(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 76.
#1751 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I think the color scheme on the cab is just hideous, and way too busy. To each their own. But if you zoom on the PF, there is a spectacular guest appearance!
I’d suspect that some of these will hit the secondary market with less than 600 plays as well.
[quoted image]

Remember the movie "I Come In Peace". That spinning record is perfect. Make sure you catch it with the speaker magnet.

#1752 5 years ago

#1753 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

This will be the first bomb from the Beatles.
I don’t get it. Did Whoa Nellie really sell like gangbusters for Stern?
Nobody wants a $10,000 EM game.

What EM game are you speaking of? Seawitch is an early SS pin.

#1754 5 years ago

I like the Gold, I think I’m taking the plunge!

#1755 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm telling you guys, the Beatles are going to completely sell out

looks like they are about 5% of the way to sell out???

Sell out (resized).JPGSell out (resized).JPG
#1756 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I like the Gold, I think I’m taking the plunge!

Why not hold off buying that gold and join a pool of 9 others to buy a lot of 10 games? Seems like a fun and easy way to buy a game and maybe get a free model upgrade. If you are spending the money, do it wisely.

#1757 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So is Joe K saying that these will all be selling below $10k? Read that somewhere.

That's from the reviewjournal article. It specifically says:

"The machines will sell for less than $10,000, Kaminkov said, declining to provide specifics."

I took that to mean "you'll be able to get one for less than 10k", meaning the cheap one would be less than 10K - not really talking about the other 2 editions. But I could be wrong.

#1758 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Why not hold off buying that gold and join a pool of 9 others to buy a lot of 10 games? Seems like a fun and easy way to buy a game and maybe get a free model upgrade. If you are spending the money, do it wisely.

Well I’d be interested in that, do you know of 9 others that are interested? I sure as hell don’t. I like your idea though.

#1759 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

"The machines will sell for less than $10,000, Kaminkov said, declining to provide specifics."
I took that to mean "you'll be able to get one for less than 10k", meaning the cheap one would be less than 10K - not really talking about the other 2 editions. But I could be wrong.

Well if Stern sells blocks of ten games for $70k, then all are less than $10k for the initial sale. Golds have a minimum price of 7.6k and most distributors are planning to mark them within a few hundred of this number. Since distributors will be establishing resell pricing of the two top models, that is beyond KaPow’s control.

#1760 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well I’d be interested in that, do you know of 9 others that are interested? I sure as hell don’t. I like your idea though.

Start a signup list thread maybe. There are 36 people voting yes they will buy one, Shirley that may fill out the first lottery. By starting a thread to solicit names or private pm’s, you may wrangle enough domestic orders. This approach may have tax / importing complications for overseas sales. Good luck.

#1761 5 years ago

There seems to be confusion b/w minimum advertised price (“MAP”) and minimum retail price (i.e. you can’t sell below $X if you want to keep distributing our goods). Both practices were once illegal price fixing, both now totally legal (at least under federal law) today:

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/dealings-supply-chain/manufacturer-imposed

From the posts here, it sounds like Stern either has both MAP and MRP and people are just negotiating down from MAP, or Stern has a firm MRP policy but some distributors are willing to flaunt it. Which is also legal, they just cannot complain if Stern stops doing business with them as a result.

#1762 5 years ago

Start a signup list thread maybe? There were 30 people voting yes they will buy one, surely that may fill out the first lottery. By starting a thread to solicit names, you may wrangle enough domestic orders. This approach may have tax / importing complications for overseas sales. Good luck.

Only issue I see with this is wouldn’t one of the ten need to be a distro or have a tie to a distro who would be willing to acquire the lot on behalf of the 10?

#1763 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Only issue I see with this is wouldn’t one of the ten need to be a distro or have a tie to a distro who would be willing to acquire the lot on behalf of the 10?

Yes that’s the step you have to figure out. One approach is talk to Stern about a direct purchase or in becoming a distributor yourself. Stern is motivated to sell you a block of games.

Another approach is to solicit a distributor to make the purchase and offer them $1k-$2k. That adds 100-200 to price for everyone. Worst case is distributor demands $6k, so that each pin would sell for $7.6k. But you’d still enjoy the 30% chance of winning a free model upgrade. Side benefits include making 9 new friends on Pinside and becoming part of Pinside folklore. If you streamed the lottery part and showed who won the upgraded pins, we’d watch and cheer from around the world.

Step one is collecting names of real buyers - those who have the money and are ready to part with it. That is simple to start with a post, but may take the most time. Since no money is changing hands until the plan is hashed out, odds are high that someone in the group can broker the buy (should you welcome the assist). Don’t worry about having all the answers or the deal unraveling, someone in your team can figure it out.

#1764 5 years ago

Shirley that may fill out the first lottery

Shirley? Thanks for giving me the best morning laugh I have had in a long time

#1765 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

looks like they are about 5% of the way to sell out???[quoted image]

If you believe that the entire world of pinball votes in a poll on Pinside, then your math is correct.

#1766 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Some Stern distros seem to operate out of their garage, so it's not like Stern checks if you have a commercial storefront

I know of a pinball club that is a distro for their members. Does Stern know? Probably.

Form a DBA for $25, get everyone's cash from your league, figure out any speedbumps for your local, order a block of Beatles pins + some Iron Maidens.

Opportunity favors the clever.

#1767 5 years ago

Shirley that may fill out the first lottery.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Shirley? Thanks for giving me the best morning laugh I have had in a long time

I’d rather have an Airplane pin.

92B1F7FD-4F17-4416-919D-2BA986232E35 (resized).jpeg92B1F7FD-4F17-4416-919D-2BA986232E35 (resized).jpeg

#1768 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you believe that the entire world of pinball votes in a poll on Pinside, then your math is correct.

I dont, but Pinside is obviously a very good indicator.

#1769 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

This will be the first bomb from the Beatles.
I don’t get it. Did Whoa Nellie really sell like gangbusters for Stern?
Nobody wants a $10,000 EM game.

That's my thought. You have to be a huge fan of the Beatles, like retro more simple pins, and have very deep pockets. It's a very niche segment in an already niche industry. If Stern can sell every one of these then good on them. I will be impressed if they do and even more impressed if these start trading hands for even more money.

#1770 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It's not. The entire premise of Vid's - and others' argument - is that there's an entire market out there beyond Pinside. That's been said for what seems like weeks now.

Obviously, if you don't agree with that premise, you'll say it's obvious that the pinside list is the only obvious indicator.

but obviously, others will disagree with you.

Obviously, we are all going to have to wait and see.

#1771 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If the polls were accurate, we would have had a different Prez.

#1772 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That’s the right way to take it.

Remember he is pitching... not educating. Must always consider what they say that is open ended... verse definitive

#1773 5 years ago

Several people have said they like the pin but not at the price points being talked about. But AFAIK, every price I have read on here is BS (feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

So, what happens if the cheaper Gold edition comes in at a price that is below what is being floated around here? Will there be a stampede to buy? My experience is that those who bitch the loudest about how overpriced a product is are the ones who want it the most and can't afford it.

Let me add this thought while everybody is whining about the price (supposed price). Prices can always be lowered and rebates offered to the early buyers for compensation. But if a company hits the market with a price that is too low, it will be flooded with demand it cannot keep up with. People will be whining about how the company should have known it was not producing enough product to satisfy demand (witness Coleco and the Cabbage Patch Kids in the 80s).

#1774 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Several people have said they like the pin but not at the price points being talked about. But AFAIK, every price I have read on here is BS (feel free to correct me if I am wrong).
So, what happens if the cheaper Gold edition comes in at a price that is below what is being floated around here? Will there be a stampede to buy? My experience is that those who bitch the loudest about how overpriced a product is are the ones who want it the most and can't afford it.
Let me add this thought while everybody is whining about the price (supposed price). Prices can always be lowered and rebates offered to the early buyers for compensation.

I was surprised to see Batman 66 Premium is going for $7600. Was that always the street price? For some reason I thought it was initially around $8500.

#1775 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If the polls were accurate, we would have had a different Prez.

No? I know exactly where I was on 11-8-16. I chased a pin in El Paso and stopped in some one-horse town in New Mexico and got a room for the night. I like to go to sleep with the T.V. on. When I nodded off Hillary was slated to win. When I woke up early the next morning it was a complete upset.

You may not like what I said but that don't make it not so.

#1776 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It's a terrible indicator.

People who don't even play pinball, but collect Beatles crap are going to buy it

Senior centers are going to buy it (not surprisingly 2 of the WOF I service are in senior living centers).

Out of my 100s of regular pinball clients, maybe 3 regularly look at pinside (and probably don't have an account to vote).

-

If you have a hard time thinking outside of your box, consider this:

MILLIONS of people own Ford Mustangs, yet only 33,000 belong to the Mustang forum.

#1777 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's a terrible indicator.
People who don't even play pinball, but collect Beatles crap are going to buy it
Senior centers are going to buy it (not surprisingly 2 of the WOF I service are in senior living centers).
Out of my 100s of regular pinball clients, maybe 3 regularly look at pinside (and probably don't have an account to vote).
-
If you have a hard time thinking outside of your box, consider this:
MILLIONS of people own Ford Mustangs, yet only 33,000 belong to the Mustang forum.

I don't understand why people think polls and pinside lists are an "obvious" indicator of anything, besides what people who participate in polls and lists on pinside are doing or want people to think they are doing.

I would guess the majority of registered pinsiders participate in neither (I don't), and beyond that, all of the stuff Vid said.

#1778 5 years ago

While I'd love to have one of these machines, no chance I'll get even the lowest model NIB. I wonder how the used market will be down the road?

#1779 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

While I'd love to have one of these machines, no chance I'll get even the lowest model NIB. I wonder how the used market will be down the road?

Keep an eye on Estate Sales.

It won't be long, yeah yeah yeah yeah, it won't be long whoooooo

#1780 5 years ago

I Want You (She’s So Heavy) is still an awesome riff for that time period...deep and grungy. That song had better be in the game.

#1781 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That song had better be in the game.

It's not.

#1782 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I Want You (She’s So Heavy) is still an awesome riff for that time period...deep and grungy. That song had better be in the game.

Great song but wouldn't fit the era they are pushing with this game. Even Drive My Car is kind of anachronistic to be in this game.

#1783 5 years ago

Looking at the photos of all trim levels going around, the platinum will have different translite art than the diamond from what I’m hearing.

#1784 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Great song but wouldn't fit the era they are pushing with this game. Even Drive My Car is kind of anachronistic to be in this game.

All of this news and input...this game just keeps getting better and better. It’s driving me mad...it’s driving me mad.

#1785 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well one disti did say that the MAP for the Gold edition is $7995, so not all BS as far as that goes.

#1786 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Well one disti did say that the MAP for the Gold edition is $7995, so not all BS as far as that goes.

Stern themselfes confirmes that if you read the article a bit above...

Edit:
Here it is: https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2018/10/29/the-beatles-are-honored-in-new-stern-pinball.html
"A spokeswoman for Stern said the Gold Edition has a suggested retail price of $7,999. A typical Stern pinball machine starts at around $5,999."

#1787 5 years ago

oooo.. MAP is a whole $4 below MSRP! that doesn't leave a lot of leeway or the distributors, does it

#1788 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

All of this news and input...this game just keeps getting better and better. It’s driving me mad...it’s driving me mad.

It’s getting better all the time.

#1789 5 years ago

Sgt. Peppers theme would have been stellar. Stern’s next pin?

1900DFCC-A648-4BDC-847B-533CEC7D7836 (resized).jpeg1900DFCC-A648-4BDC-847B-533CEC7D7836 (resized).jpeg
#1790 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s getting better all the time.

No wonder Paul used to beat his women and keep them away from loved ones.

#1791 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Artwork looks really nice. The color schemes won't be to some peoples liking but it's a really nice looking game. I probably prefer the gold's BG the most so it looks like a win for people that only want to pay for a gold.

That was stern's MAP pricing for that game. I thought you got some sort of deal? That's literally what everyone paid.

No, it was $5,999, dippy.

And yes, it was what everyone else paid, because we know not to pay full price, unlike you.

You're digging yourself a hole.....

#1792 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Wasn't that John? Or maybe they both did ...

#1793 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Was that MAP or minimum retail price? If the later, you bargaining $500 off is some whysnow-level wheeling and dealing. If the former, less exciting.

#1794 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Also the things that they loved.

He was a monster!

#1795 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Was that MAP or minimum retail price? If the later, you bargaining $500 off is some whysnow-level wheeling and dealing. If the former, less exciting.

YAWN

Come back with something better.

#1796 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

And yes, it was what everyone else paid, because we know not to pay full price, unlike you.
You're digging yourself a hole.....

Lol, I've never paid MSRP for a game. We are paying the same price so I have no clue what you are arguing about. Maybe myself or you is just using the incorrect term. But your not getting some kind of deal dippy. You are paying what all of use do.

#1797 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Sgt. Peppers theme would been stellar.

All those famous faces were just a signature away back then.

Now every one of them would demand payment.

Lennon wanted Hitler, but everyone else said no. Could have used his image for free today.

#1798 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Lol, I've never paid MSRP for a game. We are paying the same price so I have no clue what you are arguing about.

What we're arguing about is the distro's ability to sell bellow any Stern enforced minimum.

It you can provide proof that there was a $5,400 hard limit, why just produce a screenshot of an official Stern release stating this.

#1799 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

All those famous faces were just a signature away back then.
Now every one of them would demand payment.
Lennon wanted Hitler, but everyone else said no. Could have used his image for free today.

You could probably get sonny Liston cheap.

#1800 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

What we're arguing about is the distro's ability to sell bellow any Stern enforced minimum.
It you can provide proof that there was a $5,400 hard limit, why just produce a screenshot of an official Stern release stating this.

You know good and well that stern doesn't advertise that publicly. All of the distro's know exactly what it is. Ask any of them what stern set the floor at on a game and they will tell you. Floor on GOTG was $5400, $5500 for IMDN, $5600 for DP. Seems like AS was the first game when stern really started pushing this but I may be off a release. Unless you are a new customer or are just foolish all of us are pretty much paying the exact same price. Sure some people that buy every release from the same distro may get a favor here or there but it's pretty much the same all across the board. It's not very hard to figure out that it's because stern is trying to control the distro's from under cutting each other, but stern tries to control everything the distros do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/36?hl=multiballmaniac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.