(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 76.
#2151 5 years ago

Has anybody got firm pricing from a dealer - Diamond/Platinum?

#2152 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Typical terrible stern marketing. No matrix. No solid pricing.

...and selling great!

#2153 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man this is the most disappointing release day ever!
Virtually zero new information or anything new to bitch about. Fewer posts here than ever!
I think these early release parties are gonna be the new normal. Let Pinside have its meltdown and then get on with the actual business of selling the pinball machine two weeks later. Pretty smart strategy actually.
Once again, Stern is leading the way! Let's see if everybody else adopts this plan or sticks with the usual official announcement and then ship the game a year later model.

I’m thinking this just falls into the nobody really cares too much category

Now bring on the Munsters!

Whether they suck or not, You gotta love Stern for cranking out pins and getting them to you right away

#2154 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

you can tell when a new pin sucks when the discussion turns to cars

So every game ever made sucks?

#2155 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Typical terrible stern marketing. No matrix. No solid pricing.

It will probably be completely sold out before it matters

The local distro sold 2 ten packs out completely

#2156 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No. The 1990 were the golden era of pinball because there was no internet.

#2157 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You have a local distro in the Middle East Vid?

What does anybody think about the song choices?

#2158 5 years ago

Good song choices for 1963-1965. They are upbeat and work with pinball. I'm interested to see how they will be incorporated.

Quoted from iceman44:

What does anybody think about the song choices?

#2159 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Well what did he sell the platinum & diamonds for?

#2160 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Of course.

http://wogme.com/

#2161 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Well what did he sell the platinum & diamonds for?

Plat was 45000 dirham, I did not ask about diamond

#2162 5 years ago

Just curious, what would a fully restored, museum quality Seawitch go for these days?

#2163 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ordering a porsche panamera cause of this beatles pin.

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just curious, what would a fully restored, museum quality Seawitch go for these days?

45k dirham

#2165 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Good song choices for 1963-1965. They are upbeat and work with pinball. I'm interested to see how they will be incorporated.

I agree, excellent upbeat song choices.

Hard to evaluate without some video showing the integration and also what the LCD animations are gonna look like.

They crushed it with BM66 ultimately so maybe Joe K. will deliver again in that department.

#2166 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Has anybody got firm pricing from a dealer - Diamond/Platinum?

My distributor says call only for price. I wonder if he will even put one in the showroom, he usually does with new titles but with the limited production maybe not. Wrong thread but is Elvis pinball any good?

#2167 5 years ago

I'm generally positive about this pin, but this reveal date today is a letdown.

Ok, we got the Platinum Translite (and we kinda know for sure that Platinum/ Diamond Ed. will have no additional value)... and that's it.

No video, no Platinum/ Diamond Pricing... that's kind of sad.

#2168 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'm generally positive about this pin, but this reveal date today is a letdown.
Ok, we got the Platinum Translite (and we kinda know for sure that Platinum/ Diamond Ed. will have no additional value)... and that's it.
No video, no Platinum/ Diamond Pricing... that's kind of sad.

I've already posted the price. I talked to my distributor yesterday. $12,500 for Platinum and $25,000 for Diamond. Stern is not allowing street pricing for these 2 models. Expect gold in the $7,600 range.

#2169 5 years ago

I guess no teaser video and the previous is still down for some reason.

#2170 5 years ago

Anyone call for pricing. they are not allowing anyone dealers/distributors to post pricing on anything but golds

Here is my Cell feel free to call me 303-931-3685

#2171 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_on_One_(tour)
Lets go back to my original question- How popular is The Beatles outside of the US and UK?

They “is” extremely popular worldwide. Does that answer your question?

#2172 5 years ago

So it looks like The Beatles Store sold the 1 Diamond and 2 Platinum games they had in the 10 pack....

#2173 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:Your kidding right? Mustang are WILDLY popular cars, Ford has had them in continuous production since 1964.
You can actually buy brand new reproduction 1960's body shells
https://www.cjponyparts.com/mustang-body-shells-frame-assemblies/c/60020480/?msclkid=e302af15ba8913f55853f4f55c6f7d80&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Sheet%20Metal&utm_term=new%20mustang%20body%20shell&utm_content=Mustang%20Body%20Shells
Matter of fact if you wanted too, you could build a brand new 1968 Mustang without a single used part if so inclined.

Hmm. I wonder if there’s a way to buy Beatles merchandise anywhere? Like a Beatles store or something? That sold all Beatles stuff? Maybe I’ll Google it. Could you imagine, in 2018, being able to buy a new Beatles record!?

But how would we know? They’d have to be WILDLY popular for that to be.

#2174 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm not a Ford guy and I know about Mustangs and their history. They most certainly were sold outside of the US at launch in 1964 (For example they could not use the name Mustang in Germany in 1964 as it was owned by Krupp and Ford refused to buy the rights for it so called the cars T5 instead)
Ford sold more Mustangs in 2016 in Germany than Porsche had sales there in 2016.
Maybe Mustang owners have little interest in being pin owners.
The fact a company spent millions upon millions of dollars tooling up to stamp out new 60's bodies should give you some idea how ridiculously popular and deep pockected some Mustang owners are.

Millions upon millions to invest in a car...how much popularity would prompt someone to invest a million dollars in a....wait for it...pinball license?

#2175 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:The podcast with Joe AND Gary answer all these questions except price.
9 songs now maybe more and they aren’t short 30 second clips.
There WILL be a coin door
Ship in the next 2 weeks - already in production.
Claims to have best video content to date
At least 2 different multiballs
Deep enough that it has a wizard mode were Joes exact words.

Would be cool if they have interview segments, where the individual Beatles look right at the player and say something funny that has to do with the gameplay. Paul smoking all the while, John cracking wise, etc. but there’d have to be a lot of clips and they’d need to play randomly in response to the same game activity, or it would get old fast.

#2176 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I've already posted the price. I talked to my distributor yesterday. $12,500 for Platinum and $25,000 for Diamond. Stern is not allowing street pricing for these 2 models. Expect gold in the $7,600 range.

A lot of people posted a lot of prices, with Diamond sub 10k including.
Not saying that you're making this up, just saying (if it's true that it isn't allowed to put out prices) that's to avoid open price war with the retailers.

While this is good for the retailers, I think it's kind of shady to not have an MSRP.
Just imagine the conversations here, mocking each other because X paid twice as much than Y did for his Diamond.

But with that said, since the gold edition doesn't seem to lack anything and in my opinion generally has the best art package, that's everyones own decision.

#2177 5 years ago

I can’t even find it on your Dubai distro’s site...

Although they are having a fantastic sale on bumper cars. Can probably get that whole set up and run the electricity for less than what one of these Plats or Diamonds cost.

88CDBEF8-199D-4BB2-A36D-F7A8C1DF6939 (resized).png88CDBEF8-199D-4BB2-A36D-F7A8C1DF6939 (resized).png
#2178 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I like the look.
If ANY distributor is reading and has one for normal SternPRO pricing then I am interested. I know rumors are 7k plus, but rumors are also that distributors buying a 10 pack are able to set any pricing structure they want. I foresee that there are big spenders willing to pay high dollar for the Diamond and PLatinum, but good shot that golds will be sitting at the current asking prices. If you want to reach out, you know how to find me. Willing to sign NDA and not disclose price or your info so nobody gets in trouble with big papa.
I have games for possible trade or straight cash.

You. Are. Unbelievable.

#2179 5 years ago

Interesting. The Beatles Store.

https://www.thebeatles.com/store

There are 5 other stores the world around. But no pinballs for sale. Only US store shows pins.

#2180 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You. Are. Unbelievable.

and yet, I had a distributor call me today due to the post.

Not the deal i was looking for, but better than I expected.

I am going to wait it out as I am not interested enough to pay the current prices. Pretty sure prices will drop or I can pick one up from a Beatles fan that gets bored of it in a couple years. If not, then it wont be the game for me.

#2181 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

A lot of people posted a lot of prices, with Diamond sub 10k including.
Not saying that you're making this up, just saying (if it's true that it isn't allowed to put out prices) that's to avoid open price war with the retailers.
While this is good for the retailers, I think it's kind of shady to not have an MSRP.
Just imagine the conversations here, mocking each other because X paid twice as much than Y did for his Diamond.
But with that said, since the gold edition doesn't seem to lack anything and in my opinion generally has the best art package, that's everyones own decision.

For that reason, Stern is threatening to pull the distributor's allotment if they sell their Diamond or Platinum games for less than MSRP. Which is why I don't mind posting that price.

I don't get why Stern doesn't announce their price for this game, considering they are forcing their distributors to sell for a set amount and no less.

#2182 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

For that reason, Stern is threatening to pull the distributor's allotment if they sell their Diamond or Platinum games for less than MSRP. Which is why I don't mind posting that price.

If that price is correct with other people allready telling that it is way less.
I don't want to have an argument, I just want to point out that every retailer tells it a bit different it seems.

We'll see for sure when this thing blows up.

#2183 5 years ago

There is new pictures of the line on the Stern FB page.

I want to point this one out, since -as stated before- there actually IS a lot going on beneath the playfield with 11 Drop Tragets, 2 Magnets, Spinning Disc etc.

I can see why this is not pro price. A plastic ramp is way cheaper.

45506222_10156936823609244_8231473692308144128_n (resized).jpg45506222_10156936823609244_8231473692308144128_n (resized).jpg
#2184 5 years ago

WTF......where’s the cubic zirconia edition?!!!
08660040-ED3C-415D-9090-17F9D91D04C7 (resized).jpeg08660040-ED3C-415D-9090-17F9D91D04C7 (resized).jpeg

#2185 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

There is new pictures of the line on the Stern FB page.
I want to point this one out, since -as stated before- there actually IS a lot going on beneath the playfield with 11 Drop Tragets, 2 Magnets, Spinning Disc etc.
I can see why this is not pro price. A plastic ramp is way cheaper.
[quoted image]

An oversimplification, but since when did a few drop target banks and a rehash mech from XMen justify a $1500 price increase over a Pro?

#2186 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

An oversimplification, but since when did a few drop target banks and a rehash mech from XMen justify a $1500 price increase over a Pro?

Three times the Drop Targets, Disc, Magnets, custom powdercoating, artblades, 4 Flippers, custom apron, plaque...

There's just way more in it!

#2187 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I can’t think of too many pros with any drop targets let alone 11, or multiple magnets and spinners and spinning discs or 4 flippers.

#2188 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I can’t think of too many pros with any drop targets let alone 11, or multiple magnets and spinners and spinning discs or 4 flippers.

GoT, TWD, MET, ST, GB, SW, DP, IMDN, and GOTG all have drops in the Pro in some form, and those are all recent games.

I’m just saying, regardless of the nice powder coating, it’s just funny how people are head over heels with the BoM and think it justifies the giant price hike over a Pro. The same drops were on a 1980 game, and it’s something Stern buys in the thousands at quantity prices. People are acting like they just included some sort of series of revolutionary mechs where in reality it’s just established stuff at a giant price hike.

#2189 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Gottlieb Atlantis EM has a ton of drop targets.

#2190 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

GoT, TWD, MET, ST, GB, SW, DP, IMDN, and GOTG all have drops in the Pro in some form, and those are all recent games.
I’m just saying, regardless of the nice powder coating, it’s just funny how people are head over heels with the BoM and the giant price hike over a Pro. The same drops were on a 1980 game, and it’s something Stern buys in the thousands at quantity prices. People are acting like they just included some sort of series of revolutionary mechs where in reality it’s just established stuff at a giant price hike.

Stern is not in the business to shower you with presents.
The price in relation to what a Premium/ LE usually has (plus license) seems legit, that is all.
Way more legit then the usual LE version price increase over a premium.

And a small drop traget bank will all sell as replacement for ~300$. Beatles has three of them (thats 2 more then usual), 4 Flippers (2 more then usual and altogh Maiden had it that's the reason Pro had no toys) and we can continue this list...

#2191 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Gottlieb Atlantis EM has a ton of drop targets.

But that ain't a "pro".

#2192 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

But that ain't a "pro".

It was the equivalent circa 1975.

#2193 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Optical spinner man. Optical. Spinner.

#2194 5 years ago

I think this thread needs a coil count.

#2195 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think this thread needs a coil count.

Looks like around 14? On another note i was under my hobbit playfield last night and wow it has alot lol... like 50 coils and tons of other stuff ...

#2196 5 years ago

If I were going to buy a Diamond or Platinum, this secretive pricing would have put me right off.

#2197 5 years ago

In Australia all Diamond and Platinum have sold.
Diamonds immediately (give or take a few minutes).
Platinums within a few hours.
Only a few Gold are left at stumps (that is, the end of the first day of play at the SCG, for my North American friends).
Cricket is a 5 day game, so let's see if all Gold are gone within the next 4 days of play.

images-4 (resized).jpegimages-4 (resized).jpeg
#2198 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Depends how many “packs” they committed too.

If they bought 3 packs (30 pins, that’d be a good order for starters) that’s 3x Diamonds and 6x Platinum. It wouldn’t take long to sell those in the crazy hot pin market that Australia is right now.

I’m sure someone will ask AMD how many they had ...

rd

#2199 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Diamonds immediately (give or take a few minutes).
Platinums within a few hours.
Only a few Gold are left at stumps (that is, the end of the first day of play at the SCG, for my North American friends).
Cricket is a 5 day game, so let's see if all Gold are gone within the next 4 days of play.
[quoted image]

And the pricing between the 3 tiers wasn’t as crazy as the numbers we’re reading on Pinside - “only” AUD$2k between each. Gold $13.5k, Plat $15.5k and $17.5k. Much more sensible approach and probably reflective of the distributors being conscious of the fact the difference between the 3 tiers is negligible. Plus being conscious of the fact that these prices in Australia may have officially jumped the shark on all tiers.

#2200 5 years ago

For anyone interested:

Beatlemania!! The Pinball Machine

- Availability
- Pricing
- General Features
- Game Features
- Song Modes
- Song Multiballs
- Song Length
- Coin Door information
- Production and Sales
- Code Status
- Physical Differences between Seawitch and Beatles Playfields
- BONUS: Will We Ever See Another Beatles Pinball Machine?

https://thisweekinpinball.com/beatlemania-pinball/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 45.00
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/44?hl=multiballmaniac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.