(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 5 years ago

Longtime Beatles fan here. Like the kinda guy who has just about every different arrangement/mixing of his favorite song: Nowhere Man. And...he makes a playlist of them.

Anyway, I've heard three rumors about this game.

1) The pricing is gonna be similar to Batman 66
2) It's a Gomez layout
3) It's a recycled playfield

Opinions on this?

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I am so bummed that this could possibly be a seawitch reskin. If Stern can crank out games for bands like Metallica, ACDC, the Stones, Aerosmith and Kiss you would think that The Beatles, arguably one of the best, most influential bands of all time deserve their own layout. It is insulting to think this will get a woah nellie like treatment. After buying Iron Maiden and loving it, how can Stern expect me to swallow this re themed turd. I couldn't enjoy hitting either loop shot on Seawitch so out the door it went. I can hit loops for hours on maiden and not get tired of it. After securing a licence of this magnitude, honor the band by giving the game the attention it deserves.

Think TNA. Stern would need to get the code to above that. Light show. Song integration, etc.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pinball customers are rich, have the patience of Job, accept a lot of crap (like un-reinforced cabinets) and buy everything that comes out. So basically like Apple fans.
Why wouldn't a company try and find the ceiling of what they'll pay? Capitalism baby!

While I completely agree that Apple has been on a slow downward spiral since the death of their lord and master, Steve Jobs, I’m still using my 2007 iMac (first year with the metal case) with its original HD. I’ve maxed the RAM out and I can’t update beyond El Capitan but I don’t care. It runs smooth and I don’t have issues like my brother does with his PC. It’s kinda a game between us. We both bought our first computers around 2001 and he’s replaced his PC, at least, five times. I bought a Gateway PC in 2001. Replaced it with the iMac in 2007 and added a Mac Mini to my TV in 2010. Wiped them each maybe once or twice but never replaced the HD. Now devices like my iPhone or iPad have supplemented their hard use but Apple devices have saved me a lot of time and hassle in the long run.

The Beatles? I’ll Be 40 this year and they’ve been my favorite band since I was a kid. My first cassette from Wall To Wall Sound and Video was The Beatles 20 Greatest Hits. A slapped together comp done in the early 80’s. If Iron Maiden can sell all of its 500 LE’s before anyone even saw the art, The Beatles will have no problem. Their hard core fans are very rich and 15k is nothing.

Oh, and for the guy that asked about what was so special about 1964 just read some this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_in_the_United_States

1 week later
#563 5 years ago

I love The Beatles.
I buy most of their re-issues like the White Album next month.

This pin looks like crap.
Five songs? That’s it?
Why not do a totally black and white A Hard Day’s Night version?

Glad I bought IMDN. All in all, that game does justice to the band.

#601 5 years ago

Should have just gone full Yellow Submarine with an original design and the soundtrack.

Oh, wait. That would cost more money.

At least LEGO did the license justice.

C87219F3-A5C4-4740-9115-149CC054322D (resized).jpegC87219F3-A5C4-4740-9115-149CC054322D (resized).jpeg
#1096 5 years ago

One thing I found odd was the song choice. Yes, none of the five listed songs ever charted #1 (cept Ticket)but, also, some of them just don’t fit the Beatlemania era that the pin seems to be going for.

All My Loving, It Won’t Be Long and I Should have Known Better fit well. However, Ticket To Ride and, especially, Drive My Car don’t seem right. They’re at that cusp of when The Beatles started to get away from that.

Not to mention that Beatlemania revolved heavily around live performances and It Won’t Be Long, I Should Have Know Better and Drive My Car were rarely, if at all, ever played live. The Beatles would pretty much play the same set list over and over, changing up when they released new material.

Another thing that’s odd is I’m pretty sure that’s the Capitol single for Yesterday/Act Naturally at the bottom of the playfield too along with another one in red that I can’t make out. Also odd choices. I wouldn’t be surprised if the remaining members and their families are limited in what they can use of their own music due to MJ’s estate.

#1102 5 years ago

If I had to pick just five songs to represent the Beatlemania era it would be:

She Loves You
I Want To Hold Your Hand
All My Loving
A Hard Days Night
Twist and Shout (or Please Please Me since Twist and Shout wasn't originally a Beatles song although their version is much better)

Can't Buy Me Love could be swapped in there too.

2 weeks later
#2400 5 years ago

I picked up the Deluxe Edition of the White Album which just came out today. Funny how the pin was released very near it.

Can’t wait to spend hours on headphones comparing the 2009 stereo release to the new remix. And then there’s the Esher Demos.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread?tu=dtown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.