(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #343 No more speculation... Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #2200 Podcast with information on the game, including pricing. Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, this should be about the psychedelic, LSD and other drug induced, anti establishment years.

Only if you are a hippy dipshit.

The older shit has the balls of the band, when they worked Hamburg for hours, slept on the floor, cursed and spat on stage, gave away future million dollar contracts for a couple of pitchers of beer, and played for German gangsters. That's what made band. The first album recorded in hours, with Lennon's voice so shot that all he could do was scream, and yet it turned into a timeless classic still played today. When they played together as a band on stage and on the recordings. When they took other people's shitty ass B-sides from America and made them into timeless classics as a fucking joke. Where they played in dives so bad their art house friends were in fear of attending.

Boy band material? I don't think so. Go watch the only video from the Cavern when Ringo was with them for days and show me a boy band that can rocks like that. No one could touch them back then.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow, sounds aboot as edgy as *nsync dropped 'Bye Bye Bye,' i think they were drinking beer then too....crazy.

That's ...deep?

2 weeks later
#119 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We get it, you're super old; congrats on still being alive.
I'll give McCarteny Eleanor Rigby, and of course half of Day in the Life.
SGT peppers aint bad and that's one I hadn't accounted for, and I'll throw in little help from friends.
The rest of everything he's ever made is just blah, meh, or whatever boring word you wan't to use. So 4.5 out on that many albums... I think Harrison has more; And of course Lennon is a master, no argument there.

What Lennon songs impressed you?

1 week later
#127 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Many; just such a dynamic writer; eXpecially when compared to the old ho hum everyday man McCartney stuff.
Anything from Norwegian Wood to all of his Sgt Pepper, his Abby rd stuff is good.

Besides Come Together, what material on Abbey Road is good?

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You're kidding right? How about every song! One of the best albums of all time. Guess you really don't like the Beatles.

That Lennon wrote? Sorry, but I think Abbey Road is his weakest contribution, but he had basically quit the band by that time. Harrison and McCartney had to step up again.

1 week later
#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I agree however maybe they are trying to tie the theme and era of band to that era of pinball with some modernization of sound and video.

If that's the case they picked the wrong decade.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Lennon wrote Come Together, She's So Heavy, Mr. Mustard, Because and Polythene Pam. The band was breaking up but he is all over that album which many consider (including me) the best Beatles album. He quit just before it was released, not before it was created.
Hate on the Beatles but at least get your facts right.

You'll never find a bigger Beatles fan than I.

Having said that, Abbey Road isn't their best album IMO and it is probably one of Lennon's weaker contributions. Come Together is great, but the rest is all sub par. The two Harrison songs ground it and (finally) outshine the Lennon/McCartney compositions.

Nowhere near as good as John's contributions on any earlier album, except maybe Let it Be, although now that I think of it that had Dig a Pony and Across the Universe.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It has been reported that it will not be based on yellow submarine.

I would imagine it would be similar to Rock Band to the theme, design, etc.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah I think Rock Band was able to use like 45 of their songs spanning all eras of Beatles. Plenty that I like on that list.
Narrow it down to 8-12 songs as that seems to be what Stern generally puts in a game. Tough!

Rock Band was actually pretty good. The I am the Walrus intro was very well done alone.

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,Yelosub.is not a Beatles Movie ! Sir Pauls Music, away from the Beatles ,would have no bearing on a Beatles pin! MJ bought the Beatles commercial song Book,so they would have to go through his estate wouldn't they?? SO,a Pin based on some early work makes sense!!!!

There was an agreement of some sorts on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jul/04/beatles-song-rights-dispute-paul-mccartney-and-sony-atv-work-it-out

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What would be the significance of 1964?

Beatlemania.

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

275 songs total. Unless it has a rule set similar to JJPoTC or The Hobbit, I’m not sure how to incorporate 50-100 songs. If it has 20 songs I’d be surprised.

Around 213 originals with another 69 being covers, even more if you consider the BBC songs. Not all of their originals were released or recorded by them.

1 week later
#627 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yes the color scheme is rather feminine. The artwork execution is horrible too.
They might as well have put Yoko's face in the middle ala AC/DC Angus.

Give Yoko a break already...

Horrible art package. I can't believe Apple approved this, although it's interesting the two living Beatles are front and center.

#653 5 years ago

Gotta admit the spinning record is cool, but too bad it wasn't an Parlaphone or Capital label.

#671 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

That has to be the only picture in the world of the Beatles playing where Ringo is in the front on the drums!

Yep, very unusual. Lennon/McCartney usually in the foreground with George a step back. The cover of Rock and Roll Music would have been great.

#825 5 years ago

In looking at it a bit closer, there are some interesting images (Lennon and McCartney together at the top), which are pretty cool.

So If I do pick this up, do I need to sell my Seawitch?

#860 5 years ago

I'll probably be landing this so it will go up at some point.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

#892 5 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Damn, why did they go with the moptop era? I am a huge Beatle fan,.... give me the dirty, hippie Beatles.

That was 2 years before this when they played for German gangsters, drug addicts, and prostitutes.

#905 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I think I’ll stick with the Franchi art

I think the point was this is what could have been...

The last 60 seconds are perfection IMO...

#909 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They're probably releasing this show reel a couple of weeks early via the Beatles official merchandise portal, asking for expressions of interests, and seeing how Pinside / other forums react, and polling distributors to see how many expressions of interests & deposits are taken.
Because ... they haven't set a final price yet. Based on the above data, they'll set the highest price they think they can get away with, and I'm sure they're hoping they can get away with $50k for the Diamond SKUs.

If it's on the Beatles merchandise site, they (Stern) don't care about Pinside.

1 week later
#1636 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

As your CDs get older, they are collecting more micro-scratches, so they probably do sound worse (let alone any bitrot in the aluminum vapor coating).
On headphones you can certainly hear the difference between MP3 and FLAC.
In your 2000 era noisy truck, maybe not so much.
FLACs are also available in much higher bitrates than CDs.
So while CDs only have 44 khz bitrate, FLACs are availble in over 320 khz.
Those hi-rez files are NOT ripped from CD, and must be recorded on better equipment than the 1978 computer processors could have done.

None of that shit matters. Once you get tinnitus from listening to all the crap we have over the years and seen umpteen concerts without protection, you can't hear shit anymore anyway except the constant ringing that never goes away. Can't count how many people I know over 50 that have it.

#1808 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also the things that they loved.
He was a monster!

Man he was mean, but he's changing his scene.

2 weeks later
#2891 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I got these.
I'll put red LEDs in their eyes and wire them to the pop bumpers. [quoted image]

That would be great if it was a Hollies pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread?tu=Methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.