(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 76.
#2551 5 years ago

Wow. Has even more "screaming teenage girl" audio than I would have guessed.

Display looks pretty cool. Strange that art style didn't make it onto the game itself.

#2552 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wow. Has even more "screaming teenage girl" audio than I would have guessed.

It's "Beatlemania" so not really a surprise.

The old school "game of skill 1-4 can play" is a really nice touch and tribute to Gottlieb.

#2553 5 years ago

I hope they sell out as fast as they're made! Then possibly down the road we get lucky with an original Sgt. Peppers or Yellow Submarine machine that doesn't revisit an older title. Game looks fun now that George redesigned the loop shot, which drove me crazy on Seabitch and I can't wait to play it local. It's just not 8k worth of fun for me with what's presented. I listened to both Joe and Chris on the head to head podcasts and understand the game wasn't designed for me. I don't think the art package was poorly done and CF nails it for what they were aiming for under the constraints he probably had to work with. It's just not the package I would have designed with all of the material the Beatles produced. Listening to the video that solarvalue was gracious enough to share with everyone it sounded like the 2 pins next to each other had the songs overlapping so I couldn't tell if a song went past 15 seconds. After owning Metallica and Iron Maiden with complete songs I couldn't bring myself to buy a pin that doesn't have the full song being played. I find it almost sacrilegious that these songs are chopped up for the money they're asking. This should have been the easiest money to pull out of my pocket with this theme and they made it so easy for me to keep it. So hopefully by spring these will all be sold and maybe we get another Beatles pin down the road.

#2554 5 years ago

Not a single person on any of the other machines on Pinball alley there!

Doesn’t look like the disc spins non stop but it looked like it puts some crazy action on the ball.

#2555 5 years ago

I’ll throw a few dollars in one!

#2556 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

480p is a meanginless improvement over 360p.
The point is that all smartphones for the last 8 years or so can do at least 720p.
I'm baffled why we still get SD videos on YouTube in 2018.

Because YouTube won’t let you upload HD over mobile.

#2557 5 years ago

Spinning disc is everything you would hope for from a spinning disc. Looks amazing with great interaction with the ball.

Only bummer is it is only one not 3

#2558 5 years ago

Keep the videos coming! I’m getting excited to get this now.

Is the sound quality pretty good? Hard to make out with all the background noise.

#2559 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Spinning disc is everything you would hope for from a spinning disc. Looks amazing with great interaction with the ball.
Only bummer is it is only one not 3

Lol

#2560 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Spinning disc is everything you would hope for from a spinning disc

but is rolling ball everything I would hope for from a rolling ball?

#2561 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

BS.

I do it all the time.

#2562 5 years ago

Anyone else having an issue loading new posts?

#2563 5 years ago

I love the artwork and the LCD.

Said it from day one, the LCD is a game changer and Stern is implementing it beautifully!

#2564 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yes, pinside has been a buggy mess for weeks.

#2565 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love the artwork and the LCD.
Said it from day one, the LCD is a game changer and Stern is implementing it beautifully!

Break out the kneepads!

The LCD is a balancing act. IDeally, manufacturers need to be able to develop LCD content that's interactive, serves the game, looks good, and doesn't slow development down to a crawl. From what I've seen looks like good balance on this title.

#2566 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yes. It's been giving me issues for a few days.

#2567 5 years ago

It's pretty awesome seeing multiball on a Seawitch layout.

#2568 5 years ago

Guy on the left. Doesn't understand the concept that the ball is automatically served up and keeps adding a player after each ball. It starts off as a 1 player game but he turns it into a 4 player game after each ball is played.

SMH

#2569 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Guy on the left. Doesn't understand the concept that the ball is automatically served up and keeps adding a player after each ball. It starts off as a 1 player game but he turns it into a 4 player game after each ball is played.
SMH

Did he get the Wizard mode?

#2570 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

SMH

Probably first time player ever or in a long time. Who ever is running the booth needs to help him out. Everyone has to start somewhere.

#2571 5 years ago

Whenever I throw a party at my house my kids invite there friends. Every 30 mins I have to walk through the game room and clear all of the active games. Every pin says ball 2 player 4.
Very frustrating

#2572 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Whenever I throw a party at my house my kids invite there friends. Every 30 mins I have to walk through the game room and clear all of the active games. Every pin says ball 2 player 4.
Very frustrating

And the same sound bytes playing over and over... yes, very frustrating!

#2573 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Very frustrating

All my games are set for 60 second auto ball launch for this reason. Drives me nuts.

#2574 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Very frustrating

Plenty of useless adults do that as well. It only happens at... every pinball event.

#2575 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Break out the kneepads!
The LCD is a balancing act. IDeally, manufacturers need to be able to develop LCD content that's interactive, serves the game, looks good, and doesn't slow development down to a crawl. From what I've seen looks like good balance on this title.

Lol! I already have the pads on for Munsters

And i would buy a second TWD if they do one with an LCD

Beatles would be a very cool pin to have. The Love train is tempting! Gotta admit

#2576 5 years ago

Looking at the Beatles Game matrix from Stern they show taxman as a main song and game over and hard days night as the 4 ball multiball song.

It appeared in the video that hard days night was playing at game over, didn’t hear taxman for any of the main game play in the videos?

Wondering if they switched them?

#2577 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Very frustrating

Yes!!! Every damn time!

#2578 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Disk seems like it's always spinning huh?

It appears to start when the ball is plunged and then stops a moment later (before draining).

#2579 5 years ago

This machine looks really fun.

Is it $8K worth of fun??? What a ridiculous question. Am I going to buy it for $8K and then sell it for ZERO dollars when I’m done with it?!!

I will be buying a Beatles pin. It will be fun. I will be happy. One day I may sell it. I may lose some money. I may make some. I’ll bet you Eight Thosand Dollars that I don’t lose EIGHT THOUSAND Dollars!!!

#2580 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Is it $8K worth of fun??? What a ridiculous question. Am I going to buy it for $8K and then sell it for ZERO dollars when I’m done with it?!!
I will be buying a Beatles pin. It will be fun. I will be happy. One day I may sell it. I may lose some money. I may make some. I’ll bet you Eight Thosand Dollars that I don’t lose EIGHT THOUSAND Dollars!!!

That's a good point really.

Is it worth $1k of fun? Cause worst case that's what you'll lose when you sell it in a 2 months. Or a year. Etc.

Most likely, you are looking at about a $500 hit when you open the box which ain't much. And if they really do sell out and become difficult to find because the vast majority are stashed in a living room somewhere, never to be seen again until an estate sale, you won't lose even that.

#2581 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I consider the same thing every time I buy an LE. It's not what it costs me, it's what do I lose from owning it, and did I get good enjoyment from it while I had it.

#2582 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is it worth $1k of fun? Cause worst case that's what you'll lose when you sell it in a 2 months. Or a year. Etc.
Most likely, you are looking at about a $500 hit when you open the box which ain't much. And if they really do sell out and become difficult to find because the vast majority are stashed in a living room somewhere, never to be seen again until an estate sale, you won't lose even that.

That's not how it's done. You have to count the mechs and determine if the world under glass on this grail = a certain price. If it doesn't add up then pointing out that you wont really be out much means nothing. Do we have a weight on this game yet? Heavy equals value I hear.

#2583 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That's not how it's done. You have to count the mechs and determine if the world under glass on this grail = a certain price. If it doesn't add up then pointing out that you wont really be out much means nothing. Do we have a weight on this game yet? Heavy equals value I hear.

Yeah... strangely I do think many on here feel this way...lol!

#2584 5 years ago

I know gameplay videos have been released, but here’s more if anyone is interested.

#2585 5 years ago

No such thing as too many videos!

#2586 5 years ago

No coin mechs.. lol

Quoted from TKDalumni:

I’ll throw a few dollars in one!

#2587 5 years ago

This last video shows coin mechs from about 2:36 to 2:51

#2588 5 years ago

This thing reminds me of this

supreme brick is still a brick (resized).jpgsupreme brick is still a brick (resized).jpg

#2589 5 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

This last video shows coin mechs from about 2:36 to 2:51

So now we have a coin door with mechs but no decal of any kind on the door.

After seeing it both ways, I think I may like the door with decal better.

#2590 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

in the goodie bag.

#2591 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Def would say it’s worth at least $1k of fun. Any pin would be for me. I had $1300 of fun with the IMDNLE I just sold

I like to buy pins with the idea of keeping them but it’s just impossible to play them all regularly

Which is why Beatles could be a good fit for my collection

#2592 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Def would say it’s worth at least $1k of fun. Any pin would be for me. I had $1300 of fun with the IMDNLE I just sold
I like to buy pins with the idea of keeping them but it’s just impossible to play them all regularly

Uh oh, sounds like the iceman may be thawing ...

#2593 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Quoted from kermit24:

in the goodie bag.

Maybe there is a decal in the goodie bag but my money is says the art on the coin door as just an artist's rendering for the PR photos.

#2594 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Maybe there is a decal in the goodie bag but my money is says the art on the coin door as just an artist's rendering for the PR photos.

The sticker is 100% real. I saw them at Stern last Friday. I preferred it on the game as well. I cannot tell you if they are in the goodie bag.

#2595 5 years ago

I like the art package on the Gold. But I'm not fond of the gold metal; I prefer the silver look better.

I don't get the debates with the music. In an arcade, such as the videos we have been treated to, there is too much background sound for the music to be that important. Witness the two Beatles pins next to each other. One is playing "It Won't Be Long" and the one next door is pumping out "All My Loving".

And if you are at home, just crank up the stereo or MP3 player. Better yet, install a USB flash drive port and let me load a thumb drive and pump my own sounds through the pin's speakers.

That said, I'm cool with the music package as it is.

#2596 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Well said
I have Seawitch and absolutely love it.
Played Beatles at IAAPA today it it is amazing! The shots are fast and smooth. The additional stand up targets add a ton to gameplay. The spinning magnet really affects the ball (in a good way). Biggest shooting difference I noticed is that the loop is repeatable from the upper right flipper, I think I hit 8 in a row, so cool! I only got a 2 ball multiball but man, it was a lot of fun.
I really think this game is going to surprise a lot of people once they get to play it.

#2597 5 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Biggest shooting difference I noticed is that the loop is repeatable from the upper right flipper, I think I hit 8 in a row, so cool!

Thank you for revealing the repeatable loop scenario which is very difficult to achieve with the flimsy flap gate on Seawitch. I am in process of trying to upgrade my Seawitch to make the upper right loop shot a little more predictable.

You have a Seawitch. Would this new pin fit into a collection next to Seawitch? Is there room for one of each? Or would Seawitch have to leave?

#2598 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

No, it will...

#2599 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You may be too late now Iceman.

#2600 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Uh oh, sounds like the iceman may be thawing ...

Pinball people are a crazy fickle bunch right?

From the videos shown and LCD animations especially and 1.04 code it’s not what I was expecting!

Thus, I’m officially on the Beatles Love Train now thanks to Jonathan and ASOA. A great dude!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/52?hl=pinsterwmass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.