(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    81%
  • Maybe? 69 votes
    10%

(659 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 429 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (1 year ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#351 1 year ago

Wooohooo that's terrible.

#576 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

Looks like a poorly made home brew pin, I was expecting so much more.

Nah. It looks decently 'made' -- it's just ... eugh. It's not like it's hand cut plastics and sharpies.

#869 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

love the detail in this one. nice exposed wire.

An optical spinner. Wild. Why'd they do that?

#879 1 year ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

its crazy they didn't just put the hole and opto on the other side of the spinner though, to avoid snaking the wire over the top.

Both ends of an opto need power.

#915 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Why no picture of the LCD?
Looks like it was cropped out?
Is there definitely an LCD?

There is. That last 'it won't be long' animated shot is from the game display.

#927 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Does this even have an LCD or DMD, based on the video I don't think it does. People expecting Rockband and Stern delivers this. This is about what I expected but Stern really needs to sort our their marketing and PR. They are just so disconnected.

It has the standard LCD. The "Won't be long" animated screen at the end is from the display.

#1037 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Wonder if you could take a Seawitch Playfield and plunk it in Beatles game and do an Alternative translite. - Hack some roms - and have sewitch 2019

Without the extra stuff on the playfield you couldn't just pinball-browser out the music and graphics to make it a seawitch game.

If Stern wasn't so stretched thin on programming man-hours they could do a family guy/shrek with this new playfield and do an unlicensed release of the layout as Fathom 2.0. Would need all new art/audio/etc so it wouldn't be cheap, and then pinside would be crying again.

#1057 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Is this really the same ben heck then in the videos?
You seem kinda bitter.
And with 'kinda' I mean... uh... off every chart?

Bitter Ben is real Ben. Element 14 video Ben is a character.

#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

While the Beatles are idealistic, the Monkees are cynical under a saccharine sweet glaze.

It's almost as if [the monkees] were put together by corporate America for a comedy tv show or something.

#1165 1 year ago
Quoted from Svend:

I would seriously not be surprised if Stern is taking the piss out of us and does in the end come up with a proper pinball machine instead of what's being shown now.

Why on earth would you consider this a possibility when the preview video of the machine is available?

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

whats funny is you cannot search for the video on youtube or on sterns page to find it. you have to already have the link.
i agree with you 100% that this is the game, but just real odd how they are treating this video. locked it down from comments and made it hard to find.

It's on the thebeatlesstore.com page. It's not a secret.

https://thebeatlesstore.com/pages/the-beatles-pinball-machines

#1190 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

thats pretty weird in my humble opinion.

You can’t find it on Stern’s page because it’s unlisted. Maybe the Beatles store has some deal to get to be the ones who release the info. Nobody knows, but it’s not some conspiracy.

1 week later
#1670 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Anyone want to talk about something other than the price and flipping these games?
Like any guesses on the LCD content? Will it be focused on Ed Sullivan appearances (they were on that show 9 times)?
Will there be a story line?

My guess is it will be generic colorful art/text as a majority because of license difficulties. It'd expect the same still images that are on the playfield/cabinet when the band is used.

#1757 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So is Joe K saying that these will all be selling below $10k? Read that somewhere.

That's from the reviewjournal article. It specifically says:

"The machines will sell for less than $10,000, Kaminkov said, declining to provide specifics."

I took that to mean "you'll be able to get one for less than 10k", meaning the cheap one would be less than 10K - not really talking about the other 2 editions. But I could be wrong.

#2267 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I get the impression things are not selling anywhere as well as you presume. Joe seems to be a bit touchy on the subject all together...

Why would Joe being reactionary about someone insulting his game be any indicator of sales?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 26.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside