(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 76.
#2301 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Let the product and sales do the talking.

LOL it's funny you say that as JJP game sales are sad they can't even sell out the very small number of CE games

#2302 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He spent 2 years of his life developing something that everyone said could never be done.
Then instead of being able to enjoy his success, a bunch of pindicks are shitting on him and his hard work.

if it took him 2 years to [develop] a title where the game design wasn't original, I'd hate to see how long it would take him to design something completely original

"sorry honey, it's going to cup 'o noodles for the next 6-8 years! and we'll need to sell the kids and pets for medical experiments"

#2303 5 years ago

duplicate post

#2304 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow! So you mean 500 witty pinsiders are finally gonna be able to live their dream of "This game better fuck me for that price!!!"

You're apparently the wittiest!! You're gonna get the SLE (Super Long Edition) version of the mod.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Only if you license it from Python

Challenge accepted.

#2305 5 years ago

Our local distro bought one 10 pack. He has been quoting $7999 for the Gold. Also note that his typical pricing is very retail. We are actually going to have a launch party with 2 Golds. I'm looking forward to that.

#2306 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

He has been quoting $7999 for the Gold.

Before tax, tags and delivery? Seems like the numbers coming out are uniform.

#2307 5 years ago

My eyes bleed every time I try to go into this thread...

#2308 5 years ago

Some of you all here remind me of something that happened 35 years ago.

I worked for Boeing Aircraft Company. You know, the company that makes/made the 747. As a treat for some of the employees, Boeing used its own 747 company test airplane to give some of the employees an airplane ride. I don't know how I made the cut but I got lucky enough to be in one of the groups selected to go for an airplane ride.

We went up to 7000 feet and got an aerial tour of 3 counties where many employees lived. We had the run of the plane and as the plane banked and turned we could run from one side to the other side and look out the windows. I did not get to see my house from the air because my house was not on the route taken.

7000 foot guided aerial tour. We saw buildings around town and we knew what we were looking at.

We were in the air for an hour. At 7000 feet. And we owned the plane. That kind of stuff does not happen----even in fairy tales. But it happened to several hundred of us.

When we got back down on the ground some Negative Ned just could not keep his mouth shut and enjoy what happened and seemed intent of trying to spoil it for the rest of us. "Bah. We didn't get to fly to Kansas City (200 miles away)." I wanted to say to this idiot to go buy a ticket for KC because he just received something (for free) that no amount of money could have bought.

Some of you here remind me of that guy. Never happy. With anything.

#2309 5 years ago

Damn inquired this morning for a possible Platinum, but after reading all this i'm :oops Not really!

#2310 5 years ago

what happened to my imoji another one double time lol hope works this time

#2311 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Our local distro

LOTR_breath B'nets?

#2312 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

My eyes bleed every time I try to go into this thread...

I know, and I hate how pinside TOS requires you to read every thread, even when you are not interested in the discussion.

#2313 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

When we got back down on the ground some Negative Ned just could not keep his mouth shut and enjoy what happened and seemed intent of trying to spoil it for the rest of us. "Bah. We didn't get to fly to Kansas City (200 miles away)." I wanted to say to this idiot to go buy a ticket for KC because he just received something (for free) that no amount of money could have bought.
Some of you here remind me of that guy. Never happy. With anything.

Odd analogy...unlike your cool/free plane ride, pinball machines aren't free (which tends to spark some of the negativism).

Aside from the high prices, I think looks like a cool game to me (timeless band theme/license + 80's retro design).

Not sure it's targeted at hardcore pinballers/collectors, but I'm sure they won't have a problem selling them.

Good for Stern,

snaroff

#2314 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I know, and I hate how pinside TOS requires you to read every thread, even when you are not interested in the discussion.

I am interested in the Beatles pin (It's a new pin)... and I go here to talk about that... But some of this thread is batshit crazy.

#2315 5 years ago

I am interested in the Beatles pin (It's a new pin)... and I go here to talk about that... But some of this thread is batshit crazy.

Welcome to Pinside and new pinball discussion.

#2317 5 years ago

Just buy it if you like the looks of it.

#2319 5 years ago

I'm a member or moderator of a bunch of forums (Audiophile, Fender Guitar, Canon Camera, Pirate Software, Mustang, Rocketry, Astronomy, Aquarium) but nothing comes close to the insane negativity of Pinside.

It's the saddest collection of subhumans on the net, by far.

#2320 5 years ago

Some may take things too far, but by in large I find Pinside to be highly entertaining. And sometimes informative, too!

#2321 5 years ago

I've been out of the hobby for the last several years with just a few exceptions like buying an MMRLE, AFMLE, and now MBRLE. When I heard about a Beatles pinball machine I had to have it so started doing some research. Even though the playfield is underwhelming and essentially Seawitch rehash, the music/art package and limited nature of the game was enough for me to pull the trigger on a Gold. $7600 is already pushing it, but $12.5K/$25K for the more limited editions?! Hell nah. I draw the line there. I'm actually looking forward to this pin even more than MBRLE at this point, only cause my wife and boys are big Beatles lovers.

#2322 5 years ago

The same people who will be buying the Platinums and Diamonds are the same sort of people who buy one of these Sony robot dogs for $3000.00.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/23/technology/sony-aibo-robot-dog-us/index.html

In the past, they would be people we all would refer to as having money to burn. Now days, they would be referred as having a bank account loaded up with "fuck you" money.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fuck%20you%20money

#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm a member or moderator of a bunch of forums (Audiophile, Fender Guitar, Canon Camera, Pirate Software, Mustang, Rocketry, Astronomy, Aquarium) but nothing comes close to the insane negativity of Pinside.

Sorry, but that designation goes to the Breitbart forum.

#2324 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's the same 10 people over and over out of 30000.....

#2325 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

In case anyone buying a Beatles is looking to sell a junior version...
Machine - Wanted
Wanted: Seawitch (a.k.a. Beatles junior)New!Wanted! “Title says it all

I can't afford a Beatles, but thought someone may be looking to sell a Seawitch in order to make room for their new game.

Looking for 100% playing and averag...”
3 hours ago Madison, WI
Wanted
Whysnow

I got one for you. Players condition, at Stern Pro pricing.

#2326 5 years ago

Attention Pinsiders: Please, please resist the urge to go over to the aquarium forum to stir up shit

#2327 5 years ago
B7961346-47E6-43A5-8285-4F913A3BA5A2 (resized).jpegB7961346-47E6-43A5-8285-4F913A3BA5A2 (resized).jpeg
#2328 5 years ago

john lennon beat women

#2330 5 years ago

I would buy the platinum but next year I decided to pay $100,000 to go to Mt Everest. I hear you can get a few Sherpa, for that kind of money, to grab you by the ankles and drag you up to the summit. (You still tell everyone that you climbed it by yourself). You get waited on hand and foot and you don't even have to learn the names of the brown fellas carrying you and all your stuff. They feel honored just to be in your presence and serve the rich white man. Just like Stern's brown minimum wage factory workers are honored to be working there amongst the people that actually matter. Indentured Servitude is alive and well. Prices go up, quality goes down . Integrity is compromised. Why so many apologists? What do you owe them when they pull cash grab moves like this? "This pin isn't for Pinsiders". That's like saying, "this car isn't for people that know how to drive." Who exactly buys pins that aren't at least casually interested in the hobby? When you are casually interested in a pinball game, you google it and boom you know of Pinside. Stern acts like Pinside isn't important yet takes every word here to heart, whether they admit this or not. It's just a fun forum, at the end of the day, but it has become obvious that Stern has certain Pinsiders on the payroll as hype men here just to pump up the love for their products. Pinside doesn't matter, indeed.

#2331 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I would buy the platinum but next year I decided to pay $100,000 to go to Mt Everest. I hear you can get a few Sherpa, for that kind of money, to grab you by the ankles and drag you up to the summit. (You still tell everyone that you climbed it by yourself). You get waited on hand and foot and you don't even have to learn the names of the brown fellas carrying you and all your stuff. They feel honored just to be in your presence and serve the rich white man. Just like Stern's brown minimum wage factory workers are honored to be working there amongst the people that actually matter. Indentured Servitude is alive and well. Prices go up, quality goes down . Integrity is compromised. Why so many apologists? What do you owe them when they pull cash grab moves like this? "This pin isn't for Pinsiders". That's like saying, "this car isn't for people that know how to drive." Who exactly buys pins that aren't at least casually interested in the hobby? When you are casually interested in a pinball game, you google it and boom you know of Pinside. Stern acts like Pinside isn't important yet takes every word here to heart, whether they admit this or not. It's just a fun forum, at the end of the day, but it has become obvious that Stern has certain Pinsiders on the payroll as hype men here just to pump up the love for their products. Pinside doesn't matter, indeed.

Really can't imaging why somebody would get "a bit touchy" over this.

#2332 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Really can't imaging why somebody would get "a bit touchy" over this.

I'm not mad at all, just being sarcastic.

#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I'm not mad at all, just being sarcastic.

It was pretty obvious you where being tongue in cheek

But $100,000 for Everest? I gotto ask is that figure real? I have been quoted about £15/20k ($20/25k usd) and it’s seriously on my bucket list but at $100k I’ll be walking just to get there

#2334 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It was pretty obvious you where being tongue in cheek
But $100,000 for Everest? I gotto ask is that figure real? I have been quoted about £15/20k ($20/25k usd) and it’s seriously on my bucket list but at $100k I’ll be walking just to get there

I know big expeditions with all the bells and whistles are over 60K per person. That's no guaranteed summit, either. Just the fees to be able to climb the mountain are crazy then add in guides, Sherpas, doctor, food, transportation, insurance and it skyrockets. The fees seem to go up every year just like pinball!

#2335 5 years ago

Watching the stern assembly line video of these being built it appears that the exposed wires around the spinner brackets that everyone was bitching about have been largely covered with some sort of plastic signage with integrated light/flasher. Looks a good bit better.

#2336 5 years ago

I was able to get a closer look at the game. The colors are not as horrible as the original teaser video made them out to be.

Artwork is better than I originally thought. Still not going to be picking this up anytime soon.

#2337 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Who exactly buys pins that aren't at least casually interested in the hobby?

KISS fans.

Anytime you go to somebodies house and they have a dead pinball machine in the basement, it's always a KISS machine surrounded by Kiss Krap all over the walls around it.

Vid: Kiss, eh?
Kiss Fan: That thing still lights up!!!! I got it off Ebay after the final reunion tour.
V: Nice restoration.
KF: Seven thousand kiss bucks [whispering]
V: Can we play it?
KF: Naw, I think the ball got lost or somethin'.
V: Got the keys?
KF: I used to have a guy who would come tune it, but after the kids moved out....we never played it; kinda noisy, really.

kollection_sf19 (resized).jpgkollection_sf19 (resized).jpg

#2338 5 years ago

And who is paying Fripp to whine endlessly about this? The Deep Root Guy? The same person who is paying him to worship overrated prog rock bores like King Crimson? BOOOOOM!

Everybody's on someone's payroll around here if you haven't noticed. Everybody here has been accused of shilling/fanboying someone or something.

#2339 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody's on someone's payroll around here if you haven't noticed. I'm not sure anybody here hasn't been accused of shilling/fanboying someone or something.

Dude, you're just trying to deflect the fact that the Steve Kirk estate has been financing you to talk up stars for years.

#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Dude, you're just trying to deflect the fact that the Steve Kirk estate has been financing you to talk up stars for years.

Stars sells itself!

#2341 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The same person who is paying him to worship overrated prog rock bores like King Crimson?

Hey, let's be fair; they had one good album 49 years ago.

#2342 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hey, let's be fair; they had one good album 49 years ago.

You are forgetting In the Wake of Poseidon, Islands, Lizard,Lark's Tongues in Aspic, Starless and Bible Black, Red, Discipline, and Thrak. All great albums!

#2343 5 years ago

Nobody is forgetting that boring pretentious shit!!!!

He did some nice work with David Bowie, but then, who didn't? Bowie could get a legendary performance out of carrot top.

#2344 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody is forgetting that boring pretentious shit!!!!
He did some nice work with David Bowie, but then, who didn't?

At least try Red, Levi. I'll bet you like it. It's very dark and heavy.

#2345 5 years ago
Quoted from ROTTENPINBALL:

john lennon beat women

Well, to recycle an old Ike & Tina headline... He beat Yoko to death.

#2346 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

You are forgetting In the Wake of Poseidon, Islands, Lizard,Lark's Tongues in Aspic, Starless and Bible Black, Red, Discipline, and Thrak.

I have all those albums on my server, but you are right, I've long forgotten them.

#2347 5 years ago

I really can picture this game earning on location.
It's a game that can be placed at most types of locations. Its simple to understand and learn. It's a theme that isn't as fringy as a tv show, movie or favor of the month. Please post here if you're going to operate and initial earnings. I'm on the fence...

#2348 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I really can picture thisgame earning on location.
It's a game that can be placed at most types of locations. Its simple to understand and learn.

I agree. I think this has the chance of pulling in a new demographic of players for sure. For people who have never played or not played in years, the newer games can be intimidating.

#2349 5 years ago
Quoted from ROTTENPINBALL:

john lennon beat women

I’ve discovered all kinds of things about pop culture because of new pinball themes & pinside like:

.Ghostbusters film wasn’t as magical as I remembered it being
.liv Tyler & silverstone were strippers in a video & afflek saved the earth
.i didn’t miss anything in regards to the music catalogs of kiss, Alice cooper & Iron Maiden
.game of thrones is an epic show
.walking dead is boring as shit
.hulk hogan made a sex tape

.and more...

#2350 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I really can picture thisgame earning on location.
It's a game that can be placed at most types of locations.

It would be easy to find the proper location.

Drive around town and look for bars with a bunch of old people huddled together outside, trying to stay dry while smoking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,282 (OBO)
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/47?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.