(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 76.
#2701 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A small nitpick from me - going with the "simulated EM reels," I think they should have laid off the score inflation. Make it 6 digit scoring instead of 8. Coming from an EM guy, All those zeros looks funny.

It would be dope if it had over the top lights in the back box and a buzzer when you roll it

#2702 5 years ago

Golds only @ 10k each from the Beatles store. Probably should contact a stern distributor for a better deal. Coin Taker is always a great choice.

#2703 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Kind of hard to tell from the video we’ve seen so far but I think the songs are longer than many here are expecting.

I believe Joe K confirmed that they're as long as they need to be for the mode they're designed for. So some are 45 second clips and others are closer to two minutes.

#2704 5 years ago

Sorry if I missed it but did anyone mention what the replay sound is? Did they go with an actual knocker?

#2705 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Beatles store has cracked into their second 10-pack.

Wonder if they'd throw in a set of those Super Soft bed sheets??

#2706 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Beatles store has cracked into their second 10-pack.

Got a link?

#2707 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I truly hope you enjoy your game Iceman and I love you brother, but still sad to see the flip flop on the principle of not buying into the cash grab and then changing so dramatically before even playing for yourself. Game looks fun so I am sure you will dig it, but man... 8k for that is just sad IMHO.

Come on Snowman!

I never really cared about how much money Stern makes or doesn't. The Platinum and Diamond is ridiculous but hey if that's what some people want then so be it.

Pricing for any pin these days is really kind of "sad" but i get what you are saying.

I just really like pinball and what got me was the videos and talking to a couple of people I respect that did play it.

My wife commented on it too so that played a factor (although not much of one )

I looked at all the pros and cons, argued with myself, and then made the flip decision! Fickle and impulsive.....

#2709 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Come on Snowman!
I never really cared about how much money Stern makes or doesn't. The Platinum and Diamond is ridiculous but hey if that's what some people want then so be it.
Pricing for any pin these days is really kind of "sad" but i get what you are saying.
I just really like pinball and what got me was the videos and talking to a couple of people I respect that did play it.
My wife commented on it too so that played a factor (although not much of one )
I looked at all the pros and cons, argued with myself, and then made the flip decision! Fickle and impulsive.....

it is all good!

I hope you love it. And when you don't, I will give you 6k for it

#2710 5 years ago

I'm not seeing it. I am seeing that the Diamond and Platinum are sold out for the fictitious prices of $10,000.00. And the Gold is still available for the the "we'll screw you if you are asleep" price of $10,000.00

I don't think The Beatles store is moving these pins. It is all for show, IMO.

#2711 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it is all good!
I hope you love it. And when you don't, I will give you 6k for it

Great. Stern is doing the cash grab at the high prices and you are laying in wait for dinner to die

#2712 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm not seeing it. I am seeing that the Diamond and Platinum are sold out for the fictitious prices of $10,000.00. And the Gold is still available for the the "we'll screw you if you are asleep" price of $10,000.00
I don't think The Beatles store is moving these pins. It is all for show, IMO.

You put 8 Golds in your cart to see how many golds they have left (it will give an error with the number of golds in inventory). They had 4, then 3, then 1, then today they had 7 again, which means a new 10 pack. Could they be manipulating the numbers? Maybe. But I don't think they care enough to do that. So by my count they've sold at least 10 and are into their next 10.

#2713 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They had 4, then 3, then 1, then today they had 7 again, which means a new 10 pack.

It means we've all been going in there and loading their cart with these machines at diff'rent times of the day

#2714 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You put 8 Golds in your cart to see how many golds they have left (it will give an error with the number of golds in inventory). They had 4, then 3, then 1, then today they had 7 again, which means a new 10 pack. Could they be manipulating the numbers? Maybe. But I don't think they care enough to do that. So by my count they've sold at least 10 and are into their next 10.

Interesting. I did add 8 to that cart and was told 7 is maximum.

For the inflated price of $10,000.00 is it possible Stern is just peeling off more Golds to make an extra killing on the unsuspecting?

#2715 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For the inflated price of $10,000.00 is it possible Stern is just peeling off more Golds to make an extra killing on the unsuspecting?

Unlikely. 7 is the maxumum because that's all they have (the number goes down as they sell them). Coincidentally, that's how many golds are in a fresh 10 pack, so that's why I believe they're into the beginning of their second 10 pack.

#2716 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I believe Joe K confirmed that they're as long as they need to be for the mode they're designed for. So some are 45 second clips and others are closer to two minutes.

Is that the same Joe K who claimed the Beatles pinball was going to be reasonably priced? FAIL!

Quoted from cottonm4:

Only reasons I can think of for a man to wanna buy 8 Beatles golds is that you either wanted to shut iceman up or you clearly love gold both are fine with me.

#2717 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

....(the number goes down as they sell them). ....

Ahhh I get it. It goes down until it goes up.

#2718 5 years ago

Played the game quite a bit again this morning.
I enjoy the gameplay!!

2BD12ACD-B405-4610-969B-79C13C388094 (resized).jpeg2BD12ACD-B405-4610-969B-79C13C388094 (resized).jpeg7FED3342-CE68-4A92-AC5C-C9A4FD416138 (resized).jpeg7FED3342-CE68-4A92-AC5C-C9A4FD416138 (resized).jpegE85DC5B2-02F4-4042-81A4-8E6FDE0C467A (resized).jpegE85DC5B2-02F4-4042-81A4-8E6FDE0C467A (resized).jpeg

#2719 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I’m going to go back today and I’ll get a really good video of the game. Let me tell you a review however.. the game art is a 10 out of 10. The graphics on screen is amazing. Forget the whole sea witch thing... the game is fun. I would say anyone could play the game. I think the game was meant for Beatle fans, or a game meant to be Sterns Wizard of Oz. Meaning a lot of rich people will end up owning this game. The game has a lot attention to detail like using classic pinball game sounds, making the scoring looking like its a 60s game... they did a great job.
The game is just fun. I’m giving the game a 10 out of 10 based on the theme. This was probably Sterns best work ever paying with attention to detail. I wouldn’t give Stern a lot of credit on most other games but this one was nailed. It could be that KAPAW who nailed the details for Batman 66 is the real star here.. who knows. I’ve never seen a stern game with this much attention to detail based on the theme other than Batman 66.
With all that being said now we move onto the price... just like with Batman 66 it was expensive. The game is worth if it if you’re big Beatles fan. This game will probably end up in every single multi millionaires car garage, basement, etc. It’s really that nice.
When you think back to KAPOW and Batman 66 basically doing a great design but using the Dark Knight pinball game, so KAPOW has done the same thing here with Beatles. I guess this is the KAPOW way... great at theming and their games will focus on the people who collect. Who knows.
The game is fun and looks incredible. The hard core pinball tournament player may not like it because its kind of an easy game. But I don’t think their goal was to make the best pinball game ever, I think the goal was to make the best possible retro Beatles themed pinball. I would say mission accomplished.
The game is amazing.
As for the price they’re selling this game for 8k. They said the Diamonds are already sold all 100.
With all this being said Monster Bash LE would be my favorite of all the new pinballs. That is a masterpiece. Any current Monster Bash owner is going to be blown away by this game.
Larry

Did you have success in getting a good video today?

#2720 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Played the game quite a bit again this morning.
I enjoy the gameplay, but this is still a pass for me.
My collection and personal Preference is for 90’s till Now Pins.
For me, a game without ramps and such isnt really something I am looking for.
I enjoyed the shots, and the LCD Clips and Animations were very well done.
The Software I believe is pretty much done ( it was done by the Stern Team with the help of a contractor ( I was told)
I did manage to get to the main Wizard Multiball ( Had a killer Game) Almost Beat Zack Sharpe)
Once completed, I started over again with no songs lit ( and it seemed like i had run of of things to do)
For me, this would get old quickly...
Overall, much better pin then I thought and It is a lot of Fun to Play!
Artwork is great!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How many balls is main wizard mode?

#2721 5 years ago

Never noticed the signatures on the translite in the previous pics.

#2722 5 years ago

To those of you who have played this: Is there a way to collect your bonus while the ball is still in play? Or does the ball have to drain before you collect bonus?

#2723 5 years ago

So Beatlemania pinball is “supposedly” a throwback to 1964 and what the pin would have looked like. In spite of using a cabinet in the style of a modern pin and an lcd, which was not commercially viable. At least the game uses score reels and the backglass is authentic, right? Well there are no score wheels, but it looks like them somehow and the number of digits has been expanded to infinity. See list of 1964 pins and highest produced backglasses.

0A3D4753-6CD7-49E9-8BBD-7228F9FF2FDD (resized).png0A3D4753-6CD7-49E9-8BBD-7228F9FF2FDD (resized).png2AB4BE89-4FFA-4B34-A15D-975F67725811 (resized).png2AB4BE89-4FFA-4B34-A15D-975F67725811 (resized).png60D90F96-7240-4542-A6EC-C3CA0425BB2F (resized).png60D90F96-7240-4542-A6EC-C3CA0425BB2F (resized).png66DA852C-9929-4CD2-803B-B834B9B50F17 (resized).png66DA852C-9929-4CD2-803B-B834B9B50F17 (resized).png
#2724 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So Beatlemania pinball is “supposedly” a throwback to 1964 and what the pin would have looked like. In spite of using a cabinet in the style of a modern pin and an lcd, which was not commercially viable. At least the game uses score reels and the backglass is authentic, right? Well there are no score wheels, but it looks like them somehow and the number of digits has been expanded to infinity. See list of 1964 pins and highest produced backglasses.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Huh?

#2725 5 years ago

He didn’t want OP to feel lonely posting lengthy superfluous lists, so he joined the party!

#2726 5 years ago

Definitely not going to read 55 pages to see if it's already been said. Probably it has, more than once, but here is where I come down:

I'm pretty sure I already have a machine with pretty much the same layout! WTF....

Screenshot_20181114-215446_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181114-215446_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2727 5 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Definitely not going to read 55 pages to see if it's already been said. Probably it has, more than once, but here is where I come down:

I'm pretty sure I already have a machine with pretty much the same layout! WTF....

Post of the day!

#2728 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Umm.... You are a genius!
How did no one see this before!!
How DARE they! I demand answers!

#2729 5 years ago

"HEY! YOUR FUCKIN' CHALUPA SUCKS, DUDE!"

#2730 5 years ago

What this pin really needs is a hologram of them playing over the playfield that you can shoot balls at for points. That would really sell!

*cough*

#2731 5 years ago

I’ve changed my vote from a maybe to a YES, I’m in and am very excited to be
The greatest band of all time, with their very first pin and a limited release no less

#2732 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Probably could have just read the first page.

#2733 5 years ago

[quoted image]

I know, right? It's so similar, it's uncanny! No way this was a mistake or a coincidence, IMO...

#2734 5 years ago

So what is the next show/opportunity to actually play this game?

Since it is "sold out" that will be my only chance to check one out

Also... I loved this quote combined with the pinside auto advertising in the other thread so much I had to share it

sold out (resized).JPGsold out (resized).JPG
#2735 5 years ago

A Hitler being outraged at iceman flip flop needs to be made

#2736 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So what is the next show/opportunity to actually play this game?
Since it is "sold out" that will be my only chance to check one out
Also... I loved this quote combined with the pinside auto advertising in the other thread so much I had to share it [quoted image]

Is the first 1000 sold out to distros really that hard for some of you guys to comprehend? Its really strange how the people that claim that they want no part of this game are the ones constantly obsessing over it.

#2737 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Is the first 1000 sold out to distros really that hard for some of you guys to comprehend? Its really strange how the people that claim that they want no part of this game are the ones constantly obsessing over it.

Here's something hard to comprehend.... Math. 1000 isn't sold out. There's still 964 left to go.

The phrase "sold out" is made out of English words that have meaning. It's how communication works.

#2738 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Here's something hard to comprehend.... Math. 1000 isn't sold out. There's still 964 left to go.
The phrase "sold out" is made out of English words that have meaning. It's how communication works.

Lol, why are you worked up over this? Who cares? You literally just repeated what I said but in a snarky way. The first run is sold out from stern. I'm sorry that this upsets you so.

#2739 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

not hard to understand, but neither is math...

1000/1964 = .5091 = 50.9% sold out to distributors
Checking with the distributors I have called, 100% of them have Golds readily available (as clearly seen there are even 4 ads on Pinside right now)

We are more than a week in and it appears less that 25% of the total run is actually 'sold out' to real customers. Keep in mind this game is "limited", "half are going overseas", and "there are millions of Beatles fans buying these up quickly". All that despite this being the longest real sell out of a Stern game that we have seen since WWE.

#2740 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not hard to understand, but neither is math...
1000/1964 = .5091 = 50.9% sold out to distributors
Checking with the distributors I have called, 100% of them have Golds readily available (as clearly seen there are even 4 ads on Pinside right now)
We are more than a week in and it appears less that 25% of the total run is actually 'sold out' to real customers. Keep in mind this game is "limited", "half are going overseas", and "there are millions of Beatles fans buying these up quickly". All that despite this being the longest real sell out of a Stern game that we have seen since WWE.

How could stern sell out any of there other runs other then Supreme? None of them are limited, if there is demand they just keep making them.

Please stop making up percentages. You have no clue what's sold and what hasn't. You randomly guessing something is silly and yet you try to state it as a fact.

#2741 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Lol, why are you worked up over this? Who cares? You literally just repeated what I said but in a snarky way. The first run is sold out from stern. I'm sorry that this upsets you so.

Calmer than you, bro.....

#2742 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Calmer than you, bro.....

Doesn't seem that way. You seem pretty worried about this stuff. Just and FYI, the first sign that you are lost is when you are trading upvotes with whysnow.

#2743 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Doesn't seem that way. You seem pretty worried about this stuff. Just and FYI, the first sign that you are lost is when you are trading upvotes with whysnow.

I'm not worked up. I'm playing on a message board that exists to talk about playing a game. It's cool.

#2744 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

2 people are laughing our asses off right now, I can assure you that.

TAMOORE is spitting fire this morning. Has me cracking up, combined with your replies

#2745 5 years ago

Question for anyone who has actually played Beatles.

Does the spinning record mech appear to be the same mech as in Xmen? No way I’m going to get to play one before buying but I’m pretty tempted by this.

#2746 5 years ago

Some photos...

20181114_112958 (resized).jpg20181114_112958 (resized).jpg20181114_112956 (resized).jpg20181114_112956 (resized).jpg20181114_112953 (resized).jpg20181114_112953 (resized).jpg20181114_112951 (resized).jpg20181114_112951 (resized).jpg
#2747 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Question for anyone who has actually played Beatles.
Does the spinning record mech appear to be the same mech as in Xmen? No way I’m going to get to play one before buying but I’m pretty tempted by this.

As long as the spinning magnetic disk captures the ball and there's a callout saying "Hear me now Beatles fans for I'm your oldest, deadliest foe" I'm in. Then LSD multiball can start.

#2748 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Umm.... You are a genius!
How did no one see this before!!
How DARE they! I demand answers!

Quoted from Metaluna5:

"HEY! YOUR FUCKIN' CHALUPA SUCKS, DUDE!"

Quoted from cooked71:

Probably could have just read the first page.

Sorry for being so late to the party. Next time I'll bring dessert. Last night was the first time I'd taken any interest in looking at an image of the Beatles. My curiosity is satisfied. At least now I understand why one partygoer thought there would be some witches hitting the market with this release. Carry on. I'm gonna go see if there's anything left to eat or drink....

#2749 5 years ago

This thread should be pinned so new people can understand the Pinside Progression.

1. Stern releases teaser
2. Frothy hateful bile spews forth
3. “I will never buy this [overpriced/ugly] game and Stern should personally apologize to me for existing”
4. People play game
5. “Oh that looks fun, Stern take all my monies”

#2750 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

This thread should be pinned so new people can understand the Pinside Progression.
1. Stern releases teaser
2. Frothy hateful bile spews forth
3. “I will never buy this [overpriced/ugly] game and Stern should personally apologize to me for existing”
4. People play game
5. “Oh that looks fun, Stern take all my monies”

It's like groundhog day but funnier.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/55?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.