(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 76.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I agree however maybe they are trying to tie the theme and era of band to that era of pinball with some modernization of sound and video.
What do you think would be a reasonable price point for this style of machine?

$6500 like Spooky games. Spooky has the limited aspect (they end making a game and that is it usually) driving up the price to get to that sales point, Beatles has the license driving up the price to get to that $6500 sales point.

#152 5 years ago

Classic style with a modern touch sounds like TNA. License is strong for Beatles so there definitely will be a mark up for that. However I like the Beatles but it was not from my era. They have to make it special for me to buy one. Collectors of Beatles memorabilia will buy for a giant piece to add to their collection. But players such as myself will demand a good playing experience. Code and shots are crucial for someone who is a pinball enthusiast. My opinion is they should not follow Batman 66 pricing on this one. Unless they give us the experience you deserve for paying that price.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

If so, my money’s safe.

No doubt. If they squander the license to end all licenses, that would be a shame. I’m the biggest Beatles fan I know and I would be hard-pressed to get excited about anything that doesn’t resemble or play like a modern game.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I agree however maybe they are trying to tie the theme and era of band to that era of pinball with some modernization of sound and video.

If that's the case they picked the wrong decade.

#155 5 years ago

Diamond, Platinum and Gold editions. The Diamond is allegedly $50K!

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That Lennon wrote? Sorry, but I think Abbey Road is his weakest contribution, but he had basically quit the band by that time. Harrison and McCartney had to step up again.

Lennon wrote Come Together, She's So Heavy, Mr. Mustard, Because and Polythene Pam. The band was breaking up but he is all over that album which many consider (including me) the best Beatles album. He quit just before it was released, not before it was created.

Hate on the Beatles but at least get your facts right.

#157 5 years ago

Longtime Beatles fan here. Like the kinda guy who has just about every different arrangement/mixing of his favorite song: Nowhere Man. And...he makes a playlist of them.

Anyway, I've heard three rumors about this game.

1) The pricing is gonna be similar to Batman 66
2) It's a Gomez layout
3) It's a recycled playfield

Opinions on this?

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Longtime Beatles fan here. Like the kinda guy who has just about every different arrangement/mixing of his favorite song: Nowhere Man. And...he makes a playlist of them.
Anyway, I've hear three rumors about this game.
1) The pricing is gonna be similar to Batman 66
2) It's a Gomez layout
3) It's a recycled playfield
Opinions on this?

Listen to the podcast and draw your own conclusions.
It was said by Kaminkow that it would not be crazy priced like bm66 but many here seem to dispute that so take it with a grain of salt.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Lennon wrote Come Together, She's So Heavy, Mr. Mustard, Because and Polythene Pam. The band was breaking up but he is all over that album which many consider (including me) the best Beatles album. He quit just before it was released, not before it was created.

You'll never find a bigger Beatles fan than I.

Having said that, Abbey Road isn't their best album IMO and it is probably one of Lennon's weaker contributions. Come Together is great, but the rest is all sub par. The two Harrison songs ground it and (finally) outshine the Lennon/McCartney compositions.

Nowhere near as good as John's contributions on any earlier album, except maybe Let it Be, although now that I think of it that had Dig a Pony and Across the Universe.

#160 5 years ago

The pricing for the top end model is $50K - that’s not anywhere near Batman pricing! It’s the diamond model according to our distributor here in the UK!

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The pricing for the top end model is $50K - that’s not anywhere near Batman pricing! It’s the diamond model according to our distributor here in the UK!

I'm already halfway through my video trying to win the right to get it! Though, frankly I don't think I'm worthy Maybe I'll sneak in for the unobtainium model of the Dukes of Hazzard pin.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Yeah, but turns out Come Together was about him and McCartney all this time.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Diamond, Platinum and Gold editions. The Diamond is allegedly $50K!

This price is insane, even for the LE.
The fact that it is like a classic game prevents me from being frustrated as I m not interested in these era games but the background of the story seems to me worrisome

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I thought they were planning one model built to a pre determined set number of machines.

Did they change this too?

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Great album side 2 is simply amazing.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I thought they were planning one model built to a pre determined set number of machines.
Did they change this too?

No, everyone just talking out of their ar***.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Listen to the podcast and draw your own conclusions.
It was said by Kaminkow that it would not be crazy priced like bm66 but many here seem to dispute that so take it with a grain of salt.

I implied that the LICENSING fees that Stern pays would be insane not necessarily the MSRP.

Thus the game will have very little in it, making even SW Pro blush.

It's just like how food comes in ever smaller boxes to hide inflation.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I implied that the LICENSING fees that Stern pays would be insane not necessarily the MSRP.
Thus the game will have very little in it, making even SW Pro blush.

But there will be no 3-Tier Model Pro/ Premium/ LE, so they just can price it how they want and do the game they want.

No neccessity to make a bare playfield other then for design decisions (wich is completely possible).

Pro Model Pice is kinda fixed so they have to work with the budget they have,... wich quite possibly was very small with Star Wars giving the license cost.

#169 5 years ago

It does seem likely to me that they picked Seawitch specifically for its four flippers and large number of drop targets, to give more of a sense that collectors will get something for their money beyond the license. Can't see them doing much to tweak or update the layout, since it's like Alien with the number of intersecting cross-playfield angles it has. Definitely doesn't look like a ramp-friendly layout, you'd have to redo much of it from scratch which would scupper the point of the exercise.

Let's see what they're prepared to do with rules and code, though I wouldn't be surprised if they kept that retro and simple in a 60s way.

#170 5 years ago

My favorite Lennon song is “women are the nigger of the world”

#171 5 years ago

Eventually we will see what they release. Real collectors only buy authentic pieces from the era....not recent manufactured BS that is just a cash grab. This pin being the only Beatles pin does make it unique but may not have as much appeal as you think to true collectors....and especially if they are gonna be talking $50K price points....that’s just dumb for something like this. For those that have that kind of money to blow they can get real authentic Beatles items.

The smart move is pricing this to sell to the masses. But you are still talking a niche market that will spend 5-15K for a pinball machine.

The only other angle I see on this is a very small run targeted for the very rich is to do a run of 50-100 for 50K, then work it out and do the same with Hendrix, Zep, etc. No pros, Premium or any other version. Just the 50-100 of an elite collectors version. Justifies the high licensing cost and will be profitable. These collectors don’t care about code or game play. They buy this shit because they can and you can’t.

Bottom line is this is gonna be a shit show no matter what they do. Go retro and you will piss people off, go BM66 pricing and you piss people off. Go modern style game with current pricing and 3 models and you don’t piss people off but it’s really not a true collectible but game play better be KICK ASS or not enough will sell to be very profitable.

#172 5 years ago

They can do this right, or they can do this wrong. This is Stern we’re talking about here....

Yup.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Bottom line is this is gonna be a shit show no matter what they do. Go retro and you will piss people off, go BM66 pricing and you piss people off. Go modern style game with current pricing and 3 models and you don’t piss people off but it’s really not a true collectible but game play better be KICK ASS or not enough will sell to be very profitable.

What if they only target the home market and not locations?

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It is home market only.

Don't think it will even have a coin mech.....

#175 5 years ago

I'm one of the biggest Beatle fans around and I have the money to buy new pins but if this is some type of retro throw back pin, I will really be disappointed and wouldn't even consider buying it.

#176 5 years ago

I think "he who shall not be named" is right, manufacturers have not yet found the ceiling of what rich, rabid fans will pay for a "special" pin.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It is home market only.
Don't think it will even have a coin mech.....

Which is crazy.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think "he who shall not be named" is right, manufacturers have not yet found the ceiling of what rich, rabid fans will pay for a "special" pin.

But this exercise doesn't meet his criteria of 'special'. He wants something for that price and exclusivity with the maximum amount of effort put into it, which he'll almost certainly never get because no designer not creating for themselves is going to want to devote a year or more of their life into satisfying a mere handful of customers, unless they also have the kind of ego that makes them think they're creating the Mona Lisa. And we've seen on multiple occasions what the result of *that* generally is.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I'm one of the biggest Beatle fans around and I have the money to buy new pins but if this is some type of retro throw back pin, I will really be disappointed and wouldn't even consider buying it.

So prepared to be disappointed. All the more as prices are insane, never ever seen before for a NIB.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

They are going to know soon..
This pin, based on classic era, is intended to fans of the band that are around 60 years currently, so they have money and used to play on classics at this era. All is matching perfectly.

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Which is crazy.

Was part of the licensing terms allegedly.

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Was part of the licensing terms allegedly.

That's the point where you walk AWAY from the licensing. Moronic to agree to that.

#183 5 years ago

No money left for songs after licencing

1 package 1 song, street level

Nancy, got it covered

On a serious note Smart move to put the feelers out to check demand from players/collectors that are mental enough to commit crazy bucks for exclusivity.

Mr Kaminkow's Beatles will work... and LE's will sell out faster than Herman can say goody, goody

Daytrippers !

#184 5 years ago

LE’s will sell faster? 25k the machine...a classic game...

#185 5 years ago

Still a Stern game when it’s all said and done. And a stripped down one at that.

#187 5 years ago

If they want to do something ground breaking they should make a theme like run dmc or nwa ..something less old white man

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

$50k, come on!!

This is the SLE.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

If they want to do something ground breaking they should make a theme like run dmc or nwa ..something less old white man

All I think of with this is middle aged white men with beards, skinny Jean's and ipas. So I'm not sure it's really doing what you want. That's straight up 45 year old white guy rap these days.

#190 5 years ago

I wonder if the upcoming Beatles pin is going to be based of their movies that the group made( Help,A hard days night,Yellow submarine,Magical mystery tour) or based on one of the greatest albums to ever be released: Sgt.Peppers lonely hearts club band.Just a thought!

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

I wonder if the upcoming Beatles pin is going to be based of their movies that the group made( Help,A hard days night,Yellow submarine,Magical mystery tour) or based on one of the greatest albums to ever be released: Sgt.Peppers lonely hearts club band.Just a thought!

It has been reported that it will not be based on yellow submarine.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It has been reported that it will not be based on yellow submarine.

I would imagine it would be similar to Rock Band to the theme, design, etc.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I would imagine it would be similar to Rock Band to the theme, design, etc.

Yeah I think Rock Band was able to use like 45 of their songs spanning all eras of Beatles. Plenty that I like on that list.

Narrow it down to 8-12 songs as that seems to be what Stern generally puts in a game. Tough!

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah I think Rock Band was able to use like 45 of their songs spanning all eras of Beatles. Plenty that I like on that list.
Narrow it down to 8-12 songs as that seems to be what Stern generally puts in a game. Tough!

Rock Band was actually pretty good. The I am the Walrus intro was very well done alone.

#195 5 years ago

This is an extremely expensive license and a boutique game. You don't like it or can't afford the price then move on. Not sure why people complain about more choices and something new in our hobby that is not cookie cutter or not made for their particular taste or budget? I don't run around pissed off because Ford is putting out a new GT that I can't afford, doesn't have a V-8 and is not practical to take camping.

Just like BM66, the people who buy this game will love it. Look how hard it is to buy a BM66 LE or SLE. I know people with them and they LOVE them now especially with the new software. The way some people around here bitch you would think that BM66 LE would be $5000 by now. I only wish I could get one for less than they were NIB.

#196 5 years ago

I think a classic layout coupled with the proper music assets, killer art and perhaps a modern touch with lcd could be fantastic.

It’s different and that is a good thing imho. Too many cookie cutter similar machines lately.

#197 5 years ago

Speculation or fact.??? I thought Joe said keeping the production number to 1968? Would keep the price up. Will relisten.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Speculation or fact.??? I thought Joe said keeping the production number to 1968? Would keep the price up. Will relisten.

Key points I took from it were that the license is for a run of x number of games and that pricing wouldn't be crazy. I'm going to guess sub 9k.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You get it...that goes to the point that it will have to be a very limited small run...and if Stern were smart they would then do the same for Hendrix and Zep...make a VERY limited run of these at to collect all 3....it’s all in the marketing of how you package it. If you buy one you have to get the set.

Now the flip side is if you hit the sweet spot of the price point there are enough that will buy and you can sell volume to make your profit....but again it becomes less of a collectible.....depends if they market this as a collectible or just another machine anyone can buy.

Theme is popular so if price is right it would sell a Ton.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out....I don’t think they have anything decided yet and are testing the waters leaking things to see how it should be marketed. Pinside is a small percentage of the market of sales...all distributors have different clients....some with money and some just an average person wanting a game. As a manufacturer if I can make less of a product and make more $ then that will dictate a lot.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

You get it...that goes to the point that it will have to be a very limited small run...and if Stern were smart they would then do the same for Hendrix and Zep...make a VERY limited run of these at to collect all 3....it’s all in the marketing of how you package it. If you buy one you have to get the set.
Now the flip side is if you hit the sweet spot of the price point there are enough that will buy and you can sell volume to make your profit....but again it becomes less of a collectible.....depends if they market this as a collectible or just another machine anyone can buy.
Theme is popular so if price is right it would sell a Ton.
Will be interesting to see how this plays out....I don’t think they have anything decided yet and are testing the waters leaking things to see how it should be marketed. Pinside is a small percentage of the market of sales...all distributors have different clients....some with money and some just an average person wanting a game. As a manufacturer if I can make less of a product and make more $ then that will dictate a lot.

I agree with all of this.

Any idea how many BM66’s have been made to date?
If 1,968 units is the number they are contracted for and one model only. That sounds like a ton of machines but it really isn’t compared to how many Stern makes of their regular titles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/4?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.