(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 76.
#2401 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I picked up the Deluxe Edition of the White Album which just came out today. Funny how the pin was released very near it.
Can’t wait to spend hours on headphones comparing the 2009 stereo release to the new remix. And then there’s the Esher Demos.

The demos are worth the price alone.

#2402 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is anyone at free play Florida that confirm the machine is there? I figured pictures and videos would have surfaced by now!

Just left the floor and didn't see it there today.

#2403 5 years ago
Quoted from Normscoffee:

Just left the floor and didn't see it there today.

Bummer!

#2404 5 years ago

I agree but I have heard from at least four people that I trust that the plan is to bring at least one and probably more than that to IAAPA next week so it should be fine. Monster Bash is at FPF and it is absolutely awesome, btw.

#2405 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You sir, must have great taste in automobiles
[quoted image]

Quoted from wcbrandes:

probably a fraction of what I spent on my new car! see what I did there

#2406 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

But I’ll have more time than both of you to play Pinball with my new heated driveway fellas..... no more snow tested 2 days ago...Touché [quoted image][quoted image]

Weird flex, but OK.

#2407 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

But I’ll have more time than both of you to play Pinball with my new heated driveway fellas..... no more snow tested 2 days ago...Touché [quoted image][quoted image]

B000AA71-033D-41F6-9BBF-04179D9DFDF4 (resized).jpegB000AA71-033D-41F6-9BBF-04179D9DFDF4 (resized).jpeg
#2408 5 years ago
Beatles-3Playfields (resized).jpgBeatles-3Playfields (resized).jpgBeatles_3cabs_high (resized).jpgBeatles_3cabs_high (resized).jpgbeatles_features (resized).pngbeatles_features (resized).png
#2409 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Drip target frenzy sounds fun!

#2410 5 years ago

From those pics, I have to say the Gold looks the best.

#2411 5 years ago

"Can't buy me love" and "Taxman" are main play and game over songs. Taxman will be a quite fitting game over song. I hope you like Taxman as you will be hearing it a lot as this pin picks your pockets. "There will 1 for your and 19 for me."

This pin shares the same basic play field layout as Seawitch. That appears to be the only commonality between these two pins.

Seawitch ruleset: Knock down 11 drop targets. Light Extra Ball. Collect Extra Ball. Knock down 11 drop targets. Light Extra Ball. Collect Extra Ball. Knock down 11 drop targets......

As you can see, Beatles has quite an expanded rule set. I'd like to play one. I don't care what color it is.

My local distro said they are too small of a shop and will not be selling these. Cactus Jack's in Oklahoma City says it is not getting one. I hope someone brings one to TPF in March.

#2412 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My local distro said they are too small of a shop and will not be selling these. Cactus Jack's in Oklahoma City says it is not getting one. I hope someone brings one to TPF in March.

Thought a lot about this before and while most shit Stern is getting may be unjustified it's way of selling 'packs of 10' and no MSRP comes with a financial risk getting stuck on those machines as a retailer, I'd pass selling this as well.

#2413 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

"Can't buy me love" and "Taxman" are main play and game over songs. Taxman will be a quite fitting game over song. I hope you like Taxman as you will be hearing it a lot as this pin picks your pockets. "There will 1 for your and 19 for me."
This pin shares the same basic play field layout as Seawitch. That appears to be the only commonality between these two pins.
Seawitch ruleset: Knock down 11 drop targets. Light Extra Ball. Collect Extra Ball. Knock down 11 drop targets. Light Extra Ball. Collect Extra Ball. Knock down 11 drop targets......
As you can see, Beatles has quite an expanded rule set. I'd like to play one. I don't care what color it is.

They should put one more main game play song in - Day tripper, fast up beat song that would fit this machine well, Stern/Kapow make it happen!

#2414 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Something interesting was said about the code by Joe K in the head 2 head podcast, he said the code has something for everyone including those who like getting to a wizard mode.

So, does this mean there is a wizard mode coded in if you complete everything in the game? 5 modes and two multi balls?

#2415 5 years ago

I do not know what will happen with the Beatles, but one thing I find interesting is the LE or SLE versions of Batman66 do not come up for sale very often. Actually I do not recall seeing and SLE for sale for a while. There is something intangible about some games. Wait and see.

#2416 5 years ago

It's typical with a lot of game releases you have buyers vs non-buyers but there seems to be a very small presence of buyers apparent in this thread, and no owners club has appeared.

I know the sun and moon don't rise with Pinside, but no matter what its the single biggest collection of pinball buyers in the world so it makes me wonder about how many Beatles are actually selling.

Batman66 caused a lot of negativity from the pricing to the state of the game on launch, but there were still a bunch of day 1 buyers and their presence was felt (I was one of them).

5000 people logged into Pinside yesterday, 397 have posted in this thread since it was created, and no owners thread. hmmm.

#2417 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's typical with a lot of game releases you have buyers vs non-buyers but there seems to be a very small presence of buyers apparent in this thread, and no owners club has appeared.
I know the sun and moon don't rise with Pinside, but no matter what its the single biggest collection of pinball buyers in the world so it makes me wonder about how many Beatles are actually selling.
Batman66 caused a lot of negativity from the pricing to the state of the game on launch, but there were still a bunch of day 1 buyers and their presence was felt (I was one of them).
5000 people logged into Pinside yesterday, 397 have posted in this thread since it was created, and no owners thread. hmmm.

I started a buyers club last weekend but everyone seems to be posting here.

I will give it a bump!

#2418 5 years ago

There have been a lot of complaints about the artwork on Beatles pinball being the only difference between models, yet pricing between models is unjustified. There was another Stern pin where art was the biggest difference - and it was another KaPow title - BM66. Prem, LE and SLE played the same, but had different artwork. The LE/SLE buyer’s got a nice topper, bat signal and trading card too. But there was a huge jump between a Prem at $7.5k and the SLE model at $15k. There wasn’t as much backlash as today.

In the case of Beatles, we see the same game with 3 models ranging from $7.6k up to $25-$35k and with no shiny SLE artwork, no topper, no trading card and no Adam West personalized greeting. Man, the Beatles Platinum and Diamond pins suck more than the Gold edition.

#2419 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Manufacturers shouldn't bash Pinside by saying it "doesn't reflect the community" or "isn't the entirety of the hobby" They all read it. Stern uses it to pick themes.

The sample size here on Pinside is huge. Most companies/polling services would KILL for these numbers.

#2420 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

There have been a lot of complaints about the artwork on Beatles pinball with it being the only difference between models, yet pricing is out of the stratosphere. There was another Stern pin where art was the biggest difference between models - and it was also a KaPow title - BM66. Prem, LE and SLE played the same, but had different artwork. The LE/SLE buyer’s got a nice topper, bat signal and trading card. But there was a huge jump between a Prem at $7.5k and SLE model at $15k. But there wasn’t as much backlash.
In the case of Beatles, we see the same game with 3 models ranging from $7.6k up to $25-$35k and with no shiny SLE artwork, no topper, no trading card and no Adam West greeting. Man, the Beatles Platinum and Diamond pins suck more than the Gold edition.

The diamond is no doubt a cash grab but if we are going to bitch about price in general, what makes JJP collector and le editions worth the 10k-12.5k price tag and all are good with it? Shit, the coil count and code make you all warm and fuzzy? And yes I’m an owner of one but I don’t find these to be anymore limited or collectible than this Beatles machine, possibly even less.

#2425 5 years ago

Brutal "undercover audio", it was like listening to an alternate reality where everyone sounds like a movie kidnapper.

"Pay close attention. I have your daughter and if you want to see her alive...oh wait a moment...I am calling for my boss and he was wondering if you know how much a Diamond Beatles Pinball would be?"

I need to get one of those voice-changer thingies! It would be great for ordering pizza or speaking with telemarketers!

#2426 5 years ago

I like how they criss-crossed the Translite and Cabinet art between the Plarimum and Gold levels. Cutting edge stuff

#2428 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

I do not know what will happen with the Beatles, but one thing I find interesting is the LE or SLE versions of Batman66 do not come up for sale very often. Actually I do not recall seeing and SLE for sale for a while. There is something intangible about some games. Wait and see.

But the SLE is physically different from the other models. The cabinet has the raised foil-stamping and super-gloss layer over the top that makes it look really amazing, plus a few other extras. 15k amazing? Um, no. But then again are the Beatles pins even THAT different? Not so much.

#2429 5 years ago

...never is to late to apologize Pinside Members about that post. 24 hours back I was drunk, not buzzed... DRUNK! Just a few minutes ago after eating something the 1st thing to do after that, was to apologize here in "The Beatles Pinball thread" and erase that crap.

Regards

#2430 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...never is to late to apologize Pinside Members about that post. 24 hours back I was drunk, not buzzed... DRUNK! Just a few minutes ago after eating something the 1st thing to do after that, was to apologize here in "The Beatles Pinball thread" and erase that crap.
Regards

I will delete your quoted post for $10000.

#2431 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I will delete your quoted post for $10000.

Or a 40% share in a Diamond LE.

#2432 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Regards

I don’t know. I think true redemption can only be obtained if you change your screen name to Toyota.

#2433 5 years ago

Drum roll.....we finally have Beatles table video for review and I must say wow, it’s better than we thought! Maybe after you see this video you’ll think it’s worth the price. No cash grab here after all, by Stern or Ka-pow. I’ll probably grab a couple after watching this video. One to play and one to keep in a box.

Do you like the song lengths? Joe said there were restrictions on how long the original Beatles 2 to 3 minute songs played. You can hear the length the songs actually play in the video below. Sounds like there were some restrictions on the Beatles voice work in some of the songs as well...

What do you guys think, is this table worth $8 to $35k?

#2434 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You sir, must have great taste in automobiles
[quoted image]

nice - ceramic or titanium?

#2435 5 years ago

I think the Diablo mobile game announcement this week landed worse than the Beatles...

#2436 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

nice - ceramic or titanium?

Titanium, I think all the Ceramic have the black bezel (but don't quote me, because sometimes the bezels are carbon)

#2437 5 years ago

New Zealand prices are out ... well, Gold prices ...

rd

DDBCD00E-4EF6-43F5-A166-43B9C5EBF6CD (resized).jpegDDBCD00E-4EF6-43F5-A166-43B9C5EBF6CD (resized).jpeg
#2438 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

New Zealand prices are out ... well, Gold prices ...
rd[quoted image]

$14,650 NZ converts to $9860.00 US. Wow!!.

#2439 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yikes! Only $2260 more than here in the US.

#2440 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yikes! Only $2260 more than here in the US.

We (Outsiders) all pay Premium for our Pros.

#2441 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

. Don't most people here have various non-mechanical options for sex?

You really gotta wonder sometimes given how uptight this place is most of the time...

#2442 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There's 15% tax included with that price.

#2443 5 years ago

West Long Branch, NJ – Nearly five decades after they broke up, the Beatles are the clear leader when Americans name the greatest rock and roll band of all time. The Monmouth University Poll finds that fully 86% of U.S. adults like the Beatles while only 8% dislike them.

Read the rest here https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_110818/

I guess this settles it..............

#2444 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

West Long Branch, NJ – Nearly five decades after they broke up, the Beatles are the clear leader when Americans name the greatest rock and roll band of all time. The Monmouth University Poll finds that fully 86% of U.S. adults like the Beatles while only 8% dislike them.
Read the rest here https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_110818/
I guess this settles it..............

Happy to be in the 8%. Esh.

#2445 5 years ago

How much is Gold (US)?

#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How much is Gold (US)?

7,995.00 plus freight.

#2447 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

7,995.00 plus freight.

Thanks that's what AFM LE cost if I recall. That's a lot of moola.

these are going to be rare as all get out.

they won't need to be certified rare.

#2448 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

7,995.00 plus freight.

Can’t believe the pro/gold is priced the same as MBR LE.

#2449 5 years ago

Spoke with a local distributor this weekend and what did I learn

1) stern is sold out of all Beatles. Ofcourse to distributors so still available to purchase by customers.

2) pricing is approx 8-25-50KEUR. Pls note this includes a 21%VAT

3) he already sold 4 Golds. All to pinheads

4) indeed main distributors have to buy in packages of 10

25-50KEUR........

#2450 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Spoke with a local distributor this weekend and what did I learn
1) stern is sold out of all Beatles. Ofcourse to distributors so still available to purchase by customers.
2) pricing is approx 8-25-50KEUR. Pls note this includes a 21%VAT
3) he already sold 4 Golds. All to pinheads
4) indeed main distributors have to buy in packages of 10
25-50KEUR........

It's collecting insanity!

Diamond looks the worst of the 3 but it's 'rare' so worth paying the extra for

At those prices you could put a Gold in 6 different rooms in your house or have one Diamond that is virtually the same!!

Anyway, Stern sold out so they do know their market and they must have made a fortune on this run, which is good news as hopefully this will mean better games going forward.

Reading pinball magazine number 5, even back in the 50's when Gottlieb were in their zenith, there was always a guy ( accountant ) who wanted to take stuff out of games, whereas the designer ( Wayne Neyens ) , wanted to put stuff in.

Not a lot has changed!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 45.00
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.
Cabinet parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/49?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.