(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 76.
#1701 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:I guess you 2 don't find it odd that you can call 5 distro's and get quoted the exact same price and be told by all of them that is the bottom price stern has set.

And you believe them???

You do need to learn how to negotiate.

I know many pin owners and no one paid MAP on their Iron Maidens or Deadpoos

#1702 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So who are the good ones, help us all out buddy so we don't get screwed.

They are all kinda, sorta, **good** , you just have to be able to negotiate in a firm and manly fashion.

If they sense your weakness, you are going to pay full retail, and shipping too.

#1703 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You always say this but then you can't ever name anyone that gives good deals on games and you never seem to know what NIB titles cost. So who are the good ones, help us all out buddy so we don't get screwed.

sorry, it has been made clear to me that sharing that info could prevent future deals.

I can tell you that I have called/ emailed JJ, Cointaker, Joe, Tilt, Fun, anmd a few others and gotten different prices (or add-ons) from every one of them on the same game.

#1704 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s still on the Beatles store website.

Doesn't play there anymore either -- it's the identical link back to YT -- but like I said, might be a regional (U.S.) thing.

https://thebeatlesstore.com/pages/the-beatles-pinball-machines

#1705 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I guess you 2 don't find it odd that you can call 5 distro's and get quoted the exact same price and be told by all of them that is the bottom price stern has set. Sure stern can't legally do anything to them if they sell it cheaper but they sure can affect if that distro can continue to make living by limiting what they will sell them in the future. Stern has went out of there way to try to control this in the last 2 years and it is working.

Looks like you called the wrong 5 distos.

Your comment was false.

#1706 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They are all kinda, sorta, **good** , you just have to be able to negotiate in a firm and manly fashion.
If they sense your weakness, you are going to pay full retail, and shipping too.

This is true. I learned on my own.

#1707 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Looks like you called the wrong 5 distos.
Your comment was false.

Really, did you by gotg nib and if so what did you pay?

Quoted from vid1900:

This is great for used pins, buying a car, etc. Not so much for stern nib pins. They are in no rush and dont have to really wheel and deal. Many of the games are shipped directly from stern so they often do not have any money tied up or an incentive to give someone some deal because they were "manly" about it.

#1708 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

They are in no rush and dont have to really wheel and deal. Many of the games are shipped directly from stern so they often do not have any money tied up or an incentive to give someone some deal because they were "manly" about it.

[Sigh]

This is what I'm talking about when I say you have to learn how to negotiate.

Because they don't have them in stock is EXACTLY why they they give manly buyers a deal.

Instead of getting defensive, **think** about who actually has the power when you call to negotiate the purchase of a product.

#1709 5 years ago

Got to hand it to Stern, they're always trying to come up with new ways to sell pinball machines. Keeps things interesting.

Quoted from jgentry:

I guess you 2 don't find it odd that you can call 5 distro's and get quoted the exact same price and be told by all of them that is the bottom price stern has set.

I've seen Iron Maiden Pros selling for just below $5100 NIB at a show, well below MAP, so it does happen.

#1711 5 years ago

Thx for the link but the article is of course wrong.

Sorry for the language I'm overall a very positive person (related to this hobby) but: Kaminkow can't design shit!

He didn't design anything alone in the past (well despite pure gems like "BTTF") and as we all know the game is a retheme and the new functions are most likely Gomez doing, according to his statements.

#1712 5 years ago

The photos in that acticle are new!

You can see the gold trim with new artwork (gold edition?), the bottom of the playfield, that the Diamond Edition has a violet metallic (gold trim edition seems as well?) apron and that the vinyl disc has some cuts for lighting effects.

11321947_web1_Beatles-Diamond-Detail-01-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Diamond-Detail-01-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Diamond-Playfield-sm-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Diamond-Playfield-sm-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Gold-Cabinet-LF_-sm_102918-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Gold-Cabinet-LF_-sm_102918-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Gold-Detail-02-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Gold-Detail-02-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Gold-Detail-04-1- (resized).jpg11321947_web1_Beatles-Gold-Detail-04-1- (resized).jpg

So all Editions will propably stick with that greenish color seeing the new side art.

I kinda like it, but they're really overdoing it with the floarting heads everywhere,

BUT: Now with 2 Models revealed, I really beg the question where they will be noticably different other then by trim & decals.

BUT BUT: Kaminkow says in that interview it will be less then 10.000$. Does he possibly mean ALL Editions? If that's the case they won't need to be drastically different.

Very much looking forward to next week!

#1714 5 years ago

They could call the game "Decap Attack!" also.

With the Gold Edition we have one pair of heads on the playfield, one on the apron, TWO on the artblades (left & right), TWO on the Backbox sides, and REALLY TWO AT ONCE Surrounding the "coin"door.

That a bit overkill, imho.

Btw. salesmen here still intendimg what we seeing with the diamond wedition plaque is not the diamond edition and the game will have a real coindoor?
I'm taking bets.

#1715 5 years ago

So, another way of using up the WWE trim?

#1716 5 years ago

I've indeed been stunned by the entire thing.

#1717 5 years ago

I think the color scheme on the cab is just hideous, and way too busy. To each their own. But if you zoom on the PF, there is a spectacular guest appearance!

I’d suspect that some of these will hit the secondary market with less than 600 plays as well.

821CADB3-62BA-454D-BF0F-D5E2D8804CA2 (resized).jpeg821CADB3-62BA-454D-BF0F-D5E2D8804CA2 (resized).jpeg

#1718 5 years ago

I like something like this (if we go with photorealistic)...

mbstore-24 (resized).jpgmbstore-24 (resized).jpg
#1719 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If rumors are true that distributors get 10 packs (7 golds, 2 platinum, and 1 diamond) for 70k, then I would be down for a gamble if 9 others are...
I propose a purchase price of $7100 each person. The Distributor gets to make a grand and does nothing but instruct the drop shipment of games.
For that $7100 each person gets a number from 1-10. We do a random number generator and the first number picked gets the diamond, the next 2 get the platinum, and the rest get gold.
Worst case you pay $7100 plus your actual shipping (or free pickup if you live in chicagoland area) and get a gold. Get lucky and you get the diamond or platinum.
Any distributors want to make an easy grand?
I bet I can find 9 other gambling people to buy that 10 pack

That’s a great idea! Find 10 people willing to buy gold edition and band together and buy a lot of 10 pins. It might take awhile to find 10 people, but you’d eventually get there. Maybe advertise on Craigslist. Chances of winning each edition -

7/10 gold (70%)
2/10 platinum (20%)
1/10 diamond (10%)

Fortunately I don’t meet the qualification of wanting to buy a gold.

3AB510DA-D9BF-42B6-B983-9189707CB90A.jpeg3AB510DA-D9BF-42B6-B983-9189707CB90A.jpeg

Plus I’m turned off by the pricing which seems like a 100% money grab over what these pins should be selling for in a competitive market place. Stern is a Goliath. All in all I am not excited about this one in the least. Meanwhile I’m poppin for a Munsters.

#1720 5 years ago

I'm ready to take another bet:

When all 1964 Beatles are sold, Stern does a "Luci"... I mean "Seawitch" edition.
The Record will become a maelstrom.

MMW!!!

#1721 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Plus I’m turned off by the pricing which seems like a 100% money grab over what these pins should be selling for in a competitive market place.

Why does everyone not want Stern to make some good money?

For every LOTRs there is a WOF.

For every AC/DC there is a WWE

For every Ironmaden there is a KISS

Stern has to make some money, or the next game that bombs could end them.

If Stern waited any longer to release The Beatles (they've had the license for 2 years), any remaining fans would be too old (or, let's face it, too dead) to buy it.

#1722 5 years ago

Im in my 40s and was told my whole life the Beatles were great. Can't stand them. Same with Bruce and Dillon. I thought the maiden title was a bad idea as well. The best thing they had was their mascot.

Give me a back to the future that's worthy to carry the name. Or nightmare on Elm street. Or south park. Or beavis and butthead. Or terminator 1 and 2 combined. Or Rambo.
Or stop charging 8 to 15k because of paying for trademark shit and make me a 4k machine with your own title perhaps named in a contest and start creating toys on a whole other level.

#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from leonml:

Im in my 40s and was told my whole life the Beatles were great. Can't stand them. Same with Bruce and Dillon. I thought the maiden title was a bad idea as well. The best thing they had was their mascot.
Give me a back to the future that's worthy to carry the name. Or nightmare on Elm street. Or south park. Or beavis and butthead. Or terminator 1 and 2 combined. Or Rambo.
Or stop charging 8 to 15k because of paying for trademark shit and make me a 4k machine with your own title perhaps named in a contest and start creating toys on a whole other level.

So why don't you buy Back to the Future, Nightmare on Elm Street, South Park, Terminator or Rambo... I mean Raven.
Only thing missing here is Beavis & Butthead and despite BttF all these games are at least descent!

#1724 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Rambo... I mean Raven.

At least grab the alt translite! Makes it better.

1785969C-3587-40BE-87EC-2AF96B36491B (resized).jpeg1785969C-3587-40BE-87EC-2AF96B36491B (resized).jpeg
#1725 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Why does everyone not want Stern to make some good money?
For every LOTRs there is a WOF.
For every AC/DC there is a WWE
For every Ironmaden there is a KISS
Stern has to make some money, or the next game that bombs could end them.
If Stern waited any longer to release The Beatles (they've had the license for 2 years), any remaining fans would be too old (or, let's face it, too dead) to buy it.

Beatles is going to make WWE look like a best seller ...

#1726 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Beatles is going to make WWE look like a best seller ...

I'm telling you guys, the Beatles are going to completely sell out

#1727 5 years ago
25B067B7-34D7-4A83-A022-79958CD6F49F (resized).jpg25B067B7-34D7-4A83-A022-79958CD6F49F (resized).jpg
#1728 5 years ago

Today was the big distributor conference call, what’s the word? Full length songs or short clips?

#1729 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm telling you guys, the Beatles are going to completely sell out

I agree they will eventually sell out. The diamond and platinum will go fairly fast but the gold will sit on the market for a long time. Who knows you might be able to score a cheap gold after a year or two.

#1730 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Today was the big distributor conference call, what’s the word? Full length songs or short clips?

They discussed this article...and what to do with leftover games.

B443F68B-6A9A-422E-87E4-AAED2F55D832 (resized).pngB443F68B-6A9A-422E-87E4-AAED2F55D832 (resized).png

#1731 5 years ago

I found another picture from Google engine.......what's this? A platinum edition??
beatles-lf-cabinet_750xx853-1137-0-0 (resized).jpgbeatles-lf-cabinet_750xx853-1137-0-0 (resized).jpg

All together.......
32b6c25ca18087ad74328fba5afdab1e6d03f4a8 (resized).jpg32b6c25ca18087ad74328fba5afdab1e6d03f4a8 (resized).jpg

#1732 5 years ago

The amp speaker grills are cool. But otherwise, they should have saved some money and just called it Easter Egg Hunt.

#1733 5 years ago

Still does not appear they will have working coin slots.

#1734 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes it will! This has been addressed by so many distributors. Unless stern is lying they will have fully operational coin doors.

#1735 5 years ago

Dare I say this but I rather like the gold one... Look forward to seeing the Advertised pricing who knows looks like it might be fun?

#1736 5 years ago

Agree!
Stern’s on a roll with artwork on the base model!

Come on Pinside, isn’t this when someone goes “all in” on one and starts a club thread..? anyone..!?? ..

#1737 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Quoted from ASOA:

Yes it will! This has been addressed by so many distributors. Unless stern is lying they will have fully operational coin doors.

I'm guessing this is an artist's rendering. No reason to take on the expense of a coin door with no slots. If that were the plan then just go with the home model with no coin door, at all.

#1738 5 years ago

I am a fan of the art! and a magnetic spinning disk seems like a winner! I do not understand why you would not pay 5-9K less and buy a seawitch! Are LCD that expensive? Turn off the sound and listen to beatles on vinyl while you play.

#1739 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm guessing this is an artist's rendering. No reason to take on the expense of a coin door with no slots. If that were the plan then just go with the home model with no coin door, at all.

And this brings a down vote? Strange.

#1740 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Except the door could still provide the necessary adjustments access... and be a way to comply with licensing limits while still allowing an easy path for owners to make their own choices... all with hardware that is readily available on the market already. Lots of reasons you could go that way....

#1741 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Except the door could still provide the necessary adjustments access... and be a way to comply with licensing limits while still allowing an easy path for owners to make their own choices... all with hardware that is readily available on the market already. Lots of reasons you could go that way....

Plus they can use all the stock unused WWE cabinets in storage.

#1742 5 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I am a fan of the art! and a magnetic spinning disk seems like a winner! I do not understand why you would not pay 5-9K less and buy a seawitch! Are LCD that expensive? Turn off the sound and listen to beatles on vinyl while you play.

I agree about the art.
I'm neutral on the spinning disk.
Music that's integrated with the game play software is amazing (better than just playing any track on vinyl).

In answer to your question: I won't buy a Seawitch for the same reason I don't buy 38 year old cars, no matter how good they were when they were new. I'm OK with others buying 38 year old cars and doing them up. But personally, I think that's a waste of money and time. And the car still won't drive as well as a new one. Sure I have to pay more money for the new one, but that's my answer. I have friends who love spending money (and lots of time) on old machines (pinball and cars) and doing them up and maintaining them (they generally need more maintenance than new machines). They get a kick out of it. Good for them. For me, I have a life with multiple demands on my time, and I choose to put my time in other ventures. Plus, I have a feeling Beatles will play a touch better than Seawitch. We'll find out soon enough.

Unknown (resized).pngUnknown (resized).png
#1743 5 years ago

This will be the first bomb from the Beatles.
I don’t get it. Did Whoa Nellie really sell like gangbusters for Stern?

Nobody wants a $10,000 EM game.

#1744 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Plus they can use all the stock unused WWE cabinets in storage.

Cabinets are the same as all the other games armor is added later...

#1745 5 years ago

I definitely prefer the backglass art on the pro, compared to Platinum and Diamond.

#1746 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I definitely prefer the backglass art on the pro, compared to Platinum and Diamond.

Yeah, agree. The gold armour trim looks better too in my opinion as it matches the gold colored speaker grills.

#1747 5 years ago

For the complete coulor art I'd give a 8 out a ten. The backglass is best on gold but I dont like gold trim and gold cabinet ...

#1748 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Really, did you by gotg nib and if so what did you pay?

$5,400, like everyone else in the know.

#1749 5 years ago

So is Joe K saying that these will all be selling below $10k? Read that somewhere.

#1750 5 years ago

Artwork looks really nice. The color schemes won't be to some peoples liking but it's a really nice looking game. I probably prefer the gold's BG the most so it looks like a win for people that only want to pay for a gold.

Quoted from Sinestro:

$5,400, like everyone else in the know.

That was stern's MAP pricing for that game. I thought you got some sort of deal? That's literally what everyone paid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/35?hl=multiballmaniac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.