(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    81%
  • Maybe? 69 votes
    10%

(659 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 429 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3763 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 76.
#3101 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not my experience at all for jjp games. Maybe we got lucky? Maybe we are awesme techs, lol. Jjp games are built well and hold up ime. Few small things but nothin the scale of others.
Biggest headache to date on any NIB game was GOTG pro, shit code combined with corrupt node board and super bad customer service to get the node boards all figured out over multiple months. Had stern service rep end a call whileI was actively working on the game and giving feedback, measurements to help them diagnose a larger scale problem. It was 5pm and his day was over... finally got it figured out but went thorugh multiple node boards and months of an intermittently broken game. Uggh that was frustrating.
But i degress. Concerning beatles, yes the pricepoint just won't work out for me on route. Bummer cause I wish it could. Pro price and I am on board, but Won't fall for this psycology trick to try and get peopleto buy a pro at premium pricepoint just for the fun of it.

Put a Beatles next to a SeaWitch on route. $1 a play for Beatles, $.50 for SeaWitch. I’ll bet that the Beatles blows SeaWitch away in coin drop. It wouldn’t be close.

#3102 1 year ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I’m in, I really like the Beatles and I like pinball
Obviously it’s a couple of grand higher than we all would have liked
Pinball is an expensive hobby, so if I can afford to go to 6k for a NIB, but need to shell out 8k for a theme I really like, then so be it
If I’m going to sook about a couple of grand extra, then it’s time for me to find a new hobby

Bingo....we have a winner ladies and gentlemen. Someone gets it finally.

#3103 1 year ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I’m in, I really like the Beatles and I like pinball
Obviously it’s a couple of grand higher than we all would have liked
Pinball is an expensive hobby, so if I can afford to go to 6k for a NIB, but need to shell out 8k for a theme I really like, then so be it
If I’m going to sook about a couple of grand extra, then it’s time for me to find a new hobby

I understand why folks looking at the BOM (Bill Of Materials) think it's overpriced, but from a licensing perspective the price is justified. It's not arbitrary.

When I got into this hobby in 2004, I got great advice from my first distributor that sold me LOTR/TSPP. Back in 2004, I was concerned about these games losing value. He correctly pointed out that if you stick with strong licenses, you are less likely to take a financial hit. He said licenses like LOTR/TSPP are more solid than licenses like AP/RBION. So true, and I believe will hold true for The Beatles as well. Even if IMDN is loved by hardcore enthusiasts, long-term, I believe The Beatles will be more stable (in terms of resale)...especially since the absolute number of games is fixed.

snaroff

#3104 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I understand why folks looking at the BOM (Bill Of Materials) think it's overpriced, but from a licensing perspective the price is justified. It's not arbitrary.
When I got into this hobby in 2004, I got great advice from my first distributor that sold me LOTR/TSPP. Back in 2004, I was concerned about these games losing value. He correctly pointed out that if you stick with strong licenses, you are less likely to take a financial hit. He said a licenses like LOTR/TSPP more solid than licenses like AP/RBION. So true, and I believe will hold true for The Beatles as well. Even if IMDN is loved by hardcore enthusiasts, long-term, I believe The Beatles will be more stable (in terms of resale)...especially since the absolute number of games if fixed.
snaroff

Another very good point raised here that I believe 100%.

If I’m not mistaken Gary Stern recently said in an recent interview that most games they make are made in quantities 3-4x greater than the maximum number of Beatles machines to be built. That means titles like AC/DC,Maiden, Metallica, etc... there are 6-8 thousand of them out there in this big world.

#3105 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If I’m not mistaken Gary Stern recently said in an recent interview that most games they make are made in quantities 3-4x greater than the maximum number of Beatles machines to be built. That means titles like AC/DC,Maiden, Metallica, etc... there are 6-8 thousand of them out there in this big world.

Thanks...exactly. I doubt IMDN will ever reach AC/DC & MET numbers, but Stern will certainly do more runs if there is demand.

The retro design/gameplay is also much more appropriate for a majority of population. As a license, I love my SWLE, but the ornate/complex gameplay is an acquired taste and will turnoff many casual players.

snaroff

#3106 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Put a Beatles next to a SeaWitch on route. $1 a play for Beatles, $.50 for SeaWitch. I’ll bet that the Beatles blows SeaWitch away in coin drop. It wouldn’t be close.

sure thing. You have 8k to give me for the Beatles?

Seawitch enters the stable this week and will be route ready as soon as you hook me up with that 8000...

People dont seem to understand that for 8k, I can buy a brand new munsters and refurbish a Seawitch.
Munsters and seawitch will for sure out earn Beatles.

Bonus that at the end of routing, the Munsters will be worth nearly what I buy it for and the Seawitch will be worth more.
Beatles on the other hand will drop 15-20% for resale.

#3107 1 year ago

I haven’t kept up with this thread but has the 30k price tag for the diamond edition been discussed? What on earth validated that price tag for 30k?

#3108 1 year ago

Seems Stern threw the distributors a bone on this one to make as much profit as they could for purchasing the 10 pack.
There is no justification. The Gold level is the same game as diamond/platinum so whomever buys the other models is getting them for 'status' only.
Hey if that floats your boat paying 30k for an 8k model, go for it.

Quoted from jsm172:

I haven’t kept up with this thread but has the 30k price tag for the diamond edition been discussed? What on earth validated that price tag for 30k?

#3109 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seawitch enters the stable this week and will be route ready as soon as you hook me up with that 8000...

People dont seem to understand that for 8k, I can buy a brand new munsters and refurbish a Seawitch.
Bonus that at the end of routing, the Munsters will be worth nearly what I buy it for and the Seawitch will be worth more.

Doubtful Beatles drops at all in value much if at all. I’m referring to the Gold edition. No way to put a real value on the other two at the moment.

Why would someone pay 8k on the Munsters without seeing it first and if the theme is a total turd in their opinion?

Different strokes for different folks and this is ok, there is something for everyone in this great hobby!

#3110 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Seems Stern threw the distributors a bone on this one to make as much profit as they could for purchasing the 10 pack.
There is no justification. The Gold level is the same game as diamond/platinum so whomever buys the other models is getting them for 'status' only.
Hey if that floats your boat paying 30k for an 8k model, go for it.

If you shop this can be had for $7599 shipped to your door. This is the real price.

#3111 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

odd number since they have also said on numerous occasions that they are building around 10-12000 games each year.

2018 gave us GOTG, Maiden, and DP as major cornerstone games.
Stern also built 100 Primus, the first 1000 Beatles, 200 Supreme, and any number of the previous games still active on the sale list.

Reality is that on average a cornerstone game is likely 2000 in total number. Great games in Stern world are 3500 and maybe 4000 in total edition but those are over multiple years of production.

If you pay attention, you will see that Stern is constantly telling half truths and inflating numbers on edition size. It seems to come mainly from 1 or 2 people in the organization.

#3112 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Doubtful Beatles drops at all in value much if at all. I’m referring to the Gold edition. No way to put a real value on the other two at the moment.
Why would someone pay 8k on the Munsters without seeing it first and if the theme is a total turd in their opinion?
Different strokes for different folks and this is ok, there is something for everyone in this great hobby!

I know you are defensive since you bought one, but pretty much EVERY high dollar game is dropping 15-20% on the secondary. Beatles is no different and likely will drop more since they are selling the Pro model for 8000 when normal Pro games are sold at 5500 delivered.

I have no idea where you are pulling 8k for Munsters from??? Pros should be the same as every other Pro from what I have heard.

#3113 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

odd number since they have also said on numerous occasions that they are building around 10-12000 games each year.
2018 gave us GOTG, Maiden, and DP as major cornerstone games.
Stern also built 100 Primus, the first 1000 Beatles, 200 Supreme, and any number of the previous games still active on the sale list.
Reality is that on average a cornerstone game is likely 2000 in total number. Great games in Stern world are 3500 and maybe 4000 in total edition but those are over multiple years of production.
If you pay attention, you will see that Stern is constantly telling half truths and inflating numbers on edition size. It seems to come mainly from 1 or 2 people in the organization.

10-12000 a year is correct but they been making Metallica, AC/DC for 5-6 years so there probably are 6-8000 of them. The others are too new to see how they do but if you just use pinside as a simple metric, I would say Star Wars, guardians etc... are well on there way to more than 3-4000 world wide. Remember pinside represents only 30% of the real Pinball world so you have to extrapolate the numbers a bit. This is said repeatedly on pinside when it is assumed pinside IS THE ONLY pinball world. Most operators aren’t on here either.

#3114 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

All true.

If you route games and you have customers that need new blood then having all 3 units is good for your inventory. One thing I never factor in is resale value and I see a lot of people that put games on the street mentioning this, maybe I am missing something or operators from different areas have different approaches. Usually I like to circulate our the bottom 20% of earners to a new stop from our larger locations. So far Beatles was our number 1 earner in multiple stops. I would predict it will be until the next new title is released. Beatles at Helicon Brewing is blocked in with some fierce competition. Every LE from Stern in the past 3 years along with Pirates, TNA, Lexy Lightspeed, Houdini, Rob Zombie LE and classics Like AFM, TAF, WCS, STTNG, CP, WH2O.

I guess based on some of the comments this game is not for everyone or every situation. Even with the resale model, if the game earns half of $8k back you would still sell it for $6k in my estimation. So $2k profit or more based on play.

#3115 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know you are defensive since you bought one, but pretty much EVERY high dollar game is dropping 15-20% on the secondary. Beatles is no different and likely will drop more since they are selling the Pro model for 8000 when normal Pro games are sold at 5500 delivered.
I have no idea where you are pulling 8k for Munsters from??? Pros should be the same as every other Pro from what I have heard.

Not defensive just stating my opinion as are you. We are allowed to do that here aren’t we?

#3116 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not defensive just stating my opinion as are you. We are allowed to do that here aren’t we?

sure thing!

it came off as defensive, mainly cause once you jumped in it seems to have shifted that way.

That is also typical of every new high dollar game. The owners are understandably defensive of likely resale predictions. Games are rarely kept forever, so it is something we all often have to consider and noone like knowing they are renting that game for 2k for a year worth of play.

#3117 1 year ago

Only time will tell how it really pans out. I’m stoked to get mine this week and hopefully other buyers are as well.

If they aren’t selling and there are only a handful of us buying, the secondary market will be pretty scarce and will likely keep the price a little higher than others on the used market. Again, just my hunch and a 50/50 guess.

#3118 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Even with the resale model, if the game earns half of $8k back you would still sell it for $6k in my estimation. So $2k profit or more based on play.

Math still does not work out for me in that situation. Sounds like you have some great earning locations!

Munsters is likely to earn as well as Beatles (or very close), costs 68% as much and will resale with likley no loss (if Stern keeps raising Pro prices each year then recent games tend to hold more). The resale has to come into the equation IME.

Sounds like your locations do so well that resale is not much of a factor. That is awesome!

#3119 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Only time will tell how it really pans out. I’m stoked to get mine this week and hopefully other buyers are as well.
If they aren’t selling and there are only a handful of us buying, the secondary market will be pretty scarce and will likely keep the price a little higher than others on the used market. Again, just my hunch and a 50/50 guess.

yup, only time will tell.

Enjoy your game!

#3120 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Math still does not work out for me in that situation. Sounds like you have some great earning locations!
Munsters is likely to earn as well as Beatles (or very close), costs 68% as much and will resale with likley no loss (if Stern keeps raising Pro prices each year then recent games tend to hold more). The resale has to come into the equation IME.
Sounds like your locations do so well that resale is not much of a factor. That is awesome!

Some good data you just posted.

Here is something I go by, NIB games for locations I can guarantee 50% ROI. Next they go to our best secondary location in which I hope to get another 25% each stop. Once we have 150% of total cost paid, it can go to a one pinball machine location and stand alone at whatever it earns, I will leave it there until they ask for a new game which is typically 1 to 2 times a year.

#3121 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Makes sense. Premium priced games (be it Stern, JJP, whatever) will probably never make the ROI of a good old Stern Pro on route. If you’re looking to maximize profits no reason to stray from that model unless there’s some non-monetary factor that leads you to want to route a pricier model (prestige, site owner really wants one, etc.)

#3122 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Makes sense. Premium priced games (be it Stern, JJP, whatever) will probably never make the ROI of a good old Stern Pro on route. If you’re looking to maximize profits no reason to stray from that model unless there’s some non-monetary factor that leads you to want to route a pricier model (prestige, site owner really wants one, etc.)

yeah, lots of "other reasons"

Quite often it is because we personally like a game and frankly it is all hobby so we dont really have to aim for a profit (moreso just dont be a dumbass decisions)

TBT, routing pinball is never about the money unless you have some sort of really lucrative deal or a primo location, but those seem to be few and far between.

#3123 1 year ago

This game is fantastic we are streaming live from central London now

Http://twitch.tv/neilmcrae

#3124 1 year ago

I have the Beatlemania in shop now at Rock Fantasy if anyone wants to give it a spin ! its earning well I got the one that Jack used to stream on Friday in NYC . I LOVE IT ! most everyone who played it enjoyed it a lot

#3125 1 year ago

Kapow!!

Sunshine in Brooklyn.

5AD49A51-4A35-4CB6-ABBB-3914A64C587B (resized).jpeg
#3126 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kapow!!
Sunshine in Brooklyn.
[quoted image]

Sweet! looks like they got two?

#3127 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sweet! looks like they got two?

At least lol.

And he already has a Deadpool LE.

Dude is nuts! For pinball!

#3128 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just today, I tweaked my captive balls for the 5th time.

Love a good package check. But more than twice is just playing with yourself.

Considering all the pinsterbation going on in this thread, that’s about right.

Beatles RULES! Gonna sellout for sure and be a MONSTER for coin drop!

And I’ll follow up with a full report after I’ve played the game.

#3129 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At least lol.
And he already has a Deadpool LE.
Dude is nuts! For pinball!

nothing wrong with that!

#3130 1 year ago

looking forward to your report mine comes Friday, can't wait!

#3131 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kapow!!
Sunshine in Brooklyn.
[quoted image]

Peter is a boss

#3132 1 year ago

We bought 4 Beatles and I think 12 Deadpool's. If our contract calls for it we do it.

#3133 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

We bought 4 Beatles and I think 12 Deadpool's. If our contract calls for it we do it.

How many games in total do you have on route?

#3134 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

How many games in total do you have on route?

300 something

#3135 1 year ago

Awesome! Thx for what u do

#3136 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Awesome! Thx for what u do

Likewise. It's a small part of what we do in coin op but I've been collecting pinball since I was about 13 and I'm old now so... I've accumulated a bunch of stuff. Haha

#3137 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:The music IS horrible....buuuuut Can;t imagine 65 beatles is much better

Than your imagination must be pretty lame. How about listening to ‘65 era Beatles and then commenting. Otherwise your just being ignorant. Kinda like Whysnow posting how crappy Beatles will do on route and resale.

Informed opinions matter. Uninformed? Not so much.

#3138 1 year ago

Than your imagination must be pretty lame. How about listening to ‘65 era Beatles and then commenting. Otherwise your just being ignorant...Informed opinions matter. Uninformed? Not so much.

Honestly, are you fucking drunk?

Kinda like Whysnow ...

Ok that's it, if that isn't a personal attack I don't know what is; I need a mod over here right stat now!

#3139 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

They shot their wad with diamonds and platinums on the first batch they ran. The remaining half will be golds with a smattering of platinums - there's no reason for distributors to buy 10 at a time to get a diamond and two platinums because that won't be available on the second half unless Stern expands the amount of diamonds available and ups the platinums, too. So it seems like the second run (IF it happens) will have a much harder row to hoe than even the first one which should have been gangbusters but is languishing based on the sale ads here and super-slow beatles store sales (2 in the last almost 4 weeks, after the initial 10 sold).

What a downer you are. Also full of it.

#3140 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Besides blowing hot air about pinball and all the games you own, you frequently run on about the latest house you bought to rent out or some such thing. The day I give you $8k to buy a new pinball machine is the day Predator, Magic Girl and Alien are in the homes of every person that paid for the games.

#3141 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you pay attention, you will see that Stern Whysnow is constantly telling half truths and inflating numbers.

#3142 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Honestly, are you fucking drunk?

Ok that's it, if that isn't a personal attack I don't know what is; I need a mod over here right stat now!

Tru, that was a harsh comparison. My bad!

#3143 1 year ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

I have the Beatlemania in shop now at Rock Fantasy if anyone wants to give it a spin ! its earning well I got the one that Jack used to stream on Friday in NYC . I LOVE IT ! most everyone who played it enjoyed it a lot

I’ll be there bro. Of course it’s earning. It’s the Beatles!

#3144 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Munsters is likely to earn as well as Beatles (or very close)...and will resale with likley no loss

Based on what?! You are totally making shit up as fast as you can type it. Time will tell - time, not Whysnow with a crystal ball - but I’m here in public to disagree with you 100%.

#3145 1 year ago

Tru, that was a harsh comparison. My bad!

Trust me i know every song on the game and have been hearing them my whole life, I meant " I don't know" which I would rather listen to betwixt beatles and Maiden.

#3146 1 year ago

Pretty sweet troll job by Marco

780389B8-9542-41B0-9ACE-C2BE05C29C8A (resized).jpeg
#3147 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A routed stern pro is going to take a 15-20% loss just like any other routed game. No one is going to buy a routed stern pro for the same price or nearly the same price as a NIB one.

#3148 1 year ago

Just setup and played a Gold, about what I expected really, not a lot of bad things to say about it, and would consider it a decent value if it was $4K

I'll just leave it at that.

#3149 1 year ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Just setup and played a Gold, about what I expected really, not a lot of bad things to say about it, and would consider it a decent value if it was $4K, I'll just leave it at that.

It would be an even better value if it was $3K!

I cannot even fathom the value if it was $2K!

I mean I could, but it would be insane. Do I hear $1K?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!

Holy shit, I just had a thought so crazy it could get me committed...

Can you imagine the value if it were $200?!?!?!?!

Somebody pinch me!

#3150 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It would be an even better value if it was $3K!
I cannot even fathom the value if it was $2K!
I mean I could, but it would be insane. Do I hear $1K?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!
Holy shit, I just had a thought so crazy it could get me committed...
Can you imagine the value if it were $200?!?!?!?!

Now you're just being obtuse, you know exactly what I mean, and quite frankly you're blind defending of this "project" is getting really old and tiresome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 3763 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 76.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside