(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 76.
#2801 5 years ago

Pinsiders be like when Stern releases a new game

#2802 5 years ago

If there are people in this world that will buy a Thunderbirds pinball machine then anything is possible.

Beatles? TBirds? Really...............think about the difference and I'm sure it's a horrific comparison to many

#2803 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Let's get to some brass tax here...is the playfield dimpling? Ghosting? Cabinet splitting? We need answers!

I think you mean … brass tacks. no one needs more tax.

#2804 5 years ago

I played 6 games of Beatles today at IAPPA....I thought the game played extremely well, sounded better, and looked Great!

Fair to say I Enjoyed Monster Bash, and thoroughly enjoyed POTC!

#2805 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I played 6 games of Beatles today at IAPPA....I thought the game played extremely well, sounded better, and looked Great!
Fair to say I Enjoyed Monster Bash, and thoroughly enjoyed POTC!

Great to hear Art. What's not to like about all those pins! Fun times....

#2806 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not hard to understand, but neither is math...
1000/1964 = .5091 = 50.9% sold out to distributors
Checking with the distributors I have called, 100% of them have Golds readily available (as clearly seen there are even 4 ads on Pinside right now)
We are more than a week in and it appears less that 25% of the total run is actually 'sold out' to real customers. Keep in mind this game is "limited", "half are going overseas", and "there are millions of Beatles fans buying these up quickly". All that despite this being the longest real sell out of a Stern game that we have seen since WWE.

Beatles store seems to have hit a wall with their second 10 pack. Haven't sold a single gold out of it for days, stuck at 7 left (the amount of golds in every 10 pack). The first block of 10 had steady progress selling a gold almost daily.

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Beatles store seems to have hit a wall with their second 10 pack. Haven't sold a single gold out of it for days, stuck at 7 left (the amount of golds in every 10 pack). The first block of 10 had steady progress selling a gold almost daily.

Well..after taxes, they are costing around $3k more than any other seller.

#2808 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Well..after taxes, they are costing around $3k more than any other seller.

Yep. I was shocked they sold even one 10 pack. But that party has apparently ended.

#2809 5 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Very few hit a grand slam their first time at the plate but crazylevi delivers!

Yup. Crazy Lexi is quite the character.

#2810 5 years ago

Why do people that are not Distributors care if a Pinball is selling or not selling?

#2811 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Why do people that are not Distributors care if a Pinball is selling or not selling?

Because if they did buy one they have to justify why they did and if they didn’t buy one they have to justify why they didn’t.

#2812 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

crazy part is that they are selling the platinum and diamonds for the same price as gold. Anyone looking to make some quick cash should just set an auto buy when they finally get through these 7 golds and open up another 10 pack.

Someone will get that next diamond for 10k and then be able to bank a quick 10k on the flip...

I gotta say, despite all the false hype of being "sold out" it is pretty obvious where sales are at on this game.

Bring on Muensters! I am told it is phenomenal and I gotta admit if some of what I am told it in the game pans out, it sounds pretty cool!

#2813 5 years ago

BTW, it’s brass TACKS ...
EDC15CE8-71BE-4FAC-837F-03284191F8BD (resized).jpegEDC15CE8-71BE-4FAC-837F-03284191F8BD (resized).jpeg

Okay, I see this was already mentioned...

#2814 5 years ago

After 10 days of reading Pinside posts about the Beatles machine, I have distilled my thoughts into this one giant post.

1. Depsite several Pinsiders trying to clue everyone else in that this pin was made for Beatles fans, the significance of that fact doesn't seem to be sinking in for some. It's not so much a pinball machine as it is a collectible licensed Beatles product. It isn't going to play by the rules of any other pin release. I gleaned from the posts I read that Pinsiders like to buy a machine, play it for a while, sell it and buy a different pin. I get that, but that doesn't describe a Beatles collector. For the most part, they don't buy a rare Beatles record, play it for a while, then sell it so they can get a different record (unless they are upgrading condition). Boredom is rarely a factor with premium Beatles collectors. This is likely the only pin these guys are ever going to have, and they'll keep it a long time. (But wait until the next Beatles pin, distros!)

2. One distro told me he sold his Diamond for $30K; another sold for $25K; the one on eBay has a bid of $25K with time to run. Those are the only Diamond distro sales I know of personally. Other Pinsiders have reported $25K asking prices, so that seems to be the starting line (with one exception noted in #4 below).

3. The vast majority of Pinsiders posting on the Beatles pinball topics have no comprehension of what the Beatles memorabilia world is like, or the number of collectors worldwide. Any licensed memorabilia has a waiting market of persons for whom $25,000 is not an issue. I think I saw a post suggesting there were tens of thousands of pinball enthusiasts; multiply that by at least 100 for the Beatles collectors. They will collect anything related to the Beatles. Collectors at every price point. Got something really cool and rare? Name your price.

4. Beatles memorabilia values are still going up despite the band breaking up almost 50 years ago. Think about that - that's 2.5 generations. Some suggest that now is the time to get out of Beatles collecting (much like those saying now is the time to get out of classic cars) because the core fanbase has more money now than it will ever have, but it is graying and will eventually die off. Maybe, but the Beatles aren't just any band; they're regarded by many authorities as the most significant band of all time (notice I didn't say "best" because that term is meaningless without clarification). You want to see the Beatles' appeal to today's teenagers? Go to a Paul McCartney concert. The guy is still performing in his late 70's, and the audiences have loads of kids. Values for top items like autographs, the rarest records and the coolest limited edition licensed items are not likely to stop their upward march anytime soon. (Best comparable item - Yellow Submarine jukebox.) I'll venture a prediction that the Golds might possibly see some resales under $7500 (only by non-Beatles-fan sellers); Platinums might remain at or near MIB original price; but Diamonds will not depreciate in your lifetime. I suspect many of the 100 Diamonds will never see any play, and those prices 8-10 years from now will be insane. If you're lucky, some distros may sell now for less (like the Beatles Store apparently did by jacking up the price of the Golds), but you'll be competing with buyers who know they can flip them for a profit with a little patience.

There is one caveat, and it's a BIG one. If the Beatles grant licenses for more pinball machines (Sgt Pepper, Yellow Submarine, etc.), all bets are off. Price differences between the three versions should come down. It will be interesting to see Apple Corp saying "The first one sold out - why should we reduce the license fee?", and Stern saying "Yes, but you're diluting the marketplace." The 10-pack strategy and the $8K-$25K price range might not work a second time. It may be more like $8-10-15K.

5. Again, some Pinsiders ignore the fact that the license cost from the Beatles must have been very high, maybe more than any other pin license ever. The reason you don't hear the actual Beatles (as opposed to covers) in commercials and films is because it is more expensive to license than any other music. Therefore, all arguments comparing the price to other pinball releases are moot and without merit - "apples to oranges" as they say.

6. The Seawitch vs. totally-new-game-from-scratch discussion is pointless, as is any discussion about playfield features compared to any other game. Read #1 again. I'd never heard of Seawitch, or Stern for that matter, until this month. Loops, drops, multiball, backglass, HUO, distro, Pro/LE/SLE, code, mechs, IAAPA are some of the pin terms I learned just in the past two weeks. Beatles pin buyers (at least the Plat/Dia buyers) don't know or care doodly about Seawitch, drops or loops, etc.

7. In the 1970's my dad took a used coin-op pinball machine and pool table as payment for a debt. Haven't played pinball in probably 35 years. I agree with some who have opined that the scoring into 8 digits seems odd for a 1960's-based theme, as my only previous experience is with 4 or maybe 5 digits. Wish I still had that machine, or could remember its theme, but it's long gone.

8. I also agree that having no MSRP on the Platinum and Diamond machines is horrible for end users. I have been collecting different kinds of things for 50 years, and I've never seen that strategy before. Distros who can afford the carrying cost of a 10-pack must absolutely love it.

9. Yes, I have put my money where my mouth is. I know of what I speak.

10. And one forum suggestion from someone who has been a member of several special interest forums: if you feed the pot stirrers the attention they can't get anywhere else, they never go away. Stop feeding them.

#2817 5 years ago

The Beatles pin might have been created for the Beatles memorabilia collector, but this is a pinball forum. What perspective did you expect to get here?

#2818 5 years ago
Quoted from BeatlesOnly:

After 10 days of reading Pinside posts about the Beatles machine, I have distilled my thoughts into this one giant post.
1. Depsite several Pinsiders trying to clue everyone else in that this pin was made for Beatles fans, the significance of that fact doesn't seem to be sinking in for some. It's not so much a pinball machine as it is a collectible licensed Beatles product. It isn't going to play by the rules of any other pin release. I gleaned from the posts I read that Pinsiders like to buy a machine, play it for a while, sell it and buy a different pin. I get that, but that doesn't describe a Beatles collector. For the most part, they don't buy a rare Beatles record, play it for a while, then sell it so they can get a different record (unless they are upgrading condition). Boredom is rarely a factor with premium Beatles collectors. This is likely the only pin these guys are ever going to have, and they'll keep it a long time. (But wait until the next Beatles pin, distros!)
2. One distro told me he sold his Diamond for $30K; another sold for $25K; the one on eBay has a bid of $25K with time to run. Those are the only Diamond distro sales I know of personally. Other Pinsiders have reported $25K asking prices, so that seems to be the starting line (with one exception noted in #4 below).
3. The vast majority of Pinsiders posting on the Beatles pinball topics have no comprehension of what the Beatles memorabilia world is like, or the number of collectors worldwide. Any licensed memorabilia has a waiting market of persons for whom $25,000 is not an issue. I think I saw a post suggesting there were tens of thousands of pinball enthusiasts; multiply that by at least 100 for the Beatles collectors. They will collect anything related to the Beatles. Collectors at every price point. Got something really cool and rare? Name your price.
4. Beatles memorabilia values are still going up despite the band breaking up almost 50 years ago. Think about that - that's 2.5 generations. Some suggest that now is the time to get out of Beatles collecting (much like those saying now is the time to get out of classic cars) because the core fanbase has more money now than it will ever have, but it is graying and will eventually die off. Maybe, but the Beatles aren't just any band; they're regarded by many authorities as the most significant band of all time (notice I didn't say "best" because that term is meaningless without clarification). You want to see the Beatles' appeal to today's teenagers? Go to a Paul McCartney concert. The guy is still performing in his late 70's, and the audiences have loads of kids. Values for top items like autographs, the rarest records and the coolest limited edition licensed items are not likely to stop their upward march anytime soon. (Best comparable item - Yellow Submarine jukebox.) I'll venture a prediction that the Golds might possibly see some resales under $7500 (only by non-Beatles-fan sellers); Platinums might remain at or near MIB original price; but Diamonds will not depreciate in your lifetime. I suspect many of the 100 Diamonds will never see any play, and those prices 8-10 years from now will be insane. If you're lucky, some distros may sell now for less (like the Beatles Store apparently did by jacking up the price of the Golds), but you'll be competing with buyers who know they can flip them for a profit with a little patience.
There is one caveat, and it's a BIG one. If the Beatles grant licenses for more pinball machines (Sgt Pepper, Yellow Submarine, etc.), all bets are off. Price differences between the three versions should come down. It will be interesting to see Apple Corp saying "The first one sold out - why should we reduce the license fee?", and Stern saying "Yes, but you're diluting the marketplace." The 10-pack strategy and the $8K-$25K price range might not work a second time. It may be more like $8-10-15K.
5. Again, some Pinsiders ignore the fact that the license cost from the Beatles must have been very high, maybe more than any other pin license ever. The reason you don't hear the actual Beatles (as opposed to covers) in commercials and films is because it is more expensive to license than any other music. Therefore, all arguments comparing the price to other pinball releases are moot and without merit - "apples to oranges" as they say.
6. The Seawitch vs. totally-new-game-from-scratch discussion is pointless, as is any discussion about playfield features compared to any other game. Read #1 again. I'd never heard of Seawitch, or Stern for that matter, until this month. Loops, drops, multiball, backglass, HUO, distro, Pro/LE/SLE, code, mechs, IAAPA are some of the pin terms I learned just in the past two weeks. Beatles pin buyers (at least the Plat/Dia buyers) don't know or care doodly about Seawitch, drops or loops, etc.
7. In the 1970's my dad took a used coin-op pinball machine and pool table as payment for a debt. Haven't played pinball in probably 35 years. I agree with some who have opined that the scoring into 8 digits seems odd for a 1960's-based theme, as my only previous experience is with 4 or maybe 5 digits. Wish I still had that machine, or could remember its theme, but it's long gone.
8. I also agree that having no MSRP on the Platinum and Diamond machines is horrible for end users. I have been collecting different kinds of things for 50 years, and I've never seen that strategy before. Distros who can afford the carrying cost of a 10-pack must absolutely love it.
10. And one forum suggestion from someone who has been a member of several special interest forums: if you feed the pot stirrers the attention they can't get anywhere else, they never go away. Stop feeding them.

Can someone give me a tl;dr here?

#2819 5 years ago
Quoted from BeatlesOnly:

"Speaking words of wisdom, let it be".

#2820 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Everybody's got something to hide, except for me and my monkey.

#2821 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

He bought a Beatles pin and is trying to justify it, even though none of us really give a shit.

#2822 5 years ago

Its purty.

#2823 5 years ago

No Pete Best? I'm out!

#2824 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Too...many...words... Is my attention span really that short now? I did give it a serious try but then I just kept thinking, "What if I miss a CrazyLevi GIF post while I'm slogging through all this?"

#2825 5 years ago
Quoted from BeatlesOnly:

It's not so much a pinball machine

Uh huh...

#2826 5 years ago
Quoted from BeatlesOnly:

Thanks for the thoughtful post. It's clear that interest from both camps (Beatles *and* pinball collectors) makes this an interesting release. Not surprising that pinball folks get excited about the game details. Re-purposing an existing Stern design from the 80's makes a lot of sense...plenty of pinball folks appreciate simpler games.

Modernizing a classic 80's layout sounds good to me! If CGC remade games like Centaur/Fathom/Paragon/etc. for 6-7k a pop, they'd sell many (professional restoration of these classic games is much more expensive). Add the timeless/classic Beatles license and custom rules/software, and it's easy to make sense of a "gold" for 8k. If you are correct and many of these are scooped up by Beatles collectors (who are in this for the long haul), then I believe the 8k investment in the "gold" edition will be safe money for anyone making this purchase. Would be fascinating to know how many of the first 1,000 are going to pinballers vs. hardcore beatles collectors (that normally wouldn't purchase a pinball machine).

snaroff

#2827 5 years ago

The price of most pro pinball machines drops $1k after a year, if it is not currently a hot title and ignoring the added mods. So a $7.6k game might be selling as low as $6.6k. Not all sales will be that low, but many will. If the title is still hot and if Stern doesn’t have any available, price of huo 1 year old game will be selling closer to original amount.

In the case of Beatles, most who expressed interest said they would buy a gold between $5k - $6k. So the resale value on golds may need to dip to $6k to guarantee a resale, and the first owner takes the first hit. A second group of Owners will be buying and establishing a new price level for the game. Now, if the game play holds up, the value dropping stops. But if the pin is only mediocre, the game may head downward another $1.5k to around $4.5k, as the second level buyers experience the second hit to their wallet.

The third level of buyers steps in at the new price level and this establishes a resale value.Would I be in that third wave of buyers? The bigger question is how long would that take .... probably five years. However, Beatles golds could just as likely be selling at the original price or even higher in five years, but it probably won’t get to the level I want in less time. So for now I’ll enjoy playing Beatles, wherever I find one. No need to worry about the cost or the depreciation, instead I’ll focus on the song list and whether they can be swapped out in pinbrowser. I’ll add - playing a diamond Beatles pin - to my bucket list...... not happening.

#2828 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The price of most pro pinball machines drops $1k after a year, if it is not currently a hot title and ignoring the added mods. So a $7.6k game might be expected to be sell as low as $6.6k. Not all sales will be that low, but some will. If the title is still hot and if Stern doesn’t have any available, price of huo 1 year old game will be selling closer to original amount.
In the case of Beatles, most who expressed interest said they would buy a gold between $5k - $6k. So the resale value on golds may need to dip to $6k to guarantee a resale, and the first owner takes the first hit. A second group of Owners will be buying and establishing a new price level for the game. Now, if the game play holds up, the value dropping stops. But if the pin is only mediocre, the game may head downward another $1.5k to around $4.5k, as a third level of buyers steps in and a new level develops.
Would I be in that third wave of buyers? The big question is how long would that take .... probably five years away. Beatles golds could be selling for the original price or higher in five years, but it probably won’t get to the level I want in any less time. So for now I’ll enjoy playing one wherever I find one.

I just don’t see this considering there will only be 804 in North America. If we were talking a standard cornerstone game I agree 1000%
Bm66 is probably the closest example to this and Beatles is even in smaller quantities overall. BM66 has been very stable even increased in most instances.

Not saying I think this will dramatically increase in price but I think it will remain stable.

#2829 5 years ago

The price of most pro pinball machines drops $1k after a year, if it is not currently a hot title and ignoring the added mods. So a $7.6k game might be selling as low as $6.6k. Not all sales will be that low, but many will. If the title is still hot and if Stern doesn’t have any available, price of huo 1 year old game will be selling closer to original amount.
In the case of Beatles, most who expressed interest said they would buy a gold between $5k - $6k. So the resale value on golds may need to dip to $6k to guarantee a resale, and the first owner takes the first hit. A second group of Owners will be buying and establishing a new price level for the game. Now, if the game play holds up, the value dropping stops. But if the pin is only mediocre, the game may head downward another $1.5k to around $4.5k, as the second level buyers experience the second hit to their wallet.
The third level of buyers steps in at the new price level and this establishes a resale value.Would I be in that third wave of buyers? The bigger question is how long would that take .... probably five years. However, Beatles golds could just as likely be selling at the original price or even higher in five years, but it probably won’t get to the level I want in less time. So for now I’ll enjoy playing Beatles, wherever I find one. No need to worry about the cost or the depreciation, instead I’ll focus on the song list and whether they can be swapped out in pinbrowser. I’ll add - playing a diamond Beatles pin - to my bucket list...... not happening.

Come on Jeff! $4,500? This isn’t Rob Zombie.

#2830 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Come on Jeff! $4,500? This isn’t Rob Zombie.

I can’t be taking risks anymore

#2831 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I just don’t see this considering there will only be 804 in North America. If we were talking a standard cornerstone game I agree 1000%
Bm66 is probably the closest example to this and Beatles is even in smaller quantities overall. BM66 has been very stable even increased in most instances.
Not saying I think this will dramatically increase in price but I think it will remain stable.

I think WNBJM and PBRCC are closer comparisons. Sure you have the beatles theme but aside from that they are all novelty games.

#2832 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think WNBJM and PBRCC are closer comparisons. Sure you have the beatles theme but aside from that they are all novelty games.

How's the Beatles a novelty game??? Seriously?? It's based on Seawitch which is an awesome game, has extras features and a popular theme. So is TNA a novelty game too?

#2833 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

At this point we can probably just ignore the obvious trolling.

#2834 5 years ago

Show me all these $4400 TWD's, GOTG's and GOT's please. They only get that low if they have been driven like they were stolen on route somewhere.

#2835 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Shit..all pinball is novelty and amusement isn’t it?
Can’t even begin to understand your comparison.

#2836 5 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

How's the Beatles a novelty game??? Seriously?? It's based on Seawitch which is an awesome game, has extras features and a popular theme. So is TNA a novelty game too?

priced high, niche market, "not for pinheads", not conventional, etc...

#2837 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Show me all these $4400 TWD's, GOTG's and GOT's please. They only get that low if they have been driven like they were stolen on route somewhere.

funny, I picked up a local HUO TWDpro for 4200 3 month ago.
they seem to have gone up a hundred bucks or so since they went out of production, but before the one I grabbed I passed one along to a friend for 3850.

picked up a GOTpro with colorDMD and a few other mods for 4200 a month before that.

GOT for 4200 is pretty common
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&radius_latitude=43.116930141923994&radius_longitude=-89.32459831237793&keywords=&ad_machine_key=2233&ad_condition=0&machine_type=&ad_machine_manuf=&year_from=&year_to=&radius_distancekm=0&sort_by=ad_end_date&sort_order=DESC#results

#2838 5 years ago

I'm just excited to get the game. After playing it at IAAPA I think this will be an awesome route game. It's more than Seawitch and the speed of play made it very enjoyable for myself and my daughter to play. Helicon Brewing and Starport will have examples of this game.

#2839 5 years ago

I was able to play the machine at IAAPA this week several times. Here’s some pics and I’ll have Video up on Monday ! My problem with the game is the price! It’s an ok game , I get what they were going for, but the price kills any desire for me to even make my radar jump!

Though the private concert by the Barenaked Ladies at Universal was awesome!

1B51D6AB-C6D5-4683-81E9-22347B0456E2 (resized).jpeg1B51D6AB-C6D5-4683-81E9-22347B0456E2 (resized).jpeg26ED5B28-1DA7-4CAE-9816-B1E493D05303 (resized).jpeg26ED5B28-1DA7-4CAE-9816-B1E493D05303 (resized).jpeg2967E99F-5B16-41F0-9477-58361AD51ABD (resized).jpeg2967E99F-5B16-41F0-9477-58361AD51ABD (resized).jpeg50530826-CC79-4F18-B31B-59C59D79A193 (resized).jpeg50530826-CC79-4F18-B31B-59C59D79A193 (resized).jpegEDD4211C-B44D-4BA6-A910-28DAF9AD5FDF (resized).jpegEDD4211C-B44D-4BA6-A910-28DAF9AD5FDF (resized).jpegEE7CCEB5-F6F6-467F-82D5-DD61D97C46D9 (resized).jpegEE7CCEB5-F6F6-467F-82D5-DD61D97C46D9 (resized).jpeg
#2840 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep. I was shocked they sold even one 10 pack. But that party has apparently ended.

Lmao

Yup. Its all over. Again. For the 678th time this thread.

All I know is I hope all stern invoices are paid up. We don’t want another dodgy situation here when they go tits up next week.

#2841 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Authority on pinball made fake account to post a bunch of stuff they wanted to say anonymously.

#2842 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

TWD price trend is down. I can totally see that price range for a TWD Pro. You can get a Prem now for mid-5's (actual vs asking).

#2843 5 years ago

Seawitch is an amazing game, if this is a carbon copy with a Beatles theme count me in! My dad always said to me that when buying a car, if you have to ask the price you probably can’t afford it so don’t buy it. Well pinball machines I feel the same way. If you haven’t played this game yet, don’t bother bashing please. If you’ve played it and have an opinion, bash away or compliment it and please do share. There are a lot of us buyers (that don’t post) that really don’t care about the price and would love to hear what you think of the game! P.S. this game selling out is a no brainer. Just trying to decide, platinum or diamond?

#2844 5 years ago

My lukewarm reception is ultimately caused by the re-use of an old pinball design. Seawitch.

I hope that the reuse use of old pinball playfields is not becoming a new normal.

But ultimately in this game I am just a player not an owner. I look forward to trying it, not buying it.

#2845 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

There are a lot of us buyers (that don’t post) that really don’t care about the price. Just trying to decide, platinum or diamond?

If you don’t care about price and a fan of anything Beatles. I have an original signed by all 4 Beatles, Abby Road sign and light post to sell. Does $250k sound alright? Or I have a platinum version that isn’t original for half price? Stern and I love people that could careless about pricing and have oddles to spend. Supreme!

#2846 5 years ago

The score reels are simulated on the LCD. So, how come all the numbers don't all line up? Number 6 bottom left is too high?

Is it done deliberately to look like the rat trap reels that hardly ever line up right?!

#2847 5 years ago

I would think its on purpose. You simply couldn't ignore that kind of bug if you were programming the reels.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The score reels are simulated on the LCD. So, how come all the numbers don't all line up? Number 6 bottom left is too high?
Is it done deliberately to look like the rat trap reels that hardly ever line up right?!

#2848 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

My lukewarm reception is ultimately caused by the re-use of an old pinball design. Seawitch.
I hope that the reuse use of old pinball playfields is not becoming a new normal.
But ultimately in this game I am just a player not an owner. I look forward to trying it, not buying it.

You can stop watching movies & TV shows then, they just reuse old show ideas there too.

#2849 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

tl;dr = Kaneda

#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

There have been quite a few sales of those games in the $4.4k to $4.8k range, just this year. Not every sale but many. Not always next door, so you may need to drive a distance or pay to ship.

You chose two hot titles - TWD and GOT and one warm title - GOTG, so they won’t reach all the way down to the literal $1k drop. See pics.

When they come up you need the fortitude to pull the trigger. Don’t ask a bunch of extraneous question or try to get the price $100 lower. Heck, you can buy huo of 90%+ of the top 100 titles for under $5k if you are paying attention. You can likewise get 90%+ of the top 200 also.

0608F779-A75D-47C5-9BB9-D6B94DC1409B (resized).jpeg0608F779-A75D-47C5-9BB9-D6B94DC1409B (resized).jpeg28954851-1213-48A4-A1B0-6E97277813C1 (resized).png28954851-1213-48A4-A1B0-6E97277813C1 (resized).png3023B79F-0C40-47DC-BD0C-06F8B14CEFF8 (resized).png3023B79F-0C40-47DC-BD0C-06F8B14CEFF8 (resized).png543BBA03-2564-4EFD-9A07-15114795A9D6 (resized).png543BBA03-2564-4EFD-9A07-15114795A9D6 (resized).png5575BFF2-15B0-4B88-B87C-1CABE94E5D96 (resized).png5575BFF2-15B0-4B88-B87C-1CABE94E5D96 (resized).pngBAA31474-151E-4EE0-8D3D-4DFDD35D98C3 (resized).pngBAA31474-151E-4EE0-8D3D-4DFDD35D98C3 (resized).pngCE3982CB-3B6C-420E-8C31-139CC8D7B059 (resized).pngCE3982CB-3B6C-420E-8C31-139CC8D7B059 (resized).pngE7B96AD0-73B2-44EF-B433-1CF6BF23568A (resized).pngE7B96AD0-73B2-44EF-B433-1CF6BF23568A (resized).png57AEADB6-516E-4D28-80A4-82D212F239FD (resized).png57AEADB6-516E-4D28-80A4-82D212F239FD (resized).png717166EE-637B-4E2C-B43C-94F6D47C5636 (resized).png717166EE-637B-4E2C-B43C-94F6D47C5636 (resized).png32EEE893-F899-4F41-9B53-5D57FDCEA696 (resized).png32EEE893-F899-4F41-9B53-5D57FDCEA696 (resized).pngACE44B86-DFDE-43B1-8F45-805B5F230412 (resized).pngACE44B86-DFDE-43B1-8F45-805B5F230412 (resized).pngB281CBE1-A1AF-42AC-A1A4-63E4E385E069 (resized).pngB281CBE1-A1AF-42AC-A1A4-63E4E385E069 (resized).pngA7A79E90-19CE-448B-9882-E1B3EB94FE1B (resized).pngA7A79E90-19CE-448B-9882-E1B3EB94FE1B (resized).png9811562B-2E7E-4AD6-8DFE-432CEE359C57 (resized).png9811562B-2E7E-4AD6-8DFE-432CEE359C57 (resized).pngC86187FF-A66D-424B-A3F4-539608C6235F (resized).pngC86187FF-A66D-424B-A3F4-539608C6235F (resized).png80E4F81F-47F4-45B8-9C48-8CD266D6650F (resized).png80E4F81F-47F4-45B8-9C48-8CD266D6650F (resized).png5F7854DC-9759-4DEB-99C6-8BFEEA907888 (resized).png5F7854DC-9759-4DEB-99C6-8BFEEA907888 (resized).png945F4FE3-7462-4EB3-B683-27A3DFC3234F (resized).png945F4FE3-7462-4EB3-B683-27A3DFC3234F (resized).png62965FDB-BA14-4F42-87F2-1D1C3A96B7F9 (resized).png62965FDB-BA14-4F42-87F2-1D1C3A96B7F9 (resized).png58291FA3-3E35-499E-99E6-C008495E29E2 (resized).png58291FA3-3E35-499E-99E6-C008495E29E2 (resized).png3E8FA28C-C019-4979-A3DC-5FAA65874F6F (resized).png3E8FA28C-C019-4979-A3DC-5FAA65874F6F (resized).png42846CE2-7D55-437D-9FDC-755F71BC04D9 (resized).png42846CE2-7D55-437D-9FDC-755F71BC04D9 (resized).png3C400650-D078-45BE-8958-9EA5F253F461 (resized).png3C400650-D078-45BE-8958-9EA5F253F461 (resized).png23D8351C-3138-452C-A19E-715B6C96659A (resized).png23D8351C-3138-452C-A19E-715B6C96659A (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 45.00
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.
Cabinet parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/57?hl=mcbpalisade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.