(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 76.
#3201 5 years ago

Quoting the geniuses Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger...."The price is what you pay, the value is what you get"

Think about it. Might be tough for some of you

#3202 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quoting the geniuses Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger...."The price is what you pay, the value is what you get"
Think about it. Might be tough for some of you

Now you are just being obtuse!

#3203 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

As someone who makes “living wages” like you, I root for companies to hang on, but barely so I can get things for as little as possible

That's idiotic, people and companies don't RISK capital, lots of it, just to barely scrape by to benefit people like you. Nobody holds a gun to your head to buy anything. Use your "resources" however you see fit.

Without capitalism being alive and well you wouldn't have a job. Along with many others.

#3204 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Saw and played this game recently. Also watched one of the streams a little. I get that it is a "basic" game "not meant for us", but what I find terrible is the LCD content. Just still pictures and footage but not associated or in sync with the music with some splash animations included. Before the ball launches you hear screaming girls and see concert footage but no music until the ball is launched. Very poorly executed. Other than Star Wars and GOTG (if you excuse the voice work) Stern is really struggling with LCD content in my opinion.

You may not have realized that you can select your song/mode at the start of each ball. That's why the music doesn't start until you plunge.
I think the all custom LCD content done for the game is great.

IMG_5093 - Version 2 (resized).jpgIMG_5093 - Version 2 (resized).jpgIMG_5107 (resized).jpgIMG_5107 (resized).jpgImage-1 (resized).pngImage-1 (resized).png
#3205 5 years ago

Ha...bobble heads are a good one.

#3206 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha...bobble heads are a good one.

Might be the best tilt warning I’ve ever seen, video wise!

I do like Palpatine’s audio in SW though.

#3207 5 years ago

You can’t always select the 2 ball multiball at the start of your ball. Not sure why.

#3208 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can’t always select the 2 ball multiball at the start of your ball. Not sure why.

You have to complete one of the other modes first. If you haven't by the 3rd ball, you can select it.

#3209 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

#3210 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You have to complete one of the other modes first. If you haven't by the 3rd ball, you can select it.

Sympathy MB

#3211 5 years ago

We got our Platinum machine last night and haven't stopped playing it! I know there are mixed feelings about this pin but once it's in front of you and you're playing, all the doubt goes away and we're hooked!

IMG_4408 (resized).jpgIMG_4408 (resized).jpg
#3212 5 years ago

I bought a few more Beatles for location. We will probably go up to 6.

123951_04 (resized).jpg123951_04 (resized).jpg
#3213 5 years ago

Fuck it, I’m in!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3214 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffreeStar:

We got our Platinum machine last night and haven't stopped playing it! I know there are mixed feelings about this pin but once it's in front of you and you're playing, all the doubt goes away and we're hooked!
[quoted image]

Thanks very much for posting. Great to see people that have bought and played the game love it. Congratulations!

I am really looking forward to having a go on one soon.

#3215 5 years ago

John ain’t lookin too good...

#3216 5 years ago

Ringing is lookin damn good tho...

#3217 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

[quoted image]

They must be doing well and good feedback to go up to 6. Good news!

#3218 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's idiotic, people and companies don't RISK capital, lots of it, just to barely scrape by to benefit people like you. Nobody holds a gun to your head to buy anything. Use your "resources" however you see fit.
Without capitalism being alive and well you wouldn't have a job. Along with many others.

You do things the Richie Rich way, and I'll do things my way. There's no doubt that without capitalism that I wouldn't have a job. My job is thanks to tax dollars. And your life would suck without roads, military, schools, police, and fire, clean air, etc. Anyway, my wages and benefits have been stagnant during the last economic expansion and always are in the supposed "good" times. The flip side is that when things go to crap, I still have a job. That's my personal "good" economy. I do best when things get cheaper in poor economic times (houses, cars, hobbies, whatever). That's the way it's been for 25 years, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I certainly didn't make it that way. That's just the way it works out.

#3219 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

[quoted image]

Sweet!

If they end up not doing great after a while and you want to move one along for another operator, im your huckleberry

Your locals are damn lucky!

#3220 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

And your life would suck without roads, military, schools, police, and fire, clean air, etc

Everybody's life would. "You didn't build that...."

Then again I don't live life "us versus them"

If you are dependent on taxpayer dollars for your livelihood then I'm happy for you that there are so many fully employed taxpayers these days to make a great economy and help pay everybody.

#3221 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So you may as well say "If Beatles had 4 wheels and an engine I could drive it to work," or "If beatles were made solely of beef and perhaps some soy filler, it could form the foundation for a magnificent cheeseburger!"

Reminds me of this old saying...”If my uncle had tits, then he’d be my aunt!”

#3222 5 years ago

Demand looks huge!

946F8E5B-7319-43A8-BCAD-A6877F169E63 (resized).jpeg946F8E5B-7319-43A8-BCAD-A6877F169E63 (resized).jpeg
#3223 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Demand looks huge!
[quoted image]

Lol It just started shipping and not many have played it.... demand will be lower than most but im sure it will sell as good as they hoped

#3224 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They must be doing well and good feedback to go up to 6. Good news!

Attempting to go to six. They are being requested and the game play is great. Got about 4 plays on one we have on route today. Loving it!

#3225 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sweet!
If they end up not doing great after a while and you want to move one along for another operator, im your huckleberry

I have a real problem with selling stuff. Haha, you already have the underwater version

#3226 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Fuck it, I’m in![quoted image]

You are in with a bang. People are clamoring for a Seawitches all over the place and you mange to snap your fingers and a Seawitch falls from the sky With a nice looking play field, too. Mine is a beater; I'm jealous.

Interesting that your back box mount is black. Mine is light blue, like the cabinet.

#3227 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You are in with a bang. People are clamoring for a Seawitches all over the place and you mange to snap your fingers and a Seawitch falls from the sky With a nice looking play field, too. Mine is a beater; I'm jealous.
Interesting that your back box mount is black. Mine is light blue, like the cabinet.

I was fortunate that a collector I have made good deals to in the past had one and took care of me for a nice price.
Missing displays, no legs, and not booting, but will clean up to be nice

I cant stomach a Beatles, but I plan to get this one running and enjoy it for years to come.

#3228 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Everybody's life would. "You didn't build that...."
Then again I don't live life "us versus them"
If you are dependent on taxpayer dollars for your livelihood then I'm happy for you that there are so many fully employed taxpayers these days to make a great economy and help pay everybody.

I’m not going to be rooting for higher prices in a hobby that I like. Sorry. Besides, are wealthy people the only ones allowed to look out for their best interests in addition to getting upset when those of modest means look out for theirs?

#3229 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I’m not going to be rooting for higher prices in a hobby that I like. Sorry. Besides, are wealthy people the only ones allowed to look out for their best interests in addition to getting upset when those of modest means look out for theirs?

I'm not sure how you believe the economy being in a recession is a benefit for you or anyone around you. One of the few areas someone can benefit is in housing and even then you have to have enough cash to put down so it doesn't benefit the people in need. The people with money get more stock per $ and cheaper investment property or land lots so when the economic turn happens they end up even further ahead in most cases. Economic down turns kill small businesses and the building blocks of what a healthy city consists of. Getting a pin for a little cheaper seems like a pretty bad trade off to me, but to each their own I guess.

#3230 5 years ago

If looking out for yourself is sitting around hoping pinball prices drop, so you can afford them more easily then I would find another plan ASAFP.

#3231 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sweet!

#3232 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I have a real problem with selling stuff. Haha, you already have the underwater version

What do you have going on there a little micro brewery! Nice

#3233 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

If looking out for yourself is sitting around hoping pinball prices drop, so you can afford them more easily then I would find another plan ASAFP.

These economic fantasies always crack me up.

You know what happened to pin prices during the last recession in 2008 or so?

Nothing. Nobody dumped their collections for pennies on the dollar or panic sold. I guess prices stopped rising for a couple years, and it seemed to me there was a general slowdown in games trading hands. Whoopie.

Pinball people - not a shocker here - are stubborn, prideful, and emotional. Most would rather burn their pinball machine for firewood to heat up rheir house than sell it for thousands or even hundreds less than they paid for it.

And you know what you say - a recession is when your neighbor sells their pinball machine cheap. A depression is when YOU sell your pinball machine cheap.

If that happens we are all gonna have bigger worries than trying to finally snag that Addams family for $3500.

#3234 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What do you have going on there a little micro brewery! Nice

30 pins. It's a cool stop! Thanks Ice!!

MVIMG_20181206_220554 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20181206_220554 (resized).jpg
#3235 5 years ago

Received my Gold Edition today. Very nice. Music sounds good - very clear. Nine songs from the 1964/65 era. Ball moves a little faster than I was expecting (level is 6.5). If you are not a strong Beatles fan this game may not be for you.

#3236 5 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

Received my Gold Edition today. Very nice. Music sounds good - very clear. Nine songs from the 1964/65 era. Ball moves a little faster than I was expecting (level is 6.5). If you are not a strong Beatles fan this game may not be for you.

Everyone keeps saying how good the music is. That much is assumed if you are Beatles fan. What I would like to know is how is it to shoot? How’s the rules, code etc. I have watched some videos but is it fun? Does it have last ability in your collection or is it too shallow?

#3237 5 years ago

To say anything will last forever in a collection is a little far fetched. Is the game fun? Absolutely! Great music of course. It's just refreshing to play. Rules are good and pretty straight forward. Its nice because it does not feel like any other modern pinball we have all purchased in the last 10 years. It feels good to mix it up a little and play this game in a home line up. Fast & Fun !!!
Stern did a great job with this "Modern Classic"

#3238 5 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Everyone keeps saying how good the music is. That much is assumed if you are Beatles fan. What I would like to know is how is it to shoot? How’s the rules, code etc. I have watched some videos but is it fun? Does it have last ability in your collection or is it too shallow?

I’ve put around 135 plays on mine. I love it. It’s fast and fun. Simple rules that’s not always simple to achieve. Lots of short ball times. The tweaks to the layout makes it shoot great. It’s a very satisfying shot to shoot up under the upper right flipper and back into the orbit.
Rules are well thought out and code seems complete. It’s a nice change compared to all my other games.
There’s a Holiday setting where the Beatles wish you a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year starting Dec 10th. (Beatles owners-make sure you set the date in Utilities for this to work correctly)

#3239 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I’ve put around 135 plays on mine. I love it. It’s fast and fun. Simple rules that’s not always simple to achieve. Lots of short ball times. The tweaks to the layout makes it shoot great. It’s a very satisfying shot to shoot up under the upper right flipper and back into the orbit.
Rules are well thought out and code seems complete. It’s a nice change compared to all my other games.
There’s a Holiday setting where the Beatles wish you a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year starting Dec 10th. (Beatles owners-make sure you set the date in Utilities for this to work correctly)

Thanks for the feedback glad you are enjoying it. I’m on the fence with this one but it actually looks like a lot of fun

#3240 5 years ago

Back on topic.

One thing I find innovative on this machine (Beatles)

and I don’t know if it’s been mentioned before.
Opto Spinners!
Does any other Stern have these? Or is Beatles a first? Seriously it’s of the most gratifying shots I’ve enjoyed most recently in pinball. Especially the spinner to the left of the pop bumpers.

RRRRIIIIPPPPP!
Anybody else played Beatles and notice the ripping of the spinners badass?

#3241 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Back on topic.
Opto Spinners!
Does any other Stern have these? Or is Beatles a first? Seriously it’s of the most gratifying shots I’ve enjoyed most recently in pinball. Especially the spinner to the left of the pop bumpers.
RRRRIIIIPPPPP!

I believe its the first stern to use them but jjp has used them before.

#3242 5 years ago

Back on topic.
Opto Spinners!
RRRRIIIIPPPPP!

I agree, you can really rip them and they sound fantastic. I like the drum sound of pops as well.
I said it in the other thread and I’ll say it again here. I think this may be the best sound quality I’ve heard in a pin. Very crisp, clear and plenty of Bass coming from Paul!

#3243 5 years ago

Back on topic.
Opto Spinners!
RRRRIIIIPPPPP!

The spinners are insane. I filmed one in slow-mo. Shot from a cradle on the right. Not slammed on the fly, just a regular cradle shot.

I counted FIFTY spins. I guess because there is no physical switch adding a tiny amount of friction with every revolution (No 9?!), they spin totally freely.

Is the game fun?! Yes, it’s loads of fun. Is it deep? Nope. But it’s very tough to make it through all the modes in a game. I’ve only done it once so far.

#3244 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

The spinners are insane. I filmed one in slow-mo. Shot from a cradle on the right. Not slammed on the fly, just a regular cradle shot.
I counted FIFTY spins. I guess because there is no physical switch adding a tiny amount of friction with every revolution (No 9?!), they spin totally freely.
Is the game fun?! Yes, it’s loads of fun. Is it deep? Nope. But it’s very tough to make it through all the modes in a game. I’ve only done it once so far.

That would really be my only complaint, since it is quite possible to make it through the modes they need to add some sort of surprise mode for the accomplishment. It isn’t easy to make it through but the whole rinse repeat where you just start a new game could be improved.
If this were added, it could be something as simple as having to hit certain shots in a specific order and time limit. If unsuccessful, game over even if ball still in play.

#3245 5 years ago

What version number is current code?

#3246 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What version number is current code?

1.05. Im sure it’s pretty close to done but they did say code near complete and left the door open. The 9th song was a late add to the game as well.
I’m working on getting the code opened with Pinball browser to see if there are any hidden nuggets in it. Many times things are in the code but aren’t utilized until a later update.

#3247 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

revolution (No 9?!)

Ha!

#3248 5 years ago

Player some more on it last night. We were packed at Hellion for Maine Lobster Truck night. Had 3 people offer to buy a Beatles pinball from me. I didn't discuss prices but this location certainly loves the game.

The only game to compare it to in the collection at Helicon is TNA. I am going to follow the collection data closely to see what is played more. Should be interesting.

#3249 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Player some more on it last night. We were packed at Hellion for Maine Lobster Truck night. Had 3 people offer to buy a Beatles pinball from me. I didn't discuss prices but this location certainly loves the game.
The only game to compare it to in the collection at Helicon is TNA. I am going to follow the collection data closely to see what is played more. Should be interesting.

I predict It will be overwhelming in favor of the Beatles.

#3250 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I predict It will be overwhelming in favor of the Beatles.

Currently that is the case according to the 2 week audit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/65?hl=datschwandt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.