(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 76.
#401 5 years ago

The same fools who spend 8, 9, 10 grand NIB will gobble these right up lol

#402 5 years ago

It is hideous.....but so was the 60's.

Can't blame Stern for being authentic.

#403 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Only 1964 Games in Total

Highly doubt they'll get to that number.

#404 5 years ago

at last , we know the MAXIMUN production number...
i don´t believe there will be more than 100...

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I do kind of agree with this. I guess Seawitch matches the "modern" style /speed of play out of the most of them.
Who wants to guess pricing?
I'm thinking in the Batman vein
I'm also thinking most of these end up in Beatles' collectors homes.

Can we please say Beatle's collectors homes that know nothing about pinball......Thank you.

#406 5 years ago

I will go out on a limb here and say it will be quite some time before they sell out.....

#407 5 years ago

you probably have to pay another $400 for the game blades on the inside of the cabinet lol

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

I will go out on a limb here and say it will be quite some time before they sell out.....

I think they can find 1,964 Beatles fans with cash. They will not be many Pinsiders

#409 5 years ago
hood-rainbow-sherbet (resized).pnghood-rainbow-sherbet (resized).png
#410 5 years ago

Part of me was excited to see a game with lots of drop targets and a spinning wheel since that is what I played on as a kid. But wow that thing is hideous!

#411 5 years ago

So CGC puts out a beautiful remake and the price falls.....

Stern puts this out and we are speculating $8000 for the lowest end of the tier model?

Cant make this shit up.

I wouldn't push this thing off a cliff in the sheer vain that Iit would look the bottom of the cliff look hideous.

#412 5 years ago
kith (resized).jpgkith (resized).jpgrac (resized).jpgrac (resized).jpg
#413 5 years ago

As a top 3 theme for me, i am so dissapointed. No purchase for me.

#414 5 years ago

I knew it was hoping for two much but five songs for a band that had 23 number one hits, dozens of more that were top tens and probably another 100 that are awesome that were never hits?? I see these collecting dust in the corners of hard-core Beatles collectors.

#415 5 years ago

To be fair, it really does capture the essence of the Beatlemania era and the massive amounts of branding and memorabilia, etc. at the time. Chris Franchi did a wonderful job on the likenesses and his portion of it. I feel like if this had been one model of a few that captured the various eras of the Beatles' history, then this would be considered on-point for this era.

It is definitely a shame that the theme doesn't capture so much of the other great music and history of the band.

#416 5 years ago

Have to admit....that is one fugly machine

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think they can find 1,964 Beatles fans with cash. They will not be many Pinsiders

I am not so sure....this is a brand new machine, its not like a 60's guitar that was used by the band....I am not sure that it will perceived as that collectible....

#418 5 years ago

Seriously who would want to listen to the Beatles and play pinball? Worst idea ever! I would never buy a Beatles pinball game if it was the last one on earth. With that being said I like how they are doing a retro 50's game so I would assume the songs will be early songs like Hard Days Night or Twist and Shout so just another reason why I wouldn't buy the game.

Their best songs are psychedelic in nature and don't translate well into pinball. If you're going to continue the Rock theme, Nirvana, Ozzy, M Crew, Def Leapard, or as I've said now a thousand times Beastie Boys.

Heck I think a great game would be Lynard Skynard, Black Sabbath, clearly Led Zepplin. Please Beatles no way! I'd rather see a Prince, MJ before I'd ever think about a Beatles.

Do I think they will sell them probably but not to real pinball fans. HARD CORE BEATLES fans with a lot of money will line. To me this is another CLEAR CUT case of Stern just trying to CASH CHECKS.

#419 5 years ago

Looks like there's a target behind the lower left bank of drops.

Wonder if there's anything else back there.

#420 5 years ago

Good grief, exactly how old do they think we are??

#421 5 years ago

Pinball needs some new innovation. I was hoping with all the money this machine had potential to make, (like BM66) that there would be some sort of new layout, toy, or design element we haven't seen before and had to have. Instead they waste possibly the biggest license they have ever had and can only plan on selling 1964 games? Everything about this pin is terrible, and I'm a huge Beatles fan! Why bother?

#422 5 years ago

I blame Scott Danesi!

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That's always been the question with these games...I thin kthis one will finally solve it one way or the other.

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

What person in right mind would buy a rethemed Sea Witch?

Sea Witch is a great game. It wouldn't be the only no ramp game released of late.

Price is everything and wish the colors weren't so Easter friendly.Will be interesting to see what they do with the rules, sound, display, etc.

Maybe the Platinum or Gold editions will look better.

#425 5 years ago

Seems to me they noticed the recent love for Seawitch, saw the love for TNA, and missed the fucking point.

#426 5 years ago

Just add the tie fighter on a spring and it’s golden. Plus, I was hoping for 3 spinning disks, not one.

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man, for me I think Acengers looks better I'd have to go back to Elvis for this bad...but that's another particular pop culture scheme I can't stand as well.

Stern Elvis translight is really well done imho, and it’s actually a pretty classy pin overall that’s got some decent stuff under the glass.

#428 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think so, it's a stand up target were the ball comes back to the flipper from the left inlane.

Don't worry though, it won't be long until we see more pictures. It won't be long until we hear the crazy price information. It won't be long until this game can belong to us for $10k. It won't be long, yeah, yeah, yeah!

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Sea Witch is a great game. It wouldn't be the only no ramp game released of late.
Price is everything and wish the colors weren't so Easter friendly.Will be interesting what they do with the rules, sound, display, etc.

Why don't they just throw out a Seawitch remake? Because it would be $6k+ and not sell enough to justify the production run. Certainly they wouldn't have sold 1,964.

#430 5 years ago

Waiting for "A Hard Day's Night for Stern" thread...

#431 5 years ago

MBR LE here I come!!!

#432 5 years ago

their youtube video double the thumbs downs as ups lol

#434 5 years ago

I'm really happy I bought my Deadpool LE recently, but I'm going to give Stern credit for making games like that AND this for whoever this is for.

#435 5 years ago

If there's a model for $5k I could see a good number of people being interested in buying one. At $7k, $10k, $12k though...no way.

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't think so, it's a stand up target were the ball comes back to the flipper from the left inlane.
Don't worry though, it won't be long until we see more pictures. It won't be long until we hear the crazy price information. It won't be long until this game can belong to us for $10k. It won't be long, yeah, yeah, yeah!
[quoted image]

I know this is completely irrelevant but I cannot believe you didn't mention JJP or "toys" in this post.

It won't be long!

#437 5 years ago

Should have let American Pinball release it since they (for some reason) get away with Photoshop Collage games.

#438 5 years ago

If they spent $1M on just acquiring the license, how much are they going to sell these monstrosities for?

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If there's a model for $5k

LOL there's no goddamn way.

I don't know man. I think the game will be fun. Seawitch rules. I bet this will have some things in it you can't recognize from the video, maybe a multiball.

But it's very "Supreme," an overpriced game destined to be loathed here for all times and also sell out. Those of you who don't think these will be gone are nuts - it's not for "us."

And much like Supreme, I bet I'll get to play it because Sunshine in Brooklyn buys everything. The rest of you guys...well I hope you are friends with some deep-pocketed Beatles fanatics.

Some of you guys may have forgotten...even in 2018...the BEatles are bigger than Jesus.

#440 5 years ago

Now that the early Beatles are covered let’s do the late Beatles the right way. Did they get a license for that?

#441 5 years ago

Hard pass!

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Should have let American Pinball release it since they (for some reason) get away with Photoshop Collage games.

It's a Franchi Collage, get it right.

#443 5 years ago

Seawitch is beautiful.

This is utterly, unremittingly hideous .... and it looks really, really cheap.

I almost hope the $50k rumour is true, just to see how this goes down.

#444 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If there's a model for $5k I could see a good number of people being interested in buying one. At $7k, $10k, $12k though...no way.

What about at $6k for the Gold?

#445 5 years ago

Feels good to have zero FOMO on a new PIN release.

#446 5 years ago

Compare to what Harmonix did with The Beatles Rock Band back in 2009...it's crazy. Either the license was super strict or the overall effort was just not there.

The style in The Beatles Rock Band is what I was hoping to see. Bummer.

#447 5 years ago

I'm kind of surprised to see how many people dislike this tbh. When I first saw it I thought it looked kind of cool, and I didn't even know it was a Seawitch reskin. I also don't listen to any Beatles music, so I'm not biased or anything like that. Yeah, the artwork is pretty cluttered, but that gives it a unique kind of charm I think.

The big question is the price. This would be great as a cheaper option from Stern, but yeah, if they price it like people in here are speculating, that would be pretty ridiculous. I'd never buy one either way, but I'd definitely like to give it a try.

#448 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hopefully about $6000 cash.

#449 5 years ago

Is there a LCD screen? I didn't see one....

#450 5 years ago

So I'm guessing all the people who are always bitching saying "the theme sucks" for these newer games already has a deposit down on this one? It's the Beatles, this is the cream of the crop theme, I mean come on it's gonna sell out for sure.

I guess theme isn't always everything, and sometimes it's just how the game plays that really sells it? Nah, it's 100% theme based when it comes to purchasing decisions.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/9?hl=jjhlh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.