(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 76.
#1901 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not sure how you people want him to react. YOU make it personal. You troll these guys endlessly.
Look at your language. "struggling product" lol
Do you realize how dumb that looks? Every one of your posts about this is laced with nonsense like that.
Multiply it by about 100. You guys want a reaction. So you got one. And now THAT is an irritant?
Take Joe's advice. Lighten up.

Stern takes that crap non-stop on many fronts and their staff doesn't take it personally in interviews. Joe needs lessons, apparently, on how to handle it when the wind doesn't blow his way. If you're in his position, it happens. How you handle it is the important part. Every project can't be a home run.

#1902 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

World.
The Beatles were the first western Band to play at the Japanese Budokan.

And that was how many decades ago?

I asked how popular were they now. Today.

As in potential buyers today willing to pony up the cash for a Beatles pin.

#1903 5 years ago

Sorry for the multi-posts, they initially did not display.

#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Question- How popular is The Beatles overseas? I'd imagine some markets would have close to zero interest. Star Wars might have fairly equal appeal world wide for one example but The Beatles might only be a seller in the US and UK. And I'm guessing about the UK.
Where are the fans located is the million dollar question.

You need to travel more! The Beatles changed the world not just USA and UK. Check out these scenes when they arrived in Australia in 1964.

Unknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpegaad6479a8469fe4c2b56fe1ae495983a (resized).jpegaad6479a8469fe4c2b56fe1ae495983a (resized).jpegb30ba5794c3cdd00e4696680b1327166 (resized).jpgb30ba5794c3cdd00e4696680b1327166 (resized).jpgbd91ccab530571d4181c10f85c2bb041 (resized).jpegbd91ccab530571d4181c10f85c2bb041 (resized).jpegoz-beatles-crowd-10878886 (resized).jpgoz-beatles-crowd-10878886 (resized).jpg

#1905 5 years ago

Based on crowd pictures perhaps Stern should do a Bay City Rollers pin next.

100_4174 (resized).jpg100_4174 (resized).jpg
#1906 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

How popular are the Beatles today, not several decades ago.

Not at all popular. Last Pop Culture census report puts the number of Beatles fans worldwide at only 1,964.

Thankfully, they are all rich and buy all Beatles product, so I think Stern will be ok.

#1907 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

How popular are the Beatles today, not several decades ago.

If Stern is hoping for international sales, I'd be more worried about how popular pinball is worldwide than how popular the Beatles are worldwide. The Beatles have pinball safely beat by many orders of magnitude. And of the ten or so countries most represented on Pinside, all of them have large contingents of graying (whitening?) Beatles fans. Whether or not many of those legions of fans would buy a pinball machine is another question.

#1908 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If Stern is hoping for international sales, I'd be more worried about how popular pinball is worldwide than how popular the Beatles are worldwide. The Beatles have pinball safely beat by many orders of magnitude. And of the ten or so countries most represented on Pinside, all of them have large contingents of graying (whitening?) Beatles fans. Whether or not many of those legions of fans would buy a pinball machine is another question.

Thank you

#1909 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Well, I’m guessing you haven’t attended a Paul McCartney concert recently but for all intents and purposes 50% of his 35-40 song setlist are Beatles originals.

He sells out around the world and is always one of the top grossing tours whenever and wherever he goes. Tickets are very expensive as well. The Beatles are still relevant around the globe.

With what the fans pay for tickets and traveling to/from these shows all over the world I don’t think there will be an issue selling these machines granted they aren’t all pinheads.
You would also be surprised with the age demographic of these shows good mix of late 20’s on up.

#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Distributor I ordered with said these babies are rolling out in the US within 2 weeks. They have been ready for a little while.

Are you sure about that? That would be an incredible effort to produce and hide significant numbers of highly anticipated pinball machines.

I have a feeling Munsters will be produced before Beatles.

#1911 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Are you about that? That would be an incredible effort to produce and hide significant numbers of highly anticipated pinball machines.

With Beatles sales starting tomorrow, that seems a bit hard to do to me.

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Are you about that? That would be an incredible effort to produce and hide significant numbers of highly anticipated pinball machines.

I was told production has started I would have my machine before Thanksgiving.

That’s all I know and was told when I ordered.

#1913 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

With Beatles sales starting tomorrow, that seems a bit hard to do to me.

Distributors here already know what they are getting and have been taking orders and payments already.
It will be available via Beatles Store tomorrow is what I gather and will officially be published on Stern Distributor sites for sale.

#1914 5 years ago

Do not underestimate the demand for Beatles products. The White Album turntable for $1799.00 sold out in 10 minutes: https://thebeatlesstore.com/collections/white-album/products/white-album-turntable?variant=16304760914035

turntable_large beatles (resized).jpgturntable_large beatles (resized).jpg
#1915 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Do not underestimate the demand for Beatles products. The White Album turntable for $1799.00 sold out in 10 minutes: https://thebeatlesstore.com/collections/white-album/products/white-album-turntable?variant=16304760914035

To be fair, that turntable is $1599 in it's non-Beatle variant.

#1916 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Do not underestimate the demand for Beatles products. The White Album turntable for $1799.00 sold out in 10 minutes: https://thebeatlesstore.com/collections/white-album/products/white-album-turntable?variant=16304760914035[quoted image]

Plus, anyone can make room for a turntable they don't need. Pinball takes up a lot more space.

#1917 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

To be fair, that turntable is $1599 in it's non-Beatle variant.

Seawitch is $1599 in it's non-Beatle variant.

#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I was told production has started I would have my machine before Thanksgiving.
That’s all I know and was told when I ordered.

Production has started and is finished with your Beatle's pin. Congrats, you have a 1 of 1

It will be interesting to see what happens with the fan site. It doesn't appear to sell on any other band's website when offered but maybe crazy Beatle's collectors will want this?

#1919 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hype Hype, HYPE HYPE HYPE.
And people think I am a schill... lol... this guy actually makes money off the sale of these games. Pretty despicable that he only comes around here with this BS.

I'm not in the habit of standing up for Craig, so this is kind of odd I guess....but really? He didn't post very much (at least not in the 6 or 7 year I've known him?) on Pinside =before= he was involved with FUN. That hasn't changed. Everyone else from modders to distros are allowed to pimp their crap here, he's not any different. If you want to rail against all the constant ads, I'm all for that, but don't act like he's doing anything different other than having the balls to actually step into threads. Really, the only distros that semi-regularly post now, or in the past... GAP, Ovdfireman (I'm sure I spelled that wrong), um.....I had one other one floating on the top of my head but forgot the user name.. =\

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It doesn't appear to sell on any other band's website

Why would it be selling on any other band's website? Is Stern going to try and snag some Rolling Stones fans?

#1921 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Do not underestimate the demand for Beatles products. The White Album turntable for $1799.00 sold out in 10 minutes: https://thebeatlesstore.com/collections/white-album/products/white-album-turntable?variant=16304760914035[quoted image]

Yeah, but at least that one is able to play full Beatles songs... and more than 7 of them too

#1922 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

McCartneys web site shows past tour dates of 2016-17, where he played multi-nights at arenas in cities in New Zealand, Australia, Europe, Japan, North America and South America. I imagine that fans dropped $500+ for 2 nosebleed tix at those shows. If you're doing multi-nights in arenas, you're mega popular.

I love tribute albums. Check out 'Butchering the Beatles' (a heavy metal tribute). Here is a favorite track sung by John Bush from Anthrax / Armored Saint -

#1923 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

McCartneys web site shows past tour dates of 2016-17, where he played multi-nights at arenas in cities in New Zealand, Australia, Europe, Japan, North America and South America. I imagine that fans dropped $500+ for 2 nosebleed tix at those shows. If your doing multi-nights at arenas, you are mega popular.
I love tribute albums. Check out 'Butchering the Beatles' (a heavy metal tribute). Here is a favorite track sung by John Bush from Anthrax / Armored Saint -

Yep... and just kicked of his 2018/19 world tour in Asia. Still popular.

#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

McCartneys web site shows past tour dates of 2016-17, where he played multi-nights at arenas in cities in New Zealand, Australia, Europe, Japan, North America and South America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_on_One_(tour)

Lets go back to my original question- How popular is The Beatles outside of the US and UK?

44 play dates in the US, 27 outside the US and didn't play in the UK at all for this tour.

The only venue multi-night arena was Japan (4 nights, the winner at one location) The United States, Melbourne, Sydney, Argentina and Canada.

New York City area had eight at 4 locations within a stones throw of each other.

#1925 5 years ago

Has it really come to this? Someone trying to convince us “the Beatles aren’t popular?”

Holy Christ. Tomorrow can’t come soon enough!

#1926 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has it really come to this? Someone trying to convince us “the Beatles aren’t popular?”

Who are the Beatles again?

I get what Joe tried to do here and I applaud him for the effort. It was HIS vision.

The problem is that the PRICING just doesn't match up with the demand for a re skinned Sea Witch. Again, I get what he was going for but I doubt it will sell at those price points. It def won't to knowledgeable pinball people. Maybe the Beatles collector crowd?

What i know FOR SURE, is that distributors, who are calling, have to take these 10 packs, and IF Pinside was such BS and didn't matter then we would hear crickets and they would have just marketed to the rest of the world.

#1927 5 years ago

Beatles were big in 80’s with me and friends. We never went to their concerts, but their music was constantly on the radio and was everywhere, and we loved it. So I am interested in the Beatles theme. But the old Beatles show theme was before my time and offers no hook. I woulda liked a sgt peppers pinball with ramps and subways and magnets and cool stuff and awesomely good sound.

Can’t wait til tomorrow when we learn Stern’s pricing, model differences and availability.

#1928 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Beatles were big in 80’s with me and friends. We never went to their concert,

That's because their last concert was in 1966.....

#1929 5 years ago

Beatles show at the Mirage is AWESOME!

#1930 5 years ago

A Yellow Submarine theme woulda been so cool...

#1931 5 years ago

For those interested: as editor of Pinball magazine I interviewed Joe Kaminkow and Gary Stern on the new Beatles game. There may be some news in there (9th song added). You can listen to both interview in a special podcast: http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/joe-kaminkow-and-gary-stern-discuss-the-beatles-pinball_136781

#1932 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Try and keep it in perspective.

Kanye West in just 2016 had 60 tour dates compared to Paul (2016-2017) and was cut short due to medical issues.

Coldplay had 122 massive concerts 2016-2017

Is there enough Beatles fans who are also pinball fans and willing to pop 7.5k to 10k for a pin.

It is a simple question.

The Beatles WERE popular. Are they still popular enough to move 1964 pins at those prices is the question.

Hell my first album was Stg. Pepper; doesn't mean I'm jonesing to buy.

As I already have stated, I wish Stern luck in this endeavor.

#1933 5 years ago

Well surprised as it may seem I sold our Diamond today for an undisclosed amount. Let’s just say it’s inline For the amount that has been discussed and we’ll leave it at that. I’ve had several inquired for the title and have 2 golds sold as well. These games have not sold to Pinball collectors, but to Beatles fans that have been trying to source the pinball.
As to why the game isn’t on anyone’s website or Kapows, simply...it’s not Nov 6th yet.
I had a teaser listing for all three models on our site that was originally ok from Stern but was later asked to be pulled as well due to license agreement. Games will be listed online tomorrow from most all retailers as well I’m sure on Stern & Kapow as well.
I’m looking forward to playing it as well as I’m a huge Beatles fan. I took my wife to see the awesome Beatles tribute RAIN this past spring. It was an amazing show and I highly recommend it if you are a Beatles fan. The Beatles were before my time, so it was great to experience a band that I would have never been able to. Big day tomorrow.

08437141-4DAB-4A8E-92F8-7DA8162D03BE (resized).jpeg08437141-4DAB-4A8E-92F8-7DA8162D03BE (resized).jpeg1A6E2C59-40B1-4022-9E89-C5F818E92151 (resized).jpeg1A6E2C59-40B1-4022-9E89-C5F818E92151 (resized).jpeg29330461-0401-4A58-A673-551C3EC8A26E (resized).jpeg29330461-0401-4A58-A673-551C3EC8A26E (resized).jpeg2E0595D9-E4AD-434C-8222-2300ED3FE076 (resized).jpeg2E0595D9-E4AD-434C-8222-2300ED3FE076 (resized).jpegBA941191-C7FF-46B9-B620-5D843949C32F (resized).jpegBA941191-C7FF-46B9-B620-5D843949C32F (resized).jpeg
#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Beatles were big in 80’s with me and friends. We never went to their concerts, but their music was constantly on the radio and was everywhere, and we loved it.

Local station use to have Breakfast with the Beatles every weekend, it went off the air around here at least 20 years ago and we are a stones throw from NYC.

And yes a Yellow Submarine theme pin would have been cooler, my kids will never forgive me for having them watch it.

#1935 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

^^ this is the kind of enthusiasm that should have come from us after seeing the Beatles pin. Instead interest from Pinsiders has fluctuated from ice cold to luke warm. Something must be off.

#1936 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Local station use to have Breakfast with the Beatles every weekend, it went off the air around here at least 20 years ago and we are a stones throw from NYC.
And yes a Yellow Submarine theme pin would have been cooler, my kids will never forgive me for having them watch it.

Stop saying “stones throw” in a Beatles thread!!!!

Also you realize paul is a Very old, very rich man, and books shows for when and where he wants to play, right?

Paul Fuckin’ McCartney could book 365 nights a year if he wanted to. Comparing him to touring acts half his age and half as famous is as silly as saying the Beatles aren’t still popular.

Like you say, try to keep it in perspective.

#1937 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Try and keep it in perspective.
Kanye West in just 2016 had 60 tour dates compared to Paul (2016-2017) and was cut short due to medical issues.
Coldplay had 122 massive concerts 2016-2017
Is there enough Beatles fans who are also pinball fans and willing to pop 7.5k to 10k for a pin.
It is a simple question.
The Beatles WERE popular. Are they still popular enough to move 1964 pins at those prices is the question.
Hell my first album was Stg. Pepper; doesn't mean I'm jonesing to buy.
As I already have stated, I wish Stern luck in this endeavor.

Did you ever stop to think that Paul is old and doesn't want to tour that much. He sells out as much as he wants for stupid prices.

#1938 5 years ago

Speaking of tribute bands I saw the fab faux in ft. Lauderdale once and they are a must see.

Also found these guys who do the lookalike tribute. Pretty impressive:

#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The Beatles WERE popular. Are they still popular enough...

You can ask that question with about any license, like... with Munsters. A b/w TV Show that ran for two Seasons 100 Years ago. Mustang, a car about noone outside the US has or even know about. Willy Wonka wich I never even heard of before because it's an US thing only. BUT NOT with someone who holds multiple world records in the industry.

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What i know FOR SURE, is that distributors, who are calling, have to take these 10 packs, and IF Pinside was such BS and didn't matter then we would hear crickets and they would have just marketed to the rest of the world.

One thing I don't understand, if the games aren't really directed at pinball fans like us and the normal pinball distributors have to buy 10 packs, who do they sell them to if the main way the target market (non-pinball Beatles fans) hear about the game is through the Beatles' store?

#1941 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

One thing I don't understand, if the games aren't really directed at pinball fans like us and the normal pinball distributors have to buy 10 packs, who do they sell them to if the main way the target market (non-pinball Beatles fans) hear about the game is through the Beatles' store?

They dont have to buy 10 packs. That it just the only way they can get platinum and diamond ones. They can buy none, golds 1 at a time, or 10.

#1942 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You can ask that question with about any license, like... with Munsters. A b/w TV Show that ran for two Seasons 100 Years ago. Mustang, a car about noone outside the US has or even know about. Willy Wonka wich I never even heard of before because it's an US thing only. BUT NOT with someone who holds multiple world records in the industry.

Your kidding right? Mustang are WILDLY popular cars, Ford has had them in continuous production since 1964.

You can actually buy brand new reproduction 1960's body shells

https://www.cjponyparts.com/mustang-body-shells-frame-assemblies/c/60020480/?msclkid=e302af15ba8913f55853f4f55c6f7d80&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Sheet%20Metal&utm_term=new%20mustang%20body%20shell&utm_content=Mustang%20Body%20Shells

Matter of fact if you wanted too, you could build a brand new 1968 Mustang without a single used part if so inclined.

#1943 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

One thing I don't understand, if the games aren't meant for pinball fans and the normal pinball distributors have to buy 10 packs, who do they sell them to if the main way the target market (non-pinball Beatles fans) hear about the game is through the Beatles store?

ABC News Radio, Beatles forums, Price Is Right, AARP Podcast, John Lennon's 80th birthday party, any of the 500 Beatles conventions

#1944 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Your kidding right? Mustang are WILDLY popular cars, Ford has had them in continuous production since 1964.
You can actually buy brand new reproduction 1960's body shells
https://www.cjponyparts.com/mustang-body-shells-frame-assemblies/c/60020480/?msclkid=e302af15ba8913f55853f4f55c6f7d80&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Sheet%20Metal&utm_term=new%20mustang%20body%20shell&utm_content=Mustang%20Body%20Shells
Matter of fact if you wanted too, you could build a brand new 1968 Mustang without a single used part if so inclined.

No. You can't read.

Noone (aka very little) outside the US care or knows because until recently the Mustang wasn't even sold outside the US.

Thats why the pin bombed, at least here.

#1945 5 years ago

Been to a couple of live concerts in around 2002 with an original tribute band called "The Fab Four"......it was amazing.
5405c1d85c099_preview-620 (resized).jpg5405c1d85c099_preview-620 (resized).jpg

#1946 5 years ago

London calling, now don't look to us
Phony Beatlemania, has bitten the dust....

#1947 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

True!!! I've seen "Love" twice now....one of Cirque's best, imho.....

No denying the Band and it's music helped shape a generation. Their songwriting inspired me to "sing for my supper" from the mid 70's to early 80's, as they were still (and always will be) relevant to a large degree.

Doesn't mean I'd buy the pin, but can't dispute the band.......

#1948 5 years ago

I kind of feel like Stern missed the boat on this one!

A 12 pack is just natural and right. Throw a couple of more Diamonds in the box.

#1949 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Roald Dahl who wrote Charlie and the chocolate factory (what will Wonka is based on) is British. Cant just be a US thing. All of his books are super popular and a bunch were made into movies.

#1950 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Roald Dahl who wrote Charlie and the chocolate factory (what will Wonka is based on) is British. Cant just be a US thing. All of his books are super popular and a bunch were made into movies.

Looked that up.

That 70s movie was filmed in germany (?!?), highly popular in the english speaking countrys that a german version of that movie you love (german version was highly different/ cut and flopped) came out in *drumroll* 2006. WTF?!

(Is that even after the Remake from Tim Burton?)

Ok, I'm excused.

It's an US and UK thing then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/39?hl=jester523 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.