(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 76.
#1551 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Levi is about a 6x multiplier smarter and 12x bonus more clever than the K guy.

He has at least a 10x on Stern keener.

#1552 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

And he's played pinball before... Which some see as a plus.

#1553 5 years ago

Despite the ugly look and the odd era choice, I still want to play this thing. I love Seawitch.

#1554 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Like put out multiple titles a year, on a timely basis, not steal anybody's money, and do all of this consistently while also offering the least expensive commercial-grade pinball machines on the market!!!
I still don't know how they do it.

Stern has a great system in place for producing multiple titles per year. Does that mean they are making the highest quality pinball machines with the most features, best build quality and offering the best code support? No, at least not consistently.

No one is saying Stern sucks or makes terrible games. I think a majority of customers just want to see Stern offer more value (features, code, build quality) to help justify the record high prices.

#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

let's not get to crazy around here...

#1556 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Despite the ugly look...

With the 4 posts before all about Levi I had to chuckle.

#1557 5 years ago

When the real prices are finally released I hope people compute how much actual Gold, Platinum and Diamonds can be bought for these amounts.

#1558 5 years ago

With all the rampant speculation and hype and briefly forgot how terrible this game looks.

#1559 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

With all the rampant speculation and hype and briefly forgot how terrible this game looks.

I wouldn’t say terrible. But the floating heads are a strange choice.

#1560 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I cant decide if I hate the look of Mafia more or less than the Beatles...

457992fa5c6c04a129cfb18cb4a13428f1f3bfb5_jpeg (resized).jpg457992fa5c6c04a129cfb18cb4a13428f1f3bfb5_jpeg (resized).jpg
#1561 5 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I cant decide if I hate the look of Mafia more or less than the Beatles...
[quoted image]

I would easily take Beatles over that game. Beatles looks like a cool throwback pin, it just sucks that it has an insane price.

#1562 5 years ago

Uff my eyes my eyes!!! Put it away...stop...beatles..best...looking....pin...ever

#1563 5 years ago

This thread reminds me of when Damien was going to church with his parents, he did not like that!!

#1564 5 years ago

I really cannot understand why some people keep comparing this pin and justifying its cost with TNA. TNA had original layout, original theme, original music, original mech, industry setting light show, and a unique backstory with Scott's homebrew creation. So totally different. Plus TNA will be more "limited" due to it's true boutique nature. Apples and oranges, fellas. This is an old layout with Beatles stickers pasted on it. I believe I could play any Seawitch era SS pin with Beatles blaring in the background and have the same experience.

#1565 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I believe I could play any Seawitch era SS pin with Beatles blaring in the background and have the same experience.

I believe I can out run Adrian Peterson in the 50 yard dash. Doesn't make it so unfortunately.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

With the 4 posts before all about Levi I had to chuckle.

Ha I thought the same thing!

#1566 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I believe I can out run Adrian Peterson in the 50 yard dash. Doesn't make it so unfortunately.

I don't know, that long run he had this week looked really slow and hobbled... But after re watching it a few times he is outunning people.

#1567 5 years ago

Even the official color corrected photos released don't do it for me. I will probably never get to play this. Unless at some expo.

#1568 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know, that long run he had this week looked really slow and hobbled... But after re watching it a few times he is outunning people.

LMAO yeah...

all the comments I see are like "look how slow that old man is running!" while he outruns the entire Giants D. They did catch up at the end for a horse collar.

Apparently that's the longest TD run in the NFL by someone his age since Jim Thorpe did it in 1921. HOLY SHIT!

Oh yeah Beatles is gonna rule etc. etc. etc. It will be a markedly different playing experience than Seawitch, which is obvious to anybody who isn't just regurgitating the boilerplate from the reveal day posts.

#1569 5 years ago

The thing that really sucks here is the fact that Stern has made this a mandatory purchase.

I was hoping to pay in full for a pin that would never actually be manufactured, but Stern is forcing me to pay stupid money for an actual fun pinball machine. It’s just not fair.

Some of the long time collectors here can back me up. There was once was a time when you could simply pass on a pin that was not to your liking for a variety of reasons.

Now though, with mandatory purchasing in effect it’s impossible not to be upset... Nay, OUTRAGED by this machine. I don’t even WANT this pin, but I have to buy it. So, you can see why I’m so angry.

It’s just a question of which model they’re forcing me to buy. It has to be Platinum or Diamond, I guess. I’m not going to put the Peasant version in my arcade!

#1570 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

The thing that really sucks here is the fact that Stern has made this a mandatory purchase.
I was hoping to pay in full for a pin that would never actually be manufactured, but Stern is forcing me to pay stupid money for an actual fun pinball machine. It’s just not fair.
Some of the long time collectors here can back me up. There was once was a time when you could simply pass on a pin that was not to your liking for a variety of reasons.
Now though, with mandatory purchasing in effect it’s impossible not to be upset... Nay, OUTRAGED by this machine. I don’t even WANT this pin, but I have to buy it. So, you can see why I’m so angry.
It’s just a question of which model they’re forcing me to buy. It has to be Platinum or Diamond, I guess. I’m not going to put the Peasant version in my arcade!

Good angle. I like it!

#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Is that still sarcasm or allready cynism? XD

#1572 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I was never going to buy this machine, but it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion and think they totally missed the mark. Right?

#1573 5 years ago

@MapleSyrup, I get the sarcasm, but here is my reason for adding a negative comment regarding this pin. People say, don't like, don't buy it. Well, I'm not. But some people will. A lot, probably. I love movies, but hate it when tons of people shell out cash to see the latest Micheal Bay flick. All it does is justify Hollywood to continue making bad, cash grab movies. If Stern rakes in the cash on this one, then do not expect anything better. The next theme they give this treatment to may be your dream theme. I mean, imagine if they re-theme another early SS game into Superman 78? Man, that would suck. Just like watching Michael Bay ruin Transformers. One man's opinion, here. Take it at that. But really kind of want Stern to have a box office failure soon so that they are forced to rework their formula.

#1574 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

With your status I'm pretty sure you're forced to buy a diamond. Stern told me to go find a ratty old seawitch to play and to piss off.

#1575 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Don’t forget you have to buy two.

One as an investment.

#1576 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

MapleSyrup, I get the sarcasm, but here is my reason for adding a negative comment regarding this pin. People say, don't like, don't buy it. Well, I'm not. But some people will. A lot, probably. I love movies, but hate it when tons of people shell out cash to see the latest Micheal Bay flick. All it does is justify Hollywood to continue making bad, cash grab movies. If Stern rakes in the cash on this one, then do not expect anything better. The next theme they give this treatment to may be your dream theme. I mean, imagine if they re-theme another early SS game into Superman 78? Man, that would suck. Just like watching Michael Bay ruin Transformers. One man's opinion, here. Take it at that. But really kind of want Stern to have a box office failure soon so that they are forced to rework their formula.

What if they are just pinball machines and I dont have dream themes or grails or games bolted to my floor? Can i buy a Beatles pin or do i have to help you show them they are wrong?

#1577 5 years ago

If we all barrage their FB with 'as a pinball fan and beatles fan the art offends me' do you think they'll go back to the drawing board?

#1578 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If we all barrage their FB with 'as a pinball fan and beatles fan the art offends me' do you think they'll go back to the drawing board?

Only if you point out 350 times your wife agrees with you.

#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What if they are just pinball machines and I dont have dream themes or grails or games bolted to my floor? Can i buy a Beatles pin or do i have to help you show them they are wrong?

You HAVE to help! Lol. Just kidding. It's just pinball.

#1580 5 years ago

Is Munsters here yet?

#1581 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Only if you point out 350 times your wife agrees with you.

You keep saying that, but I only mentioned my wife in my first post. Are you jealous because I'm married and she's not crazy?

#1582 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You keep saying that, but I only mentioned my wife in my first post. Are you jealous because I'm married and she's not crazy?

Not possible. Illustration below

#1583 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I was never going to buy this machine, but it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion and think they totally missed the mark. Right?

Clearly!

Comes down to how you want to spend your time I suppose.

Talking about things you don’t like with people who also don’t like them, or talking about things you enjoy with people who also enjoy them?!

Just busting balls though. I think you and I agree more often than not.

On a side note... do things feel a little broken around here or is it just my browser on my phone. I’m getting a lot of false posts. IE a post is attributed the the poster directly before it, but then when somebody quotes it, it shows the actual poster). Also pages are loading strangely. I’ll see a link that says “30 new posts”, but when I click the link, it just goes away without loading the new posts. When I refresh the page, the new posts show up. Running iOS 12 on an iPhone Xs

#1584 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Clearly!
Comes down to how you want to spend your time I suppose.
Talking about things you don’t like with people who also don’t like them, or talking about things you enjoy with people who also enjoy them?!
Just busting balls though. I think you and I agree more often than not.
On a side note... do things feel a little broken around here or is it just my browser on my phone. I’m getting a lot of false posts. IE a post is attributed the the poster directly before it, but then when somebody quotes it, it shows the actual poster). Also pages are loading strangely. I’ll see a link that says “30 new posts”, but when I click the link, it just goes away without loading the new posts. When I refresh the page, the new posts show up. Running iOS 12 on an iPhone Xs

I've had some weirdness too.... I think it might be because several posts early on in this thread were deleted? It seems like it gets weird near the end of a page, then straightens out about 4 posts into the next page.....

#1585 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've had some weirdness too.... I think it might be because several posts early on in this thread were deleted? It seems like it gets weird near the end of a page, then straightens out about 4 posts into the next page.....

whenever it changes to the next page its super buggy for me in this thread

#1586 5 years ago

People ,People ..

#1587 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I remember my first Internet forum.

#1588 5 years ago

Probably part of the vitriol is that Stern has really been knocking it out of the park artwise since Ghostbusters, so it's an extra punch in the gut when you get something that doesn't quite hit the mark.

#1589 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wouldn’t say terrible. But the floating heads are a strange choice.

The very first time I met The Beatles.

(the floating heads bring on memories)

I was 10 years old. I never heard of The Beatles. Ed Sullivan had not had them on national TV yet. I'm smack dab in the middle of the U.S. In those days it took awhile for east coast and west coast information to get to my town.

We had a department store with a little of everything. Groceries. A pet store. Lots of toys and model car kits. And a record store. As my mom headed to the grocery aisle I went shopping for records. In those days we had Elvis, Bobby Rydel, Conway Twitty, The Kingston Trio, Marty Robbins etc.

As I walked toward the record store I was greeted with this Beatles display. Only the one I ran into was was life size. I remember looking at it in detail and watching how the motion mechanicals rocked the heads. and I remember the one dude with a cigarette in his hand. I was quite fascinated this display.

The floating heads seem perfectly natural to me.

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen...THE BEATLES !!!

#1590 5 years ago

I don’t think we will ever get to know the MSRP of the Diamond or Platinum games. They will go for undisclosed amounts and people will report a wide variety of prices. Everything from free to 75K.

#1591 5 years ago

A lot of Beatles fans made a lot of money through the years. They have tastes that they can pay for. We can only envy.

So, what happens when you get some rock gods guitarists', with money to burn, who all want to be Jimmie Page? You get prices like this.

https://reverb.com/p/gibson-les-paul-standard-burst-1958-1960

If you are a woodwinds fan, you get Selmer saxophones with prices in the $10K range. What makes a Selmer worth $10,000.00? To me, it is just another frigging sax. But it you are a professional sax player and so-snd-so is raving about Selmer, then by-god, you think," I have the money. I want a Selmer. And prices climb. There are other sax's that are just a good. But you gotta have that Selmer name on. And you will pay for it.

Top musicians make a lot of money. Musicians are, obviously, hand oriented and attracted to pinball machines. People who are good with their hands. Money. Pinball machines. Sounds like it fits to me.

You all are talking about the distributors for this pin. My question is: Will this pin be being sold on the Beatles Store? I mean, this is where I, and I think most of us have heard of have heard about it first. Maybe the the Diamonds will be sold on The Beatles store exclusively?

#1592 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It will be a markedly different playing experience than Seawitch, which is obvious to anybody who isn't just regurgitating the boilerplate from the reveal day posts.

I remember how Tron was "just a Funhouse rehash" to the peanut gallery. Until like, they actually played it.

#1593 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I remember how Tron was "just a Funhouse rehash" to the peanut gallery. Until like, they actually played it.

Less fun version of Funhouse!!

#1594 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A lot of Beatles fans made a lot of money through the years. They have tastes that they can pay for. We can only envy.
So, what happens when you get some rock gods guitarists', with money to burn, who all want to be Jimmie Page? You get prices like this.
https://reverb.com/p/gibson-les-paul-standard-burst-1958-1960
If you are a woodwinds fan, you get Selmer saxophones with prices in the $10K range. What makes a Selmer worth $10,000.00? To me, it is just another frigging sax. But it you are a professional sax player and so-snd-so is raving about Selmer, then by-god, you think," I have the money. I want a Selmer. And prices climb. There are other sax's that are just a good. But you gotta have that Selmer name on. And you will pay for it.
Top musicians make a lot of money. Musicians are, obviously, hand oriented and attracted to pinball machines. People who are good with their hands. Money. Pinball machines. Sounds like it fits to me.
You all are talking about the distributors for this pin. My question is: Will this pin be being sold on the Beatles Store? I mean, this is where I, and I think most of us have heard of have heard about it first. Maybe the the Diamonds will be sold on The Beatles store exclusively?

I talked with my distributor that I buy all my pins from. Sounds like he was trying to figure out pricing and he might not have sufficient amount of diamond and platinum games for everyone who wants one. If you want one I would start making phone calls and be prepared to pay way to much. He said he will know more next Tuesday. I don't like the way this is going down and I am not getting involved.

#1595 5 years ago
Quoted from BrettC208:

I talked with my distributor that I buy all my pins from. Sounds like he was trying to figure out pricing and he might not have sufficient amount of diamond and platinum games for everyone who wants one.

Thanks for the heads-up. Don't even know the price yet but who cares, better get my order in now as clearly they are selling out fast!

#1596 5 years ago

Stern liked the Supreme motto
Let’s keep it rolling with Beatles as well

Everything has its price but there need to be some reason to justify extreme pricing

My family focus is on Halloween now
Will see what’s going on after

It’s looks fun but at $10k I rather have a new clutch in my car when I need it

#1597 5 years ago

Ka-Pow are the IP holders and STERN are manufacturing for them.
Why so much hate for STERN? Why any hate at all?
It's just pinball.
Next thing you know we will be banning monkeys on back glasses, oh wait

#1598 5 years ago

Just speechless after i saw this. They have The Beatles and Stern comes with this....

One of the biggest licenses and they went full out penny lane again. What a cheap company Stern has become. Fake pinball!

#1599 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Just speechless after i saw this. They have The Beatles and Stern comes with this....
One of the biggest licenses and they went full out penny lane again. What a cheap company Stern has become. Fake pinball!

Stern didn't design it did they? They are just making it.

#1600 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Stern didn't design it did they? They are just making it.

You're right, I think Kapow could have done a better job negotiating the licence and it's restrictions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,282 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/32?hl=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.