(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Any speculation on designer, coder or artist?

Pretty sure it was posted a while back Lonnie is on code.

Quoted from ASOA:

Christopher franchi is on art.

Really? Back to back titles with Munsters and Beatles? Has this been confirmed?

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Designer: Gomez (mostly), Kaminkow (next to nothing)
Artist: Franchi
Coder: ???
And yes that's all more or less confirmed.
Edit: 666 Forum posts!!! - MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hasn’t it been confirmed Lonnie is on code? It’s been posted a few times by the usual reliable sources here on pinside.

#138 5 years ago

mnpinball is more often than not on the money when it comes to credible info.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Also posted by many reliable sources Lonnie was shitcanned long ago so whom knows.

Gomez seemed to credit/praise Lonnie for the huge Aerosmith update that recently dropped. As well as on Mike (I think) crediting Lonnie for Guardians on one of the most recent GOTG deadflip streams, so indeed who knows?

1 week later
#144 5 years ago

According to mnpinball its a reskin of the classic Stern - Seawtch.

BF91863D-E1DB-45EA-ADF2-CB5956CEA26C (resized).pngBF91863D-E1DB-45EA-ADF2-CB5956CEA26C (resized).png

1 week later
#292 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think Kapow had a lot to do with the way B66 was launched, especially when you hear the way Kaminkow talks. If Beetles is Kapow also (im not sure it is, I think he just helped get the licence) then i'm guessing it will be the same story.

Kaminkow said on a recent podcast (I forget which one now) that he helped Stern secure a licence which will be one of their cornerstone titles and the other will be the next Kapow title.

I had taken his comment that Munsters might be the one he helped with and Beatles was the Kapow. If it’s nots Munsters I would love to know what the second licence is.

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Considering BM66 SLE owners still do not have their custom callouts 2 years later, when it was a selling feature of the machine...i'd venture anyone who buys another SLE priced machine from them is an absolute fool.

I feel think Stern is overestimating the market for a Beatles machine, as well as how much someone in the non-pinball world is willing to pay for one. They may sell a few SLE or higher priced versions, but I do not think they will sell out. I think this title has a better chance of turning into a WWE part II than it does turning into Iron Maiden or Metallica with respect to sales.

I’m not a SLE owner but I am an LE owner and I’m the first to admit the launch of the game and the first 12 months where a f’in disaster! To the point I could have easily washed my hands of Stern.

But now Lyman has spent the last 12 months pumping out code, I am genuinely a very happy LE owner and the games probably my favourite in my collection.

Lyman single handily saved Sterns plans for the SLE model and their hopes of releasing another SLE, without him Sterns SLE model would be DOA!

1 week later
#855 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Would've been cool if the record had three spinning discs.

Anyone know if this is the same mech from X-Men Prem/LE?

#1495 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

this is the best I could come up with
http://captiongenerator.com/1152442/Beatles-Pinball-
[quoted image]

The “don’t cry Lyman saved the day” genuinely cracked me up

#1498 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Actually stern makes the exact same amount for each Beatles pin no matter the trim level. It's the distros that get to cash in for once.

Have you heard that from Stern or a distro jgentry ?

#1880 5 years ago

Anyone got any idea if the spinning disc in Beatles is the same mech as in X-Men?

#1889 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Need replacement parts?

Just curious as the magnet in X-Men was pretty cool, might add some nice gameplay to this pin.

#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I'm not mad at all, just being sarcastic.

It was pretty obvious you where being tongue in cheek

But $100,000 for Everest? I gotto ask is that figure real? I have been quoted about £15/20k ($20/25k usd) and it’s seriously on my bucket list but at $100k I’ll be walking just to get there

#2694 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, I see a PRO with over 1600 games made (a lot for most Sterns) but at LE price point.
I think 6500 is a likely drop point on the secondary market IF they really sell all 1600 golds. I personally still think there is a distinct possibility that they will only build 700 golds and the second run does not happen or happens in a small number to just meet distributor demand.

People said the same about KaPows first title BM66 upon its reveal and release, reality is you can’t pick up an LE or SLE now for less than the cost of it NIB, in most cases LEs and SLEs that have been put up for sale have sold for more than there original NIB cost.

No way Beatles drops much if at all, unless people hate it which doesn’t appear to be the case now people are playing one.

#2745 5 years ago

Question for anyone who has actually played Beatles.

Does the spinning record mech appear to be the same mech as in Xmen? No way I’m going to get to play one before buying but I’m pretty tempted by this.

#2896 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I got these.
I'll put red LEDs in their eyes and wire them to the pop bumpers. [quoted image]

There’s people that would do this and sell it as a mod for $100+, that’s the worrying thing.

#2924 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Doesn’t the machine need to sit a little lower to play flatter more like a machine from that era?
If that is what’s happening here, what’s the problem with this?
I always thought TNA looks odd next to other modern machines.

I kind of thought that was the whole idea as well.

Gives it that old school look sitting a little lower and flatter, looks great imo!

#2938 5 years ago

Much better promo compared to the first promo video released. Disc looks cool and those orbit shots and loops look Steve Richie smooth!

Also more than helps to make a game look good by putting Keith in front of the flippers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

10,282 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.