(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 76.
#1801 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You know good and well that stern doesn't advertise that publicly.

Convenient for you argument.

Have a great weekend!

#1802 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You know good and well that stern doesn't advertise that publicly. All of the distro's know exactly what it is. Ask any of them what stern set the floor at on a game and they will tell you. Floor on GOTG was $5400, $5500 for IMDN, $5600 for DP. Seems like AS was the first game when stern really started pushing this but I may be off a release. Unless you are a new customer or are just foolish all of us are pretty much paying the exact same price. Sure some people that buy every release from the same distro may get a favor here or there but it's pretty much the same all across the board. It's not very hard to figure out that it's because stern is trying to control the distro's from under cutting each other, but stern tries to control everything the distros do.

you need a new distributor and need to negotiate more! ESP if you have been buying all these games!!!!

#1803 5 years ago

Gold art package looks the best to me, except for the... gold.

#1804 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Well one disti did say that the MAP for the Gold edition is $7995, so not all BS as far as that goes.

I'm waiting for what Stern says. From the horse's mouth, so to speak. The rest all falls into press release category, IMO.

#1805 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You know good and well that stern doesn't advertise that publicly. All of the distro's know exactly what it is. Ask any of them what stern set the floor at on a game and they will tell you. Floor on GOTG was $5400, $5500 for IMDN, $5600 for DP. Seems like AS was the first game when stern really started pushing this but I may be off a release. Unless you are a new customer or are just foolish all of us are pretty much paying the exact same price. Sure some people that buy every release from the same distro may get a favor here or there but it's pretty much the same all across the board. It's not very hard to figure out that it's because stern is trying to control the distro's from under cutting each other, but stern tries to control everything the distros do.

Right, and on the other hand if Sinestro and others are actually getting games for less than whatever Stern's price floor is, that's good info to have for people buying NIB.

Quoted from Whysnow:

you need a new distributor and need to negotiate more! ESP if you have been buying all these games!!!!

So far the only person I've seen claim to have actually pulled this off is @whysnow. Anyone considering a NIB purchase should probably shoot him a PM to get a list of distributors he advises working with.

#1806 5 years ago

Let me sum up my perspective and probably others.

1) love the Beatles but more so the rock stuff whatever is gritty or experimental not that much the bubblegum pop stuff. I realize that the early stuff was great as well but not something I’m jacked up about.

2) the old recycled design is meh. I’m not one to buy anything that old fashioned, I did buy TNA so maybe I could appreciate the gameplay but likely not my type of pin. I didn't bother with WNBJM and such because I thought they’d be fun for $4K ish but certainly not full pro price or more.

3)the Beatles pin would interest me at $4K maybe $4400 but not really like I’m a Beatles super fan so I’m not paying a ‘Beatles tax’ to get the theme.

3b) I would probably buy one at $4K but I’m not that into it and I’d rather get an Avatar or WH2o or RBION for anything close to $4K. Basically $7k plus is insane to me for a pro game.

4) If there was a Pinside ‘group buy’ where I could get one for $7200 with a 30% chance of getting a Diamond or Platinum, I wouldn’t do it because I’m not that interested.

5) MB remake and TNA starts at $6K and imo are better c

#1807 5 years ago

My spidey sense is tingling and that tells me something is up at Stern. There has been plenty of public discourse on pricing and my bet is Stern has reconsidered and will be changing their policy on Beatles from a week ago. On Tues, expect them to set MSRP on all models at 7.6k / 8.8k / 10k. This will establish price levels that are reasonable and alleviate bad feelings from price gouging, while keeping their pin under $10k, as claimed by Joe K.

Stern will still require a 10 game block purchase in order to receive 2 platinum and 1 diamond editions. Buy 10 pins for $70k and sell them for $80k. $1k per pin is good margin for a distributor, but chances of them being stuck with golds in the warehouse, collecting dust remains high. These margins seem too low for the risk of this bulk purchase model.

Continue expecting Beatles to be the same pin for all models except for artwork and trim. With all three packages being similar, why buy anything other than gold? This is a missed opportunity by Stern. There should be visible differences and upgrades to differentiate models. With four days to go, pricing details could still evolve, but Stern will define pricing and show us their final pins at reveal.

These refinements are a good idea, as they increase Stern’s chances of selling pins and eliminate unknowns for distributors. They also introduce a unique problem. Let’s say sales are luke warm and 1000 games are bulk sold to distributors. That is 100 units of 10 games - 100 diamonds plus 200 platinum plus 700 gold. It would leave unmanufactured 50 platinum plus 914 gold. If there are no more orders, there are no more made. What if all 1964 games sold in 196 full pallets plus one misc pallet of 4 games. But wait ... 196 people can’t get a diamond edition if only 100 diamonds are being made. Likewise 392 people can’t get a platinum edition if only 200 are being made, right?

The dirty little secret of this bulk buy model is that Stern only plans to make/sell 1000 pins and then call it quits. Sad that they won’t be making 1964, but that was just marketing gimmick. At 50 pins a day this might take Stern one month to run. If The games were cheaper they could have sold these out quickly and been able to make one run. Current plan may start off slowly.

Remember our pricing above? Stern will be making 1000 pins - grossing 100 pallets x $70k = $7M. On a unit basis a game may cost Stern $2.5k to manufacture plus $2.5k for engineering / procurement / support / marketing / OH & Profit = $5k per game or $5M. Licensing cost of $1M and Kaminkow fee of $1M if all goes well = $UCCE$$

#1808 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also the things that they loved.
He was a monster!

Man he was mean, but he's changing his scene.

#1809 5 years ago

No topper on "Diamond" edition?? ..........oh come on!!

#1810 5 years ago

Sources tell me their will be a topper whether included or accessory purchase remains to be seen.

#1811 5 years ago
Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

Quoted from Psw757:

Sources tell me their will be a topper whether included or accessory purchase remains to be seen.

Bobble head topper offered as accessory purchase for $899

#1812 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There is so much Beatles garbage that people can clop on top of their games, why limit yourself to Stern toppers?

beatlesbeanbearset (resized).jpgbeatlesbeanbearset (resized).jpglego-beatles1 (resized).jpglego-beatles1 (resized).jpgmug020015b771ef104f8b_720x600 (resized).jpgmug020015b771ef104f8b_720x600 (resized).jpg
#1813 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Let me sum up my perspective and probably others.

#1814 5 years ago

This would be my topper choice. I was going to do this to my Beat Time...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1815 5 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

[quoted image]

This is even uglier:

Beatles-Ringo-Starr-Bubble-Bath-Doll-Colgate-1965 (resized).jpgBeatles-Ringo-Starr-Bubble-Bath-Doll-Colgate-1965 (resized).jpg
#1816 5 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

[quoted image]

Add a few LED's and charge $500 for it, done, lol.

#1817 5 years ago

I work in a building full of older people, I just don't see a pin like this being of interest to them. The window for the generation that grew up with the Beatles and having that much disposable income.. has shrunk pretty hard in the last few years.

Guess we will find out when the pin is released how well the sales are. Personally I played Seawitch several months ago and it was fun, I'd rather see it re-released at some modest price point and buy that over the Beatles offering...

#1818 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I work in a building full of older people, I just don't see a pin like this being of interest to them. The window for the generation that grew up with the Beatles and having that much disposable income.. has shrunk pretty hard in the last few years.
Guess we will find out when the pin is released how well the sales are. Personally I played Seawitch several months ago and it was fun, I'd rather see it re-released at some modest price point and buy that over the Beatles offering...

Interest in Beatles pinball s highly correlated to pricing. See my edited post above for the economics but all things aside, if Stern announced golds were $5k and platinum $7.5k and diamond $10k, they would have sold out 1964 pins much faster than with the current pricing model where gold starts at $7.6k. That is too damn much! I don’t think Stern likes that model anyways. Much better to have a higher MSRP and only make 1000. but worse for buyers!!

#1819 5 years ago

if this exact pin came out when LOTR came out, I wonder what its cost would be?

several thousand more than LOTR? same? Less?

#1820 5 years ago

A friend of mine is in the target market for this game (unlike any of us here). He has disposable cash, around 60 years old, likes tech stuff, never even thought about buying a new pinball machine in his life, has worked in the music industry and loves retro stuff. He saw the promo video for the Beatles pin linked on some music website and was immediately 100% sold. He called out of the blue the other day to ask where to get one. I gave him the names of a couple of pinball sellers and the only question now is which trim level to get and which of his two houses to send it to. Actually two questions, he mentioned that the BM66 looks bad ass too. Maybe a Beatles for one house and BM66 for the other?

#1821 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

if this exact pin came out when LOTR came out, I wonder what its cost would be?
several thousand more than LOTR? same? Less?

$3600

#1822 5 years ago

Could Stern be whipping people up into a frenzy over a rumored high price, then announce a lower one and look like heroes as you all line up to buy a game that looks like a teenage girl's Trapper Keeper?

#1823 5 years ago

Stern announcing a lower price now would cause even more chaos. It would further infuriate distributors who took the risk on the 10 pack, make people who already paid more than the new price feel like fools and the distributors are only charging crazy prices for diamond and platinums because that's where they interpret the secondary market to be. Distros aren't asking 25K for diamonds because they think the game is worth that but they don't want to sell one for 10 just to watch it get flipped on ebay for 30.

If stern wanted to lower the price they shouldn't have built so few. It's that simple. Whether the distributor gets paid 10 or 25 will make little difference to the secondary market.

#1824 5 years ago

Got a second call from my favorite Distro wanting to discuss Platinum and Diamond.

Call him back and he's gone for the day. Let's see what Monday has to offer.

#1825 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Got a second call from my favorite Distro wanting to discuss Platinum and Diamond.

Are you getting 1 or 2, that is the main question that they need an answer to.

#1826 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Are you getting 1 or 2, that is the main question that they need an answer to.

I'm saving them all for you JG. And Crazy because i know he wants one too!

#1827 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would think a gentleman of your caliber would have your distro’s cell number stored in your phone.

#1828 5 years ago

You think Stern will do the right thing and do a late Beatles or a S. Pepper/other album in a year or two? No way we will ever know ahead of time but we might luck out someday.

#1829 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I sort of think like you do but the problem is that if Stern issued a pin at some modest price point then we would continue to expect it for the next one. And the next one and..............

It is kind of like why we are all a bunch of fat f**cks. McDonalds wants to "supersize me" so it can get deeper into my pockets. But I need an "undersize me" size, however, McDonalds can't live on that small money. Yeah, yeah, I know about the dollar menu but you get my point.

#1830 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Gold art package looks the best to me, except for the... gold.

100000% Agree!!!

At least make it less dark?

It just don't do well with the mint green in my opinion.

#1831 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

You think Stern will do the right thing and do a late Beatles or a S. Pepper/other album in a year or two? No way we will ever know ahead of time but we might luck out someday.

Nope!

#1832 5 years ago

Is it Nov 6th yet?

#1833 5 years ago

IF ........i was going to buy a Beatles it would be from ASOA

I'm not getting Beatles but many more NIB's coming

#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I sort of think like you do but the problem is that if Stern issued a pin at some modest price point then we would continue to expect it for the next one. And the next one and..............

I would not expect that for the simple reason Seawitch is by modern standards a simple pin hence no fancy gizmos, ramps, toys, lcd display etc.

Hell, they don't even have to pay for a license. Most of the hardware is off the shelf stuff.

I'm sure it would be easy to program in some new modes and you could switch back and forth between the "classic programming" and the new stuff.

#1835 5 years ago

I was told prices are starting from 10k us,
is that wright?

#1836 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont, but Pinside is obviously a very good indicator.

Completely disagree. Pinside is only about 30% of typical LE buyers and much less on the pro side at about 20%. For Beatles I bet it is even less.

#1837 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Completely disagree. Pinside is only about 30% of typical LE buyers and much less on the pro side at about 20%. For Beatles I bet it is even less.

Dude, he said it was “obvious.” That alone should make you reconsider.

#1838 5 years ago

I imagine that stat is closer to the truth.
My pal in military is not on Pinside and will hit a show or read fb when he can. At times he will make a deposit and ship one home to play when he returns.
He certainly doesn’t consult me or a poll.

#1839 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Is it Nov 6th yet?

Sorry, you missed it

(I'm suppressing your vote)

#1840 5 years ago
Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

Maybe this.

#1841 5 years ago

So much clueless *** in this thread.

Usually I scoff when people get their panties in a bunch about how *** Pinside has become. Not this time.

#1842 5 years ago

Pretty sad that this supposedly ships next week and there's ZERO information about it on Kapow's website. Hasn't been updated for 2 years.

http://www.kapowpinball.com/home.html

Premium prices demand premium promotion (ask Supreme). This is not in the same universe.

#1843 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sad that this supposedly ships next week and there's ZERO information about it on Kapow's website. Hasn't been updated for 2 years.
http://www.kapowpinball.com/home.html
Premium prices demand premium promotion (ask Supreme). This is not in the same universe.

Not sure why anybody would care about this.

Is Kapow's web site a popular source for pinball news and information? I didn't even think to wonder if Kapow had a web site.

Anybody interested in this product will be going to Stern or the Beatles.

People have plenty of legit things to question or criticize about this release but I think this might fall under the jurisdiction of “trying to hard too find things to complain about.”

#1844 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure why anybody would care about this.
Is Kapow's web site a popular source for pinball news and information? I didn't even think to wonder if Kapow had a web site.
Anybody interested in this product will be going to Stern or the Beatles.
People have plenty of legit things to question or criticize about this release but I think this falls under the jurisdiction of “trying to hard to find things to complain about.”

It's just weird that supposedly the official website of the company that's the REASON for the inflated Stern pricing on the Beatles hasn't bothered to update any of the information on their site for 2 years. It wasn't very hard. I remembered it from the BM'66 con.

#1845 5 years ago

Weird or not I doubt anybody besides you cares or even noticed.

Man the official release of this thing can’t come soon enough.

I wish more companies were releasing more games more often so we’d have more to talk about and less downtime.

#1846 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Weird or not I doubt anybody besides you cares or even noticed.
Man the official release of this thing can’t come soon enough.
I wish more companies were releasing more games more often so we’d have more to talk about and less downtime.

I think many have run out of made up things to complain about so their hunting for New misinformation. Lol

#1847 5 years ago

Pinball News has a decent write up on the machine.

#1848 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pinball News has a decent write up on the machine.

And yet on KaPow.com or whatever...nothing! It’s so sad!!!!

For some reason.

#1849 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And yet on KaPow.com or whatever...nothing! It’s so sad!!!!
For some reason.

Lol! My sentiments are buy it or don’t buy it, who gives a shit already? I’m buying one.

Someone needs to start the club thread already so we can have substantive discussion.

#1850 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Lol! My sentiments are buy it or don’t buy it, who gives a shit already? I’m buying one.
Someone needs to start the club thread already so we can have substantive discussion.

All in favor of Psw757 starting the Beatlemania Pinball club thread?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.