(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 76.
#3351 5 years ago

I think default setting is unlimited extra balls. 2 should be the max and I may change it.

#3352 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It didn't feel anything like a classic Stern. Probably cause it's a game made 40 years later by a different company! It certainly felt like a Stern game built in 2018. Snappy, solid "build quality" and a fully-realized "world under glass." I had no trouble trapping the ball. But game times seemed very short in my groups.
Also I have determined that this game is really fun but it's actually value is placed at $4212.16 and NOT A PENNY MORE! I mean I'd buy it in a second for $3706. But at $8000? NO WAY MAN!!!!

“World under glass.”? Stern? And Stern Beatles at that? There’s a laugh.

The game may be fun. Looking forward to at least trying it. Hopefully it will ease my initial reaction to the game which was that Stern squandered the greatest license of all time.

#3353 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The game may be fun. Looking forward to at least trying it. Hopefully it will ease my initial reaction to the game which was that Stern squandered the greatest license of all time.

Pretty sure the "world under glass" is a sarcastic dig at a certain podcaster.

#3354 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I’m thinking by world under glass he meant the old school vibe the entire package gives you.

They didn’t squander a damn thing here, they hit a home run!

#3355 5 years ago

It’s pretty cool. Go play one!

I think it would be a better game with the rubbers installed On the outlane posts.

#3356 5 years ago

New Code!

V1.08 - December 13, 2018
=======================
- Song Super Jackpot shot now scores a sneak-in bonus if it is made while at least 1 of the FAB targets is still up.
- Added display effect for secret skill shot
- Added Taxman multiball - enabled when all songs have reached level 5 (All My Loving requires 3 jackpots)
- Song selection is allowed from the flipper buttons as long as the ball is detected in the shooter lane.
- Beatlemania multiball now defaults to 3 balls, Taxman multiball defaults to 4 balls.
- Record stops spinning when entering test mode

#3357 5 years ago

Just got mine today. And already a code update.

It’s a really fast pin. Looks great, and the sound quality is fantastic.

Nice complement for my room. Totally different than anything else I have.

#3358 5 years ago

This great game keeps getting better. Those that have played it know.

Haters gonna hate

#3359 5 years ago

Hypers gonna hype. Sorry but when you are selling the game and make a crazy profit of every single one you don't have a leg to stand on calling anyone a hater and it looks really tacky.

#3360 5 years ago

#3361 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s pretty cool. Go play one!
I think it would be a better game with the rubbers installed On the outlane posts.

The one I played didn’t have rubbers on the outlane posts either..

#3362 5 years ago

Yes. I assume it was like Deadpool. The post rubbers were removed late in the process, because the team felt the ball times were too long with them on.

#3363 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

This great game keeps getting better. Those that have played it know.
Haters gonna hate

Why do people keep quoting Taylor Swift?

#3364 5 years ago

Wonky right spinner hinge that doesn't clear the ball (left spinner clears fine).

Will result in wedges, clunky misses, and damage to the hinge/spinner.

Anyone else have this issue? Maybe there are adjustments to raise the hinge?

snaroff

IMG_0966 (resized).jpegIMG_0966 (resized).jpeg

#3365 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Wonky right spinner hinge that doesn't clear the ball (right spinner clears fine).
snaroff
[quoted image]

Have you tried bending the bracket up towards the right ever so slightly? Looks like it’s hanfing ever so slightly down towards the left.

#3366 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Wonky right spinner hinge that doesn't clear the ball (left spinner clears fine).
snaroff
[quoted image]

Bend the bracket back to get clearance. It happens with floating spinners like this.

#3367 5 years ago

I didn't gravitate toward bending it, since it was "off" by quite a bit. In any event, took more than a slight bend, but seems to clear the ball ever so slightly now (which is good enough

Thanks guys!

snaroff

#3368 5 years ago

Went to play Beatles for the first time tonight. Played 4 games total but got the GC score on my first game. It was pretty fun but kinda basic. Four games was enough for me. It didn’t keep me coming back for more. I wouldn’t pay anywhere near what these go for. Hopefully Stern gets another crack at it with later Beatles music and a modern design.

DA3E664C-7888-406C-A36B-CC68B26DB46C (resized).jpegDA3E664C-7888-406C-A36B-CC68B26DB46C (resized).jpeg
#3369 5 years ago

This post is spot-on
Possibly the greatest license ever spoiled by greedy pricing
If the license was so expensive, Stern should’ve stepped up and presented a game worthy of the occasion with all the bells and whistles
Not this cheaply presented rehash of a bygone design from 79/80
Realistically this is worth less than a basic Stern pro model, I hope The Beatles license may one day get another chance and it’s done with the love and respect it truly deserves
BTW, I’m a fan of most Stern titles, but this one hurts as The Beatles are my favourite band and a pinball based on them was my dream theme ...oh well...

#3370 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m thinking by world under glass he meant the old school vibe the entire package gives you.
They didn’t squander a damn thing here, they hit a home run!

Home run? That's pretty strong language. Are you saying that this is among the Stern greats?

#3371 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Home run? That's pretty strong language. Are you saying that this is among the Stern greats?

the band is from the early 60’s and I agree with their take on this. Ramps and toys and fancy lamps and lasers or whatever you wish it had add nothing to the nostalgia of the theme.

The game plays great, is fun, sounds good, looks good, is somewhat challenging,easy to understand, not a 30 minute game to play. I’m happy with it.

#3372 5 years ago

I will also add that people have recieved this game very well. Probably better than the last 5 releases except for Iron Maiden. I guess everyone is different in their opinions of what is fun in a pinball game but the walk up, non pinhead loves this game.

#3373 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

If the license was so expensive, Stern should’ve stepped up and presented a game worthy of the occasion with all the bells and whistles

Word around the campfire I've been roasting my marshmallows at is that Stern was talking about going the Haunted House route, only with 4 play field levels instead of 3 levels! 4 levels! Can you imagine? And a ramp that would feed the ball from the top level all the way to the bottom where another ramp would feed the ball back up to the 2nd level; From that point, the ball would encounter a gobble hole which would suck the ball back down to the 3rd level. From there the ball would fall into a VUK and get blasted back out to the top level and would cause a loud snapping sound as it smacked into the play field glass.

And all of this time, the ball savers are just blink blink blinking right along to tell that you have no worries.

After the ball snaps the back glass it hits a switch that turns on a shaker motor and an air pump. The air pump plays a kazoo that belts out a complete version of Dr. Robert ( Revolver 1966 ) as the shaker motor keeps time with the music.

And you are not going to believe what killed this design idea. You are just not going to believe it. It was the shipping costs. Yeah. That's right. You got it. It was the shipping costs.

You see, that extra level of play field (level 4) added so much height to the cabinet that when the machine would be boxed to ship, the box was too big. So, instead of being able to stack the boxes in the truck trailer 3 pins high, now Stern would only be able to stack the pins 2 pins high, which would, in effect be increasing shippings costs almost 50%.

But then some wag at Stern had that "Aha" moment and thought if they would revert to a single level play field then Stern would be able to ship 4-pins high and really spread the shipping costs and keep the extra savings for itself.

It is due to those high shipping costs that Beatles is a single level play field. You really should be directing your ire towards the shipping companies.

#3374 5 years ago

Fun but not enough fun for 8 k

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3375 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Fun but not enough fun for 8 k[quoted image]

What a novel and insightful statement that we haven’t heard anyone say yet except for 40 people.

Thanks for blowing our minds by telling us that it’s fun but not 8K worth of fun.

What is the exact cash value of fun you put on it? Was it worth $1 for 3 balls?

#3376 5 years ago

Yeah. 3 ball

79A29CDD-C4E2-424A-99F9-BC941590F556 (resized).jpeg79A29CDD-C4E2-424A-99F9-BC941590F556 (resized).jpeg
#3377 5 years ago

I think my work here is done ...

B4AA2EEF-A086-4332-9D9B-371046813995 (resized).jpegB4AA2EEF-A086-4332-9D9B-371046813995 (resized).jpeg
#3378 5 years ago

Still tourney settings from launch party at Logan . In other words, suck it Levi

#3379 5 years ago

Well all I can tell you is that we received our Gold Model a week ago and love it. The wife has stopped playing her former favorite pins, Ghostbusters Pro and AC/DC Pro. We had a Metallica Pro for a couple of years and sold it - The Beatles is much more fun to play. In my opinion it is well worth the cost but then again I am a hard core Beatles fan.

#3380 5 years ago

Holy Crap, Hilton! Those are good scores!

Were the rubbers installed on the outlanes? I’ve put over 100 games on mine and I have yet to crack 6 Million... and I’m WAY better than you! Ha, I kid.

As for the value discussions... Whatevs Dude. Your parameters are all over the map.

For me, in a home environment, it’s awesome. Everybody seems to enjoy it. Even my wife is playing it, and enjoying it.

Personally, I’ve been hooked on TWD again. Horde (with Pre/Le GI and a shaker) might be the best mode in all of pinballdom. If you disagree... you’re wrong.

#3381 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think my work here is done ...
[quoted image]

Like 7 years ago.

#3382 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Holy Crap, Hilton! Those are good scores!
Were the rubbers installed on the outlanes? I’ve put over 100 games on mine and I have yet to crack 6 Million... and I’m WAY better than you! Ha, I kid.
As for the value discussions... Whatevs Dude. Your parameters are all over the map.
For me, in a home environment, it’s awesome. Everybody seems to enjoy it. Even my wife is playing it, and enjoying it.
Personally, I’ve been hooked on TWD again. Horde (with Pre/Le GI and a shaker) might be the best mode in all of pinballdom. If you disagree... you’re wrong.

No Outland rubbers. I was just on today. GC and then GC again back to back. No slouches in Chicago either so I think those are solid scores.

Game needs more depth as I made the end three times in 20 games. Hopefully code gets a bit more to shoot for. Honestly it is really fun to shoot on route but being a mode based game instead of a points based game like og seawitch actually hurts it. After ‘beating ‘ the game three times in looses a little appeal for me.

#3383 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No Outland rubbers. I was just on today. GC and then GC again back to back. No slouches in Chicago either so I think those are solid scores.
Game needs more depth as I made the end three times in 20 games. Hopefully code gets a bit more to shoot for. Honestly it is really fun to shoot on route but being a mode based game instead of a points based game like og seawitch actually hurts it. After ‘beating ‘ the game three times in looses a little appeal for me.

Nice scores!

I think they can add some depth and I bet the settings can be made more conservative, thus making the modes more difficult to compete. Also factory settings will award a bunch of extra balls I think so removing that will also keep the game making money/keeping interest.

The game is earning really well. Zach and I talked about this at IAAPA. 8k is relative to its earning potential, right now it is far exceeding expectations.

#3384 5 years ago

About the one time I'd agree with He who's name I can't speak. That game isn't worth 8K to the majority of the pinball populace. The Gold's should have been much much closer to regular Pro pricing.

I am sure the game is fun to play but there are so many NIB games I can buy that are more attractive buys on a dollar for dollar basis.

I don't know if that second run of Gold's will ever get made. It will take a long long time to sell the first run of Gold editions at 8K.

Personally I wouldn't give the roughly extra 2-3k that this machine costs - that money goes a long way toward a second standard Stern Pro.

Nothing against those who want to spend the extra bucks on Beatles. Enjoy. Just too many other games I'd blow my money on before this one. I'd rather save the extra dollars toward another machine down the road when there are so many choices out there right now. It's great we have so much to choose from right now.

#3385 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You made it to Taxman MB three times? Or Beatlemania MB?

#3386 5 years ago

I think it is worth say, $500 -$750 over Pro pricing

#3387 5 years ago

Or $500 under

#3388 5 years ago

Or 8k

#3389 5 years ago

Its not even 2 k over pro pricing? Pros are 5600-5700 and Beatles gold can b had for 7500-7600 ..... not sure where the 3k over pro pricing came from?

#3390 5 years ago

2 or 3 k - the point is the difference either way is a pile of cash vs a normal Pro.

Anything over Pro pricing for Beatles is too much in my opinion - at least for me.

Your mileage may vary.

#3391 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You made it to Taxman MB three times? Or Beatlemania MB?

Taxman. Beatlemania pretty much every other game as that seems to happen when you do good in any mode?

Taxman is completing all modes then starting wiz mode, correct That is what I did 3x in 20 jab games

#3392 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Taxman. Beatlemania pretty much every other game as that seems to happen when you do good in any mode?
Taxman is completing all modes then starting wiz mode, correct That is what I did 3x in 20 jab games

You should have played Help jackpot raising mini wizard mode followed by Beatlemania MB and then assuming all modes reached a minimum of level 5 scoring then taxman mb.

How many extra balls were awarded? I think factory setting is unlimited which is crazy. I set mine to only 2.

My grand champ score is roughly 7 mil and the crazy thing isn’t it occurred on a game where I didn’t even get the wizard mode.

#3393 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You should have played Help jackpot raising mini wizard mode followed by Beatlemania MB and then assuming all modes reached a minimum of level 5 scoring then taxman mb.
How many extra balls were awarded? I think factory setting is unlimited which is crazy. I set mine to only 2.
My grand champ score is roughly 7 mil and the crazy thing isn’t it occurred on a game where I didn’t even get the wizard mode.

No extra balls. It was still on tourney setting from the launch part the previous day

#3394 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There’s two Wizard modes now since the update on Thursday. Playing through (but not completing) all 5 modes will start Beatlemania MB Mania (which plays the song Hard Day’s Night during the multiball) prior to the update, it was a 4-ball mb, now it’s a 3-ball. (after that mb is over, Taxman plays as a default until another mode or ball is started)

Completing all 5 song levels (getting 3 jackpots during the 2-ball mb All My Lovin’) will give you Taxman MB.

I think the Beatlemania you’re referring to during any mode is making the loops spelling out Beatlemania where the magnet grabs the ball at the top and give you a random award.

Based on your score, I’d bet you got to Beatlemania MB. I wonder if the game had the latest code?

Still a nice score and I bet it’s doing well on route.

#3395 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Getting to the wizard mode and seeing everything the game has to offer on the very first game was kind of a letdown.

#3396 5 years ago

As far as value goes, how well Beatles earns on route will have a lot to do with that.

#3397 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The observations of the/you better players continously drives home the possibilities that Stern is looking for that simpler pin that the average Joe who played very little pinball can enjoy without spending a fortune to learn the rules.

#3398 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The observations of the/you better players continously drives home the possibilities that Stern is looking for that simpler pin that the average Joe who played very little pinball can enjoy without spending a fortune to learn the rules.

I am not a very good player fyi

#3399 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, from everything I’ve heard, you pretty much suck.

#3400 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

OK, if you say so, but your pin knowledge places you a bit above the Average Joe, IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/68?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.