(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 76.
#2601 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You have a Seawitch. Would this new pin fit into a collection next to Seawitch? Is there room for one of each? Or would Seawitch have to leave?

In my opinion, most definitely.
The additional shots, music, LCD, and best of all multi ball, make it a completely different game.
I think they would compliment each other if you have the room. Seawitch has the classic 80s sounds and displays, Beatles has an awesome sound setup and LCD.

#2602 5 years ago

Just found this thread and am too lazy to read it. I like that the spinning record is lit from below and shines around the edges and that reminds me some of Trons recognizer. I don’t like that record is spinning all the time. I have $4.5k set aside, which distributor wants to sell me a BeatlesWitch pinball?

#2603 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I have $4.5k set aside, which distributor wants to sell me a BeatlesWitch pinball?

PM Whysnow - he was offering ~$6k but maybe he's got some leads on distributors desperate to move this baby at a serious loss.

#2604 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pinball people are a crazy fickle bunch right?

From the videos shown and LCD animations especially and 1.04 code it’s not what I was expecting!

Thus, I’m officially on the Beatles Love Train now thanks to Jonathan and ASOA. A great dude!!

Looks super fun, right? I'm in on a second-hand one next year or the hopefully inevitable Seawitch 2.0 re-theme w/ original sounds and lcd display + spinning magnetic clam.

#2605 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

PM whysnow - he was offering ~$6k but maybe he's got some leads on distributors desperate to move this baby at a serious loss.

At $6000 I would probably get one. At $8000 it is not likely at all.

#2606 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Looks super fun, right? I'm in on a second-hand one next year or the hopefully inevitable Seawitch 2.0 re-theme w/ original sounds and lcd display + spinning magnetic clam.

Smart thing to do is get one on secondary market but I lack serious patience and i just sold IMDN so.......

Who was that "drug dealer" in the white shirt in SDTM's Beatles video?

Oh yeah, its Gary, and I'm feeling like the "lab rat tapping on the cocaine dispenser".....

#2607 5 years ago

Man... Iceman approved. That should sell quite a few! They should seriously give you a discount for coming around on this one haha.

#2608 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Smart thing to do is get one on secondary market but I lack serious patience and i just sold IMDN so...

It is offical. Iceman is nuts.

Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
I bought one.

rd

#2609 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
I bought one.

rd

Lol. Yes I am nuts RD, like Jimmy B. says, “if we weren’t all crazy we might go insane”

I want to love all pinball and when I saw the videos it was kind of like a blind date gone really good for me!

Plus ASOA was great to deal with

#2610 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pinball people are a crazy fickle bunch right?
From the videos shown and LCD animations especially and 1.04 code it’s not what I was expecting!
Thus, I’m officially on the Beatles Love Train now thanks to Jonathan and ASOA. A great dude!!

That's awesome. Beatles does look like a cool pin with a nice blend of classic gameplay combined with newer tech. As much as I love the newer games with ramps and a bunch of toys there's still something about EM's that make them a lot of fun. The slower pace of play is a nice change to have in a lineup of modern pins. Beatles really comes across as a hybrid of a game from the 60's with the code, display and lighting tech (+ auto ball save, lol) of today's modern games.

#2611 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Man... Iceman approved. That should sell quite a few! They should seriously give you a discount for coming around on this one haha.

If that’s the case I better fucking get one for free!!!!

Hey I’m happy for the iceman. You know what’s more fun than hating something? Enjoying it!!

Can’t wait to play the game myself. Any day now.

#2612 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If that’s the case I better fucking get one for free!!!!

You and Vid deserve a free Diamond!

#2613 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You and Vid deserve a free Diamond!

My thing was never OMG THIS GAME LOOKS LIKE THE BEST THING EVER it was just “shut the Fuck up and let’s see how this turns out.”

I think it’s turning out to be pretty cool. We’ll see when it hits the streets.

#2614 5 years ago

Looks fun.

Hope they eventually release a seawitch 2000.

#2615 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My thing was never OMG THIS GAME LOOKS LIKE THE BEST THING EVER it was just “shut the Fuck up and let’s see how this turns out.”
I think it’s turning out to be pretty cool. We’ll see when it hits the streets.

Right on. My only issue was/is price but it has turned out really cool imo. Def a change of pace and I like different

I mean the code at 1.04 and LCD integration at shipping is kind of wow factor. Not sure how that happened but it swayed me!

#2616 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. Yes I am nuts RD, like Jimmy B. says, “if we weren’t all crazy we might go insane”

I can see the TV show Intervention will be filming at Iceman's house soon!

Heh. Just kidding. Enjoy the Pin!

#2617 5 years ago

I will say it is going to be interesting to play my first game. Was not a fan of TNA which kind of follows the same recipe in no ramps, but it has scoops... but anyways...

Seawitch = lots of good memories

Sea-tles = retro AF but more mania than Pepper... looks like teen girl bedroom circa 1964

Will the play win me over? The vids make me want to play it... The damn machine has its work cut out to make me want to buy it. Just saying.

#2618 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

West Long Branch, NJ – Nearly five decades after they broke up, the Beatles are the clear leader when Americans name the greatest rock and roll band of all time. The Monmouth University Poll finds that fully 86% of U.S. adults like the Beatles while only 8% dislike them.
Read the rest here https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_110818/
I guess this settles it..............

And this is really news to some people? Ok...

#2619 5 years ago

Buy one!
Looks fun, feed that addiction!

Just remember though, Beatles will quickly sound like Maiden after the initial novelty wears off.

Hellppp!!

#2620 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Buy it!
Looks fun, feed that addiction!
Just remember though, Beatles will quickly sound like Maiden after the initial novelty wears off.
That’s ok, Munsters is coming!!

That's the thing Vino, Beatles sounds nothing like Maiden and I agree, the novelty factor might wear off quick on this one BUT, the pin is a novelty itself and might actually bring in some family members to play this F ing thing. I have nothing else that works.

Either way, Munsters will fit nicely as well!

#2621 5 years ago

Glad to read the attitude change on Beatles Iceman.
I too am seriously considering pulling one Gold back for me Casa.
Although I’m 45, I’ve been a strong Beatles fan since my early 20’s. I’ve always preferred Rubber Soul onward but after seeing the game play and LCD integration. I’m sold on it as well.

#2622 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Glad to read the attitude change on Beatles Iceman.
I too am seriously considering pulling one Gold back for me Casa.
Although I’m 45, I’ve been a strong Beatles fan since my early 20’s. I’ve always preferred Rubber Soul onward but after seeing the game play and LCD integration. I’m sold on it as well.

The Beatles are timeless Hassellcastle! Doesn't matter what age you are. They did a great job on the song choice too which given the options it could have gone so many different directions....

It will be a FUN pin to play at home!

#2623 5 years ago

I’m sorry, this is Pinside.com right? This is the part that everyone turns direction at once and starts liking a newly released game?

#2625 5 years ago

iceman44 is the closest thing the pinball hobby has to a social media influencer. You getting this game for free ice?

#2626 5 years ago

I’m not in the right state of mind right now to enjoy this..... right now.

Might be time to dust off the vcr

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2627 5 years ago

Lots and lots of center drains from the spinning record.

#2628 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

The Magnet could help!

#2629 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Didnt have a single one today after playing multiple times

9D608385-D078-45E5-B4A2-3F01EB2C239B (resized).jpeg9D608385-D078-45E5-B4A2-3F01EB2C239B (resized).jpeg
#2630 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

[quoted image]

1AFDE2FC-E8E0-462A-A046-C1EC692B64F7 (resized).jpeg1AFDE2FC-E8E0-462A-A046-C1EC692B64F7 (resized).jpeg
#2631 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

[quoted image]

That's good to hear. I was just basing that off the view videos I saw.

#2632 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I’m not in the right state of mind right now to enjoy this..... right now.
Might be time to dust off the vcr
[quoted image]

Is weed legal in Texas yet?

#2633 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

iceman44 is the closest thing the pinball hobby has to a social media influencer. You getting this game for free ice?

You know me Cooked, I'm just trying to love me some pinball and drink a few beers along the way!

I'm just trading out an IMDN for Beatles, sounds crazy right?

The artwork looks awesome to me, song choice, code 1.04 and sort of has the "intangible" factor going for it right?

And the LCD......Wow

#2634 5 years ago

I am terrified that new pinball machine might bring joy

#2635 5 years ago

One justified complaint on most new Stern games is it's hard to see the score.

Even the four-player looks great here with the reels. Excellent design choice here, especially considering the target audience. Regardless, they should continue to prioritize player-friendly score visuals.

#2636 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
Beatles is a rip off.
I bought one.

No, he's not nuts RD, he's had a true pinball conversion experience.
It's a pinball miracle!
He's finally seen the light.
Welcome Iceman to the Beatles Pinball Church.
Your sins are forgiven.

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#2637 5 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Biggest shooting difference I noticed is that the loop is repeatable from the upper right flipper, I think I hit 8 in a row, so cool!

One other item I notice that is different from Seawitch. Beatles is using the smaller nose Williams style flipper bats where Seawitch used to larger nose Bally style flipper bats. The Williams style with the smaller nose at the upper right flipper makes it easier to shoot the spinner from the lower left flipper.

#2638 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

No, he's not nuts RD, he's had a true pinball conversion experience.
It's a pinball miracle!
He's finally seen the light.
Welcome Iceman to the Beatles Pinball Church.
Your sins are forgiven. [quoted image]

LOL.

Iceman then - 'no way I am buying this over-priced cash grab'.

Iceman now - 'just saw video, it's shiny, new, bright, and has lots of trippy colors on the LCD'.

'Must buy now! '

Gary - 'don't like to tell you all that I told ya so'

#2639 5 years ago

I’m going to go back today and I’ll get a really good video of the game. Let me tell you a review however.. the game art is a 10 out of 10. The graphics on screen is amazing. Forget the whole sea witch thing... the game is fun. I would say anyone could play the game. I think the game was meant for Beatle fans, or a game meant to be Sterns Wizard of Oz. Meaning a lot of rich people will end up owning this game. The game has a lot attention to detail like using classic pinball game sounds, making the scoring looking like its a 60s game... they did a great job.

The game is just fun. I’m giving the game a 10 out of 10 based on the theme. This was probably Sterns best work ever paying with attention to detail. I wouldn’t give Stern a lot of credit on most other games but this one was nailed. It could be that KAPAW who nailed the details for Batman 66 is the real star here.. who knows. I’ve never seen a stern game with this much attention to detail based on the theme other than Batman 66.

With all that being said now we move onto the price... just like with Batman 66 it was expensive. The game is worth if it if you’re big Beatles fan. This game will probably end up in every single multi millionaires car garage, basement, etc. It’s really that nice.

When you think back to KAPOW and Batman 66 basically doing a great design but using the Dark Knight pinball game, so KAPOW has done the same thing here with Beatles. I guess this is the KAPOW way... great at theming and their games will focus on the people who collect. Who knows.

The game is fun and looks incredible. The hard core pinball tournament player may not like it because its kind of an easy game. But I don’t think their goal was to make the best pinball game ever, I think the goal was to make the best possible retro Beatles themed pinball. I would say mission accomplished.

The game is amazing.

As for the price they’re selling this game for 8k. They said the Diamonds are already sold all 100.

With all this being said Monster Bash LE would be my favorite of all the new pinballs. That is a masterpiece. Any current Monster Bash owner is going to be blown away by this game.

Larry

#2640 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I’m going to go back today and I’ll get a really good video of the game. Let me tell you a review however.. the game art is a 10 out of 10. The graphics on screen is amazing. Forget the whole sea witch thing... the game is fun. I would say anyone could play the game. I think the game was meant for Beatle fans, or a game meant to be Sterns Wizard of Oz. Meaning a lot of rich people will end up owning this game. The game has a lot attention to detail like using classic pinball game sounds, making the scoring looking like its a 60s game... they did a great job.
The game is just fun. I’m giving the game a 10 out of 10 based on the theme. This was probably Sterns best work ever paying with attention to detail. I wouldn’t give Stern a lot of credit on most other games but this one was nailed. It could be that KAPAW who nailed the details for Batman 66 is the real star here.. who knows. I’ve never seen a stern game with this much attention to detail based on the theme other than Batman 66.
With all that being said now we move onto the price... just like with Batman 66 it was expensive. The game is worth if it if you’re big Beatles fan. This game will probably end up in every single multi millionaires car garage, basement, etc. It’s really that nice.
When you think back to KAPOW and Batman 66 basically doing a great design but using the Dark Knight pinball game, so KAPOW has done the same thing here with Beatles. I guess this is the KAPOW way... great at theming and their games will focus on the people who collect. Who knows.
The game is fun and looks incredible. The hard core pinball tournament player may not like it because its kind of an easy game. But I don’t think their goal was to make the best pinball game ever, I think the goal was to make the best possible retro Beatles themed pinball. I would say mission accomplished.
The game is amazing.
As for the price they’re selling this game for 8k. They said the Diamonds are already sold all 100.
With all this being said Monster Bash LE would be my favorite of all the new pinballs. That is a masterpiece. Any current Monster Bash owner is going to be blown away by this game.
Larry

I agree Larry. I was at IAAPA all day yesterday and I remember unboxing MB brand new. It never looked like this. Just blown away.

Back to the Beatles. Great gameplay in my estimation. I had a few uninterrupted games on it and it was very enjoyable. Much faster than even the nicest of Seawitch's so that is intriguing to me. I will certainly enjoy this purchase. =)

#2641 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmuis:

This thing reminds me of this
[quoted image]

In that it’s a super fun game you’ve never played?!

#2642 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's the thing Vino, Beatles sounds nothing like Maiden and I agree, the novelty factor might wear off quick on this one BUT, the pin is a novelty itself and might actually bring in some family members to play this F ing thing. I have nothing else that works.
Either way, Munsters will fit nicely as well!

I hope Munsters is targeted and priced for pinball fans instead of just monster lovers. I understand enthusiasm for playing a Beatles pin, but hearing it called a 10 out of 10, or finding out someone traded an Iron Maiden pin for one is lunacy.

#2643 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I hope Munsters is targeted and priced for pinball fans instead of just monster lovers. I understand enthusiasm for playing a Beatles pin, but hearing it called a 10 out of 10, or finding out someone traded an Iron Maiden pin for one is lunacy.

Why? Not everyone loves IMDN. It's a really good game but it's dark and brooding and has no humor or light feeling moments. I don't play mine much anymore and may sell it soon. Doesn't mean it's not a good game, it's just not that fun for some people, especially if your not a fan of the music.

#2644 5 years ago

Honestly, I think Maiden is a fair bit overrated. Although i'd pick it over the Beatles if I had to pick.

#2645 5 years ago

JMK sums up IMDN accurately

Key words, 'High Energy"

There is nothing overrated about Maiden

Beatles looks nice and no doubt is fun.

But IMDN destroys it !

IMDN will remain top 10 always

From JMK
I’ve just had my Maiden Premium for a short while; but man does this pin kick serious ass.
It may go down as one of Stern’s finest efforts.
The rules, variety of shots, call outs, lighting and flow are simply amazing.
Love the lcd animations and non-stop high energy of the game-play.
It’s really too bad that those who don’t love Maiden as a band will ever give this a fair shake.
Stern simply knocked this pin out of the park.
Amazing game.

#2646 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Key words, 'High Energy"
But IMDN destroys it !
From JMK
I’ve just had my Maiden Premium for a short while; but man does this pin kick serious ass.
It’s really too bad that those who don’t love Maiden as a band will ever give this a fair shake.
Amazing game.

As good as that machine shoots the music ruins it for me.

If I bought this it would be played with volume at 0. Can’t stand it actually.

#2647 5 years ago

Can we get back to talking about how Iceman is a flip-flopper, please? I mean, Iron Maiden is fine and all...but there are important topics to discuss here!!

#2648 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Key words, 'High Energy"
But IMDN destroys it !
From JMK
Amazing game.

If you love it that is great. That's what pinball is all about. Personally I don't give an F about what someone else has to say about a game. Doesn't matter how much they love it if I don't personally like it enough to keep it or buy it in the first place.

#2649 5 years ago

To Each His Own. One has a right to one's personal preferences.

#2650 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Can we get back to talking about how Iceman is a flip-flopper, please? I mean, Iron Maiden is fine and all...but there are important topics to discuss here!!

Seriously, the guy made a thread specifically to run down Stern over the perceived poor sales of this "obvious" flop. I think he needs to make a new thread saying he was wrong, and include an apology for being a Pinside premature poop disturber™.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.