(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 76.
#2451 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

they must have made a fortune on this run, which.........will mean better games going forward.

Ha, you’re funny.

#2452 5 years ago

At those prices you could put a Gold in 6 different rooms in your house or have one Diamond that is virtually the same!!

"This is my Beatles pinball machine for when I have to poop!"

#2453 5 years ago

Stern sold out so they do know their market and they must have made a fortune on this run

To put things in perspective, Stern also claims to have "sold out of WWELE" and sold out of every LE ever made but reality is obviously far from that.

In other words, Stern is completely untrustworthly when it comes to claims of "sold out"

Even if they do sell out the first half (Gary said recently that they are only selling the first 1000 or so in the initial run on the line) those only went to distributors.
Distributors it appears are taking the risk on the 10 pack, but when they sell 1 diamond for 20k, 2 platinum for 12k, and four golds for 7200 they have already made their profit of 2800 on the 70k purchase and they have 3 golds left to sell.

If Stern knows anything, they know that there are some uber rich high end collectors that are able (call is stupid, but more likely they just have so much money that 20k is a joke to them) to buy the 12k and 20k games. They also knew that these would carry sales so the marketing of 10 packs to distributors was a good way to move games.

This is all a perception game of marketing. They love to say "sold out" but that is complete BS. Sold out is ONLY once all 1964 are made, and sold to end users.
You can damn well bet that if in 4 months many distributors are still sitting on 3-7 golds, that the second run of the last 964 is not going to happen.

I spoke with 2 distributors this weekend and they both have golds readily available (pretty sure many still have Diamonds and platinum still available also). Call around if you are interested.

#2454 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You can damn well bet that if in 4 months many distributors are still sitting on 3-7 golds, that the second run of the last 964 is not going to happen.

If, as you speculate, the last 964 are not produced that will make the Golds that are out there a little on the scarce side.. 1614 -964 = 650. 650 spread around the world will make seeing one of these a rare event indeed.

#2455 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think the Diablo mobile game announcement this week landed worse than the Beatles...

Lol, yeah. Well, that's probably why Stern didn't announce Beatles at Expo 18 during their seminar, there would have been a similar reaction.

#2456 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol, yeah. Well, that's probably why Stern didn't announce Beatles at Expo 18 during their seminar, there would have been a similar reaction.

You guys are pretty funny. So you think there would have been some big uproar at expo? There would have just been a line of guys waiting to play the game.

#2457 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If, as you speculate, the last 964 are not produced that will make the Golds that are out there a little on the scarce side.. 1614 -964 = 650. 650 spread around the world will make seeing one of these a rare event indeed.

lol, yup... better buy 2 golds now since they will be uber rare

#2458 5 years ago
#2459 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sold out is ONLY once all 1964 are made, and sold to end users.

Says you.

Stern says it's sold out, because it (Stern) is sold out.

Basically saying: You're wrong.

I do agree that it's a horrible endeavour for the retailers tough, taking all the risk (as usual) and blame (that's new).

#2460 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Says you.
I do agree that it's a horrible endeavour for the retailers tough, taking all the risk (as usual) and blame (that's new).

no, I am right. Even in Stern's words they are "sold out" of the first run of 1000 machines. That leaves another 964 yet to be sold even by Stern.

If you believe that the run is completely sold, then I have a bridge to sell you.

#2461 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

While that's a possibility it is with 99,9% accuracy wrong.

Revealing it themselves prevents them from handing out exclusive tidbits and stories to a bunch of news sites around the world, loosing precious coverage and free markteing material. (Like the Star Wars Channel thingy with Star Wars.)
Us don't need to be marketed to first, we will know about it.

It's always about the new customer.
While this is generally something I don't like, in this case it's agood move to broaden the market.

And free marketing is a good thing.

#2462 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Then I have a bridge to sell you.

Can you afford the shipping?

#2463 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

50 of the remaining 964 are platinum, so 700 gold were made this year. Easier math is 70% of 1000 = 700.

#2464 5 years ago

Will we be seeing pictures/video of Beatles pinball from IAAPA?

#2465 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is all a perception game of marketing. They love to say "sold out" but that is complete BS. Sold out is ONLY once all 1964 are made, and sold to end users.

clarification:
Stern sells to distributors; not end users.

Stern does not know when all the world-wide distributors have exhausted their inventories.

#2466 5 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

clarification:
Stern sells to distributors; not end users.

Stern does not know when all the world-wide distributors have exhausted their inventories.

sure they do. You can be sure they wont be running the 964 in Jan if they dont have distributors asking for additional 10 packs.

Also, by the sounds of it all the diamonds will be sold in the initial run which means less high dollar sales for future 10 packs.

#2467 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Says you.

That's like JJP saying CE games are sold out a laugh. Games are sold out when distributors are sold out

#2468 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

That's like JJP saying CE games are sold out a laugh. Games are sold out when distributors are sold out

Huh? If they (Stern) are paid it is sold. They like Any business could care less what happens to them later. Sold is sold. A distributor is simply a customer that makes a margin off of goods Re-sold.

#2469 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

West Long Branch, NJ – Nearly five decades after they broke up, the Beatles are the clear leader when Americans name the greatest rock and roll band of all time. The Monmouth University Poll finds that fully 86% of U.S. adults like the Beatles while only 8% dislike them.
Read the rest here https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_110818/
I guess this settles it..............

What do you think is the greatest Rock and Roll band or group of all time?

TREND: Aug2018 March1999*
The Beatles 23% 29%
The Rolling Stones 8% 9%
AC/DC 4% 1%
Led Zeppelin 4% 3%
The Eagles 3% 3%
Aerosmith 2% 2%
Queen 2% <1%
The Beach Boys 1% 2%
Bon Jovi 1% n/a
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band 1% <1%
Creedence Clearwater Revival 1% 1%
Def Leppard 1% n/a
Elvis Presley 1% 1%
Fleetwood Mac 1% 1%
The Grateful Dead 1% 1%
Guns N’ Roses 1% n/a
The Jimi Hendrix Experience 1% n/a
Journey 1% n/a
Kiss 1% <1%
Lynard Skynard 1% 1%
Metallica 1% 1%
Pink Floyd 1% 1%
U2 1% 1%
The Who 1% 1%
Other 19% 17%
None 7% 4%
(VOL) Don’t know 14% 23%
(n) (805) (1,021)

* Source: Gallup Poll

B2. Do you like or dislike the Beatles, or haven’t you heard of them? [If LIKE: Do you like them a lot, or a little?]

TREND: Aug2018 July2009*
Like, a lot 50% 49%
Like, a little 36% 33%
Dislike 8% 11%
Not heard of 2% 4%
(VOL) Don’t know 4% 3%
(n) (805) (1,701)

* Source: Pew Research Center (results for age 18 and older only)

B3. Do you think the Beatles today appeal more to people with liberal political beliefs, more to people with conservative political beliefs, or do they appeal equally to people across the political spectrum?

Aug2018
Appeal more to liberals 24%
Appeal more to conservatives 3%
Appeal equally across political spectrum 58%
(VOL) Don’t know 15%
(n) (805)

B4. Do you think the Beatles were more political, less political, or about as political as other bands from the 1960s?
Aug2018
More political 30%
Less political 14%
About as political 40%
(VOL) Don’t know 16%
(n) (805)

#2470 5 years ago

People do not understand what the term "Sold Out" really means.

If Stern says they are sold out, it means the distributors have all spoken for the the full allotment of games produced.

If the distributor says "sold out at Stern", it means they cannot get any more from Stern.

If a distributor is sold out, it means they do not have any. It doesn't mean all distributors are sold out.

For example, Stern may no longer be making Walking Dead (don't quote me on that...but play along). Cointaker still has The Walking Dead available. Stern may say it is sold out, but you can still get one. Tilt Amusements may be sold out of them. But there are still some available at other distributors.

So again, Stern saying they are sold out would not be BS if both production runs are spoken for. If the USA is only supposed to get half of the 1964 games, it isn't really that hard to imagine.

#2471 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What do you think is the greatest Rock and Roll band or group of all time?
TREND: Aug2018 March1999*
The Beatles 23% 29%
The Rolling Stones 8% 9%
AC/DC 4% 1%
Led Zeppelin 4% 3%
The Eagles 3% 3%
Aerosmith 2% 2%
Queen 2% &lt;1%
The Beach Boys 1% 2%
Bon Jovi 1% n/a
Bruce Springsteen &amp; the E Street Band 1% &lt;1%
Creedence Clearwater Revival 1% 1%
Def Leppard 1% n/a
Elvis Presley 1% 1%
Fleetwood Mac 1% 1%
The Grateful Dead 1% 1%
Guns N’ Roses 1% n/a
The Jimi Hendrix Experience 1% n/a
Journey 1% n/a
Kiss 1% &lt;1%
Lynard Skynard 1% 1%
Metallica 1% 1%
Pink Floyd 1% 1%
U2 1% 1%
The Who 1% 1%
Other 19% 17%
None 7% 4%
(VOL) Don’t know 14% 23%
(n) (805) (1,021)
* Source: Gallup Poll
B2. Do you like or dislike the Beatles, or haven’t you heard of them? [If LIKE: Do you like them a lot, or a little?]
TREND: Aug2018 July2009*
Like, a lot 50% 49%
Like, a little 36% 33%
Dislike 8% 11%
Not heard of 2% 4%
(VOL) Don’t know 4% 3%
(n) (805) (1,701)
* Source: Pew Research Center (results for age 18 and older only)
B3. Do you think the Beatles today appeal more to people with liberal political beliefs, more to people with conservative political beliefs, or do they appeal equally to people across the political spectrum?
Aug2018
Appeal more to liberals 24%
Appeal more to conservatives 3%
Appeal equally across political spectrum 58%
(VOL) Don’t know 15%
(n) (805)
B4. Do you think the Beatles were more political, less political, or about as political as other bands from the 1960s?
Aug2018
More political 30%
Less political 14%
About as political 40%
(VOL) Don’t know 16%
(n) (805)

I thought Pink Floyd would be a little higher on the list.

#2472 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You don't get it.

Stern is sold out when Stern is sold out.

The Game is sold out when zhe game is sold out.

These are two seperate things.
When Stern has sold out all games they're done. They don't sell to end customers.

So of course you habe to take every bold Marketing statement with a grain of salt but the statements are 100% legit and nothing someone with the slightest business understanding would bitch about.

#2473 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Will we be seeing pictures/video of Beatles pinball from IAAPA?

I just left the show floor for lunch and there's at least two in Stearns booth.

#2474 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

If Stern says they are sold out, it means the distributors have all spoken for the the full allotment of games produced.
If the distributor says "sold out at Stern", it means they cannot get any more from Stern.
If a distributor is sold out, it means they do not have any. It doesn't mean all distributors are sold out.
For example, Stern may no longer be making Walking Dead (don't quote me on that...but play along). Cointaker still has The Walking Dead available. Stern may say it is sold out, but you can still get one. Tilt Amusements may be sold out of them. But there are still some available at other distributors.
So again, Stern saying they are sold out would not be BS if both production runs are spoken for. If the USA is only supposed to get half of the 1964 games, it isn't really that hard to imagine.

I guess it is like CPR (in the old days) showing that a plastic set was sold out. But you could still find the set online at BAA, for example.

#2475 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Pinsiders know full well what "sold out" means.

They play dumb because that's easier than just admitting that they were wrong about the demand for the Beatles pin.

Even when every single distro says they have 0 left in stock, pindicks will say "Yeah, but collectors did not even buy the game to play, they kept them in boxes to try and flip a decade from now!!!!!!!!!!!1"

"The Beatles was not marketed to me, thus it must totally suck!!!!!!!1"

#2476 5 years ago

BREAKING NEWS: RCT is not sold out, because I know of a distributor that has one up on a rack in his warehouse.

Fact.

#2477 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

"This is my Beatles pinball machine for when I have to poop!"

A couple friends of mine - brothers - lived near eccentric guitar hero Ritchie Blackmore on Long Island when they were kids. They were friends and neighbors, and had an arrangement to “look after his house” when he was on tour.

They’ve got plenty of good stories, but here’s one that may resonate with this this crowd.

Ritchie it seems had two identical ms. Pac
Man machines in his large home. One was in his bedroom, one was downstairs in the living room. Ritchie apparently
Loved playing ms pac-man.

So at one point, one of the kids gets up the courage to ask Ritchie why he has two identical ms pac man games.

“Some days I just never leave my bedroom and go downstairs, mate.”

#2478 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I thought Pink Floyd would be a little higher on the list.

If you asked your grandma to name a Pink Floyd song, she could not do it.

But if you asked her to name a Stones, Beatles or Elvis song - she could probably name several.

#2479 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Some days I just never leave my bedroom and go downstairs, mate.”

I can resonate to that (is that correct english?).

I remember ancient times, not married, being the same.
(Not with pinball tough.)

Nowadays I'm on most evenings even too tired to concentrate on anything. XD

#2480 5 years ago
Quoted from Normscoffee:

Did you play It?

#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from Normscoffee:

Kind of sucks they didn't send them to Free Play Florida this weekend...

#2482 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They play dumb because that's easier than just admitting that they were wrong about the demand for the Beatles pin.
Even when every single distro says they have 0 left in stock, pindicks will say "Yeah, but collectors did not even buy the game to play, they kept them in boxes to try and flip a decade from now!!!!!!!!!!!1"

This.

#2483 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Kind of sucks they didn't send them to Free Play Florida this weekend

Yeah. I was really looking forward to checking it out. Sucks to think the games were in a truck sitting all weekend just a few miles away.

#2484 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The PRICE sucks and they won’t sell out to end consumers because of it

Wake me up when “every single Distro has 0”

Some people believe anything they are told

Anybody trying to hold on to flip the pricing disaster is gonna be F Ed big time!

Sounds like some of you are thinking of hoarding some inventory of Beatles

#2485 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sounds like some of you are thinking of hoarding some inventory of Beatles

Hell no, I learned my lesson when I only bought 3 Tron LEs

#2486 5 years ago

I'm not posting in this thread because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings anymore. I was bad, and I apologize for not being nice......

#2487 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's gonna be your job.

I personally don't care enough to keep tabs on it.

I only called a few distributors to make sure my clients paid the best price; not to do your legwork.

#2488 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Did it make up for the pallet of WWE LE's still sitting in storage?

Anyone buying pins to store TODAY and flip NIB later on any pin/manufacturer is F ing Nuts!

A QUICK flip to some schmuck or "pindick" might work though with pins like IDMN and Munsters. i.e. Kman

#2489 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's gonna be your job.
I personally don't care enough to keep tabs on it.
I only called a few distributors to make sure my clients paid the best price; not to do your legwork.

You sure seem like you have a hard on for pumping these pins Vid! Now i sort of understand why, you are buying for "clients".

I've done my own legwork and I don't have a dog in the hunt like you do. Just a "pindick" waiting for Munsters.

#2490 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's one theme I was never into

Probably because I'm too old to have ever played with those toys.

#2491 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You sure seem like you have a hard on for pumping these pins Vid! Now i sort of understand why, you are buying for "clients".

I've got a hard on for John, he was the gay one!

#2492 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Well, I guess since Beatles are sold out I can move on to a pin from another brand such as JJP or American. Way to go Stern, selling out every title. I am sorry you don't want business from people like me.

#2493 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Way to go Stern, selling out every title. I am sorry you don't want business from people like me.

They don't need your business, they sold out every machine they were licensed to create.

Hopefully most of the machines will go to happy collectors, not curmudgeons who will cry because their favorite song was not included, or that it didn't have enough balls in the multiball, or that it did not have a coindoor, or ....

It's better that the game went to buyers who were happy with the game as it is.

#2494 5 years ago

I've read about 2500 posts of mostly BS, uninformedness (wich is ok), hatred, ignoring of facts, not trying to understand any points teh other makes, narcism and trolling (including myself otherwise I woudn't sanely survive)...

While I'll not call anyone names to get locked out or throw drinks into someones face I'll quit this thread, I honestly can't stand it anymore.

Have fun trolling each other and instisting to be right about something truely insignificant.

I go back to my (personal, because it's lonely there) Bill & Ted thread. A game wich may never come out and gains about no interrest, but therefore is still filled with joy and anticipation (mostly my own but I don't care ).

YOLO!

#2495 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The PRICE sucks and they won’t sell out to end consumers because of it

couple of months or later from now:

Oh I happened to find some NIBs for sale...... sorry no discounts they are so rare you have to pay $xxxxxx now for them.

Better to say they are sold out in the long run.

#2496 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anyone buying pins to store TODAY and flip NIB later on any pin/manufacturer is F ing Nuts!
A QUICK flip to some schmuck or "pindick" might work though with pins like IDMN and Munsters. i.e. Kman

I did it with 2 nib STLES.

#2497 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

BREAKING NEWS: RCT is not sold out, because I know of a distributor that has one up on a rack in his warehouse.
Fact.

So RCT was lent to distributor consignment? I can only guess Stern was paid in full for this game 16 years ago. NOTE - RCT run was officially SOLD OUT!

#2498 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I did it with 2 nib STLES.

That was THEN, this is NOW. You didn't pay $9k for 2 STLE's, which is my point. But I'm glad you made some $$$.

Quoted from vid1900:

It's better that the game went to buyers who were happy with the game as it is.

That's the way it always should be. I'm happy with the pins i buy the way they are, no complaints!

#2499 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Well, I guess since Beatles are sold out I can move on to a pin from another brand such as JJP or American. Way to go Stern, selling out every title. I am sorry you don't want business from people like me.

Seems like Stern made Several titles this year to earn your business. How many choices did those other manufacturers give you this year or even this and Last year?? Combined they offered less than Stern this year alone.

#2500 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Could I help you unload one of those Tron LE's??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 45.00
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.