(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesdeloris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3235 5 years ago

Received my Gold Edition today. Very nice. Music sounds good - very clear. Nine songs from the 1964/65 era. Ball moves a little faster than I was expecting (level is 6.5). If you are not a strong Beatles fan this game may not be for you.

#3270 5 years ago

I received my Gold Edition last Friday. The wife and I love it. This report is mainly for The Beatles fans . I am a member of a "closed" facebook group called "The Beatles Universe" for hard core Beatles fans across the U. S, Europe, Australia, etc. (of course anyone can join). This page is filled daily with Beatles stuff from members. Anyway, on Saturday I posted a picture of myself standing next to my new pinball machine. I was expecting maybe a couple dozen "likes" and five or six "comments". As of tonight I have received "568 likes" and "64 comments" from fans as far away as Australia. All of them favorable (except one guy who indicated he would rather spend his money on something else).

#3379 5 years ago

Well all I can tell you is that we received our Gold Model a week ago and love it. The wife has stopped playing her former favorite pins, Ghostbusters Pro and AC/DC Pro. We had a Metallica Pro for a couple of years and sold it - The Beatles is much more fun to play. In my opinion it is well worth the cost but then again I am a hard core Beatles fan.

4 weeks later
#3439 5 years ago

We received our Gold Model in early December and love it. I can't get the wife away from it. Because of the price I really did not want to spend any more money on mods. However, I took a chance and ordered the "Gold Leaf Shooter Rod" (Medium 2") from Mezel Mods. I couldn't be happier. The "gold leaf" on the ball absolutely matches the gold trim on the machine. It looks like it came from Stern that way.

#3455 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I might be your buyer at 7k

As a proud owner of a Beatles Gold I must say that I will be surprised if very many of these come up for sale in the coming months and years. I have bought and sold a lot of pins in the past several years but I do believe this one is a keeper.

#3479 5 years ago

People keep talking about The Beatles Gold costing $8,000. I bought mine in early December for $7,800. I assume with a little checking around one can be had for around $7,600. By the way we love it.

#3503 5 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I thought it did 90 Seconds of each song? Am I wrong?
JJ

No the songs are on 30 second timers I believe.

3 weeks later
#3547 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

My Beatles has arrived and it’s gorgeous
Very pleased with it, huge flippin weekend a coming [quoted image]

We received our Gold in early December. I agree with you! It's a beautiful machine. Well worth the money. Love playing it.

#3565 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont know much... but I do know that Beatles sales are abysmally bad!
I am not sure why that seems to be so hard for some to grasp when the evidence is overwhelming and obvious?
Hell, even conversation of the game is all but dead on Pinside and has been aside from price discussion for the past 2 months.
People need to stop defending the game because they so obviously want it to be a collectible or not lose value. It will eventually settle at Pro pricing or slightly above (where it should have been priced form D1)

I am an owner of a Gold and I love it. What I would really like is for your "conversation of the game" to be "dead on Pinside". For God's sake you have made your feelings VERY WELL known. We all know how you feel. Would you please move on to another subject.

#3571 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Here's my history if you're really that curious. Bought my first game in 2000 from eBay (a mint TZ for $1500). Sold it and didn't care again until 2010. Since then, I've had many games, including another TZ and The Shadow twice. I have one at a time or two at the most, so I don't really maintain a "collection". Critique away. If The Beatles was so fantastic, you wouldn't be so defensive. And to add one thing to my post that you hated so much, they couldn't even get the era right. Even John was embarrassed to have ever been a mop top.
COLLECTION HISTORY
Sort by: » Date added » Game name
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Johnny Mnemonic
Williams, 1995
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Earthshaker
Williams, 1989
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Twilight Zone
Bally, 1993
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Twilight Zone
Bally, 1993
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard
Data East, 1994
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Revenge From Mars
Bally, 1999
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
No Good Gofers
Williams, 1997
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Stargate
Gottlieb, 1995
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Batman (The Dark Knight)
Stern, 2008
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Shadow, The
Bally, 1994
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
The Rolling Stones
Stern, 2011
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Pirates of the Caribbean
Stern, 2006
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
The Avengers (Premium/LE)
Stern, 2012
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Congo
Williams, 1995
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Corvette
Bally, 1994
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Spider-Man
Stern, 2007
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Junk Yard
Williams, 1996
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
AC/DC (Pro)
Stern, 2012
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Last Action Hero
Data East, 1993
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Stern, 2010
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Who Dunnit
Bally, 1995
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Twister
Sega, 1996
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Williams, 1993
??? ???
» Remove from history
» Purchase details
Shadow, The
Bally, 1994
??? ??

Good God, would you please move on to another subject. You feel that "The Beatles" is over priced. OK, we all get it. Enough already. I have a Gold and I do not feel cheated, however, if you will just shut up about it I will gladly agree that you are the wise one and I made a terrible mistake in buying it.

#3595 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Is it in the realm of possibility that in the near future we see a “ Sgt Peppers” version with all of the modern day ramps, habitrails etc? Or was this their one shot at the Beatles license?

If Stern does come out with a more up-dated (music wise) version of "The Beatles" then I will probably buy it. I'm sure there will be thousands of words bitching about it being over priced.

#3602 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm doing some maintenance and thought I'd snap a photo of IMDN Premium $7,599 (MSRP), Beatles Gold $7,999 (MSRP), and Munsters Premium $5,999 (MSRP) "under the hood".
Beatles retro ramp-free design caused many folks to complain it was stark and should be priced more like a Pro.
These photos show the naysayers that Beatles is outfitted much like a Premium, *not* a Pro. Beatles is priced $400 more than IMDN Premium and you get gorgeous power-coated legs/armor, side-art blades, "Vox" speaker trim, sweet emblem on the apron (much nicer than the cheap-o emblem on the backbox). Oh yeah, you also get lots of Beatles footage/assets from the time period...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW! As a proud owner of a The Beatles Gold this excellent "under the hood" picture might be very useful someday. Thanks.

#3609 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Jay Cee Almighty, Hilton. I'm not selling shit. I couldn't care less of sales of other pins are, or are not.
I'm just making the observation that The Beatles is selling. Contrary to some who have been waving the "over priced it will never sell" flag, this pin is not listening to that brand of shit. It is selling.

I received my Gold in early December and am very happy with it. It seems to me that some people that are doing a lot of posting (not all but several) are unable to afford the game (for whatever reason) and therefore hate it and want to trash it as much as possible.

#3613 5 years ago

Wouldn't it be nice if Stern would just release the number of The Beatles sold (obviously they won't). Doesn't everyone who buys a new pin register it with Stern. Don't they have the actual number sold to customers?

#3640 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Is there a rule sheet available for this game? I've been playing it a few times a week and I'm starting to get the rules down better, but I'd love to see it all laid out on a rule sheet.
This is such a fun game!!!

You might look on page 72 (#3596). Some of the rules are explained pretty good.

#3657 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

So, it is the price that has you all bent out of shape?
I picked up a tidbit of speculative info. on another post. This is CPR play fields talking.
Here is the link. The relevant post is post #53
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-playfield-preorders-are-meaningless/page/2
In the last paragraph, CPR is talking about royalties and license fees as part of the cost of making and selling repro play fields.
RE: " In some cases royalties and licensing alone can cost as high as 25% of the full retail value of the PF."
Obviously, I have no idea of what Stern had to pay The Beatles for the privilege to make The Beatles pinball machine. Considering the amount of time it took Apple Computer to get The Beatles songs on iTunes, plus the fact that The Beatles got hosed by their record companies (like most bands), and that Stern needed The Beatles more than The Beatles need Stern ( I doubt that Ringo and Paul were just jumping at the chance to be on a pinball machine), I'm guessing Stern has had to pony up in the 25% range; If you have another percentage, bring it.
Using 25% as constant, $6300.00 + $1575.00 (25%)= $7875.00. So, Stern does all of the work. Makes the design. Takes all the risk to produced this pin. The distros take all the risk to inventory and sell this pin. And The Beatles Store just sits back and collect royalty checks. For those of you who have called Stern greedy, what is your take on The Beatles Store? Is The Store singing "All you need is Love" like they are a bunch of hippies? Or is The Store singing "Money, that's what I want"?
Stern could have told The Beatles to take a hike, and just done a remake of Seawitch. There would be no music but the pin would still play like The Beatles with all of the 21 Century upgrades. And nobody here would even be interested in a $6300.00 Seawitch.
I just think people should think twice before they start shouting that Stern is trying to bend everybody over.

I completely agree with you. I also believe that your figures are very accurate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesdeloris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread?tu=jamesdeloris and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.