(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#368 5 years ago

Seawitch is a great game so not sure why this won't be.

I'll take five of 'em!

#390 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Bwhahah wow that is ugly.....I like that they want with a classic layout, but just release Seawitch or Stargazer or Quicksilver then if you're gonna do it

I do kind of agree with this. I guess Seawitch matches the "modern" style /speed of play out of the most of them.

Who wants to guess pricing?

I'm thinking in the Batman vein

I'm also thinking most of these end up in Beatles' collectors homes.

#419 5 years ago

Looks like there's a target behind the lower left bank of drops.

Wonder if there's anything else back there.

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't think so, it's a stand up target were the ball comes back to the flipper from the left inlane.
Don't worry though, it won't be long until we see more pictures. It won't be long until we hear the crazy price information. It won't be long until this game can belong to us for $10k. It won't be long, yeah, yeah, yeah!
[quoted image]

I know this is completely irrelevant but I cannot believe you didn't mention JJP or "toys" in this post.

It won't be long!

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If there's a model for $5k

LOL there's no goddamn way.

I don't know man. I think the game will be fun. Seawitch rules. I bet this will have some things in it you can't recognize from the video, maybe a multiball.

But it's very "Supreme," an overpriced game destined to be loathed here for all times and also sell out. Those of you who don't think these will be gone are nuts - it's not for "us."

And much like Supreme, I bet I'll get to play it because Sunshine in Brooklyn buys everything. The rest of you guys...well I hope you are friends with some deep-pocketed Beatles fanatics.

Some of you guys may have forgotten...even in 2018...the BEatles are bigger than Jesus.

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Is there a LCD screen? I didn't see one....

Yeah you just missed it, the rest of us clearly saw the LCD screen.

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Also, similar to GOTG at launch, does this only have like, what, 5 F'ing songs? (See text over inserts)

2-ball MB is one of the inserts.
[quoted image]

good eye.

Either a magnet lock or a lock hole behind a drop target bank. I bet an actual physical lock like Supreme.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Looks to be a two ball multiball like yoko2una mentioned above, plus a Super Jackpot shot behind the drops on the left.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I bet that's also a ball lock like lil deadpool / supreme.

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Not really? I mean, all the Stern mechs and everything are all different from the old ones and there's no existing drawings to work from, plus there's significant changes. It's a clean-sheet design really with all of those. "Inspired by Seawitch" is the best description.

Interesting discussion...I'd guess it DID save a little time and we all know time is money. But yes the whole thing had to be redone basically.

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Oh my god . . . . . does that suck . . . I'm embarrassed for Stern because I know they won't be. Only Stern could totally screw this up.

We went over this with Supreme.

If this sells out, why would anybody be embarrassed for Stern?

People need to get used to the idea that they have a business plan now that apparently includes selling games to "us" and selling expensive boutique games to "them."

Their ultimate goal is to make profits. If they can do that by selling Deadpools to us yahoos and Beatles to my parents, that's a successful, positive business plan.

As usual, people here need to not take this stuff personally. I don't take it as a personal affront to my pride and dignity when McDonald's pulls the McRib off the menu. You shouldn't take it personally when they make and sell a game you don't like.

#516 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

You are comparing the Supreme pinball to the Beatles License?

No, I'm comparing the rollout, business plan, and pinside reaction.

And don't forget, Supreme was a huge success for Stern.

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Do you really think there were pinsiders hoping and dreaming for a "Supreme" pinball machine like there were for the Beatles?

I don't care. And neither does Stern.

If the project is a success, the butthurt moans of pinside are completely irrelevant. You'd think by now people would understand that.

I'm betting the project will be a success.

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from drained:

No need to -- they are gonna sell these to beatle maniacs and that's it. They still want everyone else to buy a deadpool.

I think Stern learned a long time ago there's no harm in letting others "win" pinball shows.

Why take the abuse? Absolutely zero upside for Stern to show this game at Expo.

#577 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

CrazyLevi.
Stars as Rin - Tin -Tin.
The Lone Defender [quoted image]

I pulled the exact same act during the Supreme rollout when you idiots were all melting down over that.

And the Dark Night for Stern doozy.

Let me know when I actually turn out to be wrong.

#693 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Did BM66 sell out?

The limited editions did yes, with little trouble at all.

Either that or it was the huge disaster pinside predicted it would be and stern went under.

I forget which. Memory isn’t what it used to be.

#713 5 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

That’s always been a good game; it just had bad timing as far as when it was released; and subsequently they’re hard to find. Scoring could be tweaked but it’s a solid layout and fun/challenging.

Steve always said it sold really
Well and he loved the royalties he got from it.

You don’t see em much because they are all in home collections. Which is what’s going to happen here.

#717 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It says on the plastic near the flipper - collect all 5 songs for multi-ball.

Iron Maiden has 6 song modes but there’s more songs in the game.

Fact is we don’t know how it plays yet. At all. There’s a shit ton we don’t know about the game.

Fact is, nobody really cares. It could be a killer game to play, it’s not gonna affect anybody’s opinions much.

These uninformed clusterfuck monkey piles are cathartic for pinside and they have to happen every now and then.

See the JJP pirates production thread, or pretty much any stern reveal...

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

There may be a 100 very well off Beatle fanatics to buy out the Diamond edition, but doubt many in the crowd buying $400 white album sets, $30 T-shirts or $12 coffee mugs will pull the trigger on a $6-30k (?) pinball. I think they’ll need plenty of Pinsiders to sell close to 2000 machines.

The Beatles are bigger than Jesus.

I think you are dead wrong.

(Also they’ll sell plenty to pinsiders)

#771 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The biggest problem I think is the crappy video Stern put out today. I wouldn't say that Stern puts out award winning commercials for their games, but most are pretty good. The Deadpool one was excellent, and even GOTG was decent.
Oh My God, this one looks like it was filmed by an intern. You could even hear the flipper noise. What the hell? The video should have been edited to show some excitement, and a soundtrack overlaying it. You should not hear flippers in the damn promo video!

You are correct. These teaser trailers tend to be awful (remember the Star Wars one?).

#888 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You have obviously not seen the new fad with robotic prostitutes, they are the new craze right now. Keep on trolling

You just told us you want to fuck a pinball machine (congrats! You are like the 9000th guy to make this hilarious and witty statement about a game needing to fuck you to be worth the money) and I'm trolling?

#901 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Still, what is the target market here? We've all agreed that pinball is gonna hit a wall when all the current collectors retire and move to Florida. This pin targets the retired people. Do they even buy stuff? Traditional marketing says no.

1- we don't agree, people been saying that for 20 years and it's bullshit
2 - the target, like beyond obviously, is well-heeled Beatles fans (retired or otherwise), of which there are millions.

Weird to see you playing dumb on this.

#914 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They're probably releasing this show reel a couple of weeks early via the Beatles official merchandise portal, asking for expressions of interests, and seeing how Pinside / other forums react, and polling distributors to see how many expressions of interests & deposits are taken.
Because ... they haven't set a final price yet. Based on the above data, they'll set the highest price they think they can get away with, and I'm sure they're hoping they can get away with $50k for the Diamond SKUs.

Who knows if this is even going through distributors. Supreme didn't.

As far as I can tell it'll be sold through the Beatles Store.

Pinside needs to come to grips with reality.

#920 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

LOL... Is "Pinside" in general not allowed to think this machine is brazen cash-grab? Not sure how you believe you've become the umpire of reality.....

The reality of the pinball market possibly being beyond pinside is what thousands of people here refuse to accept.

You'd think after Supreme people would have figured this out. But you'd be wrong.

#954 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Are the stores lined with beatles stuff made every month? No
What collectors pay 20k premiums for modern licensed stuff?
The collectors market want authentic period stuff... not paying 20k for licensed merch.

We don't even know the prices yet bro. Let's relax for a minute.

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Also hearing 7500 for gold. Other models are still TBD

I think if this turns out to be true, it's a huge game-changer on the perception and reception of this game, and you'd see PLENTY in Pinside collections and even on location.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

There's really not much chance of this being true, though.

I guess we'll find out November 6 and can adjust our outrage accordingly?

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Tell me all the times in manufacturing history a company trying to create a collectable market has actually succeeded in creating a collectable market?
It almost never works that way.
Collectables become collectable. They don't start out that way.

Supreme sold a couple hundred $10,000 pinball machines in 10 seconds with this model.

Next rhetorical question please.

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If that's true it's good news, but I still can't see any operator buying whatever the Gold version is (2 steps down in features from this "diamond" version) for LE money.

Why? We've seen plenty of Batman 66 games on location, and that one was a pro or Premium (depends on your outlook) for beyond LE money. The cheapest Batman is $8500!

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

And we can look at where the value of this game ends up in 20 years. That's the mark of a true collectable.

Now you are moving the goal posts. Stern doesn't give a shit what these games sell for in 20 years, just if they sell now.

Like Supreme did.

#979 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

$7500 for the basic model of an already old basic rethemed game is a game changer? I don't see it. $5k would do it, maybe $6k. For $7500 though why not buy a Stern premium that has a ton of more features?

Because it isn't the Beatles?

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, will see if that's enough.

Beatles is gonna kill in coin drop and getting players' attention. People will go to a location just to check it out and play it.

Quoted from chad:

Funny that is Election day.

LOL good call

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is not a vault of Seawitch. This is a rehash using little added effort to make a game that is reskinned.

So kinda like Spiderman Vault Edition then. Which was, quite clearly, a vault edition.

Clearly, Beatles proves that Stern considers re-releasing and updating classic designs is a viable option in the future.

Should make many people here happy! Please head over to my All You Need is Love thread for more discussion on these exciting possibilities!

#1021 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I'm sure they said the same thing with Star Wars. At any rate, I'm not the target market for this but there is still truth in your quote. Beatles shit sells. Time will tell if they got this one right.

STAR WARS SOLD

So many terrible analogies in this thread.

#1044 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Beatles will have a coin door just like any other commercial pinball...

You've been on point with all your Beatles info so that's good news.

#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Is this really the same ben heck then in the videos?
You seem kinda bitter.
And with 'kinda' I mean... uh... off every chart?

Ben's been through a lot.

Dude worked with JPop for Christ's sake.

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

This is the kind of stuff that will bug real Beatles fans.....You know.. The ones this machine was targeting....

that's not true at all. Real superfans are sick of the "hits" and would likely be intrigued by this setlist!

Just go to the Stones forum any tour and read post after post of people whining about hearing Brown Sugar again.

I personally didn't even know the song It Won't Be Long. And now I do! It's great!

#1119 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

And with the Beatles, 70% of what they wrote are the "Hits". If you're sick of the Beatles hits, you're sick of the Beatles.

True!

I'll just point out one more time that like many, many things about this game we don't actually know what songs will be in the game. Iron Maiden has 6 song modes but another 6 or so songs in the game that aren't written on the playfield.

#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

So, complaining like an entitled toddler on Pinside because a Beatles pinball machine wasn't exactly like you thought it should be ...qualifies you as an "alpha male"? Just want to make sure I understand how that works.

I can feel the wind from his massive dick swinging around all the way over here in NY!

#1236 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Bingo. My mom diga it and could afford one but has the sense not to spend that much.

Man you guys are cheap and bad sons!

Obviously you should be buying mom a Beatles pin!!

This is MOM we are talking about here!!

(Thank god mine would be happier with a $60 box of Neuhaus chocolate, which I will happily import during my next trip to Belgium in June)

#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Uh... BS, Levi. A lot of BS in this thread. A lot of it coming from you.
If I go to a Stones concert I expect a few deep cuts, but if they’re not playing the hits- I’m pissed.
This is not an intriguing set list. Not from a Beatles perspective. You wanna get intriguing? Then I expect Revolution 9, Blue Jay Way, Sexy Sadie, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Fixing A Hole... we could get more intriguing. The group of songs on that pin is mundane.
I will see Rob Zombie every time he comes in to the area. I like some deep cuts, but if I don’t hear Dragula, Superbeast, Living Dead Girl, More Human Than Human and Thunder Kiss 65’ every time - I’m gonna be pissed. I’m a HUGE FAN. I don’t go to concerts in a vacuum. I expect to share the artist/concert with friends. I’m not going to expect my friends to be super-enthused with deep cuts.
Was the KISS pin not made for massive KISS fans? Cause the KISS army is pretty rabid. What songs were on that pin? It wasn’t an ‘intriguing’ playlist- it was Rock and Roll All Nite, Lick It Up, Detroit Rock City, Deuce, etc etc. I’m also a huge KISS fan. If those songs weren’t in the pin, I’d be on a forum bitching and questioning why those songs are missing- just like most of us are doing the same about the Beatles pin. If the pin decided to ignore the makeup era that most fans are a fan of and instead concentrate on the unmasked era, I would say that’s a bad marketing move and I wouldn’t be interested in the pin. See the correlation here?
I’m new-ish to this hobby, and I don’t know you personally, Levi- but I’ve seen your stuff on the boards. I get the impression you’re a big fish in the Pinside pond- or maybe you just post a lot. Never had an opinion of your posts either way- but in this thread- $H*+s getting ridiculous.
You’re either the biggest shill I’ve ever seen for a game, or literally enjoying being a huge troll on this thread and taking the piss out of everyone by being a contrarian.
It’s okay to have a different opinion. It’s okay to say, ‘I don’t care what you think, I’m buying the game anyway. I like it and I’m going to enjoy it.’ But we’re at the point where someone makes a valid point- ‘the sky is blue.’ And you’re over here saying ‘no it’s not- it’s green. And the sky is really made for people who like green sky. You don’t know what you’re talking about blue sky people. You’re not a true sky fan. You’re not who the sky is actually for.’
There’s a lot of legitimate Beatles fans, people who would buy these machines and people who can AFFORD these machines on this thread. Potential buyers. The target market. And a big portion of the target market is telling you, they’ve got the money, but no longer the inclination to buy this pin because it disappoints them. But you’re pretending the people on here aren’t buyers.
Maybe you don’t know how you’re coming off to people- but I think I know what you do for a living- so you’re a smart guy. Unless you’re desperately trying to pump and dump this pin, and you’re planning on buying several to re-sell- let it go. You’re not convincing anyone but yourself... and maybe the K-man with a podcast.
The days of pinball speculation (outside of Supreme) are over. This pin, like Deadpool and Iron Maiden and Oktoberfest and Alice Cooper will sell on the merits of the build and features contained in the pin. Not hype. Not speculation. There’s always a few that will buy everything that comes out. But as a Beatles fan and a pinball fan, I can tell you, they’ve misjudged the demographic. The imaginary market you think exists- is infintessimal.

Jesus. A post starting by accusing me of too much BS followed by a 78,000 word salad That nobody - including me - is ever going to read.

Beatles is bringing out the irony. Someone else - who has posted 10,000 more times than I have in the same amount of time - also accused me of typing too much!

Quality over quantity folks!

#1244 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You, my friend, are hardly one to talk.

Yeah for sure. Shilton - who singlehandedly aided and abbeted the heighway scam, and is personally responsible for hundreds of thousands of dollars swindled out of the hands of pinsiders - really shouldn’t talk. You’d think he’d feel bad about that. Probably did, for like “two weeks.”

His relentless shilling has a real human cost. Mine has resulted in a few butthurt pinsiders. Which is worse?

But not sure if you’ve noticed, this is a new go to for tons of people here against tons of other people. Everyone accuses everyone else of shilling for everyone.

You won’t see me do it - I’ve got better material!

#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Sven, don’t bother. The hardcore metal heads and big alt/grunge rock guys and Korn lovers etc. never got it and never will. It’s amusing. I’d pity them for missing out, but they don’t give a shit so why should I?
Plenty of people in their 40’s know and love the Beatles. And many don’t. Same with every other generation. Although let’s face it, formative years in the 80’s and college in the 90’s? I do kinda feel for these folks.

That’s not fair dude! You know Ozzy is a huge Beatles fan. So are tons of metal heads. I love the Beatles bro.

Anybody who says the Beatles aren’t loved by a broad swath of music fans demographically is either trolling or ignorant.

#1373 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Tables like Whitewater and Comet, the ball hits the glass 50+ times per game and I've never seen one break the glass.

Silver slugger was actually designed for the ball to smack the glass on every launch, to simulate the crack of the bat.

Admittedly kind of a dumb idea. Ops freaked so the games were fitted with a
Cover at top of shooter lane so this didn’t happen.

#1380 5 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Between this and the AP Octoberfest themed pin, we've hit a lull in my interest and I'm sure a few other people's as well across these two upcoming titles.

A lull of interest?!

There's like 10 thriving threads on pinside for both.

#1381 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Is there any chance there will be a companion machine based on late Beatles? 1969 units with Abbey Road tracks? I would prefer that, or a machine based totally on the Yellow Submarine film.
[quoted image]

I love when people say stuff like this.

"Hey is there a chance that everything we've seen and heard so far about this game turns out to be completely wrong and the game is actually radically different than the machine they've literally revealed and we've all seen with our naked eyes and processed with our brains and is in fact in real life going to be the exact game I imagined in my head????"

Uhhh...yeah sure, I guess there's always a chance! I will say I admire the fact that Pinsiders never give up hope. It's the kind of optimism we need in these dark times.

#1386 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

how has hitler not chimed in yet?

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that everybody was sick of the Hitler videos five years ago?

#1392 5 years ago

Looks like indeed no coin door!

Or a coin door...with no mechs.

Great additional songs, three of their biggest megahits!

Song choices are good - 6 megahits and 2 deeper cuts that haven't been played to death.

#1396 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'll say it again: game looks fun.

Of course it does. Gonna be a great game to play.

#1404 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Stern saw what TNA looked like and said well shit, if they can do it, we can too... High $$$ and not much going on. I would rather have a standard MBR for 6k. Comeon guys, am i missing something?

Yes you are missing something, just like the 30 other people who asked that exact rhetorical question.

If you want a Beatles pinball machine - instead of the approximately 9 million other things on the planet you can spend $6k on - you’ll consider buying this Beatles pinball machine, even though - perhaps even BECAUSE - it’s not monster bash.

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Looks amazing for 3500 bucks!

Ridiculous!!!

For 3500 bucks I can buy a beat up transformers or a super nice Centaur!!

Am I missing something??????

#1416 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is the first modern Stern where the total production run is known.

Ha that’s true!

So...happy everybody?

#1422 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Treat this one like owning a boat. It is fun to use your buddy's that you didn't pay anything toward, but not worth the headache and depreciation hit of owning yourself.

So, exactly the same as every other NIB pinball machine on the market.

It does help to look at it that way!

#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Nothing really. It's just fun to bash those center drops from close range, with a (usually) safer carom after the shot.
I guess in theory you can shoot through the pops to the upper right target area.

YOu can also just hold that flipper up on a full plunge and take out some drops.

And, you can use the top left flipper to shoot through the pops and knock down some of the top right drops.

I did it yesterday! Super fun.

#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

If this machine was a Seawitch "remix" with the new added mechanisms, LCD screen, new code, updated artwork, etc, at $6500 it would be flying off the shelves in a "take my money now" fashion. The license is driving up the cost on this, we all know that. It would be interesting to see what the reaction would be to this approach to a "throwback" hybrid sort of game from stern WITHOUT the baggage and added cost of the Beatles license.
Frankly I think they killed it with the "remix" element to this machine. Take art and license off the table completely, this reimagining of Seawitch is going to be a blast to play and likely a hell of an evolution over the original. I love what they did here.
However I am not a Beatles guy, wont spend this kind of money and this is just not for me....
I will be awaiting the next Stern classic reimagining that hopefully remains faithful to the original theme.

I mean...it's not all or nothing.

You could just wait to play game on location, a show, or at a friend's place. The game doesn't have to be dead to you, like a cousin who welched on a loan!

#1438 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Wonder why they went for the standard cabinet and not the more retro-style one on Pabst Can Crusher. For a flat game I'd prefer the "glass close to the playfield" style of the retro cab, like Pabst and TNA. I guess they went with the modern cab because the retro-style cabinet wouldn't look good with the LCD screen?

I don't think anybody really wants to revisit anything about that project, which was not a success.

Maybe the contract job was for Pabst. Who knows if Pabst got rid of all of them.

#1447 5 years ago

They got Cousin Brucie? That's pretty awesome.

Much like Adam West, I sure hope they don't wait too long to get all those calls recorded!

#1516 5 years ago

So is pinside getting more hysterical or just dumber?

Tough to determine, but based upon the response to Tamoore's transparently sarcastic toss off post, I'm gonna go with a little of both.

#1519 5 years ago

I heard the gold edition will only contain one alphanumeric display and no LCD screen, and also won't have plastics over the slingshots!

"FOR $8000?!!? Stern is WORSE THAN HITLER!!!!"

#1521 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I heard that since everyone always complains about the quality of sterns pinballs that they are no longer included. You have to preorder yours from pinball life before you order the game to make sure you have some. Stern figured why pay for something you are just throwing away.

This is outrageous!!!!

Are there no boundaries to this Beatles scam?!?!?!?!?!?

????

?

#1522 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Reminded me of this VHS promo for Terminator 2 where video stores had to buy blocks of T2 WITH Drop Dead Fred. lol.
If you haven't seen this video it is both completely awesome and awful at the same time:

Nothing new in coin op. People always wonder how they managed to sell 5,000 Popeyes.

The fact that Williams was forcing distributors to buy it if they also wanted the latest Mortal Kombat had something to do with it.

#1539 5 years ago

The VOX amplifier speaker panels are so cool and a great touch!

#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

At the same time Stern seems to like to do things no one believes is possible true.

Like put out multiple titles a year, on a timely basis, not steal anybody's money, and do all of this consistently while also offering the least expensive commercial-grade pinball machines on the market!!!

I still don't know how they do it.

#1549 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That is a laughably low bar for any other business, for some reason in Pinball, that's considered a success.

Hey, Pinball is hard!

Stern just makes it look easy.

#1565 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I believe I could play any Seawitch era SS pin with Beatles blaring in the background and have the same experience.

I believe I can out run Adrian Peterson in the 50 yard dash. Doesn't make it so unfortunately.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

With the 4 posts before all about Levi I had to chuckle.

Ha I thought the same thing!

#1568 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know, that long run he had this week looked really slow and hobbled... But after re watching it a few times he is outunning people.

LMAO yeah...

all the comments I see are like "look how slow that old man is running!" while he outruns the entire Giants D. They did catch up at the end for a horse collar.

Apparently that's the longest TD run in the NFL by someone his age since Jim Thorpe did it in 1921. HOLY SHIT!

Oh yeah Beatles is gonna rule etc. etc. etc. It will be a markedly different playing experience than Seawitch, which is obvious to anybody who isn't just regurgitating the boilerplate from the reveal day posts.

#1570 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

The thing that really sucks here is the fact that Stern has made this a mandatory purchase.
I was hoping to pay in full for a pin that would never actually be manufactured, but Stern is forcing me to pay stupid money for an actual fun pinball machine. It’s just not fair.
Some of the long time collectors here can back me up. There was once was a time when you could simply pass on a pin that was not to your liking for a variety of reasons.
Now though, with mandatory purchasing in effect it’s impossible not to be upset... Nay, OUTRAGED by this machine. I don’t even WANT this pin, but I have to buy it. So, you can see why I’m so angry.
It’s just a question of which model they’re forcing me to buy. It has to be Platinum or Diamond, I guess. I’m not going to put the Peasant version in my arcade!

Good angle. I like it!

#1578 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If we all barrage their FB with 'as a pinball fan and beatles fan the art offends me' do you think they'll go back to the drawing board?

Only if you point out 350 times your wife agrees with you.

#1619 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

How can someone vote this down?
"Me hatez this facts! Let's downvote!" ?

LMAO

People do not like facts anymore.

#1632 5 years ago

Finally this thread is getting interesting!

So like, as I get older, does it really matter what I'm listening to? I can't imagine my ears can tell the difference between FLAC and a 320kb rip of a CD.

Generally, music sounds shittier than ever but I don't even notice. It's also more convinient than ever which I do notice.

I remember when we got a CD player in 1989 or so, and I was all "Mom, doesn't this sound amazing?!"

She said "all I care about is that I don't have to flip the record over anymore."

#1671 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Anyone want to talk about something other than the price and flipping these games?
Like any guesses on the LCD content? Will it be focused on Ed Sullivan appearances (they were on that show 9 times)?
Will there be a story line?

My guess is whatever it is we will all hate it.

Ideally there'd be clips from the movies, the Ed Sullivan show, news reel clips etc. but that seems like an awful lot of licensing hoops to jump through. So you are probably looking at something more in the Aerosmith vein.

So as usual, expect the worst, and if it isn't the worst, privately reflect on that with gratitude but still say you hate it.

There was an Ed Sullivan clip in the trailer so that seems promising.

#1679 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I love how you are beating this 'this game isn't selling' drum... before the game is even for sale.

I love how "distros making cold calls" is now supposed to be the benchmark of failure, when they did the exact same thing on the $15K Batman which of course sold out all 80 without breaking a sweat.

I love how the fact that distros who make a living selling pinball machines are trying to sell pinball machines is supposed to set off alarm bells.

I also love how the people who bang the "you are all shills!!!" drum louder and dumber than anybody else will type more bullshit than anybody else to further their own transparent and petty agenda.

There's so much to love around here!

#1681 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We do know that YOU ain’t buying one

You crack me up Iycman!

We do know that YOU aren't buying one either.

So why are you commenting on it? It's not allowed.

Even the bullshit is bigger in Texas.

#1687 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think your fellow New Yorker genius really doesn’t understand the pronunciation of “Levi”

We have morons in New York just like you do in Texas.

How they pronounce my name (Think "American Pie") is not my concern.

It sounds much better with a Texas Twang.

#1690 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Batman 66 Super LE was a dumb idea to many but in all fairness at least Stern included a lot of extras over the LE. Worth $15k still? That's up for debate.

I don't pretend to know what's going on behind the scenes with the big-money collectors, but you just don't see Batman SLEs up for sale publicly. Hard to say what they are "worth" but seems like people are holding on to them.

#1770 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont, but Pinside is obviously a very good indicator.

It's not. The entire premise of Vid's - and others' argument - is that there's an entire market out there beyond Pinside. That's been said for what seems like weeks now.

Obviously, if you don't agree with that premise, you'll say it's obvious that the pinside list is the only obvious indicator.

but obviously, others will disagree with you.

Obviously, we are all going to have to wait and see.

#1774 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Several people have said they like the pin but not at the price points being talked about. But AFAIK, every price I have read on here is BS (feel free to correct me if I am wrong).
So, what happens if the cheaper Gold edition comes in at a price that is below what is being floated around here? Will there be a stampede to buy? My experience is that those who bitch the loudest about how overpriced a product is are the ones who want it the most and can't afford it.
Let me add this thought while everybody is whining about the price (supposed price). Prices can always be lowered and rebates offered to the early buyers for compensation.

I was surprised to see Batman 66 Premium is going for $7600. Was that always the street price? For some reason I thought it was initially around $8500.

#1777 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's a terrible indicator.
People who don't even play pinball, but collect Beatles crap are going to buy it
Senior centers are going to buy it (not surprisingly 2 of the WOF I service are in senior living centers).
Out of my 100s of regular pinball clients, maybe 3 regularly look at pinside (and probably don't have an account to vote).
-
If you have a hard time thinking outside of your box, consider this:
MILLIONS of people own Ford Mustangs, yet only 33,000 belong to the Mustang forum.

I don't understand why people think polls and pinside lists are an "obvious" indicator of anything, besides what people who participate in polls and lists on pinside are doing or want people to think they are doing.

I would guess the majority of registered pinsiders participate in neither (I don't), and beyond that, all of the stuff Vid said.

#1782 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I Want You (She’s So Heavy) is still an awesome riff for that time period...deep and grungy. That song had better be in the game.

Great song but wouldn't fit the era they are pushing with this game. Even Drive My Car is kind of anachronistic to be in this game.

#1788 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

All of this news and input...this game just keeps getting better and better. It’s driving me mad...it’s driving me mad.

It’s getting better all the time.

#1794 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No wonder Paul used to beat his women and keep them away from loved ones.

Also the things that they loved.

He was a monster!

#1799 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

All those famous faces were just a signature away back then.
Now every one of them would demand payment.
Lennon wanted Hitler, but everyone else said no. Could have used his image for free today.

You could probably get sonny Liston cheap.

#1837 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Completely disagree. Pinside is only about 30% of typical LE buyers and much less on the pro side at about 20%. For Beatles I bet it is even less.

Dude, he said it was “obvious.” That alone should make you reconsider.

#1843 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sad that this supposedly ships next week and there's ZERO information about it on Kapow's website. Hasn't been updated for 2 years.
http://www.kapowpinball.com/home.html
Premium prices demand premium promotion (ask Supreme). This is not in the same universe.

Not sure why anybody would care about this.

Is Kapow's web site a popular source for pinball news and information? I didn't even think to wonder if Kapow had a web site.

Anybody interested in this product will be going to Stern or the Beatles.

People have plenty of legit things to question or criticize about this release but I think this might fall under the jurisdiction of “trying to hard too find things to complain about.”

#1845 5 years ago

Weird or not I doubt anybody besides you cares or even noticed.

Man the official release of this thing can’t come soon enough.

I wish more companies were releasing more games more often so we’d have more to talk about and less downtime.

#1848 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pinball News has a decent write up on the machine.

And yet on KaPow.com or whatever...nothing! It’s so sad!!!!

For some reason.

#1866 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Now that you mention it, there is a big loud ring that does sound like "sour grapes".

There’s a lot of

“This food is terrible. And such small portions!!!”

As well.

#1872 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Imagine that.

Imagine there's no Pinside
It isn't hard to do
No whining about Kapow's website
And no color bombing too

Imagine all the pinheads
Not complaining about everything under the sun

Woo-hooo-ooo

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
Maybe some day, you'll join us
And you'll stop bitching, and have some fun

#1875 5 years ago

I got more!

Imagine there's no companies
It's easy if you try
no pointless competition
and only dream themes to buy

Imagine a "man I wish they'd make this game" thread
Without Stern vs. JJP

eeee-eeeee

#1877 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Ehhhh... you should have stopped at verse 1 man....

yeah I beefed and was correcting, now I'll just give up!

Christ you guys are fast!

#1892 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He sounds very defensive though most of the podcast.

LMAO I wonder why. Probably doesn't have anything to do with the fact that pinside has pounced on this project like it's a seal with a propeller wound in a shark tank?

Hey did he address the biggest controversy of all about this project, his neglected website?

Screw it I'll find out myself and actually listen to a podcast for once. Sounds interesting.

#1898 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

He did say you "can" put a coin door on it, if you want.

He also says it has speech from all four beatles.

He also tells everybody to get a life and lighten up.

And he also employs a terrible cargument.

So pretty much what I expected. Thanks for the interview mates!

#1900 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Joe is in that zone. Not the best way to sell a struggling project.

I'm not sure how you people want him to react. YOU make it personal. You troll these guys endlessly.

Look at your language. "struggling product" lol

Do you realize how dumb that looks? Every one of your posts about this is laced with nonsense like that.

Multiply it by about 100. You guys want a reaction. So you got one. And now THAT is an irritant?

Take Joe's advice. Lighten up.

Quoted from Whysnow:

but I thought Pinside is not even remotely indicative of the greater pinball population???
now I am really confused.

It's indicative of Pinside. Which is what he's addressing.

You are so bad at this HIlton. If you are confused it's because logic isn't really your thing.

#1906 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

How popular are the Beatles today, not several decades ago.

Not at all popular. Last Pop Culture census report puts the number of Beatles fans worldwide at only 1,964.

Thankfully, they are all rich and buy all Beatles product, so I think Stern will be ok.

#1925 5 years ago

Has it really come to this? Someone trying to convince us “the Beatles aren’t popular?”

Holy Christ. Tomorrow can’t come soon enough!

#1936 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Local station use to have Breakfast with the Beatles every weekend, it went off the air around here at least 20 years ago and we are a stones throw from NYC.
And yes a Yellow Submarine theme pin would have been cooler, my kids will never forgive me for having them watch it.

Stop saying “stones throw” in a Beatles thread!!!!

Also you realize paul is a Very old, very rich man, and books shows for when and where he wants to play, right?

Paul Fuckin’ McCartney could book 365 nights a year if he wanted to. Comparing him to touring acts half his age and half as famous is as silly as saying the Beatles aren’t still popular.

Like you say, try to keep it in perspective.

#1991 5 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Post # 1928 & 1862 both have links to podcasts.
In both podcasts Joe sounded like he was Skyping from at least 10 years ago.

It's retro!

You know like making an 80s pin with 2010s technology for a game that's supposed to feel like it's from the 60s with drop target banks from the 70s!

#1996 5 years ago

I went to a cargument and a pinball discussion broke out!

#2003 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

stop encouraging

Psshhhhh

You macho alphas just can't handle that I'm a master beta.

#2014 5 years ago

I like the gold one, looks great. Clearly that's not leftover WWE mustard stock. Cool sparkle on the apron as well. Game looks much nicer with these hi res pics (shocker!)

Although the Diamond one with authentic signatures by all four beatles looks great. Who knew Yoko could do a John Hancock?

#2018 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

NO FARKING COIN DOOR!!!!!!!

Yeah you gotta pay extra for one, as per Kamikow! What do you think, 200 bucks maybe?

#2025 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I didn’t hear him say that. My distro assured me it would have a coin door yesterday.

In his Aussie interview he said "it's an option. If you want one you'll get one, if you don't need one you won't get one."

Who knows...I took it to mean it's an "option." Guess we'll find out shortly.

#2037 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've heard $7600 shipped for gold edition.

If true that's really not bad.

But, as proven in every single MBr thread, Stern would do well to say it's $7300 since apparently nobody here counts shipping as part of the cost of a pinball machine.

#2043 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With a shipped price of $7600 for the gold edition that matches the Batman 66 premium shipped price. Which of those two games offers more value? Features wise both actually seem pretty comparable. Batman 66 though will likely always have more code and depth compared to Beatles which in my opinion adds a lot to the "value" factor.

True, but none of that helps people who would prefer a Beatles pin.

#2055 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Distro pays 7k, sells to you for $5600 at a $1400 loss just because they like you that much.

What else can ya say, he's a charmer!

#2057 5 years ago

Hey, I'd like to throw out there that if ANY distros (sorry guys, my big city NYC alpha male life is just so damn happening I got no time to type out "distributors" in full) want to sell me a Beatles - ANY VERSION - for the 2002 regular Stern pro pricing of around $3,800, I'm in. If you want to reach out, you know how to find me. Willing to sign NDA and not disclose price or your info so nobody gets in trouble with big papa.

I have games for possible trade or straight cash.

#2060 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My reaction to this pin
[quoted image]

Well that's just like, your opinion man.

#2064 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Is there room for 4-ball multi on a Seawitch layout? What are the other 3 balls doing during MB mode? Slamming into each other off the flips?

I have played both F-14 and Centaur and I can confirm that a 4 (or 5!) ball multiball is possible on a single-level pinball layout.

#2075 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

They should missed a perfect Beatles song for the demo.
[quoted image]

That's not a Beatles song, it's a cover. "Can't Buy Me Love" works here for your purposes!!!

#2121 5 years ago

LOL at the previous 2120 posts in this thread...

These things are going to sell out easier than the eggs I had for breakfast.

Ok, on to bitching about the Munsters and how much better it would have been if JJP or Deep Root made it...

#2129 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

But, but...this game isnt for Pinside!! Stern said so

This is so cute, and it gets funnier, wittier, and more incisive everytime someone types it!

The game isn't LIMITED to pinside, Stern said so. Which is why several hundred premium versions are sold already:

beat (resized).jpgbeat (resized).jpg
#2140 5 years ago

Man this is the most disappointing release day ever!

Virtually zero new information or anything new to bitch about. Fewer posts here than ever!

I think these early release parties are gonna be the new normal. Let Pinside have its meltdown and then get on with the actual business of selling the pinball machine two weeks later. Pretty smart strategy actually.

Once again, Stern is leading the way! Let's see if everybody else adopts this plan or sticks with the usual official announcement and then ship the game a year later model.

#2144 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sounds vaguely ominous -- egg shortage in NYC?

Over-easier!

#2154 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

you can tell when a new pin sucks when the discussion turns to cars

So every game ever made sucks?

#2220 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't believe T2 has any drop targets, just stationary standup targets.

It has one drop target. And I'm pretty sure it's not controlled! (you hit it, it falls down, it resets when it's time).

#2225 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is a hilarious statement, maybe T2 has one drop under the skull so I’m sure you are correct but the statement is hilarious because I think you knew that. [quoted image]

We all know he was joking!

Now let's move on to more serious matters.

Our long, international nightmare continues. STILL NO UPDATES ON KAPOW'S WEB SITE!!!

I'm pretty sure this means Stern will go under this financial quarter. They simply aren't going to move any Beatles with this kind of lackluster promotion.

#2231 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I expect better from Pinside!

I find that hard to believe.

#2278 5 years ago

“Hey dipshit!!! You suck!! You suck!!!” - for two weeks.

“My, a little touchy, aren’t we?!”

#2282 5 years ago

It’s only $7200?

For a game with 4 flippers, spinners, and a shitload of drops?

What’s everybody whining about?

#2297 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pindicks are always crying like bitches, before they have even played a game.
They are just sad sub-humans with no joy in their lives.

I thought it was a great (and accurate) come back.

What was the mark up on the game?
I did not see the BOM, licensing and production costs posted. Link?

timing was spot on there!!!

LOL!

#2299 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Vid, do you mind if I use "Pindick" for the name of a mod I'm working on?

Wow! So you mean 500 witty pinsiders are finally gonna be able to live their dream of "This game better fuck me for that price!!!"

#2338 5 years ago

And who is paying Fripp to whine endlessly about this? The Deep Root Guy? The same person who is paying him to worship overrated prog rock bores like King Crimson? BOOOOOM!

Everybody's on someone's payroll around here if you haven't noticed. Everybody here has been accused of shilling/fanboying someone or something.

#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Dude, you're just trying to deflect the fact that the Steve Kirk estate has been financing you to talk up stars for years.

Stars sells itself!

#2343 5 years ago

Nobody is forgetting that boring pretentious shit!!!!

He did some nice work with David Bowie, but then, who didn't? Bowie could get a legendary performance out of carrot top.

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

No, but it should have a built in glory hole so you get something in return......

Sweet!!

You are the 10,000th pinsider to make a joke about how you should be able to have sexual intercourse with an expensive pinball machine for it to be worth the money!

What does he win bob?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Except a commendation for his rapier wit and originality.

#2388 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Your comments about those comments (and "carguments") have reached the point of, "We get it, we read it the first time you posted it."

And your constant posts whining about my posts have also been noted.

My posts and your posts about my posts will have to continue unabated however as long as sex with pinball machines and carguments are part of the daily discourse here.

Does it really not bother you that people want to have sex with expensive pinball machines? Isn't that fucking weird?! It raises so many troubling issues!

1. Why is the FIRST THING your average pinsider thinks about when faced with the dilemma of an expensive pinball machine is "wow, for that money, I should be provided with sexual pleasure?"

2. How would Stern even provide the means for someone to have sex with their pinball machine? Should they install a fleshlight? Or are we talking about somehow bioengineering these things? Either way it's bizarre.

3. Does ANYBODY read one of these posts and think "wow! That's hilarious!!! I guess it WOULD make it worth the money if I could have sex with my pinball machine!

4. Don't most people here have various non-mechanical options for sex? If so why do they all want to screw their pinball machines?

I'm just asking questions!

#2477 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

"This is my Beatles pinball machine for when I have to poop!"

A couple friends of mine - brothers - lived near eccentric guitar hero Ritchie Blackmore on Long Island when they were kids. They were friends and neighbors, and had an arrangement to “look after his house” when he was on tour.

They’ve got plenty of good stories, but here’s one that may resonate with this this crowd.

Ritchie it seems had two identical ms. Pac
Man machines in his large home. One was in his bedroom, one was downstairs in the living room. Ritchie apparently
Loved playing ms pac-man.

So at one point, one of the kids gets up the courage to ask Ritchie why he has two identical ms pac man games.

“Some days I just never leave my bedroom and go downstairs, mate.”

#2526 5 years ago

So wait, it's a pinball machine?!

I almost forgot amidst all the hubaloo. Looks like a ton of fun to me.

#2545 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone see the multi balls or the rumored wizard stuff? Does it keep high scores for songs/modes?

I'm guessing a trade show floor isn't really the best place to spot wizard modes.

The guy in the above video barely understands the concept of flippers.

#2552 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wow. Has even more "screaming teenage girl" audio than I would have guessed.

It's "Beatlemania" so not really a surprise.

The old school "game of skill 1-4 can play" is a really nice touch and tribute to Gottlieb.

#2565 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love the artwork and the LCD.
Said it from day one, the LCD is a game changer and Stern is implementing it beautifully!

Break out the kneepads!

The LCD is a balancing act. IDeally, manufacturers need to be able to develop LCD content that's interactive, serves the game, looks good, and doesn't slow development down to a crawl. From what I've seen looks like good balance on this title.

#2569 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Guy on the left. Doesn't understand the concept that the ball is automatically served up and keeps adding a player after each ball. It starts off as a 1 player game but he turns it into a 4 player game after each ball is played.
SMH

Did he get the Wizard mode?

#2580 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

This machine looks really fun.
Is it $8K worth of fun??? What a ridiculous question. Am I going to buy it for $8K and then sell it for ZERO dollars when I’m done with it?!!
I will be buying a Beatles pin. It will be fun. I will be happy. One day I may sell it. I may lose some money. I may make some. I’ll bet you Eight Thosand Dollars that I don’t lose EIGHT THOUSAND Dollars!!!

That's a good point really.

Is it worth $1k of fun? Cause worst case that's what you'll lose when you sell it in a 2 months. Or a year. Etc.

Most likely, you are looking at about a $500 hit when you open the box which ain't much. And if they really do sell out and become difficult to find because the vast majority are stashed in a living room somewhere, never to be seen again until an estate sale, you won't lose even that.

#2611 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Man... Iceman approved. That should sell quite a few! They should seriously give you a discount for coming around on this one haha.

If that’s the case I better fucking get one for free!!!!

Hey I’m happy for the iceman. You know what’s more fun than hating something? Enjoying it!!

Can’t wait to play the game myself. Any day now.

#2613 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You and Vid deserve a free Diamond!

My thing was never OMG THIS GAME LOOKS LIKE THE BEST THING EVER it was just “shut the Fuck up and let’s see how this turns out.”

I think it’s turning out to be pretty cool. We’ll see when it hits the streets.

#2635 5 years ago

One justified complaint on most new Stern games is it's hard to see the score.

Even the four-player looks great here with the reels. Excellent design choice here, especially considering the target audience. Regardless, they should continue to prioritize player-friendly score visuals.

#2660 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It has changed one persons opinion and I personally am pretty disappointed in ICEMAN. I thought he was going to stand his ground on being against this money grab BS and constant schilling by distributors on here about how hype every game is, how 2000 is limited, and how you 'better buy now or miss out'.

A man on an island is truly a lonely man

Also it's "shill." You should know that if you are going to accuse every single member of Pinside of doing it, all the time, while constantly having to defend yourself of the same charges (ie: Alien, Spooky et al)

#2663 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol...
you do realize that to be a schill you need to actually gain some benefit from doing so. e.g. these distributors on here hyping are making big bucks on this Beatles schilling. Each one sold is likely netting them $1500+

What is it with this "Schilling" nonsense?

You a big red sox fan?

shill
/SHil/
informal•North American
noun
noun: shill; plural noun: shills

an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.
a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest.
"a megamillionaire who makes more money as a shill for corporate products than he does for playing basketball"

verb
verb: shill; 3rd person present: shills; past tense: shilled; past participle: shilled; gerund or present participle: shilling

act or work as a shill.

#2669 5 years ago

Look, I understand Why snow is upset. It sucks to be abandoned in a crusade.

Where would Thelma have been without Louise?

Or Sigfried without Roy?

Or Alvin without G?

When a great partnership dissolves, it sucks. I too am surprised by Iceman's betrayal, but it really was never about the partnership.

it was about the game! Iceman changed his mind but Hilton shouldn't take it personally. There's still others who hate the Beatles, even if they aren't quite as passionate. You'll find a NEW Iceman, Hilton! Just stay the course and stick to your guns.

#2671 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You're a scrappy operator counting every dollar. He's a collector looking to spend his dollars to have fun. Different equation when you turn your hobby into a jobby.

But the operator equation isn't really that different, is it? He can route a game like Beatles and sell it in two years for close to what he paid for it.

#2676 5 years ago

Oh yeah, that's just what Stern WANTS you to think.

how do we know the game comes with working coin mechs?!

#2680 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I like the Beatles and it looks fun. I personally cant afford 8k for a gold that i think will take a 1500 drop on the secondary (if I ever sold, which I very rarely do).

Do you REALLY believe that?

What was the last Stern game to take a $1500 drop? WWELE? Xmen LE?

It's extremely uncommon. These games are not going to be trading at 6500 in a year. No freakin' way.

In the end, it will turn out to be a sought after collectable. I doubt they depreciate much, if at all.

#2681 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is there a photo of how it shows all 4 scores?

Killer, eh? You can actually easily read all 4 scores! And they said it couldn't be done.

4pl (resized).jpg4pl (resized).jpg

#2683 5 years ago

A small nitpick from me - going with the "simulated EM reels," I think they should have laid off the score inflation. Make it 6 digit scoring instead of 8. Coming from an EM guy, All those zeros looks funny.

#2692 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well Levi, I was going to tell you that Stern started the 7-digit scoring with Big Game and carried on through to Seawitch that also has 7-digit scoring. So, why not just make Beatles 7-digit scoring like Seawitch.
But you got me to thinking about something I never really paid attention to. I turned on all my 7-digit Sterns and, lo and behold, the units digit never comes off of zero. You can have scores such as 10,20, 30, ect. But you will never have scores like 11,21,31, or 43 or 75, etc.
So, in reality, Seawitch is a 6-digit pin. I suppose Beatles could drop the units digit ( your pic shows all scores with zero in the units position) and turn into a 7-digit pin. But in this day and age, no one does anything with pennies except toss them into a jar. So, a 6-digit pin sounds reasonable.
I had an EM Sonic Cherry Bell with 6-digit scoring. However, the units and tens digits were static. And while you might have thought your score was 999,900, they reality is the score reel was a 4-wheel assembly so your real, reel score was 9,999.
Stacking the score with static zeros a waste.
Nice observation, Levi.

Right. Except for a couple oddball woodrails, EM reels maxed out at 6 in the 1970s. So an 8-reel simulated EM scoring is kind of funky.

#2750 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

This thread should be pinned so new people can understand the Pinside Progression.
1. Stern releases teaser
2. Frothy hateful bile spews forth
3. “I will never buy this [overpriced/ugly] game and Stern should personally apologize to me for existing”
4. People play game
5. “Oh that looks fun, Stern take all my monies”

It's like groundhog day but funnier.

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've played Pabst Can Crusher at Flippers Tavern in Lubbock. I wouldn't put it in the Beatle's category BUT
To your point, the "novelty" of any pin wears off at some point.
That's why this pin is a good mix for my collection. It's not gonna be the epic TWD, BM66 type journey that Lyman creates.
Just a fun flipper and "beer drinker" with great tunes.

One of the MANY problems with that project was that they based the layout on an awful 50s multiplayer.

Why did they do that?! Nobody made any good multiplayers till the 60s.

Really nothing about that game made any sense at all. It's an interesting concept but a dumb game with dumb rules.

I have it on good authority that the designers made around 17 cents in royalties on WHoa Nellie. Not kidding!

#2768 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If your gif was animated I might get your point. Unless they changed a setting and I have to enable it now?
EDIT: Nope...now whom's disappointing?!
Bill Paxton, finally something we can all agree on.

I still have no clue how to post a fucking gif here. Anybody want to school me?

#2773 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Does Gomez get credit for the design tweaks? Who did the code?!

Code was farmed out.

Hint: More Cowbell!

#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that does not bode well for getting any sort of updates (1.04 or not, they will be needed after games are delivered and people get plays to find the bugs)

Yeah I don't follow that logic, but then that's a common thread as I try to process your thinking!

Stern has "regular" contract guys who have worked for them many times over many years on many ongoing projects. It's not a guy in India they'll never see again.

Again, people need to remember what separates the big boys like Stern from everybody else. More resources and more existing relationships with more experienced people; that's what it takes to have double-digit pinball machines in production and development at any given time. Nobody else can come close.

#2788 5 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

thelaw You use "who" and "whom" correctly for the most part. Others, not so much.

TO WHOM ARE YOU REFERRING?!

#2793 5 years ago

Sweet!

I was saving this for a Queen thread but may as well bust it out given my general view of Pinside's BOM and pinball industry experts...

DizzyIndolentHydra-size_restricted.gifDizzyIndolentHydra-size_restricted.gif

#2840 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep. I was shocked they sold even one 10 pack. But that party has apparently ended.

Lmao

Yup. Its all over. Again. For the 678th time this thread.

All I know is I hope all stern invoices are paid up. We don’t want another dodgy situation here when they go tits up next week.

#2879 5 years ago

Has Kapow’s web site been updated yet?!?!

When is stern going to address heightgate?!?!?!

#2919 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

When it was at the show Stern had two next to one another. They were not in a line up with older titles. I did see the picture next to a ghostbusters pro and there seemed to be a difference but from what i'm told in person it is not that shocking in a Stern lineup. The pin is the exact same size cabinet body and head as every other stern. Apparently the leg bolts are at a different position so it sits slightly lower in height. Topper would help this issue. Game looks amazing in person. Plays, feels and looks outstanding!

That’s what THEY want you to think.

Why hasn’t Stern addressed Heightgate? What else are they hiding?!

It’s no wonder the Beatles store is having trouble moving these things!!! Beatles fans demand accountability and also tallness.

#2931 5 years ago

I just checked Kapow’s website: nothing about the height of the game nor any Beatles info in fact.

Makes you wonder what we are paying this Kapow guy for!!!!!!!!

!!!

#2967 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Thanks Rudy and Buffalo pinball for restoring my faith. Game play looks FUN! The redesigned loop shots are easier now. I saw Rudy hit the left loop with the bottom right flipper. I know Jon from Jackbar is picking one up, I hope Sunshine Laundromat gets one as well.

Sunshine is getting at least two LOL. One a Diamond.

Seriously.

#2992 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

from experience, it would be hard pressed to better than many of those titles.
I hear lots of people bag on JJP games on route and say they are too complex for player, but reality is that JJP games function largely like classic B/W games. They wont be your biggest earner out of the gate, but they are steady, solid players, and always in to top 30% of games. In other words they tend to be worth it over the long run.
Stern games in opposition make a big splash the first few month/s and then tend to drop off quickly after the general player base is on to the next new shiny object. The rarity is a Stern that does well over the longer term.

Then why are you buying new games at all? Why not just do all EMs and early Digitals? These games are dirt cheap and will pay for themselves in a few months according to your business model. Why spend $3,000 on a seawitch when you can get a Toledo for $500, or a Buck Rogers for $800?

Or is Seawitch just a huge earner?

#2998 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

TLDR version, we know you struggle with math so I can explain it below.
More appropriate version >>>in short, this is a hobby.
It takes LOTS of time to rebuild and get any game route ready. The older the machine the longer it often takes and more effort/skill. However, I also take pride in offering these games up to be played. How often will you see a Seawitch on route to be played? (I see 10 on the map... and only 1 of those is actually open to the public each day)
We have ~50 games on route at 5 locations and have done this all as a hobby in the past 5.5 years. We put it all right back in to the growth of the hobby.
Gotta be smart with what you get but also have the ability to make dumb decisions for the fun of pinball sometimes.
You need to understand that Beatles at 8000 will likely do the same as the next Pro at 5500. That is your simple answer from an economics standpoint.
Pro makes $1600 and then you sell it in a year for less depreciated value that the beatles. Say 5k sale price. That gets you back to a 20% return for the up front cost. With a NIB game you still have work put in to get it set up and keep it running, but less effort then a full rebuild of an old game.
Time/Effort/Up front cost all go in to a decision like that.

This actually makes a lot more sense and is more coherent than I thought it would be.

but bottom line is old games don't make money on location. I think your $8,000 Beatles is a better investment on route than your hypothetical $3,000 Seawitch. I also think you are underselling the money you get back from your nicely routed Beatles in 2 years if you and your customers get tired of it. I bet it's worth $6500 or more.

Your average Stern pro is also worth more than you think it is. You could sell a nice pro Deadpool off route in $4,000 easy, and that's probably an undersell. And that Seawitch will be losing value too. It has little value to most operators.

#3018 5 years ago

Vic reminds me of that guy who was camped out in the basement for 6 weeks endlessly reporting the steadily dwindling box office receipts of the Ghostbusters remake.

Surely you have more to offer us Vic!

#3025 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I saw this at the IAPPA Expo a couple of weeks ago. The playfield was littered with pock marks — it looked like The Beatles were performing on the surface of the moon. No way of knowing how much play it had seen, of course. But meanwhile, over at Chicago Gaming Co's booth, the Monster Bash tables all looked flawless.
I'm a Beatles fan, I had posters hanging up in my room as a kid, but I'm not sure how I feel about this one. 50 years too late, I guess. "Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four?" Probably not.

It almost sounds as if it was covered with DIMPLES!!!!

#3037 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

They sold another one. 5 golds left.

Man, if people are actually buying these at $2,000 over face at the Beatles Store because they are too lazy to google, imagine how many are selling at $8,000 to internet savvy types!!!

This thing must be selling like hot cakes from Stern distributors!!!

#3046 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Bottom line is that price is too high for 95% of pinheads to even consider this game.
Does look fun but not $7999 fun.

Man this thread is turning into a runaway sewer of fake data punctuated by a detour into dimple
Land. I love it!

Let me add my own fake data point: pretty sure that greater than 5 percent of
The people in this actual thread have either bought Beatles or are “considering it.”

My made up data beats your 95 percent.

#3125 5 years ago

Kapow!!

Sunshine in Brooklyn.

5AD49A51-4A35-4CB6-ABBB-3914A64C587B (resized).jpeg5AD49A51-4A35-4CB6-ABBB-3914A64C587B (resized).jpeg
#3127 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sweet! looks like they got two?

At least lol.

And he already has a Deadpool LE.

Dude is nuts! For pinball!

#3149 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Just setup and played a Gold, about what I expected really, not a lot of bad things to say about it, and would consider it a decent value if it was $4K, I'll just leave it at that.

It would be an even better value if it was $3K!

I cannot even fathom the value if it was $2K!

I mean I could, but it would be insane. Do I hear $1K?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!

Holy shit, I just had a thought so crazy it could get me committed...

Can you imagine the value if it were $200?!?!?!?!

Somebody pinch me!

#3151 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Now you're just being obtuse, you know exactly what I mean, and quite frankly you're blind defending of this "project" is getting really old and tiresome.

Hearing people say "This game would be a great value at $4K!" is also getting old and tiresome. We've read that like 500 times and I really don't see the point.

You know the game is $8K, right? You know we will never see a NIB Stern - or any other brand for that matter - for anywhere near $4k again, as long as we live, right?

#3153 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Where is the crazylevi gameplay review?

As soon as I play it. Could be weeks I'm a busy guy and Brooklyn is far, far away!

I'm not too busy to make up imaginary prices for Beatles and then assign values to those imaginary prices the game will never actually be priced at for the sake of nothing.

#3156 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Lol ......
It's all I think of when someone uses that word.
[quoted image]

Yeah I'm wondering if there's a single person on the internet who ever used that word before they saw that movie.

#3158 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Of course I know what it costs, and people have every right to say that it is a decent game but WAY overpriced, because it's the truth, sorry you can't seem to understand that.

Great! So say you think it's WAY overpriced. That's your opinion and you have a right to it.

Employing the tired old "It would be a good value at $4k" gambit not only shows a lack of creativity, it also shows a complete lack of understanding of the pinball business, and what it takes for a company to stay in business while turning a profit and churning out a dozen machines in production at a time. There is not a single company selling NIB games for $4k or anywhere near it, and there hasn't been for about 5 years and there likely never will again, regardless of how many ramps the game does not have.

So you may as well say "If Beatles had 4 wheels and an engine I could drive it to work," or "If beatles were made solely of beef and perhaps some soy filler, it could form the foundation for a magnificent cheeseburger!"

#3163 5 years ago

You guys are all being so obtuse!!!

#3166 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no it won't
speaking from experience multiple times over. In the past, you could even sell a well maintained Stern Pro for more than you purchased it for.
MSRP has steadily gone up each year and people have been happy to pay secondary market prices on 2-3yo pins that are only a small amount less than CURRENT NIB prices. That means the inflated NIB has helped prop up the secondary on slightly older games.
Granted with saturation of the market as more and more new titles arrive and at a quicker pace... that seems to be changing.

Great. So why are we supposed to accept your proclamation that you make money on routed Stern pros and Beatles will lose 20 percent of its value? Sounds like a whole lot of the usual Hilton Horseshit to me.

You just love tossing these numbers salads and hoping we all just get bored of trying to sort through the cabbage. Over and over and over again.

#3173 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

data has shown that the higher the original sale price the father the initial decline on resale.
Look at countless LEs and Premiums. Let us know when you are tired of schilling and want to back to the table and talk like a normal person.

Schilling is not a word.

Shilling is a word. As in "Hilton's endless shilling for Alien and Predator helped these enterprises steal money from countless pinsiders."

You do not talk like a normal person. All you do is make up numbers and "alternative facts."

That's why it's pretty impossible to have a coherent discussion with you.

#3192 5 years ago

Lol @ “international celebrity.”

If you can come up with 400 bucks you can afford a pinball machine, just like me when I got into it.

All this bellyaching about games more expensive than that is just ridiculous. Nobody is entitled to a collectible game with a top-end license.

It’s like deep root says: every pinball needs a family! Go get you one and stop yer whining!!!

#3197 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think your way wrong here and if I’m not mistaken the words Kapow/Stern used during the various streams was almost complete code.
Have to tell you in the last day alone there are multiple operators on the record having bought several of these.
I’m not believing the naysayers as far as not selling and according to my distributor, I was really surprised how many golds they have sold in a rather short amount of time considering the cost.

People like Vic want everyone to believe they are struggling to sell a Gold a week and people like me want everyone to believe the run is completely sold out to distributors already.

Truth of course is likely in between.

All I know is there will surely be more accusations of people being obtuse before this one is over!

#3202 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quoting the geniuses Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger...."The price is what you pay, the value is what you get"
Think about it. Might be tough for some of you

Now you are just being obtuse!

#3233 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

If looking out for yourself is sitting around hoping pinball prices drop, so you can afford them more easily then I would find another plan ASAFP.

These economic fantasies always crack me up.

You know what happened to pin prices during the last recession in 2008 or so?

Nothing. Nobody dumped their collections for pennies on the dollar or panic sold. I guess prices stopped rising for a couple years, and it seemed to me there was a general slowdown in games trading hands. Whoopie.

Pinball people - not a shocker here - are stubborn, prideful, and emotional. Most would rather burn their pinball machine for firewood to heat up rheir house than sell it for thousands or even hundreds less than they paid for it.

And you know what you say - a recession is when your neighbor sells their pinball machine cheap. A depression is when YOU sell your pinball machine cheap.

If that happens we are all gonna have bigger worries than trying to finally snag that Addams family for $3500.

#3341 5 years ago

Hey I finally played some Beatles last night!

Cool layout, lots to shoot at, and difficult. 4 player games were running super fast but It looked like rubbers were off the outlanes posts (Bless your heart sunshine laundromat), not sure if that's factory. Doesn't seem to be much to the rules, it's all pretty straightforward. Would like to see a possible earned multiball in the game beyond the 2-ball mode and the wizard mode I didn't get.

I don't get involved in discussions of "value" or which exact price point i would consider it a "fair value" as those discussions are stupid and like most of you I'm not buying one anyway. It's fun. What do ya want. It's a pinball machine. Buy one or don't, play one or don't, whine about it or don't.

When's the next game coming out?

#3345 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I want to know how it felt vs classic sterns with thinner flippers and more ability to trap the ball and what seems to be a bigger area betwixt the flippers and slings.
Thanks.

It didn't feel anything like a classic Stern. Probably cause it's a game made 40 years later by a different company! It certainly felt like a Stern game built in 2018. Snappy, solid "build quality" and a fully-realized "world under glass." I had no trouble trapping the ball. But game times seemed very short in my groups.

Also I have determined that this game is really fun but it's actually value is placed at $4212.16 and NOT A PENNY MORE! I mean I'd buy it in a second for $3706. But at $8000? NO WAY MAN!!!!

#3349 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I think I’ve only finished all the modes twice, so the depth is balanced somewhat by the brutalities of the layout! .

Seems like the trick to do that is to get as many EBs as you can by going for the drops during the modes.

#3355 5 years ago

It’s pretty cool. Go play one!

I think it would be a better game with the rubbers installed On the outlane posts.

#3375 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Fun but not enough fun for 8 k[quoted image]

What a novel and insightful statement that we haven’t heard anyone say yet except for 40 people.

Thanks for blowing our minds by telling us that it’s fun but not 8K worth of fun.

What is the exact cash value of fun you put on it? Was it worth $1 for 3 balls?

#3403 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

For anyone who has just jumped on to this thread, here's a summary of the last 3400 posts about the Beatles pin:
1. It looks great
2. It sounds good
3. It plays well and is a lot of fun
4. Operator owners are happy with it
5. Enthusiast owners are happy with it
6. The playfield design mirrors, and has made improvements on, a good older game
7. Stern are in the pinball business to make money and have priced it accordingly
8. It is expensive and there's a lot of people in this world who can't afford one
[quoted image]

You left out

9. It’s fun but I wouldn’t pay 8K for it

1 month later
#3477 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

What's your source?

Same place all his nonsense comes from.

His ass.

Is there anybody else here who constantly, Day after day, just makes bullshit up and presents it as fact?

I can’t think of anyone.

3 weeks later
#3558 5 years ago

I can't believe Hilton still hasn't figured out how to spell shill.

Well yes, I actually can believe it.

#3580 5 years ago

More action here than in the Munsters threads, months after the game’s release

Clearly this is a huge hit and people can’t get enough of Beatles! When was the last time a new release thread went this strong for this long?! Based upon the official Hilton Fake Made Up Pinside Metrics system this game might be Stern’s best selling boutique model ever?!

Nice work Stern!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.