(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 76.
#1501 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

The gold edition won't have spinners, the drop targets will be replaced by stand-up targets, and won't include the left upper flipper. The magnet in the spinning disk will also be eliminated.
What the fuck you want for $7,600???

You can’t be serious.

#1502 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

There is no way this is true

Double

#1503 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

There is no way this is true

I agree it doesn't sound right. But I've heard the exact same thing from a couple of places.

That's why diamond and platinum prices are already all over the place.

#1504 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

The gold edition won't have spinners, the drop targets will be replaced by stand-up targets, and won't include the left upper flipper. The magnet in the spinning disk will also be eliminated.
What the fuck you want for $7,600???

Hopefully this is not true.

The announcement from Stern does state each model will have a unique art package. This seems to be the only factual difference between the three so far.

#1505 5 years ago

price should be $6/$8/$10K

but AFM or MB remake are a great options at $6-8K

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

om what I understand the diamond edition is whatever the distributor wants to charge for it. Same with the platinum.

Unless the laws have changed, no manufacturer can tell a distributor or retailer what price they can put on, or have to put on an item for sale. This is why you see the auto makers price sheets say MSRP. Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price. Of course, the factory can make life a little difficult for a retailer who does not want to play ball. Apple plays a tough game, for instance.

Car dealers have been known every once in awhile for jacking the price on a hot selling car and there was not much the factory could do about it, although I believe 10 years ago when GM made its great dealer cut, GM made a concerted effort to dump some of its less than stellar dealers.

For the manufacturer, it is not good when a opportunistic retailer tries to fleece the public. It is also not good when a weak retailer starts discounting the price and cheapen the brand.

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Unless the laws have changed, no manufacturer can tell a distributor or retailer what price they can put on, or have to put on an item for sale. This is why you see the auto makers price sheets say MSRP. Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price. Of course, the factory can make life a little difficult for a retailer who does not want to play ball. Apple plays a tough game, for instance.
Car dealers have been known every once in awhile for jacking the price on a hot selling car and there was not much the factory could do about it, although I believe 10 years ago when GM made its great dealer cut, GM made a concerted effort to dump some of its less than stellar dealers.
For the manufacturer, it is not good when a opportunistic retailer tries to fleece the public. It is also not good when a weak retailer starts discounting the price and cheapen the brand.

Stern CAN set a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) though. Doesn't mean the distributor cannot sell for less...but they may not advertise the goods for less than MAP. This includes email quotes, mailing lists, etc. MAP pricing is why you will see some distributors require a phone call to get a price. Some distributors will throw in free shipping or pay your sales tax as a kickback, so long as they show that the machine sold for the MAP price.

#1508 5 years ago

I hope nobody buys the diamond and platinum editions to prevent this from happening again.

#1509 5 years ago

Did someone make a "Hitler reacts to the Beatles pinball" yet? If so, could you repost the link?

#1510 5 years ago

The Batman SLE last time was $15k priced to buy directly from Stern, not through a distributor. So this seems to be a different model.

I'm guessing most distributors do not buy 10 games at a time (outside of the few biggest names), so they are incentivizing them to buy a bigger block than normal.

#1511 5 years ago

Reminded me of this VHS promo for Terminator 2 where video stores had to buy blocks of T2 WITH Drop Dead Fred. lol.

If you haven't seen this video it is both completely awesome and awful at the same time:

#1512 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The Batman SLE last time was $15k priced to buy directly from Stern, not through a distributor. So this seems to be a different model.
I'm guessing most distributors do not buy 10 games at a time (outside of the few biggest names), so they are incentivizing them to buy a bigger block than normal.

I think Stern is doing this to deflect the heat away from them this time...Batman 66 SLE created a lot of negative flak directed at Stern. So Stern is letting the distributors throw themselves under the bus for a short term payday if they choose...or reward some loyal customers if they choose.

#1513 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

forgot to divide by 2.

#1514 5 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Did someone make a "Hitler reacts to the Beatles pinball" yet? If so, could you repost the link?

Will you settle for the laughing man?
https://www.captiongenerator.com/1151792/Stern-Pinball-announces-The-Beatles-pinball?fbclid=IwAR2eSOz1Akv3WpRBxyU2T1UKdTwEkwbS39pROjXPzmd4DyfBPTcJX_xVI00

#1516 5 years ago

So is pinside getting more hysterical or just dumber?

Tough to determine, but based upon the response to Tamoore's transparently sarcastic toss off post, I'm gonna go with a little of both.

#1517 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Tough to determine, but based upon the response to Tamoore's transparently sarcastic toss off post, I'm gonna go with a little of both.

Hey... Don't lump me in with these guys... I'm just here for the LULZ and hitler videos.....

#1519 5 years ago

I heard the gold edition will only contain one alphanumeric display and no LCD screen, and also won't have plastics over the slingshots!

"FOR $8000?!!? Stern is WORSE THAN HITLER!!!!"

#1520 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I heard the gold edition will only contain one alphanumeric display and no LCD screen, and also won't have plastics over the slingshots!
"FOR $8000?!!? Stern is WORSE THAN HITLER!!!!"

I heard that since everyone always complains about the quality of sterns pinballs that they are no longer included. You have to preorder yours from pinball life before you order the game to make sure you have some. Stern figured why pay for something you are just throwing away.

#1521 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I heard that since everyone always complains about the quality of sterns pinballs that they are no longer included. You have to preorder yours from pinball life before you order the game to make sure you have some. Stern figured why pay for something you are just throwing away.

This is outrageous!!!!

Are there no boundaries to this Beatles scam?!?!?!?!?!?

????

?

#1522 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Reminded me of this VHS promo for Terminator 2 where video stores had to buy blocks of T2 WITH Drop Dead Fred. lol.
If you haven't seen this video it is both completely awesome and awful at the same time:

Nothing new in coin op. People always wonder how they managed to sell 5,000 Popeyes.

The fact that Williams was forcing distributors to buy it if they also wanted the latest Mortal Kombat had something to do with it.

#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nothing new in coin op. People always wonder how they managed to sell 5,000 Popeyes.
The fact that Williams was forcing distributors to buy it if they also wanted the latest Mortal Kombat had something to do with it.

That's crazy, I had no idea they did that

#1525 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

All mostly rumors but stern allows them to buy the golds for 7k each one at a time. Or they can buy a 10 pack with 7 golds, 2 platinums, and 1 diamond for 70k. That is the only way to get a diamond or platinum.
So unless you just have money to waste I'd recommend waiting if you want a diamond or platinum as there will better deals to be had if the dealers have to set on them a little.

Serious question: given the order in which companies usually build machines, won't distributors waiting for all 3 versions to be made be waiting a _long_ time?

#1526 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Serious question: given the order in which companies usually build machines, won't distributors waiting for all 3 versions to be made be waiting a long_ time?

have we seen a difference in versions besides the plate/plaque? maybe they are all the same besides that??

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

given the order in which companies usually build machines, won't distributors waiting for all 3 versions to be made be waiting a long_ time?

Considering its reported that all 3 version are identical besides art, they should be able to switch up production easier.

#1529 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

have we seen a difference in versions besides the plate/plaque? maybe they are all the same besides that??

Powder Coating will be different.
I suppose gold for the gold edition, wich could look nice with the speaker decals.

#1530 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

All mostly rumors but stern allows them to buy the golds for 7k each one at a time. Or they can buy a 10 pack with 7 golds, 2 platinums, and 1 diamond for 70k. That is the only way to get a diamond or platinum.

If this is true, I think it's a smart way for Stern to sell out all the games and rake in a quick $13.7 million.

#1531 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh yes. The package deal as a marketing ploy.

#1532 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

but AFM or MB remake are a great options at $6-8K

It's crazy how quickly the industry re-oriented our thinking to these numbers. Took all of two years. Just wait for 2020... that will be $9K/$11K/$13K! AP has already taken that step by adding $400 to OKFest.

Come on, DeepRoot!

#1533 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

2lbfew (resized).jpg2lbfew (resized).jpg

#1534 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's crazy how quickly the industry re-oriented our thinking to these numbers. Took all of two years. Just wait for 2020... that will be $9K/$11K/$13K! AP has already taken that step by adding $400 to OKFest.
Come on, DeepRoot!

Sure has.

I was buying Tron and IMVE for $4700 shipped. $6k seems crazy for Beatles pro but here we are wishing it was that cheap. lol.

#1535 5 years ago

If I remember correctly, LOTR was about $3800 NIB in 2006. Inflation calculator says that would be worth about $4800 today.

People are happy to pay $6k for TNA. Such is the pinball market.

#1536 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Beatles ..? Beatles ..?
Isn’t that the guy from Wings ?!

Maybe the guy from "Billy Peppers and the Pepperpots" ?

#1537 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Serious question: given the order in which companies usually build machines, won't distributors waiting for all 3 versions to be made be waiting a long_ time?

Why would you think that. Sounds like only trim level differences and maybe different art. Stern will roll these out with a quickness if they are not already building them.

#1538 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Eight songs, and here is a high res image of the playfield and Diamond cab
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

What is just above the lick, upper right of decal. Looks like carriage bolt.

#1539 5 years ago

The VOX amplifier speaker panels are so cool and a great touch!

#1540 5 years ago

When a new Stern comes out we really need some way to identify what is fact and what is speculation. Like the first post should be updated with what is actually true. So often people post complete sarcasm and speculation like its fact. At the same time Stern seems to like to do things no one believes is possible true.

#1541 5 years ago

The game looks ugly. It's a bad color scheme. It has some great art, but it still looks like a Photoshop nightmare. It's disjointed, too loud, and looks like a bad mix of art ideas. It feels like it was done by 2-3 artists that didn't really agree, so they just all did what they wanted and overlaid it. Maybe that's license restriction, maybe it's time restriction, whatever. It doesn't really change the fact that it looks really bad. There is a lot of fantastic art out there from the Beatles over the decades to draw from. This odd purple and teal mixture just doesn't work.

It's also a major bummer that you're finally going to get this license and then focus on, literally, the least interesting time for the band both musically and aesthetically.

It's really hard not to be disappointed with this, rumored prices aside, even if you're a Beatles fan.

Seawitch is a fantastic game and layout though, so there's that.

#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

At the same time Stern seems to like to do things no one believes is possible true.

Like put out multiple titles a year, on a timely basis, not steal anybody's money, and do all of this consistently while also offering the least expensive commercial-grade pinball machines on the market!!!

I still don't know how they do it.

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Levi is the new Kaneda.

#1544 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They have made that their charter and structure their strategy and tactics to achieve that.

#1545 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

When a new Stern comes out we really need some way to identify what is fact and what is speculation. Like the first post should be updated with what is actually true. So often people post complete sarcasm and speculation like its fact. At the same time Stern seems to like to do things no one believes is possible true.

Well... best way is to have that sorted out to you by This week in Pinball.

#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Like put out multiple titles a year, on a timely basis, not steal anybody's money, and do all of this consistently while also offering the least expensive commercial-grade pinball machines on the market!!!

I still don't know how they keep putting out games with broken shots, dodgy code, questionable build quality, and recycled designs, either. But people keep giving them a pass, so why not?

Iron Maiden was legit great, but everything around it has been average at best or subpar for a while.

#1547 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That is a laughably low bar for any other business, for some reason in Pinball, that's considered a success.

#1548 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Levi is the new Kaneda.

I will admit, I have thought he may have actually sold his account to his buddy???

#1549 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That is a laughably low bar for any other business, for some reason in Pinball, that's considered a success.

Hey, Pinball is hard!

Stern just makes it look easy.

#1550 5 years ago

Levi is about a 6x multiplier smarter and 12x bonus more clever than the K guy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/31?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.