(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1817 5 years ago

I work in a building full of older people, I just don't see a pin like this being of interest to them. The window for the generation that grew up with the Beatles and having that much disposable income.. has shrunk pretty hard in the last few years.

Guess we will find out when the pin is released how well the sales are. Personally I played Seawitch several months ago and it was fun, I'd rather see it re-released at some modest price point and buy that over the Beatles offering...

#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I sort of think like you do but the problem is that if Stern issued a pin at some modest price point then we would continue to expect it for the next one. And the next one and..............

I would not expect that for the simple reason Seawitch is by modern standards a simple pin hence no fancy gizmos, ramps, toys, lcd display etc.

Hell, they don't even have to pay for a license. Most of the hardware is off the shelf stuff.

I'm sure it would be easy to program in some new modes and you could switch back and forth between the "classic programming" and the new stuff.

#1863 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

For a lot of people having no interest in this pin....this thread is poppin'!

Wrecks always draw a crowd.

#1870 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Listened with an open mind. Nothing changed for me...

"Approved by Yoko" did I hear that correct? I also thought I heard the term "affordable" which was interesting, it what way? Also the odd comment about no multiball but you include magnets, both of which had been done before 1964 but were not common at that time of course.

I'm coming around to the thought that this title isn't for Pinside members or the typical pinball machine owner for that matter. Clearly someone thought they could make a few bucks off the rabid but declining Beatles fan base (while investing as little as possible in the hardware) and I wish them all the best luck in this endeavor.

#1888 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Like always, about 1/2 of Stern's production goes overseas, so does anyone doubt that 1000 of these games won't be sold in the States in a few weeks?

Question- How popular is The Beatles overseas? I'd imagine some markets would have close to zero interest. Star Wars might have fairly equal appeal world wide for one example but The Beatles might only be a seller in the US and UK. And I'm guessing about the UK.

Where are the fans located is the million dollar question.

#1902 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

World.
The Beatles were the first western Band to play at the Japanese Budokan.

And that was how many decades ago?

I asked how popular were they now. Today.

As in potential buyers today willing to pony up the cash for a Beatles pin.

#1903 5 years ago

Sorry for the multi-posts, they initially did not display.

#1905 5 years ago

Based on crowd pictures perhaps Stern should do a Bay City Rollers pin next.

100_4174 (resized).jpg100_4174 (resized).jpg
#1908 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If Stern is hoping for international sales, I'd be more worried about how popular pinball is worldwide than how popular the Beatles are worldwide. The Beatles have pinball safely beat by many orders of magnitude. And of the ten or so countries most represented on Pinside, all of them have large contingents of graying (whitening?) Beatles fans. Whether or not many of those legions of fans would buy a pinball machine is another question.

Thank you

#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

McCartneys web site shows past tour dates of 2016-17, where he played multi-nights at arenas in cities in New Zealand, Australia, Europe, Japan, North America and South America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_on_One_(tour)

Lets go back to my original question- How popular is The Beatles outside of the US and UK?

44 play dates in the US, 27 outside the US and didn't play in the UK at all for this tour.

The only venue multi-night arena was Japan (4 nights, the winner at one location) The United States, Melbourne, Sydney, Argentina and Canada.

New York City area had eight at 4 locations within a stones throw of each other.

#1932 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has it really come to this? Someone trying to convince us “the Beatles aren’t popular?”
Holy Christ. Tomorrow can’t come soon enough!

Try and keep it in perspective.

Kanye West in just 2016 had 60 tour dates compared to Paul (2016-2017) and was cut short due to medical issues.

Coldplay had 122 massive concerts 2016-2017

Is there enough Beatles fans who are also pinball fans and willing to pop 7.5k to 10k for a pin.

It is a simple question.

The Beatles WERE popular. Are they still popular enough to move 1964 pins at those prices is the question.

Hell my first album was Stg. Pepper; doesn't mean I'm jonesing to buy.

As I already have stated, I wish Stern luck in this endeavor.

#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Beatles were big in 80’s with me and friends. We never went to their concerts, but their music was constantly on the radio and was everywhere, and we loved it.

Local station use to have Breakfast with the Beatles every weekend, it went off the air around here at least 20 years ago and we are a stones throw from NYC.

And yes a Yellow Submarine theme pin would have been cooler, my kids will never forgive me for having them watch it.

#1942 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You can ask that question with about any license, like... with Munsters. A b/w TV Show that ran for two Seasons 100 Years ago. Mustang, a car about noone outside the US has or even know about. Willy Wonka wich I never even heard of before because it's an US thing only. BUT NOT with someone who holds multiple world records in the industry.

Your kidding right? Mustang are WILDLY popular cars, Ford has had them in continuous production since 1964.

You can actually buy brand new reproduction 1960's body shells

https://www.cjponyparts.com/mustang-body-shells-frame-assemblies/c/60020480/?msclkid=e302af15ba8913f55853f4f55c6f7d80&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Sheet%20Metal&utm_term=new%20mustang%20body%20shell&utm_content=Mustang%20Body%20Shells

Matter of fact if you wanted too, you could build a brand new 1968 Mustang without a single used part if so inclined.

#1963 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No. You can't read.
Noone (aka very little) outside the US care or knows because until recently the Mustang wasn't even sold outside the US.
Thats why the pin bombed, at least here.

I'm not a Ford guy and I know about Mustangs and their history. They most certainly were sold outside of the US at launch in 1964 (For example they could not use the name Mustang in Germany in 1964 as it was owned by Krupp and Ford refused to buy the rights for it so called the cars T5 instead)

Ford sold more Mustangs in 2016 in Germany than Porsche had sales there in 2016.

Maybe Mustang owners have little interest in being pin owners.

The fact a company spent millions upon millions of dollars tooling up to stamp out new 60's bodies should give you some idea how ridiculously popular and deep pockected some Mustang owners are.

#1967 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
...did you made these Numbers up personally?

Forbes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/doronlevin/2016/05/02/new-mustang-outsells-porsche-911-in-germany-really/#27c6cc481bd1

You wave away the fact a company is actually stamping out new Mustang bodies, clearly you know nothing about the exorbitant costs of such an endeavor. Mustangs are stupidly popular; not my cup of tea but then again neither is an overpriced Beatles pin.

#1973 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You really should read what you've written and compare to what you're linking to.
Forbes is not talking about Porsche, it's talking about one peticular modell of Porsche.
One peticular model of Porsche that in that only relevant month of march 2016 was allready 5 years old, cost more of double than the then "new" Mustang wich outsold it by 28 sold cars (and then propably never again, because the hype and preorders were done).
I don't wave away anything, I just say it doesn't matter outside the US coming back to your initial (totally wrong) assumption Beatles is for US and UK residents only.

Again you distort what I stated, perhaps a language barrier.

I correctly did point out that the bulk of Beatles fans are in the United States. UK was represented with a ? because I was unsure.

Using Paul's concert as one metric, concert sales were almost 2-1 in favor of US residents vs the rest of the world.

Mustangs outsold 911's in Germany in 2016, deal with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.