(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 76.
#2251 5 years ago

Looking forward to seeing how functional that left spinner will be. I do like the idea of an extra spinner, but seems like a gamble. For example, does that spinner interfere with the action of the left most pop bumper? It also looks like the edge of the spinner could get smashed / nicked while it's spinning (if pop bumper sends the ball right back into it while spinning). Might be worth putting some mylar down under that spinner?

#2252 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You don't need individually controlled drops to force the player to hit them in order. For example:
Hit target one, stays down, its insert lights.
Hit target three. Oops! Stays down, but its insert doesn't light.
Hit target two, its insert lights.
Full bank resets so that target three is available.
One and two are also back up, but already lit, so not necessary to hit.

Fathom makes you drop in order to light extra ball it adds so much fun cause when you f up you need to quickly get them down to try again. Ball times are not super long , at least for me

#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s one of my favorite classics.
There does appear to be a fair amount of additional code into this machine with the 2- multi-balls, super jackpot shot, multiple skill shots and the rumored wizard mode. Not to mention the video content integration.

Yes, all of those items will ad to the game satisfaction scale. One new mechanical difference between the two pins is the way the ball launches. With The Beatles there is a launch ramp that shoots the ball into the orbit in counter-clockwise rotation. With Seawitch, there is a flexible metal flap one-way gate that the ball pushes thru on launch and the metal flap gate closes behind the ball and closes the orbit so the ball cannot return to the shooter (this is not the one-way wire gate you see on The Beatles for the skill shot).

The problem with the flap-gate is if you hit a clockwise orbit shot with either the right hand upper of right hand lower flipper, when that shot comes around clockwise it hits the flap gate which flexes with the ball weight. This flex upsets the trajectory of the ball towards the upper right hand flipper and with your next shot.

The next shot: If you are extremely good or extremely lucky, you can get a double-clockwise-orbit shot. Seawitch, with that flexible gate does not give double-clockwise-orbit shots easily. In all of the games I played, I have probably achieved 7 or 8 double-clockwise-orbit shots. There was one time I got 2 1/2 orbit shots.
+++++++++++++++++
I was listening to that Ka-Pow interview where he said the magnet up top was added to prevent endless loops (orbits). Now, maybe, when these guys were working on the prototype with the new launch ramp and no flap gate, shooting endless clockwise orbit shots with the upper right flipper might have been a happening thing for them. But no way would that happen with a Seawitch, so my thinking is no way was that magnet added to prevent endless loops; That magnet has some other purpose.
++++++++++++

I am wanting to do a modification to my Seawitch. I want to add that launch ramp and get rid of the flex gate and see if endless loops can be made possible.

I found out I live about 5 miles from a Stern distributor and this shop in on my go to see lest for today.

#2254 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

i did my part.. i shared the stern post to my mom's facebook wall

bad news guys.. my mom isnt going to buy one.

#2255 5 years ago

The geometry of the upper loop seems to be slightly modified from Seawitch perhaps enabling clockwise looping from the upper right flipper which is nearly impossible on Seawitch.

#2256 5 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The geometry of the upper loop seems to be slightly modified from Seawitch perhaps enabling clockwise looping from the upper right flipper which is nearly impossible on Seawitch.

Oh yeah, it is different. If you look at the overhead pic of Beatles that geometry of the loop is setting up perfectly for placing the ball at optimum setup for the upper right flipper.

#2257 5 years ago

I know that the drop target discussion is SOOO sixty minutes ago....but Big Hurt has controlled drop targets with fun rules for them.

#2258 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I know that the drop target discussion is SOOO sixty minutes ago....but Big Hurt has controlled drop targets with fun rules for them.

Raven has controlled drop targets as well. Think about that. Controlled drop targets on a crappy 80's game.

#2259 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Controlled drop targets on a crappy 80's game.

Meteor 1979 had computer controlled drops, it ain't rocket science

#2260 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Meteor 1979 had computer controlled drops, it ain't rocket science

So did Fast Draw in 1975. Well, not computer controlled obviously, but the ability to have the game drop certain drops without the ball hitting them.

#2261 5 years ago

Vector isn't a great game, but the way it uses memory controlled drops is.

#2262 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I can’t even find it on your Dubai distro’s site...

I head a rumor that their site is run by the same hosting company that does KaPow's

Seriously, I'm sure the game will be sold out long before WOG lists them for sale.

#2263 5 years ago

Imagine there's controlled drop banks
It's easy if you try
No ramps above us
This playfield is all kinds of dry

Imagine all the people
A simple layout but willing to pay....yoo whoooo

You may say I'm a dreamer
But the real Seawitch is the only one
Hopefully someday you will join us
And the pinball world will be as one.

(and yes, I know this is solo John sans Beatles)

#2264 5 years ago

Looks like their target demographic is choosing MET instead!!!!

Met Granny (resized).jpgMet Granny (resized).jpg
#2265 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Seriously, I'm sure the game will be sold out long before WOG lists them for sale.

I get the impression things are not selling anywhere as well as you presume. Joe seems to be a bit touchy on the subject all together...

joe statement (resized).JPGjoe statement (resized).JPG
#2266 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Vector isn't a great game, but the way it uses memory controlled drops is.

Vector is a great game.

The problem is that if anything is not working, the whole thing falls into the toilet.

It's a good choice for a home game where someone keeps an eye on it; but on route, it just had too much interconnected mechs.

#2267 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I get the impression things are not selling anywhere as well as you presume. Joe seems to be a bit touchy on the subject all together...

Why would Joe being reactionary about someone insulting his game be any indicator of sales?

#2268 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Why would Joe being reactionary about someone insulting his game be any indicator of sales?

They would call this "laughing all the way to the bank".... I'd think....

#2269 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

When it is selling well then people tend to not be so defensive.

Reality is that original comment was not insulting his game very hard. Just a fact someone made (Beatles is factually a reskin of an old game with a spinning disk mech borrowed from earlier games and Beatles art) and their desire to see Munsters. It was not like the poster was going out and putting it on his timeline, but rather that Joe is defensive enough to go find the post in a pinball group and reply.

May be best for him to turn off social media for a few weeks post release as that wont earn any fanfare.

#2270 5 years ago

Joe should have just stuck to teasing that guy for wanting to see Munsters.

#2271 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I get the impression things are not selling anywhere as well as you presume. Joe seems to be a bit touchy on the subject all together...[quoted image]

Twister has a magnetic disc?

Maybe he is just touchy because people get on his nerves big time.

#2272 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

T3 has one that can drop itself as well, I think.

ST:TNG AND No Fear

#2273 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I get the impression things are not selling anywhere as well as you presume. Joe seems to be a bit touchy on the subject all together...[quoted image]

Good to see FB has people just mocking and retorting others angrily with disdain, like every other website. I wish my mom had a pin in her basement.

#2274 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Joe seems to be a bit touchy on the subject all together...

He spent 2 years of his life developing something that everyone said could never be done.

Then instead of being able to enjoy his success, a bunch of pindicks are shitting on him and his hard work.

#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Playfield (resized).jpgPlayfield (resized).jpg
#2276 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Maybe he is just touchy because people get on his nerves big time.

More likely tired of all the complaints.

#2277 5 years ago

Haha! Sales, design, defense or not I love that reply.

#2278 5 years ago

“Hey dipshit!!! You suck!! You suck!!!” - for two weeks.

“My, a little touchy, aren’t we?!”

#2279 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He spent 2 years of his life developing something that everyone said could never be done.
Then instead of being able to enjoy his success, a bunch of pindicks are shitting on him and his hard work.

Awwww! When you put it that way....... Poor snowflake.

#2280 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha! Sales, design, defense or not I love that reply.

Of you get shit you talk ass!

With the difference Kaminkow can talk a$$!

But srsly, that pic someone posted there... Why spending your time making this, stating something completely dumb? Beatles does not push Munsters back.

(Bill&Ted is)

#2281 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

We (pinheads) are critical of every new game that comes out; as we should be for any 7200 purchase!
If the game is selling well, then seems silly to be so defensive. Let the product and sales do the talking.

I really dont think it can be construed as shitting on him/his work. He had to know a common critique when you reskin a game and sell it for a huge mark up that these would be just that... it is a largely recycled game sold with a license alone. I dont think he is entitled to be both defensive and greedy. Just does not work well on anyone.

#2282 5 years ago

It’s only $7200?

For a game with 4 flippers, spinners, and a shitload of drops?

What’s everybody whining about?

#2283 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s only $7200?
For a game with 4 flippers, spinners, and a shitload of drops?
What’s everybody whining about?

Man, when did WPT get to be a $7200 game?

wpt (resized).jpgwpt (resized).jpg
#2284 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

[quoted image]

timing was spot on there!!!

LOL!

#2285 5 years ago

Overpriced products tend to be criticized on the internet. For good reason.

If you don't want to hear the criticisms, stick to Sterns FB page, where they control reality!

#2286 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

[quoted image]

When Stern was about to close down because they didnt make enough money.

#2287 5 years ago

I appreciate that in the modern internet and social media era, we are used to having all aspects of pricing and production about some of our favorite products. That being said, I see no obligation on the part of Stern or any distributors to share their costs, pricing decisions or profits with the consumers.

If you can find a good deal, by all means, take advantage of it.

#2288 5 years ago

I have zero interest in owning one of these. I'd probably walk by one on location and drop quarters in something a bit more robust.

However-

The level of vitriol over this title is getting a bit ridiculous. If it isn't for you, fine. They will sell out in a reasonable amount of time. The Beatles package may not be of interest due to theme or color choices. But at the end of the day, the art is of consistent quality. You can read the fonts. The LCD display art looks clear and professional. You can figure out where to shoot the ball easily. You can walk up to the machine and play it without reading a 1000 page manual on gameplay. Games are on the line and being built within 2 weeks of us seeing the initial pictures. No year long wait for delivery. No preorder money up front. Nobody here was tricked out of any money. Stern has producing games down to a science, and people still piss and moan incessantly. Some of you complain like it is your full time job on here...and I just don't get it. This is a damn hobby where we play with expensive toys for fun. No wonder any person of any stature in the pinball industry avoids contact with pinheads in the mainstream social media environment.

#2289 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It took 2 years to come up with that layout, mostly ripped from an existing 30-year old SS game?

At least for me, I've said it's not a game I'm interested in (especially at the stated price points for what it offers) and just having some fun. I didn't say it was a total heap of shit. I'll certainly give it a few plays when I see one and see what it's like. I always do on any game. Like every game that's released, there will be high-fives from some, and criticisms by others.

For what we pay for these friggin things and the anticipation when we hear a new title may be coming and the possibilities, everyone is allowed to be either happy, or disappointed. It's like any other product in the world. You certainly can't make EVERYONE happy in business, but some decisions in this hobby from the big dogs do make me scratch my head.

No matter what, the game will sell, regardless of what anybody here or anywhere else says. It's f@#$'in Beatles. Anything Beatles will sell...to somebody. Now back to my mom's pinless basement...

#2290 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You don't need individually controlled drops to force the player to hit them in order. For example:
Hit target one, stays down, its insert lights.
Hit target three. Oops! Stays down, but its insert doesn't light.
Hit target two, its insert lights.
Full bank resets so that target three is available.
One and two are also back up, but already lit, so not necessary to hit.

This is how the upper playfield drop targets work in Black Hole.

#2291 5 years ago

2,288 posts about 1,964 machines. Can't believe I've read all this crap. And contributed! Ugh.

#2292 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

...Some of you complain like it is your full time job on here...

There are people who post 30+ messages to Pinside EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. and have been doing it for over 5 years.

#2293 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I have zero interest in owning one of these. I'd probably walk by one on location and drop quarters in something a bit more robust.
However-
The level of vitriol over this title is getting a bit ridiculous. If it isn't for you, fine. They will sell out in a reasonable amount of time. The Beatles package may not be of interest due to theme or color choices. But at the end of the day, the art is of consistent quality. You can read the fonts. The LCD display art looks clear and professional. You can figure out where to shoot the ball easily. You can walk up to the machine and play it without reading a 1000 page manual on gameplay. Games are on the line and being built within 2 weeks of us seeing the initial pictures. No year long wait for delivery. No preorder money up front. Nobody here was tricked out of any money. Stern has producing games down to a science, and people still piss and moan incessantly. Some of you complain like it is your full time job on here...and I just don't get it. This is a damn hobby where we play with expensive toys for fun. No wonder any person of any stature in the pinball industry avoids contact with pinheads in the mainstream social media environment.

+1

I cannot wait to play this game.

#2294 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

However-

Finally, a voice of reason! WTH are you doing in here? This is the He Man New Pin Haters Club!

Ok just kidding of course but really my take is...

High priced pin but I think it looks pretty darn fun and cool with the added features. And the Beatles license and collectability is going to add to the value.

I look forward to playing one!

#2295 5 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

There are people who post 30+ messages to Pinside EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. and have been doing it for over 5 years.

Lets amend that and exclude the guys in the tech forums...some of those guys should be knighted for the level of help they give. But yes, I know who you meant.

#2296 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We (pinheads) are critical of every new game that comes out; as we should be for any 7200 purchase!

Pindicks are always crying like bitches, before they have even played a game.

They are just sad sub-humans with no joy in their lives.

Quoted from Whysnow:

If the game is selling well, then seems silly to be so defensive. Let the product and sales do the talking.

I thought it was a great (and accurate) comeback.

Quoted from Whysnow:

when you reskin a game and sell it for a huge mark up

What was the mark up on the game?

I did not see the BOM, licensing and production costs posted. Link?

#2297 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They are just sad sub-humans with no joy in their lives.

I thought it was a great (and accurate) come back.

What was the mark up on the game?
I did not see the BOM, licensing and production costs posted. Link?

timing was spot on there!!!

LOL!

#2298 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Vid, do you mind if I use "Pindick" for the name of a mod I'm working on?

#2299 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Wow! So you mean 500 witty pinsiders are finally gonna be able to live their dream of "This game better fuck me for that price!!!"

#2300 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Only if you license it from Python

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.