(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,729 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 58 votes
    9%
  • No! 529 votes
    81%
  • Maybe? 68 votes
    10%

(655 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 414 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg
Munsters 10 May 2019 (resized).JPG
10 May 2019 (resized).JPG
Cotton 42 days (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 6.58.06 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 11.50.49 AM (resized).png
Beatles Free Play Card.pdf (PDF preview)
Beatles Instruction Card.pdf (PDF preview)
E3FF3E00-1A30-49C7-8DBD-A3DDD713B361 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 8.39.13 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 5.39.45 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 4.06.42 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 10.57.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 2.44.58 PM (resized).png
IMG_1314 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1313 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3729 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 75.
#2101 6 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Agreed.
This was on The Beatles store so I assume that they were allotted more than most, but who knows?

I'm also a little surprised by the 10k price on the Diamond.

#2102 6 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't you already have a distributor that's regularly hooking you up with NIB Sterns at hundreds less than what everyone else reports paying for them? Why not give that guy your Beatles business?

asked for a price and no reply yet...

#2103 6 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't you already have a distributor that's regularly hooking you up with NIB Sterns at hundreds less than what everyone else reports paying for them? Why not give that guy your Beatles business?

That’s exactly what I did

#2104 6 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

That was fast.....Looks like the Diamond edition has already sold out.
[quoted image]

Checked the site. Interesting that all machines are priced the same at $10k. They still have the Platinums and Golds available at $10k.

#2105 6 months ago

Stern normally publishes feature matrix between all three models. So far it’s just feature sheet and photos of trim and artwork, maybe back glass on diamond?

#2106 6 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Stern normally publishes feature matrix between all three models. So far it’s just feature sheet and photos of trim and artwork, maybe back glass on diamond?

All the features are the same except cabinet art, armor and back glass

#2107 6 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

That was fast.....Looks like the Diamond edition has already sold out.

What's weird is all three are priced at 10k at The Beatles Store

#2108 6 months ago

In case you were curious about tax & shipping.

platinum (resized).jpg

#2110 6 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Mustangs outsold 911's in Germany in 2016, deal with it.

Your statements are not supported by your cites. The article cites ONE MONTH SALES - not '2016'

This is called 'half truths' - Yes the actual stat for one month car sales is true, but it doesn't mean what you are projecting it to mean. One month, between completely different segments... doesn't really mean jack shit.

#2112 6 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

He was emphatic about the coin door being included as was my distributor.

When they have answers that can go both ways.. it's best to change your question to one they can't slide around. Ask will it ship with coin MECHs Having a door, and having coin slots and mechs are different

#2113 6 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I thought that was Velma.

#2114 6 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When they have answers that can go both ways.. it's best to change your question to one they can't slide around. Ask will it ship with coin MECHs Having a door, and having coin slots and mechs are different

Good point, I will ask and report back!

#2116 6 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Gary yesterday is on the record saying the typical stern release is 3-4x as many built as this title. I take that with a grain of salt though,
I agree with you on spooky, not sure how many tna they are making but some of the stern pre/le are in pretty large numbers like ac/dc,Met,gb etc... and still going. If pinside is really only like 30% of the entire pinball community like so many of the pundits here repeatedly argue, that means there are probably 1500+ Metallica’s out there for example

TNA is going to be 5xx-ish.. they are stopping building to focus building ACNC.

The metallica number is way off. First, remember Stern runs batches that are in the several hundred... like 250-500. Metallica has been built (more on, than off) for over 5 years. Stern's best sellers are more like in that 5-7500 range. They won't say of course.. but 1500 is just warm ups for Stern.

#2117 6 months ago

So far, looks like pricing is Platinum at $10k (Beatles Store), the Gold at $8k (from other site) and the Diamond is still ?

If the distributors are really paying $70k for 1 Diamond, 2 Platinums and 7 Golds it seems like there is plenty of room to lower the prices and still make a lot of profit.

Of course, there's no reason to if games are moving at the higher prices.

#2118 6 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

So far, looks like pricing is Platinum at $10k (Beatles Store), the Gold at $8k (from other site) and the Diamond is still ?
If the distributors are really paying $70k for 1 Diamond, 2 Platinums and 7 Golds it seems like there is plenty of room to lower the prices and still make a lot of profit.
Of course, there's no reason to if games are moving at the higher prices.

Platinum and Diamond are sold out at The Beatles Store.

Did you pull the trigger on that Yancy? $10K seems fair for a platinum from what I've learned. I like the art package on the platinum even better than the gold.

#2119 6 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

TNA is going to be 5xx-ish.. they are stopping building to focus building ACNC.
The metallica number is way off. First, remember Stern runs batches that are in the several hundred... like 250-500. Metallica has been built (more on, than off) for over 5 years. Stern's best sellers are more like in that 5-7500 range. They won't say of course.. but 1500 is just warm ups for Stern.

I was saying 1500 premium/le not overall but it was in response to someone saying production numbers for the Beatles is the same as any premium/le stern ever built and I just don’t see it that way.

#2120 6 months ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Did you pull the trigger on that Yancy?

Nah, just curious what they charge for white glove shipping. Not a bad deal at $300 extra if it's truly "Stern Pinball technicians" like they claim. Seems like a money loser outside the Chicago area.

I assume they just hire whichever distributor is closest to your house.

#2121 6 months ago

LOL at the previous 2120 posts in this thread...

These things are going to sell out easier than the eggs I had for breakfast.

Ok, on to bitching about the Munsters and how much better it would have been if JJP or Deep Root made it...

#2122 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok, on to bitching about the Munsters and how much better it would have been if JJP or Deep Root made it...

If you want to see more that that same behavior, check out the Monster Bash(ing) threads.

#2123 6 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

If you want to see more that that same behavior, check out the Monster Bash(ing) threads.

When did that turn? I was at Expo, and the news around that game at that point was almost 100% positive......

#2124 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Somewhere around 900, I said that I was sure these would sell.... Just wasn't sure to who.....

#2125 6 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Some real-life pics to better capture what it looks like. Looks damn good to me[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No doubt it looks good, but the art style is dripping in sugar - Beatles glam! While everybody I know prefers relaxed, hippie Beatles who were all about love. Issue one raised by everybody - price is too damn high! Issue two - 9 song segments are not Beatles music.

I have a beef with the spinning disc. It looks great but doesn't perform a function. Set in front of drop targets, it does not stop or deflect the ball. It doesn't speed up with additional strikes. It should be repurposed to spin 33 1/3 rpm whenever a 2x multiplier is earned, 45 rpm when 3x and 78 rpm when 4x. At least it would have a visual purpose. If the magnet in center of disc catches and holds ball as a physical ball lock, that is cool. It would work well with the disc spinning at one of the three suggested speeds to launch the ball afterwards.

#2126 6 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

No doubt it looks good. The art style is dripping in sugar - Beatles glam! Everybody I know prefers relaxed or edgy Beatles. The one and only issue raised by everybody - price is too damn high!
I have beef with the spinning disc. It looks great but doesn't perform a function. Set in front of drop targets, it does not stop or deflect the ball the way a magnet may have. It doesn't speed up with additional strikes. It should be repurposed to spin 33 1/3 rpm whenever a 2x multiplier is earned, 45 rpm when 3x and 78 rpm when 4x.

Hard to tell in the photos but doesn’t the disc have an additional magnet in the center and what purpose do the slots serve?

#2127 6 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hard to tell in the photos but doesn’t the disc have an additional magnet in the center and what purpose do the slots serve?

Edit - features do list the disc as having a magnet as well. Any guesses on all the slots cut around the disc?

#2128 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Ordered mine . ..Gold.

But, but...this game isnt for Pinside!! Stern said so

#2129 6 months ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

This is so cute, and it gets funnier, wittier, and more incisive everytime someone types it!

The game isn't LIMITED to pinside, Stern said so. Which is why several hundred premium versions are sold already:

beat (resized).jpg
#2130 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Which is why several hundred premium versions are sold already:

People better get one now while supplies last, they are flying off the shelves!

Or, maybe the Beatles store started with one 10 pack.

#2131 6 months ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Not for Pinside and supposedly not for other pinball enthusiast either.. That leaves first time buyers who are unaware of pinball and Beatles fans. True to strategy, Stern released info on facebook, not directly on Pinside and they are not maintaining an official presence here. So why did Stern use their existing distributor model to sell their pins if the pins weren't for pinball fans? Quite puzzling

#2132 6 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Edit - features do list the disc as having a magnet as well. Any guesses on all the slots cut around the disc?

They are to let lights/flashers shine through.

#2133 6 months ago

http://www.pinballs.com

https://gameexchange.biz/products/beatles-beatlemania-pinball

https://www.gameroomguys.com/games/pinball?game-model=The-Beatles

Seems like $7999 is Gold price as all these guys have it all listed as this.

As for other editions.... how much do you wish to pay sir??

#2134 6 months ago

Why are KA-Pow products expensive? Simple, Gary AND Joe have to double the Mark-up on a game to appease both of them. It's greed boys and girls. This looks like a fantastic game but at these prices, I'm sorry but we are being taken advantaged of here. Why won't they bend us over? They raise prices all the time. If we didn't buy for two straight releases, guess who would have to drop prices DRASTICALLY just to stay afloat? Say whatever you want, it's the PRICE that has people mad not the game! Joe K saying " Whaddya think pinball should be a thousand dollars?" No Joe but you shouldn't rape people just because so few products come out and you think you can. Stern, give Levi a job, please!!!!! So he won't post fangirl letters anymore check him for disease from all the dick sucking too!

#2135 6 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

http://www.pinballs.com
https://gameexchange.biz/products/beatles-beatlemania-pinball
https://www.gameroomguys.com/games/pinball?game-model=The-Beatles
Seems like $7999 is Gold price as all these guys have it all listed as this.
As for other editions.... how much do you wish to pay sir??

Sgt Pepper's - Lucy in the sky with diamonds. This diamond is priced so high, once sold you can afford to throw the other 9 pinball machines away.
pasted_image (resized).png

#2136 6 months ago

With all this talk of ****, you guys REALLY did want a later era Beatles pin.

Brian Epstein could have his own combo mode

#2137 6 months ago

You want one?

You will always be able to pick one up later much cheaper

Wash, rinse and repeat

Same old story playing out

I get it, pinball people lack patience. Myself included

Distro still smiling and dialing me

#2138 6 months ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Why are KA-Pow products expensive?

Because they had to pay PROY (Paul, Ringo, Olivia, Yoko), Ed Sullivan's estate, Cousin Brucie, Vox amplifiers, Ludwig drums, whoever owns the Pan Am trademark, and possibly even Gretsch, Hofner & Rickenbacker guitars if those names are legible on the headstocks.

#2139 6 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Because they had to pay PROY (Paul, Ringo, Olivia, Yoko), Ed Sullivan's estate, Cousin Brucie, Vox amplifiers, Ludwig drums, whoever owns the Pan Am trademark, and possibly even Gretsch, Hofner & Rickenbacker guitars if those names are legible on the headstocks.

Bingo! At least they didn’t use a bunch of generic images of guitars, music equipment, memorabilia, tickets, airplanes etc... it’s all period correct and authentic.

Really has me wondering what the video content is that is supposed to be over the top good? Where’s the damn teaser video!

#2140 6 months ago

Man this is the most disappointing release day ever!

Virtually zero new information or anything new to bitch about. Fewer posts here than ever!

I think these early release parties are gonna be the new normal. Let Pinside have its meltdown and then get on with the actual business of selling the pinball machine two weeks later. Pretty smart strategy actually.

Once again, Stern is leading the way! Let's see if everybody else adopts this plan or sticks with the usual official announcement and then ship the game a year later model.

#2141 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man this is the most disappointing release day ever!
Virtually zero new information or anything new to bitch about. Fewer posts here than ever!
I think these early release parties are gonna be the new normal. Let Pinside have its meltdown and then get on with the actual business of pinball two weeks later. Pretty smart strategy actually.
Once again, Stern is leading the way! Let's see if everybody else adopts this plan or sticks with the usual official announcement and then ship the game a year later model.

I hope the 45 spinner is quieter than the spinner on JJP Pirates!

#2142 6 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Or, maybe the Beatles store started with one 10 pack.

Hmmmm....

Screenshot_20181106-163925 (resized).png
#2143 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sounds vaguely ominous -- egg shortage in NYC?

#2144 6 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sounds vaguely ominous -- egg shortage in NYC?

Over-easier!

#2145 6 months ago

Very nice 3 versions Beatlemania pinball.....umm I think I'll wait for Sgt. Pepper or Apple........or wait much longer for an ultimate wide-body 1962-1970 Beatles pin......

#2146 6 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

That had something to do with the overpriced batman? You guys are making excuses. I'm done. I hope you enjoy your product. Just don't delude yourself.

#2147 6 months ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

That had something to do with the overpriced batman? You guys are making excuses. I'm done. I hope you enjoy your product. Just don't delude yourself.

Isnt that what we are supposed to do with pinball machines? You know, enjoy them.

#2148 6 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

And opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one

if assholes could fly this place would be an airport

#2149 6 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:Let's get the discussion back on the Beatles Pinball and away from cars. Please take the car discussion to a new thread.

you can tell when a new pin sucks when the discussion turns to cars

#2150 6 months ago

Typical terrible stern marketing. No matrix. No solid pricing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 26.50
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Contact
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NY
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
10,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Upper Marlboro, MD
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 3729 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 75.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside