(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 76.
#2901 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It seems that many are wanting to call this pin a failure because it has not sold out in a week. $8,000.00 items take some time to sell.
So, let me ask you this: How many need to be sold in what time frame for people to judge it a success? Do they all need to be in people's basements in 30 days? 60 days? 90 days? What is your number?

I'm just saying that 0 sales from rabid beatles fans in a week is a pretty poor showing. First 7 took about 2 weeks, one every other day on average (though like 3 went in one day). That's a far cry from the 3rd week where 0 moved.

#2902 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm just saying that 0 sales from rabid beatles fans in a week is a pretty poor showing. First 7 took about 2 weeks, one every other day on average (though like 3 went in one day). That's a far cry from the 3rd week where 0 moved.

It sounds to me like you have never worked retail. Yes? No?

Trying to draw conclusions from one website will lead little valuable, or actionable, information.

We do know a few have sold away from The Beatles store because we have been told and shown the goods.

But without sales data from other Stern distros, you are basically swimming against the tide.

My question remains: What kind of sales numbers would you need to see to consider this pin a success? Or a failure?

What kind of sales rates have the other pinball machines experienced in the last couple of years?

Are you comparing The Beatles sales rates on a scale relative to the other pins? Or is The Beatles on a stand alone scale where success depends on all of them being sold within, say 6 months? Or 9 months?

#2903 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It sounds to me like you have never worked retail. Yes? No?
Trying to draw conclusions from one website will lead little valuable, or actionable, information.
We do know a few have sold away from The Beatles store because we have been told and shown the goods.
But without sales data from other Stern distros, you are basically swimming against the tide.
My question remains: What kind of sales numbers would you need to see to consider this pin a success? Or a failure?
What kind of sales rates have the other pinball machines experienced in the last couple of years?
Are you comparing The Beatles sales rates on a scale relative to the other pins? Or is The Beatles on a stand alone scale where success depends on all of them being sold within, say 6 months? Or 9 months?

I've worked all points on the distribution chain, right down to retail stores.

I'm just saying that the beatles store started at an okay pace, then hit a brick wall. The rabid beatles fans that buy $1880 turntables quickly until they actually sell through completely only sorta sampled the pinball machine for two weeks and then stopped buying. Completely. And that's weird, regardless of what's happening at other distributors.

#2904 5 years ago

This thread is brutal. So much for information on the Beatles pinball machine. Thank you to the people that posted photos and videos, they were really informative and show what a unique amazing pin this is. Congrats to any of you buyers as well. I am super excited for the day mine arrives at the door! To all the haters on here, I’m not sure what your goal is nor will I ever understand why you blast on machines that you’ve never played. Also that’s not a question, I really don’t care why, so don’t bother ranting... I’m sure Stern will do just as well as the pinheads and collectors that enjoy the end product. Leave the manufacturing and sales to them, I’m sure they were and always will be a step ahead of the negativity. I really don’t think they will be the ones having a hard days night looking forward to chatting on the owners thread when it pops up! I’m out!

#2905 5 years ago

I’d really like to see videos of full game play, but with YouTube being what it is now, I’m sure those vids will be flagged for copyright infringement.

#2906 5 years ago

Watch "The Beatles Pinball Game Play: IAAPA 2018" on YouTube

#2907 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

It looks pretty brutal with all the side to side play. The outlanes are hungry and the disc makes the middle drain more common.

#2908 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Wow looks fun to shoot that left loop now and you can also hit that spinner next to it with the same upper right flipper. Thanks for the video.

#2909 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I’ve seen the topper Stern is offering. It fits the games theme very well

So is it included with the $25k Diamond Edition?

#2910 5 years ago

Those spinners look awesome. I guess with no wire attached they spin for a long time.

#2911 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

So is it included with the $25k Diamond Edition?

No. The topper is not available at time of shipping. The topper will be an additional purchase for all 3 models. I know you really don't get much for 30K anymore. lol

#2912 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

No. The topper is not available at time of shipping. The topper will be an additional purchase for all 3 models. I know you really don't get much for 30K anymore. lol

Looking forward to said Toppers

#2913 5 years ago

Have the Beatles pinball machines started to ship to customers yet?

#2914 5 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Have the Beatles pinball machines started to ship to customers yet?

I’ve been told they’ll be shipping within the next two weeks.

#2915 5 years ago

Some games are being shipped this week. Stern is amazing at getting product out the door. The holidays always tends to slow the production and shipping process. "It won't be Long Now"

#2916 5 years ago

Jonathan, pictures show that the head and maybe the body are lower than the other Stern pins.

Can you adjust the game to be the same height as the other Sterns? Or will the pitch be to steep?

#2917 5 years ago

When it was at the show Stern had two next to one another. They were not in a line up with older titles. I did see the picture next to a ghostbusters pro and there seemed to be a difference but from what i'm told in person it is not that shocking in a Stern lineup. The pin is the exact same size cabinet body and head as every other stern. Apparently the leg bolts are at a different position so it sits slightly lower in height. Topper would help this issue. Game looks amazing in person. Plays, feels and looks outstanding!

#2918 5 years ago

I’m Looking forward to playing it.

#2919 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

When it was at the show Stern had two next to one another. They were not in a line up with older titles. I did see the picture next to a ghostbusters pro and there seemed to be a difference but from what i'm told in person it is not that shocking in a Stern lineup. The pin is the exact same size cabinet body and head as every other stern. Apparently the leg bolts are at a different position so it sits slightly lower in height. Topper would help this issue. Game looks amazing in person. Plays, feels and looks outstanding!

That’s what THEY want you to think.

Why hasn’t Stern addressed Heightgate? What else are they hiding?!

It’s no wonder the Beatles store is having trouble moving these things!!! Beatles fans demand accountability and also tallness.

#2920 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s no wonder the Beatles store is having trouble moving these things!!! Beatles fans demand accountability and also tallness.

I bet a hundred to one this was yet another cost cutting measure. Probably requires less materials and that’s why nobody is saying anything

#2921 5 years ago

Doesn’t the machine need to sit a little lower to play flatter more like a machine from that era?

If that is what’s happening here, what’s the problem with this?

I always thought TNA looks odd next to other modern machines.

#2922 5 years ago

Tna was based on a dolly Parton size cabinet and if the same is true of beatles being like a seawitch then logic dictates of course the cabinet would be of similar size being slightly smaller than modern cabinets. Just because it's not the same height a cabinet doesn't mean you even notice it when playing it and if you do, why would you even point it out. Cars come in all sizes and are fun to drive. This machine will be worth it no matter what and if you havent ponied up the Benjamin$ for it, dont worry about it. If you have, everyone will just show up magically to bug you to play it once they start shipping. No videos since the show, mean people are busy playing it and enjoying it who already got one.

#2923 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Doesn’t the machine need to sit a little lower to play flatter more like a machine from that era?

There is no problem. None. I am sure the game is set to be something more like 5.5% pitch. They accomplished this by changing the leg hole positions in a standard Stern cabinet.

#2924 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I kind of thought that was the whole idea as well.

Gives it that old school look sitting a little lower and flatter, looks great imo!

#2925 5 years ago

I demand tallness, and coin doors......

#2926 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Would you settle for one out of two?

#2927 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

We are tall, so you're not really kidding about demanding "tallness". But that's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. Pinsiders have decided that it's not cool to speak negatively about this game now. I'll reserve judgment about how it plays until I actually play it, but I'm still on board with the notion that Stern/KaPow squandered this license like no other. I'm as big a Beatles fan as you and my excitement level for this game is nil.

#2928 5 years ago

I like that the game sits low. I keep one EM or early solid state at my house under the stairs it's the only type of game I can fit in that spot so I like that I would be able to put Beatles there If I decide to get one in the future.

#2929 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Is it correct that the rear bolts are in the back?

Yes. Nothing but mass confusion when they were in the front.

#2930 5 years ago

Cant wait for more people to play this game. It will be very well received. Stern does a great job making pins but they are lacking in the Grand reveal department.

#2931 5 years ago

I just checked Kapow’s website: nothing about the height of the game nor any Beatles info in fact.

Makes you wonder what we are paying this Kapow guy for!!!!!!!!

!!!

#2932 5 years ago

Gameplay on the video does actually look pretty fun. I like that the display shows the EM score reel. Still though at this price point…

#2933 5 years ago

For those that have played, how does it feel with newer thin flippers? I guess the whole thing just feels diff'rent becasue of tech but I'm really interested in going from the classic to modern stern flipper size.
Seems like sling area is more modern as well in regards to cradling position and the shortness of Classic Sterns...or maybe it just seems that way with smaller flippers?

#2934 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern made them shorter on purpose because Ringo is only 5 foot, 2 inches and Paul is 5’4.

#2935 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Stern made them shorter on purpose because Ringo is only 5 foot, 2 inches and Paul is 5’4.

Could always buy two pairs of these and put one under each leg. Problem solved. Two inches should be just enough.

Buy 2.75 if you want your Beatles to look down it’s nose at B/W and Stern pinballs. Barely enough to notice, but enough.

3.54 inches should only be ordered by those looking for extreme pinballin experience. May be illegal in tournaments.
B1B5828D-3B17-45BB-8B75-3705BAD80ECD (resized).pngB1B5828D-3B17-45BB-8B75-3705BAD80ECD (resized).png

#2936 5 years ago

Ringo is 5' 6" and Paul is 5' 11''

Quoted from SilverBallz:

#2938 5 years ago

Much better promo compared to the first promo video released. Disc looks cool and those orbit shots and loops look Steve Richie smooth!

Also more than helps to make a game look good by putting Keith in front of the flippers.

#2939 5 years ago

Wow!!!! That is an amazing promo video. Well done!!!

#2940 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Also more than helps to make a game look good by putting Keith in front of the flippers.

Loop jackpot!

#2941 5 years ago

Great video, love all the sound effects
The game looks so smooth, we all know it’s expensive...but it’s an LE & it’s The Beatles!
Can’t wait for my gold edition, thanks Stern

#2942 5 years ago

I think the Gold is more in line with a Pro model...but there's really no difference between the 3, so yeah just call them all LE's.

Sidenote: Now that we have a topper, can we get a Ringo shooter rod??

#2943 5 years ago

At home for Thanksgiving. Showed my mom the Beatles pin (she's a super fan) She thought it looked great. Said if people didn't understand the colors it's because they don't remember that era.

Just a data point for ya'll.

#2944 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

At home for Thanksgiving. Showed my mom the Beatles pin (she's a super fan) She thought it looked great. Said if people didn't understand the colors it's because they don't remember that era.
Just a data point for ya'll.

Weren’t you going to buy one for her at one point? Does she live in a house or apartment with space?

#2945 5 years ago

Hell no!

#2946 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Wow!!!! That is an amazing promo video. Well done!!!

It is a nice promo video.

What I am dying to see, though, is a PAPA style video with the camera in fixed position.

#2947 5 years ago

Of course all 3 models are LE’s
No matter how stripped back people may think they are
100 diamond
250 platinum
1614 gold

No more ever made, all genuine LE’s

#2948 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

1614 gold

Shoot! My Transporter the Rescue must be worth a mint then!

rd

#2949 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Shoot! My Transporter the Rescue must be worth a mint then!
rd

Only 859 were manufactured. One is selling on Pinside for USD 2,800. Maybe it would be worth more if it was more popular with players? What did they sell for new, 29 years ago?

#2950 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Of course all 3 models are LE’s
No matter how stripped back people may think they are
100 diamond
250 platinum
1614 gold

That is not a le, this is an le... (said in mc dundee voice)

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/59?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.