(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 76.
#3051 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you are going to extrapolate, please at least use real data instead of made up numbers to push your agenda.
2 weeks ago there were only 2 vendors on pinside selling, last week there were 4, this week there are 9
Sorry I dont have screenshots of the previous weeks but here is current showing 9
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/stern-the-beatles/market

I made a mistake with my search. Now I show 6 for sale ads, only 4 of them are "shop items"?? I don't understand this "shop items" stuff.

Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 2.17.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-01 at 2.17.15 PM (resized).png

Quoted from Whysnow:

The number looking to sell a pin "not meant for pinhead" on the #1 pinball forum is a great data point and it makes it pretty clear that more people are trying to sell now and looking for ANY customers (even ones not in their supposed demographic for this title).

I agree. With the number of sellers (that I now see), it sort of looks like a buyer's market. But since this is Pinside, where people come to talk about pins, look for pins to buy, and place pinball for sales ads, the observation/fact that several retailers/distributors are here trying to move their wares looks like a normal occurrence to me. But that they are even here makes The Beatles pin a failure, in your eyes?

And why is it problem that they are here, supposedly outside of their demographic area? I hate to assume so I will ask: Does Stern have some sort of agreement with the distributors that they are only to sell with in a "protected" territory? I used to sell....drum roll..., vacuum cleaners in the 70s. Each distributor was "given" a protected territory to operate in. And there would always be some dirty SOB that would try to sneak in to someone else's territory. We called them "bojackers". They stole your sales and effed up your pricing structure before they scurried back home.

Is this what is going on here? Are distributors cheating Stern and other distributors by advertising on pinside?

I guess the short question would be: Is there a problem with Stern distributors advertising on pinside? If so, why?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Simply put, people have gotten tired of dealing with distributors masquerading as Pinheads to hype games on here (i.e. FUN) and then they tell lies like "this is limited" and "only 800 in US" "buy now or miss out", only to have people turn around and re spout the falsehoods as fact.

I suppose this answers my question. But it all sounds like the usual sales talk and bullshit to me. From being the "first kid on my block" to have something, to "this is the last one I have in stock--you better get it now" or you will be sorry routine, I have seen it all as far as promotion goes.

I'm certainly not going to pronounce this pin's success of failure based on hype from a few pinsiders/distributors.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems plenty think this reskin looks fun to play, obs cool theme, and nice art package and code, but all have been clear the price is BS and a money grab. It is rightly a kick in the junk for any passionate pinhead that likes the beatles, older style games, etc... to not only have the huge pricepoint but then all the false hype around here.

Thanks for clearing this up. The pin is too new to know if there are, or will be, quality issues. It is getting down to "it's all about the price" and no other reason.

Nice pin. It is priced too high.

Nice pin. Pretty artwork, It is priced too high.

Nice pin Nice music. It is priced too high.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Between you, Levi, and hasslecassle... these should have been long gone the first day they were available (just like every real LE of a good theme that Stern has done in the past 5 years)

I'd say this is a bit of a stretch.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Instead the facts we know to be true:
-Only the first ~964 are bring produced at this time and were sold as 10 packs to distributors. The remaining portion of the edition is supposedly made sometime in 2019 when there is demand (if? there is demand).
-Beatles store which markets to the demographic target for this pin sold its first 10 pack quickly, but now has only sold 2 golds out of the 2nd ten pack and sales have slowed. Worth note that the Prem and LE versions were also sold for 10k on Beatles store.
-Distributors are now marketing more specifically to pinheads since the game is not selling as well as predicted to Beatles maniacs. Call any distributor that bought a 10 pack and they have stock on hand currently. I dont remember the last 'limited' game where this has happened 2 plus weeks post on sale and typically most of a hot game the limiteds are sold out the first day.

But you have just given me one more data point. First day sell outs. If a pin does not sell in the first day it is a failure in your eyes?

How about if these are all sold in one year? Would it still be a failure? Is there a standard on what determines if Beatles is a sales success or a sales failure? What parameters does Stern use to determine a sales success or sales failure? For everybody who is calling Beatles a sales success or failure, what parameters are you using to make your determination?

Give me some standards. I set the sales bar at one year. Other than one-day-sellouts, what are your standards, besides price, to consider Beatles a success or a fail?

#3052 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man this thread is turning into a runaway sewer of fake data punctuated by a detour into dimple
Land. I love it!
Let me add my own fake data point: pretty sure that greater than 5 percent of
The people in this actual thread have either bought Beatles or are “considering it.”
My made up data beats your 95 percent.

Yeah, 95% was crazy talk.

Should have been 92.5%

#3053 5 years ago

I’m in for a Beatles pin.

Will it be a top ten game, no. But for my collection, it’ll be something different, and fun to play. For the entire family.

#3054 5 years ago

What do people think used HUO versions of the Gold will sell for in a year?? Hoping to pick one up for around $6000-$6500.

#3055 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

What do people think used HUO versions of the Gold will sell for in a year?? Hoping to pick one up for around $6000-$6500.

Good luck! Don’t see this happening especially if the last 800 don’t get made next year as some are speculating. If that final run doesn’t happen my money is on them going up unless someone needs to firesale a collection for some unforeseen reason.

#3056 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Good luck! Don’t see this happening especially if the last 800 don’t get made next year as some are speculating. If that final run doesn’t happen my money is on them going up unless someone needs to firesale a collection for some unforeseen reason.

They aren't making all 1964?

#3057 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

I’m in for a Beatles pin.
Will it be a top ten game, no. But for my collection, it’ll be something different, and fun to play. For the entire family.

Me too...hope to take delivery a week from Monday. The Beatles is costing me $600 more than my Iron Maiden Premium. Many IMDN Premium/LE owners aren't happy with the added mechs that are less-than-wonderfully implemented. Just today, I tweaked my captive balls for the 5th time (this time using Blue Loctite). Hopefully this will hold for more than 20 games. My point: people pay up for many of Stern's Premium Rock and Roll pins that usually offer little benefit (and more headaches).

A simpler, 80's inspired game will be loved by folks that don't live & breath this stuff like we do. I also like that all the versions have exactly the same mechs and gameplay. Wouldn't break my heart if Stern followed this model for future games. If they really want to offer different mechs, GIVE THE STERN DESIGNERS THE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT!

snaroff

#3058 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If that final run doesn’t happen my money is on them going up unless someone needs to firesale a collection for some unforeseen reason.

If the total units aren’t produced in the first run and the price goes up, Stern will then produce the extra units.

#3059 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I think they will but there are a several here who think it’s a failure and they won’t.

I’m actually quite impressed with how many my distro has claimed to sell so far.

#3060 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If the total units aren’t produced in the first run and the price goes up, Stern will then produce the extra units.

Again, this isn’t coming from me. I’m just repeating what some here have said over and over in this thread. My machine gets shipped this week so I could really care less. I have mine and it will be locked down for a long long time!

#3061 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Many IMDN Premium/LE owners aren't happy with the added mechs that are less-than-wonderfully implemented. Just today, I tweaked my captive balls for the 5th time (this time using Blue Loctite). Hopefully this will hold for more than 20 games.

I finally had enough with my IMDNLE, a great fun pin but i spent WAY more time fixing underneath than playing on top.

No issues with Sarco Mech? That thing is crap, i know, i took it apart several times before they sent me a new one. And when the new one came one of the switch arms was literally dangling and F ed up. I used the old pos mech to swap out the switch.

Finally got it running 100% and decided to just move on

#3062 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m actually quite impressed with how many my distro has claimed to sell so far.

Is this proprietary information? Can you share how many he has claimed to sell? Maybe not wise because it will probably get turned into a rumor, but still, it would be interesting info.

#3063 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I finally had enough with my IMDNLE, a great fun pin but i spent WAY more time fixing underneath than playing on top.
No issues with Sarco Mech? That thing is crap, i know, i took it apart several times before they sent me a new one. And when the new one came one of the switch arms was literally dangling and F ed up. I used the old pos mech to swap out the switch.
Finally got it running 100% and decided to just move on

The ramp behind the backbox that leads to the Sarcophagus Mech gave me lot of problems. After taking it off entirely and performing surgery on it, it now functions as it should. The Sarcophagus mech itself has been pretty reliable so far. The captive balls are just a joke...my MET Pro Captive ball never had one issue. Why not use a similar "cage" design? Oh well...IMDN is fun, but I totally understand your frustration/decision. I almost did the same thing, but I'm giving it a bit more time.

snaroff

#3064 5 years ago

Just get a Maiden pro! Plays better, cheaper, what’s not to like?

#3065 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Just get a Maiden pro! Plays better, cheaper, what’s not to like?

The music

#3066 5 years ago

A little alone time tonight at home with the Beatles. trying to figure this thing out

Unboxed it last night right before our Poker Party we hosted started. Didn’t get to play it much last night. My wife was knocked out of the tourney early and got sometime on The Beatles. Everyone seemed to like it.

29ADC4AF-E4BB-4AC1-A1C6-F5DD292C355E (resized).jpeg29ADC4AF-E4BB-4AC1-A1C6-F5DD292C355E (resized).jpeg402A0749-6137-46B9-963E-2DB17FE4CCC9 (resized).jpeg402A0749-6137-46B9-963E-2DB17FE4CCC9 (resized).jpeg744DE8D1-CB99-4BF4-ADD7-6574FC4A3904 (resized).jpeg744DE8D1-CB99-4BF4-ADD7-6574FC4A3904 (resized).jpeg8847CAB3-21F5-4EC8-9E6B-363507958210 (resized).jpeg8847CAB3-21F5-4EC8-9E6B-363507958210 (resized).jpeg8E50C0B9-B654-4190-AE3E-88101D55D02C (resized).jpeg8E50C0B9-B654-4190-AE3E-88101D55D02C (resized).jpeg90B4593F-403B-4422-831B-471C9EE264AC (resized).jpeg90B4593F-403B-4422-831B-471C9EE264AC (resized).jpegE0BCD5B8-6E29-446E-B3EF-77191F1A4831 (resized).jpegE0BCD5B8-6E29-446E-B3EF-77191F1A4831 (resized).jpeg

#3067 5 years ago

The music IS horrible....buuuuut Can;t imagine 65 beatles is much better

#3068 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The ramp behind the backbox that leads to the Sarcophagus Mech gave me lot of problems. After taking it off entirely and performing surgery on it, it now functions as it should. The Sarcophagus mech itself has been pretty reliable so far. The captive balls are just a joke...my MET Pro Captive ball never had one issue. Why not use a similar "cage" design? Oh well...IMDN is fun, but I totally understand your frustration/decision. I almost did the same thing, but I'm giving it a bit more time.
snaroff

Yeah i removed the plastic cover behind the backbox too to adjust that switch as well.

I also had to unscrew the post on the captive ball so it made better contact with the captive ball switch. The loctite worked. But Stern also sent out a new pointed longer post to help solve that problem.

Except it was a pain in the arse when i had to keep pulling the Sarco mech. Like a puzzle of many pieces putting it back together including the captive ball and the post is the first thing that gets unscrewed and removed.

Hopefully you won't have any further issues! It's fun when it works as you know.

#3069 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Either demand better from all companies or accept this as normal. But don’t attribute it to one manufacturer only.

The Attack from Mars in your photos looks awful! I wasn’t trying to attribute dimples to any one company, by the way, just reporting what I saw. One Beatles playfield was fine, the other a disaster. I did not see anything like that at Chicago Gaming’s booth. Likewise, I didn’t see anything comparable at Jersey Jack’s. For me, that’s a good thing, because if this is supposed to be the new norm, then yeah, my OCD will keep me on the sidelines. Way back, I owned several new in the box games, Haunted House, Space Shuttle, Star Trek: TNG, and dimples were never a problem for me. Maybe I just didn’t play my machines hard enough. In the future, perhaps I should investigate replacing the steel balls with rubber coated ones! LOL!

#3070 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Me too...hope to take delivery a week from Monday. The Beatles is costing me $600 more than my Iron Maiden Premium. Many IMDN Premium/LE owners aren't happy with the added mechs that are less-than-wonderfully implemented. Just today, I tweaked my captive balls for the 5th time (this time using Blue Loctite). Hopefully this will hold for more than 20 games. My point: people pay up for many of Stern's Premium Rock and Roll pins that usually offer little benefit (and more headaches).
A simpler, 80's inspired game will be loved by folks that don't live & breath this stuff like we do. I also like that all the versions have exactly the same mechs and gameplay. Wouldn't break my heart if Stern followed this model for future games. If they really want to offer different mechs, GIVE THE STERN DESIGNERS THE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT!
snaroff

You're lucky!
Here in Belgium the Beatles Gold edition will cost several hundered $ more than a normal Stern LE...
This also means I'm definitely out for my locations, too much is too much...

#3071 5 years ago

I have ragged on this Beatles game from day 1 and i finally got to play one last nite. This game is not for me personally but im going to have to eat a little crow here looks like.

The game is really nice looking, it sounds good, and it is pretty fun to play too. I still think stern should have went in a different direction with the game but it is what it is and this game is definitely cooler than i ever imagined that it would be.

Congrats to all of you guys that have got one and to those that will be getting one in the future!

#3072 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

A little alone time tonight at home with the Beatles. trying to figure this thing out
Unboxed it last night right before our Poker Party we hosted started. Didn’t get to play it much last night. My wife was knocked out of the tourney early and got sometime on The Beatles. Everyone seemed to like it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Christmas Story leg lamp is Fantastic!!!!

"Fra-gee-lay" It must be Italian!

#3073 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Christmas Story leg lamp is Fantastic!!!!
"Fra-gee-lay" It must be Italian!

Haha! You noticed that , good eye.
We’ve had that “Major Award” for a few years now.

Blake exclaimed "yeah a statue" as the soft glow of Electric Sex gleamed out our window to passers by up and down Aspenwood Trail

0C8E827D-8A79-4370-95BC-C155984578E6 (resized).jpeg0C8E827D-8A79-4370-95BC-C155984578E6 (resized).jpeg
#3074 5 years ago

Stern has no threat from any other company, because they are king of the high dollar cheap table currently being made. Because Stern’s copy and paste system, can’t be threatened. No other maker makes such simple no frills pinball tables than Stern. The great thing about Stern is their motto is: how good is good enough, cause we don’t care.

I was at a pinball event this past weekend and realized after playing a dozen Stern’s that they all began to blur and seemed to play and be near the same table. Just a couple ramps, with some plastics thrown here and there for a theme and relatively no motorized toys. DP with a slinky bash toy and IM with a lifting ramp. Not much at all in interactive toys. If the asking price were what they were just 7-8 years ago, then such a sparse amount of goodies is fine, but when the asking price is double that of 7-8 years ago, shouldn’t we expect a great deal more?

Even Stern’s boutique tables like Beatles and Primus cost an incredible $8,000.00 for not much at all. Cannot believe anyone would be sucked into paying that kind of money for so little in return. Those tables should only be no more than $3.5k to $4k tops.

We all need to vote with our money and just say no to Stern’s policy of giving very little in game toys, quality and code depth versus what other makers give us for our money spent. That would return pricing away from gouging us to being fairly priced again like it was just 7 years ago. When Tron could be purchased NIB for $3,800. Hoping Munsters will reflect a change in offering and fair pricing, but it probably won’t.

Maybe if Beatles Boutique table does poorly Stern will rethink their strategy and return us to the good ol’ days of pinball. They would flourish if they did and make even more money than they do now. I do hope Stern is successful in making this much needed change.

Added over 5 years ago:

Addendum: played a lineup of Sterns last night and don’t think they play the same. Maybe the day wrote the above, felt like the lineup I was playing seems similar. Stern makes good tables that are fun to play. I own some as well.

#3075 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stern has no threat from any other company, because they are king of the high dollar cheap table currently being made. Because Stern’s copy and paste system, can’t be threatened. No other maker makes such simple no frills pinball tables than Stern. The great thing about Stern is their motto is: how good is good enough, cause we don’t care.
I was at a pinball event this past weekend and realized after playing a dozen Stern’s that they all began to blur and seemed to play and be near the same table. Just a couple ramps, with some plastics thrown here and there for a theme and relatively no motorized toys. DP with a slinky bash toy and IM with a lifting ramp. Not much at all in interactive toys. If the asking price were what they were just 7-8 years ago, then such a sparse amount of goodies is fine, but when the asking price is double that of 7-8 years ago, shouldn’t we expect a great deal more?
Even Stern’s boutique tables like Beatles and Primus cost an incredible $8,000.00 for not much at all. Cannot believe anyone would be sucked into paying that kind of money for so little in return. Those tables should only be no more than $3.5k to $4k tops.
We all need to vote with our money and just say no to Stern’s policy of giving very little in game toys, quality and code depth versus what other makers give us for our money spent. That would return pricing away from gouging us to being fairly priced again like it was just 7 years ago. When Tron could be purchased NIB for $3,800. Hoping Munsters will reflect a change in offering and fair pricing, but it probably won’t.
Maybe if Beatles Boutique table does poorly Stern will rethink their strategy and return us to the good ol’ days of pinball. They would flourish if they did and make even more money than they do now. I do hope Stern is successful in making this much needed change.

I sympathize with the post, but seems over the top dramatic ("seemed to play and be near the same table"?). I've been buying Stern games since 2004 and they definitely don't all play the same! Sure, there are a lot of "meh" games, but there are also some wildly great games (LOTR, TRON, MET, AC/DC). Bally/Williams also built a lot of "meh" games...for me, the biggest "meh" is Cactus Canyon (which everyone is clamoring for a remake of!). Expecting every game to be "epic" is unrealistic from any vendor.

One point that I agree with is Stern quality, which has definitely declined over the past 2 decades. If quality continues to suffer, it will lead to voting with my money. I'm hoping Beatles quality is acceptable.

snaroff

#3076 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

They would flourish if they did and make even more money than they do now. I do hope Stern is successful in making this much needed change.

Like building a "White Album", "Sgt Pepper" or even "Mystery Tour" dedicated pin. One would think the licensee might go for that and sales would be through the roof.

#3077 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Fair pricing? Stern are in business to make money. What does fair pricing mean? They are not a benevolent institution, they are a business which aims to make profits. As is everyone in the pinball business. Problem is, none of them make as much profit as Stern. Is that Stern's fault?

#3078 5 years ago

We had this at Pincinnati. I got to stream it and play it for like 2 hours after the show closed.

This game shoots 1 million times better than Seawitch and the few things they added were great. Opto spinners are amazing too.

Out of my price range, but can’t wait to play again. Just a great package all around on this one. Very very well done by stern.

Also seemed like the code was fleshed out too. Nothing obviously missing.

#3079 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It's like I've read this before from you in a different thread........

Its laughable that you want stern to return us to the good ol days. When were those? The same people that bag on stern now were bagging on them then. People hated Tron at 4k when it was released.

#3080 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

We had this at Pincinnati. I got to stream it and play it for like 2 hours after the show closed.
This game shoots 1 million times better than Seawitch and the few things they added were great. Opto spinners are amazing too.
Out of my price range, but can’t wait to play again. Just a great package all around on this one. Very very well done by stern.
Also seemed like the code was fleshed out too. Nothing obviously missing.

Agree, wouldn’t say anything is missing but it would be nice to dress up the high score entry a bit some how. They can do better than a black screen.

As an owner, if I could give stern my wishlist to add in future code would be to get a tenth song and utilize it for main gameplay along with taxman and can’t buy me love. There is a good bit of game play when you aren’t engaged in one of the modes so this would help with repetition.
Additionally, hard day’s night multiball would be cool if there was an end objective to finish it off and then if your successful go into some sort of hurryup style super wizard. This would be better than rinse repeat as is now.

Just my observations

Oh and the hidden Eastergg that’s coming sounds cool too!

#3081 5 years ago

Are there any photos of the topper from stern yet?

It’s amazing how they really struggle with toppers.

#3082 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s amazing how they really struggle with toppers.

I'm amazed people are still so obsessed with Stern toppers knowing how much they struggle with them.

#3083 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm amazed people are still so obsessed with Stern toppers knowing how much they struggle with them.

I'm amazed at how much they cost lol. A couple have been pretty cool but $400-$500 doesn't get you much anymore.

#3084 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have ragged on this Beatles game from day 1 and i finally got to play one last nite. This game is not for me personally but im going to have to eat a little crow here looks like.
The game is really nice looking, it sounds good, and it is pretty fun to play too. I still think stern should have went in a different direction with the game but it is what it is and this game is definitely cooler than i ever imagined that it would be.
Congrats to all of you guys that have got one and to those that will be getting one in the future!

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I still think stern should have went in a different direction with the game

Oh come on. Eat that last little bite.

Sorry. I could not resist.

#3085 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

So now u just copy and paste the same horseshit in every Stern related thread, what a joke. This is a big time crock of shit from the first sentence till the last. I also copy and paste, Why not right?

your-problem-is-obvious (resized).jpgyour-problem-is-obvious (resized).jpg
#3086 5 years ago

I was going through my misc plastics tonight and found this. Anybody want it for their Beatles game? Better than a topper!

FD051F7F-6479-4351-B076-42368FBAF833 (resized).jpegFD051F7F-6479-4351-B076-42368FBAF833 (resized).jpeg
#3087 5 years ago

Hey look, Cyclopes!!

B283258E-339D-4EA1-BD2E-4C53E4DAAE4B (resized).jpegB283258E-339D-4EA1-BD2E-4C53E4DAAE4B (resized).jpeg
#3088 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I was going through my misc plastics tonight and found this. Anybody want it for their Beatles game? Better than a topper!
[quoted image]

Ummmm. I’ll take it for my seawitch

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Hey look, Cyclopes!!
[quoted image]

The most rare of the whole room!

#3089 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They shot their wad with diamonds and platinums on the first batch they ran. The remaining half will be golds with a smattering of platinums - there's no reason for distributors to buy 10 at a time to get a diamond and two platinums because that won't be available on the second half unless Stern expands the amount of diamonds available and ups the platinums, too. So it seems like the second run (IF it happens) will have a much harder row to hoe than even the first one which should have been gangbusters but is languishing based on the sale ads here and super-slow beatles store sales (2 in the last almost 4 weeks, after the initial 10 sold).

#3090 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Hey look, Cyclopes!!
[quoted image]

Killer looking group. You need to slide the commoners IMDN out and put a King Kong or something there to complete the affect though.

#3091 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Hey look, Cyclopes!!
[quoted image]

What is on the display of the Beatles?

#3092 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They shot their wad with diamonds and platinums on the first batch they ran. The remaining half will be golds with a smattering of platinums - there's no reason for distributors to buy 10 at a time to get a diamond and two platinums because that won't be available on the second half unless Stern expands the amount of diamonds available and ups the platinums, too. So it seems like the second run (IF it happens) will have a much harder row to hoe than even the first one which should have been gangbusters but is languishing based on the sale ads here and super-slow beatles store sales (2 in the last almost 4 weeks, after the initial 10 sold).

Why would you expect it to sell fast on the Beatles store for 10k when it is available elsewhere for $7599?

#3093 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What is on the display of the Beatles?

Some basic instructions for the non-pinheads. You can turn it on/off in the menu.

#3094 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Some basic instructions for the non-pinheads. You can turn it on/off in the menu.

Ok - thought it was some sort of bonus game! Lol

#3095 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I am really sorry you feel that way about Stern.. Maybe you vote with your wallet and we will vote with ours. That is the absolute best way to get your point across. We love all our Stern games, some of the best games ever produced have come out in the last few years. You can vote with your wallet and buy and play Thunderbirds and I will vote with my wallet and buy and play TWDLE and IMDNLE.

#3096 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am really sorry you feel that way about Stern.. Maybe you vote with your wallet and we will vote with ours. That is the absolute best way to get your point across. We love all our Stern games, some of the best games ever produced have come out in the last few years. You can vote with your wallet and buy and play Thunderbirds and I will vote with my wallet and buy and play TWDLE and IMDNLE.

Gotta agree with you, i love my Stern games also. Whats not to love about my TWD, GB, GOT, AS, IMDN, and MET?

Bring on The Munsters and Elvira 3 and take my money Bitches is all i have to say!!

#3097 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So why don't you buy Back to the Future, Nightmare on Elm Street, South Park, Terminator or Rambo... I mean Raven.
Only thing missing here is Beavis & Butthead and despite BttF all these games are at least descent!

Because all those are good titles and deserve a better game then they are. That's my point

#3098 5 years ago

Sterns whole marketing gimmick/ strategy is pick a name that's been cool or is cool in the moment, pay licensing fees and slap it on a pinball machine. Name over substance. Sometimes the game is decent and other times it isn't. Not very innovative most of the time. I guarantee that the name is what gets the excitement and sale, site unseen. It's easier then designing a cool groundbreaking game and theme with originality and create a theme and title. You have to prove the game is a success. Selling a name to naive fanboys, many who don't admit they bought a dud, is where it's at. Why stern doesn't stop paying huge licensing fees and design games that are more affordable and profitable at the same time, is beyond me.
Who under the age of 50 is into the Beatles?
What's next, the beach boys?
The jackson 5?
Donny and Marie osmond?
The beegees?
The oakridge boys?
Grand old opry?
The Mandrell sisters?
Willie Nelson?

We need pin titles that promote development of futuristic features and growth.
I'd love to see a pin where when you reach a certain level, the whole playfield flips and exposes a completely different layout.

#3099 5 years ago

Too me the poll #'s on this thread are quite telling, 83% a flat no, and 10% maybe, leaving only 7% yes. I realize that Pinside is not the entire pinball world, but it is a sizable chunk of it and 7% is pretty low.

The pricing is silly, I think even the most rabid Beatles fan or Stern supporter hates what they are having to pay for this, but if you want a Beatles pin, then this is it, suck it up or do without!! Glad to see that the vast majority of Pinsiders know where to draw the line.

#3100 5 years ago

I’m in, I really like the Beatles and I like pinball
Obviously it’s a couple of grand higher than we all would have liked
Pinball is an expensive hobby, so if I can afford to go to 6k for a NIB, but need to shell out 8k for a theme I really like, then so be it
If I’m going to sook about a couple of grand extra, then it’s time for me to find a new hobby

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 10.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods
Hardware
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 10.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 199.95
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/62?hl=todd969 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.