(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You keep starting these threads, based on who knows what bullshit speculation, with zero actual content, and now I'm waiting to see if you're going to have to walk this one back like you did with that dumb Monster Bash one, where you were utterly wrong. Why not just wait until there's anything to talk about, instead of circle jerking rumors?

We have seen no new pin for nearly 2 weeks.

#92 5 years ago

The Beatles being "old" is no argument, when everone seems excited of things like upcoming Munsters.
(Btw. you can change "Beatles" for "Thunderbirds" also.)

And the other thing: Let's please not argue about music tastes.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow, sounds aboot as edgy as *nsync dropped 'Bye Bye Bye,' i think they were drinking beer then too....crazy.

Ummm no. The BEatles are old but the most well respected famous band in the world (other than iron maiden appearently).
Thunderbirds are some puppets some old people kind of remember.

I meant the "word" in the sentence. I did not compare Beatles to Thunderbirds but Thunderbirds to Munsters.

1 week later
#109 5 years ago

Collecting Mods...

ys (resized).jpgys (resized).jpg
#110 5 years ago

I want to acknowledge:

Since G. Gomez said we'll see a game heavily influenced by him at the beginning of next year, looking at Batman 66 and that Kaminkow (when only by himself) produced only 'mediocre' (to put it very slighly) games we can be 100% assured:

BEATLES WILL BE A GOMEZ GAME!!!

Honestly I can't imagine anything about his game, but I love my JM and the Beatles so pleaz, tell me more.

2 weeks later
#134 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Any speculation on designer, coder or artist?

Designer: Gomez (mostly), Kaminkow (next to nothing)
Artist: Franchi
Coder: ???

And yes that's all more or less confirmed.

Edit: 666 Forum posts!!! - MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hasn’t it been confirmed Lonnie is on code? It’s been posted a few times by the usual reliable sources here on pinside.

I dunno who's credible or not or what really counts as 'confirmed', but the info on Gomez & Franchi is from Gomez & Franchi themselfes. (so it's credible. )

Didn't hear any interview with Lonnie, that is all. May be. May be not. I don't know.

1 week later
#166 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I thought they were planning one model built to a pre determined set number of machines.
Did they change this too?

No, everyone just talking out of their ar***.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I implied that the LICENSING fees that Stern pays would be insane not necessarily the MSRP.
Thus the game will have very little in it, making even SW Pro blush.

But there will be no 3-Tier Model Pro/ Premium/ LE, so they just can price it how they want and do the game they want.

No neccessity to make a bare playfield other then for design decisions (wich is completely possible).

Pro Model Pice is kinda fixed so they have to work with the budget they have,... wich quite possibly was very small with Star Wars giving the license cost.

#205 5 years ago

Looking at TWIP, is the Beatles = Seawitch "leak" now official?!

Can't quite believe it.

But if so, it's definately no 'cornerstone' game, so 3 more games in 2019 (Elvira 3, Steve Ritchie, Brian Eddy) no problem.

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If true I think it will certainly help keep the price in check a bit.

Well they said it won't be crazy expensive.

But won't be cheap either with all this drop Targets, 4 Flippers and... "Beatles".

I kinda hope it isn't true, but TNA showed that a single layer Layout can be very fun. And a Seawitch with some enhancements an deep code,... maybe...

#219 5 years ago

Anyone care to explain where these new rumors come from wich are partially the complete opposite that Kaminkow stated in his H2H interview?
(One Model, limited run, but not crazy expensive like Batman.)

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

He also said not based off any of the movies either but everyone keeps mentioning yellow submarine, hard day’s night and sgt peppers.

"Mentioning" ist is one thing but first speculation was that it is a "Yellow Submarine"-only themed Pin, that was neglected.

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I have to listen again unless anyone who listened recently can quote it .

There is this little site noone knows, it's called "This week in Pinball" where some random guy does nothing else but to quote interviews.

(Thx Jeff for doing this!!!)

And reading that again, he doesn't say that there's only one Modell, more the opposite. But I get where I draw that conclusion (but that's more like "one run" not "one model").

"1. Are The Beatles Coming in January?

The Head2Head Pinball Podcast marked their 50th episode with an epic interview with Joe Kaminkow from KaPow Pinball. It was a wide ranging interview that covered how Joe got into pinball, licensing in the 80s, the pinball wars of the past, and a ton more. Listen to the full interview here!! Joe also talked quite a bit about the new KaPow Pinball title in the following exchanges:

Joe K: “…I’d been working on a license for about 10 years. One of those things, every year for 10 years I called and said “let’s do this” and every year they said “no”. And about a year and a half ago I called and said “Let’s do this” and they said “Ok, lets do this”. So Gary and I and Dave have a product, another KaPow product. There is one product that is coming out that my name won’t be on but I helped them get the license and kind of envisioned the original concept. It’ll be one of their cornerstone games, you’ll see that probably in November. And then after the first of the year, probably at the CES show, we’re going to introduce a game that took me over a decade to get the license. And it is going to be a very very exciting game. I can’t say much more about it. It is going to be very limited in the quantity we’re going to build, and we’re never going to build it again.”

H2H: “George Gomez, the question was asked at Texas Pinball Festival, if Stern and KaPow would revisit the Super LE product range, and he said ‘Yep, and you’ll probably see it pretty soon with the next KaPow title.’ Is that what we’re talking about here?”

Joe K: “Yeah, probably. And it is not going to be super duper expensive. They’ll be a couple limited versions of it. Guys, this game is the perfect pinball. And it is the one game that every pinball collector, player, has always dreamt would one day be made. I didn’t think it would every really happen. And it was literally a decade of tenacity to get the brand.”

H2H: “So are you trying to get that brand for pinball or for slot machines and pinball?”

Joe K: “Pinball. For slot machines, we offered I think $50 million dollars for it and we got turned down. I will tell you it is probably the first million dollar plus license ever for pinball, in pinball’s history.”

H2H: “Is it a license that has been around for a while? Or something that has been around for 10 years and you’ve been fighting for 10 years?”

Joe K: “No, it’s been around for a long time.”

H2H: “What do you think makes a good license these days? You obviously have a lot of licenses you now deal with, what makes you think – you know what, that would make a great pinball?”

Joe K: “I think it is the collectability of it. I think the affinity people have for the brand. The emotional attachment that people have for it. Do you guys ever see that guy James Corden, he has that talk show? And last week there was a video he did – he does that carpool karaoke. Did you see him with Paul McCartney? I mean, it was one of the best things I’ve seen on TV in years. Do you know how many views it’s had in a week? 100 million. 100 million views. You go, that is pretty powerful, that is what you want to look for, something that powerful.”

Joe K: “…when you see what we’re coming out with in January, it is going to blow your mind. You’ll just want to have one because it is so much fun. You’ll go, oh my god I’ve waited my whole life for this, and it finally happened.”

H2H: “What about something like – people are always screaming for a Harry Potter pinball machine. And I’m guessing slot machines would be popular as well. I guess the story there, I’m sure you’ve tried, is that she doesn’t want anything to do with gaming, slot machines or pinball machines?”

Joe K: “We’ll see in time. There’s a social game out right now with Harry Potter. You’ve got the Broadway show…will there be a Harry Potter game? Maybe one day. It might be a KaPow game one day, we’ll see…Never say never.”

H2H: “There is a Goonies slot machine, I don’t think it is made by Aristocrat, made by someone else. Do you see that as a good license for pinball machines?”

Joe K: “There are better things. There are better things coming. Maybe one day if you’re scraping the bottom of the barrel. Not to say the Three Stooges or Animal House wouldn’t have it’s collectable, but there isn’t enough heat around it, theres not enough affinity to it. There is just better stuff out there. You’ll see in January. There’s better stuff.”

H2H: “Will people need to possibly apply for this vs. just ringing up their distributor?”

Joe K: “No I don’t think so. I don’t think so. That was something we tried and it was interesting and created some hype and some demand. This game is just going to be limited. We’re going to make X number of them. That is all we will ever make of them. It is one of those games that when they’re gone and they’re gone – they’ll be thousands if not tens of thousands of games in demand for the brand. So if you buy one and put it away and buy one to enjoy, probably two years from now it’ll be something you can sell for more. There just simply not be enough games to meet the demand. And that is designed that way. We want to leave the market hungry so people that get them and put them away will know it will always have value. And the games you want in your home or in your collection, its the first game any friend you have that will come to your house, it will be the first game they walk to to play.”

H2H: “Will Lyman Sheats be working on this game?”

Joe K: “He’s not on this project, he’s still working on Batman…we’ve got a different team that has worked on this project. This is a different type of product. It is very classic pinball. And I think you guys are going to really appreciate this game a lot. I mean if you like playing pinball, you’re going to like this game a lot.”

H2H: “While you were chatting I was listening, but I also just emailed the Australian distributor to be put on the list for the next KaPow game, just in case. You’re hyping it up so much…”

Joe K: “You won’t be disappointed. You’ll be really proud of this game when you have it in your collection. I’ve been playing it, I’ve been playing the whitewood. I was in Chicago Thursday playing it. It does something really special that I can’t discuss right now. But…just wait until you see it. I can’t say enough about it. It is a game you’ve always wanted. And I honestly never thought I’d get the license.”

That is a load of information. He doesn’t say that the license is the Beatles. But he seems to give some strong hints in that direction. So let’s work through this.
•Back in January 2018, This Week in Pinball confirmed that The Beatles license had been acquired by a pinball company/manufacturer.
•In March at the Texas Pinball Festival, Barry Oursler gave an interview saying that Stern had the Beatles license.
•The current rumors we have for upcoming big Stern licensed titles include Deadpool, The Munsters, The Beatles, Superman, and Beetlejuice.
•Joe mentioned he was turned down for a slot machine for this license. The Munsters, Beetlejuice, and Superman have slot machines.
•Deadpool is rumored to be the next Stern license released, which doesn’t seem to fit the January schedule.
•Joe talks up the license – it is expensive, many have wanted it…
•And then there is this exchange:

H2H: “What do you think makes a good license these days? You obviously have a lot of licenses you now deal with, what makes you think – you know what, that would make a great pinball?”

Joe K: “I think it is the collectability of it. I think the affinity people have for the brand. The emotional attachment that people have for it. Do you guys ever see that guy James Corden, he has that talk show? And last week there was a video he did – he does that carpool karaoke. Did you see him with Paul McCartney? I mean, it was one of the best things I’ve seen on TV in years. Do you know how many views it’s had in a week? 100 million. 100 million views. You go, that is pretty powerful, that is what you want to look for, something that powerful.”
"

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Sounds like the dumbest rumor yet...........

I very much like the idea of a stage in the Game.

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's terrible in practice, at least the way it was done in WWE. Grinds whatever fun was happening to a complete halt.

I didn't played WWE very much but from what I played (LE) it was ok AND it was different.

But I didn't mean to reference WWE I just think an elevated stage with the Beatles themseles would be cool.

#283 5 years ago

What's that?

#319 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Because only those crazy, rich, Batman 66, Sea Witch lovers will buy this pin.

Crazy: Indeed
Rich: Sadly not.
Batmann 66: Thought that show was laughable even as a kid.
Sea Witch: Uh,...

So I'm only crazy... but I love the Beatles!

But I'm not loving the news this thread is spreading.

#814 5 years ago

Stern Website is down.

#818 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Must have been hard to get some of them.

Elvis and Jacko persuaded them.

#838 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I don't see a whole lot of pinball people falling for this scam.....

As a die hard Beatles fan I'm at least still in line at my retailer till the Premium/Gold prices & pics hit.

I WANT to love this game. :/

(But I won't pay more then for TNA.)

#850 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

You can even argue that Batman 66 may have sold all the SLE games because Adam West was involved in a minor way.

Not to forget everyone wanted to lay hand on Sterns first "Color LCD" game.

Maybe the Diamond Edition has real Bells & Chimes, that would be at least a novelty.

#856 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

In the video, you can hear a bell when the ball hits the spinner.....

You can hear bells ind WHoa Nellie and Pabst Can Crusher also, but that's just an MP3 file, that's where I come from...

...for 50.000$, they could afford to assemble the real deal.

#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Elvis merch is dead as a doornail and he's only 10 years older than Beatles.
How is it dumb to suggest a target demo is too old?

Elvis as a brand hasn't been taken much care of compared to the Beatles.

#1011 5 years ago
Quoted from WeLoveScott:

I think the pin looks super fun, but I have one question you might weigh in on.
To me, when I saw the art for the back glass, it looks very pixelated - like an enlarged photoshop file, rather than a smooth artwork.
See the freeze frame below (a bit blurry where I paused the video, but hopefully you see what I'm seeing.) Or, I might be wrong! I mostly
see it on the faces.
Can this be right for a 10K +or- machine? [quoted image]

That is not pixelated that is a blown up moiree effect, referring to older printing techniques and pop art.

Short: It's intentional and called art.

#1014 5 years ago

Since when does Premium lack ANY features?

Quoted from PinMonk:If that's true it's good news, but I still can't see any operator buying whatever the Gold version is (2 steps down in features from this "diamond" version) for LE money.

#1017 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Texas county. Not all of Texas. And it's just sexbots. Roombas are safe.

So no Levi Beatles Pinball in Texas Cunty?

#1019 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, trim/art. But since this is a shifted Pro/Prem/LE model, with the Pro being the "Gold" version, you could lose the spinning record and have a giant Yoko Ono face in the middle like the Angus Young on AC/DC Pro. We'll have to wait and see...

It's Ka Pow, it will be like BM66 and Kaminkow hinted they'll all be the same.

I hope the GOLD colors are different. :/

#1040 5 years ago

So, reserved my game. Now lieing back and enjoying the show!

http _i0.kym-cdn.com_photos_images_facebook_000_954_204_820 (resized).jpghttp _i0.kym-cdn.com_photos_images_facebook_000_954_204_820 (resized).jpg
#1049 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pretty sure this IS the diamond edition since they show the plaque in the video.
Maybe they should add a hideous Joker-faced woman with a broken spine, then everyone would love the art

Is this really the same ben heck then in the videos?

You seem kinda bitter.

And with 'kinda' I mean... uh... off every chart?

#1053 5 years ago

This is the possible 50k Diamond version???!!!
Of course not!

This is a video of the possible 50k Diamond Version.

http _fc04.deviantart.net_fs32_i_2008_229_8_f_Ceci_n__est_pas_une_pipe_by_Lunpi (resized).jpghttp _fc04.deviantart.net_fs32_i_2008_229_8_f_Ceci_n__est_pas_une_pipe_by_Lunpi (resized).jpg

#1055 5 years ago

double post

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ben's been through a lot.
Dude worked with JPop for Christ's sake.

lol.

#1060 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Bitter Ben is real Ben. Element 14 video Ben is a character.

There was this Ben before that.

The "I mod my Dreamcast into a milkcan Ben."

#1062 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He’s just being honest. Why is that bad?

I didn't mention "bad" or "honest", I mentioned "bitter".

I'm not saying he is wrong. Noone here is (well, some are but not from threir uninformed point of view).

#1081 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

So that's a Dreamcast shot in Houdini?

If he managed to fit it in this tiny milkcan I buy all 100 Diamond Beatles.

#1161 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Sword and ramp designs are recycled. Also, it came after Maiden.

Ow come on. It has balls also. And flipperbats.

#1203 5 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Your latter is why Stern released it. Seawitch has more shots then most modern pins. There is 18 individual shots and if you added rules you could make a pretty complex game.

Hmmm... I'm pro Beatles but I'm just as **** as the rest, already reserving the game but not even watch Seawitch gameplay. XD

I guess I do that now while I wait for Gold Edition pricing.

#1217 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Distributors got the Gold Edition pricing yesterday. List price 8k. Seems comparable with Batman66. (I guess your waiting for the German price.)

Thx,...

Oh well, what a bummer but that pricing was to be expected.

I guess I have to "miss out" if this is true.

Honestly I'm not so sure all 2000 games will sell out, but time will tell.

#1364 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

From what I understand the Youtube video and pics we have seen may have been of the Gold Edition.

How do you come to this conclusion, with the video showing art blades and a "diamond Edition" plaque & sticker?

#1366 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

When you are a distributor and you talk to the manufacturer.

Ok, that is some info I was lacking.

I still kinda doubt that (why show a video of the Gold Edition with that Diamond Edition Sticker & Plaque?), but it kinda makes sense and additionally I'd never have thought they seriously make this a Seawitch Remaster either. (Plus I happily turn out to be wrong.)

So, yeah... would be nice if the 'smallest' Version would have some art blades and stuff.
But then I'm intrigued what Platinum & Diamond Editions will additionally offer to the customer.

#1529 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

have we seen a difference in versions besides the plate/plaque? maybe they are all the same besides that??

Powder Coating will be different.
I suppose gold for the gold edition, wich could look nice with the speaker decals.

#1545 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

When a new Stern comes out we really need some way to identify what is fact and what is speculation. Like the first post should be updated with what is actually true. So often people post complete sarcasm and speculation like its fact. At the same time Stern seems to like to do things no one believes is possible true.

Well... best way is to have that sorted out to you by This week in Pinball.

#1556 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Despite the ugly look...

With the 4 posts before all about Levi I had to chuckle.

#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

The thing that really sucks here is the fact that Stern has made this a mandatory purchase.
I was hoping to pay in full for a pin that would never actually be manufactured, but Stern is forcing me to pay stupid money for an actual fun pinball machine. It’s just not fair.
Some of the long time collectors here can back me up. There was once was a time when you could simply pass on a pin that was not to your liking for a variety of reasons.
Now though, with mandatory purchasing in effect it’s impossible not to be upset... Nay, OUTRAGED by this machine. I don’t even WANT this pin, but I have to buy it. So, you can see why I’m so angry.
It’s just a question of which model they’re forcing me to buy. It has to be Platinum or Diamond, I guess. I’m not going to put the Peasant version in my arcade!

Is that still sarcasm or allready cynism? XD

#1611 5 years ago
Quoted from BrettC208:

I talked with my distributor that I buy all my pins from. Sounds like he was trying to figure out pricing and he might not have sufficient amount of diamond and platinum games for everyone who wants one. If you want one I would start making phone calls and be prepared to pay way to much. He said he will know more next Tuesday. I don't like the way this is going down and I am not getting involved.

I don't always walk in the shop asking for prices, but when I don't want to be involved in buying.

#1618 5 years ago

How can someone vote this down?

"Me hatez this facts! Let's downvote!" ?

#1623 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO
People do not like facts anymore.

Don't shoot the messenger... XD

#1625 5 years ago

I own that set since 2009 and I'm 39 years.

http _bilmoore.com_wp-content_uploads_2012_08_Im-Right (resized).jpghttp _bilmoore.com_wp-content_uploads_2012_08_Im-Right (resized).jpg
#1638 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but @39, you are old.

In context of the whole discussion of Beatles fans beeing gramps and average pinsiders are too young to care I'm a fledgling.

#1682 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Anyone want to talk about something other than the price and flipping these games?
Like any guesses on the LCD content? Will it be focused on Ed Sullivan appearances (they were on that show 9 times)?
Will there be a story line?

Well, I'm very very intrigued to see what is the actual difference between the Gold, Platinum & Diamond Version.
(Edit: That's why I still look in this thread whenever I can spare the time.)

We know that they will propably feature the exact same playfield mechs and that every model has custom power coating.
(Wich I still think would be cool with the Gold Edition having gold armor and maybe a more sepia/ b&w / brownish cab artwork.)

But the armor, the cabinet decals and the limitation plaque can't be anything, right?

#1711 5 years ago

Thx for the link but the article is of course wrong.

Sorry for the language I'm overall a very positive person (related to this hobby) but: Kaminkow can't design shit!

He didn't design anything alone in the past (well despite pure gems like "BTTF") and as we all know the game is a retheme and the new functions are most likely Gomez doing, according to his statements.

#1712 5 years ago

The photos in that acticle are new!

You can see the gold trim with new artwork (gold edition?), the bottom of the playfield, that the Diamond Edition has a violet metallic (gold trim edition seems as well?) apron and that the vinyl disc has some cuts for lighting effects.

11321947_web1_Beatles-Diamond-Detail-01-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Diamond-Detail-01-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Diamond-Playfield-sm-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Diamond-Playfield-sm-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Gold-Cabinet-LF_-sm_102918-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Gold-Cabinet-LF_-sm_102918-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Gold-Detail-02-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Gold-Detail-02-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Gold-Detail-04-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Gold-Detail-04-1- (resized).jpg

So all Editions will propably stick with that greenish color seeing the new side art.

I kinda like it, but they're really overdoing it with the floarting heads everywhere,

BUT: Now with 2 Models revealed, I really beg the question where they will be noticably different other then by trim & decals.

BUT BUT: Kaminkow says in that interview it will be less then 10.000$. Does he possibly mean ALL Editions? If that's the case they won't need to be drastically different.

Very much looking forward to next week!

#1714 5 years ago

They could call the game "Decap Attack!" also.

With the Gold Edition we have one pair of heads on the playfield, one on the apron, TWO on the artblades (left & right), TWO on the Backbox sides, and REALLY TWO AT ONCE Surrounding the "coin"door.

That a bit overkill, imho.

Btw. salesmen here still intendimg what we seeing with the diamond wedition plaque is not the diamond edition and the game will have a real coindoor?
I'm taking bets.

#1718 5 years ago

I like something like this (if we go with photorealistic)...

mbstore-24 (resized).jpgmbstore-24 (resized).jpg
#1720 5 years ago

I'm ready to take another bet:

When all 1964 Beatles are sold, Stern does a "Luci"... I mean "Seawitch" edition.
The Record will become a maelstrom.

MMW!!!

#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from leonml:

Im in my 40s and was told my whole life the Beatles were great. Can't stand them. Same with Bruce and Dillon. I thought the maiden title was a bad idea as well. The best thing they had was their mascot.
Give me a back to the future that's worthy to carry the name. Or nightmare on Elm street. Or south park. Or beavis and butthead. Or terminator 1 and 2 combined. Or Rambo.
Or stop charging 8 to 15k because of paying for trademark shit and make me a 4k machine with your own title perhaps named in a contest and start creating toys on a whole other level.

So why don't you buy Back to the Future, Nightmare on Elm Street, South Park, Terminator or Rambo... I mean Raven.
Only thing missing here is Beavis & Butthead and despite BttF all these games are at least descent!

#1786 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Well one disti did say that the MAP for the Gold edition is $7995, so not all BS as far as that goes.

Stern themselfes confirmes that if you read the article a bit above...

Edit:
Here it is: https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2018/10/29/the-beatles-are-honored-in-new-stern-pinball.html
"A spokeswoman for Stern said the Gold Edition has a suggested retail price of $7,999. A typical Stern pinball machine starts at around $5,999."

#1830 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Gold art package looks the best to me, except for the... gold.

100000% Agree!!!

At least make it less dark?

It just don't do well with the mint green in my opinion.

#1881 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone got any idea if the spinning disc in Beatles is the same mech as in X-Men?

Need replacement parts?

#1890 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Question- How popular is The Beatles overseas? I'd imagine some markets would have close to zero interest. Star Wars might have fairly equal appeal world wide for one example but The Beatles might only be a seller in the US and UK. And I'm guessing about the UK.
Where are the fans located is the million dollar question.

World.

The Beatles were the first western Band to play at the Japanese Budokan.
https://features.japantimes.co.jp/beatles-in-budokan/

(Oh, and that started the beginning of the end. Thanks Yoko!)

Properties that about noone cares for overseas:
WWE, Mustang, Big Buck Hunter...

#1911 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Are you about that? That would be an incredible effort to produce and hide significant numbers of highly anticipated pinball machines.
I have a feeling Munsters will be produced before Beatles.

With Beatles sales starting tomorrow, that seems a bit hard to do to me.

#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The Beatles WERE popular. Are they still popular enough...

You can ask that question with about any license, like... with Munsters. A b/w TV Show that ran for two Seasons 100 Years ago. Mustang, a car about noone outside the US has or even know about. Willy Wonka wich I never even heard of before because it's an US thing only. BUT NOT with someone who holds multiple world records in the industry.

#1944 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Your kidding right? Mustang are WILDLY popular cars, Ford has had them in continuous production since 1964.
You can actually buy brand new reproduction 1960's body shells
https://www.cjponyparts.com/mustang-body-shells-frame-assemblies/c/60020480/?msclkid=e302af15ba8913f55853f4f55c6f7d80&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Sheet%20Metal&utm_term=new%20mustang%20body%20shell&utm_content=Mustang%20Body%20Shells
Matter of fact if you wanted too, you could build a brand new 1968 Mustang without a single used part if so inclined.

No. You can't read.

Noone (aka very little) outside the US care or knows because until recently the Mustang wasn't even sold outside the US.

Thats why the pin bombed, at least here.

#1950 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Roald Dahl who wrote Charlie and the chocolate factory (what will Wonka is based on) is British. Cant just be a US thing. All of his books are super popular and a bunch were made into movies.

Looked that up.

That 70s movie was filmed in germany (?!?), highly popular in the english speaking countrys that a german version of that movie you love (german version was highly different/ cut and flopped) came out in *drumroll* 2006. WTF?!

(Is that even after the Remake from Tim Burton?)

Ok, I'm excused.

It's an US and UK thing then.

#1964 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm not a Ford guy and I know about Mustangs and their history. They most certainly were sold outside of the US at launch in 1964 (For example they could not use the name Mustang in Germany in 1964 as it was owned by Krupp and Ford refused to buy the rights for it so called the cars T5 instead)

The famous "Mustang", that had another name here, the one time it sold.

Quoted from gdonovan:

Ford sold more Mustangs in 2016 in Germany than Porsche had sales there in 2016.
Maybe Mustang owners have little interest in being pin owners.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

...did you made these Numbers up personally?

First of Porsche is a much more expensive car and yet you see a Porsche every other minute while I've seen an old Mustang about never and the new ones,... maybe up to 5 times a month.

(I've never even once seen a Mustang for sale in a shop other then for "American Muscle Cars".)

Well, there is one chance your numbers are true, it's due to Porsches not beeing "sold" but "leased" (als then sold again used).
Two thirds of Porsches are leased company cars, because of taxes.

2016 about 30.000pcs.

Quoted from gdonovan:

The fact a company spent millions upon millions of dollars tooling up to stamp out new 60's bodies should give you some idea how ridiculously popular and deep pockected some Mustang owners are.

Well, not here and that was you initional "International" statement.

Edit:
Btw. here's the first quarter of 2018 newly registerd cars:
https://www.kfz-auskunft.de/kfz/zulassungszahlen_2018_1.php

It's only the top part, but Porsche is in it. Mustang ain't.

Edit 2:
And here is 2016...
Q1 - None of both in the Top 100
Q2 - Porsche only - https://www.kfz-auskunft.de/kfz/zulassungszahlen_2016_2.php
Q3 - None of both in the Top 100
Q4 - Porsche only - https://www.kfz-auskunft.de/kfz/zulassungszahlen_2016_4.php

I wonder how Mustang never made it in the Top 100, but individual Porsche models did, if Mustang sold more.

Huh... ?

You should do marketing for fortune 500 companies.

#1972 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Forbes.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/doronlevin/2016/05/02/new-mustang-outsells-porsche-911-in-germany-really/#27c6cc481bd1
You wave away the fact a company is actually stamping out new Mustang bodies, clearly you know nothing about the exorbitant costs of such an endeavor. Mustangs are stupidly popular; not my cup of tea but then again neither is an overpriced Beatles pin.

You really should read what you've written and compare to what you're linking to.

Forbes is not talking about Porsche, it's talking about one peticular modell of Porsche.
One peticular model of Porsche that in that only relevant month of march 2016 was allready 5 years old, cost more of double than the then "new" Mustang wich outsold it by 28 sold cars (and then propably never again, because the hype and preorders were done).

I don't wave away anything, I just say it doesn't matter outside the US coming back to your initial (totally wrong) assumption Beatles is for US and UK residents only.

#1976 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Again you distort what I stated, perhaps a language barrier.
Mustangs outsold 911's in Germany in 2016, deal with it.

Lollolololol, 100 more tries then you get that sentence correct (wonder what barrier 'that' is?):

Mustangs outsold 911's in Germany in MARCH 2016. (By 28 cars.) - THAT is correct.

I can deal with that. I mean a whole preorder alotment beating the sales of a five year old car is obviously pretty big (for you).
That still doesn't make your argument valid.

#1986 5 years ago

Yeah. Sorry.

So about Beatles pinball... today's the day!

#2004 5 years ago

You know, all the new pictures are here:
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball

Edit: Allready posted (didn't shop up in my browser).

#2031 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Honestly the game does look kinda cool, its just the crazy high price considering the lack of features that is disappointing.

We don't know the prices yet and with all models beeing the same I don't care if the Diamond Edition is 1 Million bucks.

If it's usual Premium pricing it's about ok.
You shouldn't forget forget: 11 Drop Targets, 2 Magnets & Disc, Art Blades, Colored Apron, Custom Powder Coat...

#2033 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

Sadly I propably can't.

#2069 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

just got this from the game room guys. gold version is $7,999 ouch!
[quoted image]

Wich is the same price Stern PR told a week ago.

#2156 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So every game ever made sucks?

No. The 1990 were the golden era of pinball because there was no internet.

#2167 5 years ago

I'm generally positive about this pin, but this reveal date today is a letdown.

Ok, we got the Platinum Translite (and we kinda know for sure that Platinum/ Diamond Ed. will have no additional value)... and that's it.

No video, no Platinum/ Diamond Pricing... that's kind of sad.

#2176 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I've already posted the price. I talked to my distributor yesterday. $12,500 for Platinum and $25,000 for Diamond. Stern is not allowing street pricing for these 2 models. Expect gold in the $7,600 range.

A lot of people posted a lot of prices, with Diamond sub 10k including.
Not saying that you're making this up, just saying (if it's true that it isn't allowed to put out prices) that's to avoid open price war with the retailers.

While this is good for the retailers, I think it's kind of shady to not have an MSRP.
Just imagine the conversations here, mocking each other because X paid twice as much than Y did for his Diamond.

But with that said, since the gold edition doesn't seem to lack anything and in my opinion generally has the best art package, that's everyones own decision.

#2182 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

For that reason, Stern is threatening to pull the distributor's allotment if they sell their Diamond or Platinum games for less than MSRP. Which is why I don't mind posting that price.

If that price is correct with other people allready telling that it is way less.
I don't want to have an argument, I just want to point out that every retailer tells it a bit different it seems.

We'll see for sure when this thing blows up.

#2183 5 years ago

There is new pictures of the line on the Stern FB page.

I want to point this one out, since -as stated before- there actually IS a lot going on beneath the playfield with 11 Drop Tragets, 2 Magnets, Spinning Disc etc.

I can see why this is not pro price. A plastic ramp is way cheaper.

45506222_10156936823609244_8231473692308144128_n (resized).jpg45506222_10156936823609244_8231473692308144128_n (resized).jpg
#2186 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

An oversimplification, but since when did a few drop target banks and a rehash mech from XMen justify a $1500 price increase over a Pro?

Three times the Drop Targets, Disc, Magnets, custom powdercoating, artblades, 4 Flippers, custom apron, plaque...

There's just way more in it!

#2190 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

GoT, TWD, MET, ST, GB, SW, DP, IMDN, and GOTG all have drops in the Pro in some form, and those are all recent games.
I’m just saying, regardless of the nice powder coating, it’s just funny how people are head over heels with the BoM and the giant price hike over a Pro. The same drops were on a 1980 game, and it’s something Stern buys in the thousands at quantity prices. People are acting like they just included some sort of series of revolutionary mechs where in reality it’s just established stuff at a giant price hike.

Stern is not in the business to shower you with presents.
The price in relation to what a Premium/ LE usually has (plus license) seems legit, that is all.
Way more legit then the usual LE version price increase over a premium.

And a small drop traget bank will all sell as replacement for ~300$. Beatles has three of them (thats 2 more then usual), 4 Flippers (2 more then usual and altogh Maiden had it that's the reason Pro had no toys) and we can continue this list...

#2191 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Gottlieb Atlantis EM has a ton of drop targets.

But that ain't a "pro".

#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

For anyone interested:

You can't do this!

Facts for pinsiders are the same as sunlight for a vampire.

#2207 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You sure about them not being independently controlled?
I recall reading certain banks individual targets need to be hit in an order to advance the mode, maybe the 1964 targets?
Don’t see why the drop mechs can’t be new and coded with the spike system. Yes it’s a seawitch but all new electronics etc...I would assume new drop banks as well.

Individually controlled means that the machine can put them up again, each seperately.
That's kind of rare, because each target would need it's own mechanism/ coil.
(To detect that you hit something in the right order you only need sensors, not coils.)

I think The Hobbit has (or was intended to have) individual controllable drop targets.

#2222 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It has one drop target. And I'm pretty sure it's not controlled! (you hit it, it falls down, it resets when it's time).

Well if it has ONE, that ONE is INDIVIDUALly controlled by definition. XD

#2223 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There is nothing under this Beatles play field that matches what was on the classic Seawitch. Flipper assys. look to be of Data East style. The drop target cages are completely different. Slingshots are different. The way the pop bumpers look to be mounted is closer to the 70s Bally style instead of what Stern used at that time.
I read that the 1-9-6-4 drops have to be dropped in order. Those 4 target are not hard to drop, but to drop them in order is going to challenge many.
This play field sits on pivot posts like Data East. And by looking what is laying under this play field, it look like this play field will have those slider brackets installed so the play field can be slid back and jacked up.
And, of course, the wiring is completely different.
[quoted image]

What are you trying to tell us?

It's a Spike System game, so of course it's completely different.

#2240 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Not necessarily. If the game has the ability to drop the target without the ball hitting it, then it's individually controlled.

Ah, of course you're right, I forgot that.

It's kind of definition problem (or understanding on my side).
So it 'individual' (one by one) AND '(full / 2 way) controlled'.

Every drop target in Johnny Mnemonic is individually controlled then (to stick with that joke)!!!

#2271 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I get the impression things are not selling anywhere as well as you presume. Joe seems to be a bit touchy on the subject all together...[quoted image]

Twister has a magnetic disc?

Maybe he is just touchy because people get on his nerves big time.

#2280 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha! Sales, design, defense or not I love that reply.

Of you get shit you talk ass!

With the difference Kaminkow can talk a$$!

But srsly, that pic someone posted there... Why spending your time making this, stating something completely dumb? Beatles does not push Munsters back.

(Bill&Ted is)

#2286 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Man, when did WPT get to be a $7200 game?
[quoted image]

When Stern was about to close down because they didnt make enough money.

#2331 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I would buy the platinum but next year I decided to pay $100,000 to go to Mt Everest. I hear you can get a few Sherpa, for that kind of money, to grab you by the ankles and drag you up to the summit. (You still tell everyone that you climbed it by yourself). You get waited on hand and foot and you don't even have to learn the names of the brown fellas carrying you and all your stuff. They feel honored just to be in your presence and serve the rich white man. Just like Stern's brown minimum wage factory workers are honored to be working there amongst the people that actually matter. Indentured Servitude is alive and well. Prices go up, quality goes down . Integrity is compromised. Why so many apologists? What do you owe them when they pull cash grab moves like this? "This pin isn't for Pinsiders". That's like saying, "this car isn't for people that know how to drive." Who exactly buys pins that aren't at least casually interested in the hobby? When you are casually interested in a pinball game, you google it and boom you know of Pinside. Stern acts like Pinside isn't important yet takes every word here to heart, whether they admit this or not. It's just a fun forum, at the end of the day, but it has become obvious that Stern has certain Pinsiders on the payroll as hype men here just to pump up the love for their products. Pinside doesn't matter, indeed.

Really can't imaging why somebody would get "a bit touchy" over this.

#2412 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My local distro said they are too small of a shop and will not be selling these. Cactus Jack's in Oklahoma City says it is not getting one. I hope someone brings one to TPF in March.

Thought a lot about this before and while most shit Stern is getting may be unjustified it's way of selling 'packs of 10' and no MSRP comes with a financial risk getting stuck on those machines as a retailer, I'd pass selling this as well.

#2440 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yikes! Only $2260 more than here in the US.

We (Outsiders) all pay Premium for our Pros.

#2452 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

At those prices you could put a Gold in 6 different rooms in your house or have one Diamond that is virtually the same!!

"This is my Beatles pinball machine for when I have to poop!"

#2459 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sold out is ONLY once all 1964 are made, and sold to end users.

Says you.

Stern says it's sold out, because it (Stern) is sold out.

Basically saying: You're wrong.

I do agree that it's a horrible endeavour for the retailers tough, taking all the risk (as usual) and blame (that's new).

#2461 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol, yeah. Well, that's probably why Stern didn't announce Beatles at Expo 18 during their seminar, there would have been a similar reaction.

While that's a possibility it is with 99,9% accuracy wrong.

Revealing it themselves prevents them from handing out exclusive tidbits and stories to a bunch of news sites around the world, loosing precious coverage and free markteing material. (Like the Star Wars Channel thingy with Star Wars.)
Us don't need to be marketed to first, we will know about it.

It's always about the new customer.
While this is generally something I don't like, in this case it's agood move to broaden the market.

And free marketing is a good thing.

#2462 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Then I have a bridge to sell you.

Can you afford the shipping?

#2472 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

That's like JJP saying CE games are sold out a laugh. Games are sold out when distributors are sold out

You don't get it.

Stern is sold out when Stern is sold out.

The Game is sold out when zhe game is sold out.

These are two seperate things.
When Stern has sold out all games they're done. They don't sell to end customers.

So of course you habe to take every bold Marketing statement with a grain of salt but the statements are 100% legit and nothing someone with the slightest business understanding would bitch about.

#2479 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Some days I just never leave my bedroom and go downstairs, mate.”

I can resonate to that (is that correct english?).

I remember ancient times, not married, being the same.
(Not with pinball tough.)

Nowadays I'm on most evenings even too tired to concentrate on anything. XD

#2494 5 years ago

I've read about 2500 posts of mostly BS, uninformedness (wich is ok), hatred, ignoring of facts, not trying to understand any points teh other makes, narcism and trolling (including myself otherwise I woudn't sanely survive)...

While I'll not call anyone names to get locked out or throw drinks into someones face I'll quit this thread, I honestly can't stand it anymore.

Have fun trolling each other and instisting to be right about something truely insignificant.

I go back to my (personal, because it's lonely there) Bill & Ted thread. A game wich may never come out and gains about no interrest, but therefore is still filled with joy and anticipation (mostly my own but I don't care ).

YOLO!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,282 (OBO)
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread?tu=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.