit - it also appears this release may have been downsized 10% from a modern pinball machine. Not quite a Safe Cracker footprint, but definitely not Star Wars shoe size either. This was difficult to determine, as packaging lists serving size as 1 pinball machine.
6AB5CB8D-A06C-4854-A6AC-DC1CB2AB9A98.gif6AB5CB8D-A06C-4854-A6AC-DC1CB2AB9A98.gif

#2935 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Stern made them shorter on purpose because Ringo is only 5 foot, 2 inches and Paul is 5’4.

Could always buy two pairs of these and put one under each leg. Problem solved. Two inches should be just enough.

Buy 2.75 if you want your Beatles to look down it’s nose at B/W and Stern pinballs. Barely enough to notice, but enough.

3.54 inches should only be ordered by those looking for extreme pinballin experience. May be illegal in tournaments.
B1B5828D-3B17-45BB-8B75-3705BAD80ECD (resized).pngB1B5828D-3B17-45BB-8B75-3705BAD80ECD (resized).png

#2944 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

At home for Thanksgiving. Showed my mom the Beatles pin (she's a super fan) She thought it looked great. Said if people didn't understand the colors it's because they don't remember that era.
Just a data point for ya'll.

Weren’t you going to buy one for her at one point? Does she live in a house or apartment with space?

#2958 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Is 100 "limited"?!
[quoted image]

Primus pinball
Limited - yes, 100
Rare - yes, 100 made
Valuable - tbd ???

Let’s say Team Pinball announces it will make 100 limited edition Mafia pins. They get orders for and make 20 games and stop because there is no more demand.

Mafia pinball
Limited - no, announced 100 but demand was not there
Rare - yes, 20 made
Valuable - no!

#3001 5 years ago

Based on your hypothetical numbers and both games being in pristine shape it is more like a tie...

Beatles - purchase for $8k and sell in two years for $6k ... it costs you $2k.

Seawitch - purchase & restore for $3k and sell in two years for $2k ... it costs you $1k.

So what about earnings with Beatles at $1 and Seawitch at 50 cents? Lets assume 50 plays per week, so the annual revenue generated is $2.5k or $1.25k.

Beatles makes you -$2k + $2.5k = $.5k
Seawitch makes you -$1k + $1.25k = .25k

both are break even. Of course the big assumption is that both would be played only 50 times per week. If you location saw this little traffic, you'd be out of business.

#3004 5 years ago

I'd think these numbers are better to use since this is just an exercise.

Quoted from ASOA:

We operate completely different types of locations. I'm glad it works for you but in my venues it could not be further from the truth. My pins earn 150-800 per week.

Quoted from Whysnow:

no, your faulty assumption is the resale on Seawitch. That is going up in price over time. It is a used game and already took the depreciation hit 2 decades ago.
Worst case you are selling it for the same as you paid.

Beatles makes you -$2k depreciation + $20k earnings ($200/wk) = $18k
Seawitch makes you -$0k depreciation (resell for same amount) + $10k earnings = 11k

ding ding ding we have a winner - Beatles by a country kilometer!

#3015 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Let's take a break from the hypotheticals for some actual hot-off-the-presses news!
The Beatles store FINALLY sold another Gold. That's 1 sale in the last 3 weeks from the biggest Beatles fan store in the world! Beatle...mania this is not.

8F33647F-242B-4F29-80C7-63C1307DBAAE.gif8F33647F-242B-4F29-80C7-63C1307DBAAE.gif
1 week later
#3333 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

played beatles today at rock fantasy. right behind it is seawitch. amazing how they are almost the exact same game except for a few features. i put in 2 bucks for 3 credits, got a free game in between. had some fun but not 7500 worth of fun. thats the problem, i can do alot of great things with 7500. btw i hated the spinning record, it just screwed up my game i guess it was put there to shorten ball times. get the seawitch for 2500 and even blow the other 5k on cocaine and i would say job well done.

Trending down ... cocaine prices. Shoulda give Ricky a call.

3 weeks later
#3429 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It has been approved and "ready to be released"

Was it ever approved by the guy on Stern’s Facebook who has been “patiently” waiting? Lord, I hope so. If not they’ll have to face his wrath.

1 month later
#3631 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's really interesting...I've owned a lot of games over the years and the GB license/game does nothing for me.
I don't know if you are aware, but back in 2004, Sharper Image had Stern titles (like LOTR, TSPP) on display in many of their flagship stores. That's actually how I got into collecting 15 years ago. If Sharper Image and this partnership still existed, I'm convinced they would move a lot of Beatles.
Pinball retailers are "preaching to the converted". A title catering to Beatles fans needs to be seen outside traditional retailers. If "record stores" still existed, that would be ideal. I'm convinced some out-of-the-box marketing could result in moving more games. I know it's marketed on a Beatles website, but it's unclear if a website is as impactful as seeing the game up close (like I saw LOTR in Sharper Image in 2004).

Sharper Image was still going strong with pinball machines in their showrooms in 2006. One week before any operators or locations received POTC, Sharper image had one each in their Atlanta stores. First ones I’d seen, beautiful and set to 50 cent plays. You could buy the very machine you were putting your grubby paws on for something like $8k. (no thanks, assholes, a Stern distributor could deliver one to me for $4k after the initial surge). I put a lot of quarters into that game and it brought much excitement. I was able to rule out buying one for my growing collection. A month later they were found everywhere so it was easy to get your fill. Fast forward and the first JJPOTC are coming off the line. Is it a bit spooky, odd perhaps, to be at the same intersection exactly 13 years later? Happy with JJPOTC btw

2 months later
#3705 4 years ago

$6,800 may be a deal but not a good one. Now if you’d said they could be found for $5k, my ears would have perked up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethesda, MD
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.