(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 76.
#1451 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You gotta love this place with all the Monday Morning Quarterbacks. Gottlieb disappeared years ago. Same for Bally, Williams. Here we are years later and the only old timer to survive is Stern. Good times. Bad times. Stern has been through it all.
And you think you have the chops to tell the man how to run his business?

Exactly. Well said.

#1452 5 years ago

Anyone hear any updated information regarding pricing from a distributor?

#1453 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Exactly. But Pinsiders like to think THEY know how to run the pinball business!
How DARE you mock them, sir? How DARE you?

Dude, just chill out. This is an internet forum where people voice their opinion. How dare they? Give me a break.

#1454 5 years ago

Something too to consider.
Half of the production will most likely export out of the country so we’ve been told.
Thus leaving only 50 Diamonds, 125 Platniums and 807 Gold Editions here in the US.

I’m looking forward to playing it simply because I’ve always loved Seawitch. Rip the tide baby!

#1455 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Exactly. But Pinsiders like to think THEY know how to run the pinball business!
How DARE you mock them, sir? How DARE you?

This post is pure Pinside. A very fair thought followed by complete madness.

#1456 5 years ago

I was going to go with a gold model, but since they're not "certified collectible" I'm going to have to get the Platinum or Diamond.

#1457 5 years ago

the new seawitch 2018 or 2019 or when ever it comes out sounds expensive . and as i understand it they are calling it the beatles instead

#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

the new seawitch 2018 or 2019 or when ever it comes out sounds expensive . and as i understand it they are calling it the beatles instead though

#1459 5 years ago

I think Stern is going for "13 year old girl in 1964" nostalgia with this theme, color palette etc...

If my mom had email I'd send her a link to get an opinion.

#1460 5 years ago

Overall this game just seems bizarre and out of place the more I hear about it. Focusing on only early Beatles to likely push a basic design, having a basic layout using an old existing playfield design, containing a limited number of songs, a basic ruleset, and yet having an extremely high price leads me to only one conclusion.

"It is a pinball machine bred for a single purpose: to destroy the bank accounts of pinheads."

ttt1168 (resized).jpgttt1168 (resized).jpg

#1461 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think Stern is going for "13 year old girl in 1964" nostalgia with this theme, color palette etc...
If my mom had email I'd send her a link to get an opinion.

I showed my mom.

She said it's 60 years too late.

#1462 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Focusing on only early Beatles to likely push a basic design, having a basic layout using an old existing playfield design, containing a limited number of songs, a basic ruleset, and yet having an extremely high price leads me to only one conclusion.

"It is a pinball machine bred for a single purpose: to destroy the bank accounts of pinheads."

As we've discussed, even if you attended the very last Beatles concert, you are well into your 70s today.

Stuff marketed to seniors has to be simple.

senior cell (resized).jpgsenior cell (resized).jpg
#1463 5 years ago

On the upside, I can't wait to get one of these for stupid cheap out of an estate.

#1464 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

As we've discussed, even if you attended the very last Beatles concert, you are well into your 70s today.
Stuff marketed to seniors has to be simple.[quoted image]

owww that one folds in half to fit in my pocket! it's better than what i have

I have to make the ring tones with my mouth

Brick_Bennett (resized).jpgBrick_Bennett (resized).jpg
#1465 5 years ago

My mom is 70 and was one of those girls screaming for the Beatles when they came to America. She also owns three homes and has a good amount of money in the bank. I showed her the pictures, she said it looked nice, told her the price and she laughed. This is a woman who spent 15 grand on a dining room table and thinks my pins are sensible purchases. (I only own early SS pins). She said if it was 5 grand she would order one. This is a lady with money who buys stupid things and this is so ridiculous to her, it might as well be 100K. Come on fellas, this is getting absurd, it's like a Monty Python sketch, the way prices are going one way and quality another. Do I hear bubbles bursting?

#1466 5 years ago

Any ETA on Beetles showing in NYC for the first release soon?

#1467 5 years ago

Game looks great with that art package. Christopher Franchi is amazing! I will be welcoming that game to my collection very soon. It wont be long now.

#1468 5 years ago

Everybody Love Everybody

Cut back on the hate gentlemen. It looks like a fun game. Will it be priced too high? Maybe. But most new pins are priced too high anyways. Even the people talking bad about this pin would not pass up the opportunity to play it if they saw it out in the wild. Take a breath people.
ele (resized).jpgele (resized).jpg

#1469 5 years ago

It’s probably been been mentioned already, the game will contain a portion of each track but not the complete songs due to copyright.
The Beatles collectors probably won’t care, pinheads who love Beatles may FYI.

#1470 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

It’s probably been been mentioned already, the game will contain a portion of each track but not the complete songs due to copyright.

Where did you see this?

#1471 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Everybody Love Everybody
Cut back on the hate gentlemen. It looks like a fun game. Will it be priced too high? Maybe. But most new pins are priced too high anyways. Even the people talking bad about this pin would not pass up the opportunity to play it if they saw it out in the wild. Take a breath people.
[quoted image]

https://i.imgflip.com/8v5o.jpg

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#1472 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

If this ends up being true you may have it backwards. Beatles fans and actual fans of the music will care if it’s 15 second clips and pinball players won’t care if it shoots well.

#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love when people say stuff like this.
"Hey is there a chance that everything we've seen and heard so far about this game turns out to be completely wrong and the game is actually radically different than the machine they've literally revealed and we've all seen with our naked eyes and processed with our brains and is in fact in real life going to be the exact game I imagined in my head????"
Uhhh...yeah sure, I guess there's always a chance! I will say I admire the fact that Pinsiders never give up hope. It's the kind of optimism we need in these dark times.

Hey, I didnt say the revealed game was not going to be released. Just conjecturing that Beatles are a big enough phenomenon and have a fan base to support 2 designs and releases. Have a nice rest of this thread. Beatlemania and mop tops are not my thing.

#1474 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If this ends up being true you may have it backwards. Beatles fans and actual fans of the music will care if it’s 15 second clips and pinball players won’t care if it shoots well.

Even if stern was told this too, I bet they went 8 full songs as opposed to more songs, but clips only.

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Even if stern was told this too, I bet they went 8 full songs as opposed to more songs, but clips only.

Not sure I’m following you on saying 8 full songs but clips only? You thinking they are chopped up throughout the game playing different segments at different times?

#1476 5 years ago

Thinking about the pops and the 1-9-6-4 drop target thing.

On Seawitch, there are 4 ways to the pops.

1) Upper left flipper will get you to the pops. Not hard to do on the launch ball.

2) The lower left will get you past the 4 drops in mid-play field. Come up on the right side. This is a good way to get there, but assessing #1 drop target is a challenge from lower left.

3) Lower right flipper will bring you up the left and into the pops area.

The 3 pops on Seawitch are very active and I knock down alot of the 1-9-6-4 drops via pops action as opposed to direct hits with the ball. It is pop luck as to what you knock down first.

4) The 4th way in is up top. Where the magnet is located on The Beatles; On Seawitch it is a star rollover. Getting the ball to stop midway up the orbit happens on Seawitch, but not frequently. So, the opening up top is the 4th way in to the pops. And Stern put a magnet there. Somehow, that magnet is going to change the game.

So, in some way, you have to activate the magnet and then make the right hit to get the ball into the orbit. The orbit shots are not easy and the lefthand/clockwise orbit is easier to achieve than the righthand/counterclockwise shot at the spinner.

Assume the magnet is timed. Now you have to get the ball into the orbit within the time limit. Once the magnet catches your ball and drops into the pops area maybe you will have a chance at 1-9-6-4.

I make no pretense of knowing how this is going to work but you all will be working your butts off to get that 1-9-6-4 down in order.

I'm no pinball wizard but my skills have improved over the last couple of years and Seawitch can get a little bit blah once in awhile with the only objective being to keep knocking down 11 drops over and over. But does not mean she is for sale. All I'm saying is that with the rules on The Beatles pins I think you will find a simple one-level play field to be quite a challenge to play.

#1477 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure I’m following you on saying 8 full songs but clips only? You thinking they are chopped up throughout the game playing different segments at different times?

The full songs are not impossible, they are just more expensive. So I’m guessing they opted to pay more and get the full songs as opposed to paying the same amount of money for more songs but only be able to use 15 second clips.

PURE GUESS.

#1478 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

we need to see how it plays , not a fan of the theme but its obvious to me that it has already drawn a lot of attention

#1479 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Simply can’t wait for the Hitler video for this one.

this is the best I could come up with

http://captiongenerator.com/1152442/Beatles-Pinball-

hitlerreacts (resized).jpghitlerreacts (resized).jpg

#1480 5 years ago

Cousin Brucie could make the game interesting
or drive players nuts

Looking forward to seeing how its all integrated.

#1481 5 years ago

Beatles ..? Beatles ..?
Isn’t that the guy from Wings ?!

#1482 5 years ago

Latest pictures Stern posted look great. I actually think this will be an awesome fun game.

#1483 5 years ago

If it's true that a Diamond version is 50k, I think it's a smart marketing strategy from Stern's point of view. Pricing is all about pereception and they're simply raising the bar for sticker shock for pinball machines to get consumers comfortable with paying 8,10, 12 and 15k for pins someday.

#1484 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

If it's true that a Diamond version is 50k, I think it's a smart marketing strategy from Stern's point of view. Pricing is all about pereception and they're simply raising the bar for sticker shock for pinball machines to get consumers comfortable with paying 8,10, 12 and 15k for pins someday.

From what I understand the diamond edition is whatever the distributor wants to charge for it. Same with the platinum.

#1485 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Dude, just chill out. This is an internet forum where people voice their opinion. How dare they? Give me a break.

There's another Monday morning quarterback.......

#1486 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Half of the production will most likely export out of the country so we’ve been told.
Thus leaving only 50 Diamonds, 125 Platniums and 807 Gold Editions here in the US.
I’m looking forward to playing it simply because I’ve always loved Seawitch. Rip the tide baby!

You gotta love it. First, we go "it will never sell" to "oh shit" half of them are going for export. There is going to be a shortage in the U.S.

#1487 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

From what I understand the diamond edition is whatever the distributor wants to charge for it. Same with the platinum.

if that's the case, then I see people sitting back and watching the the prices drop. I can't see someone putting down a deposit on a $50K game only to find out that another distributor is selling the very same game for 40-45K. this isn't the same as the supreme pin since stern is producing a total of 10x the number of these machines

add to this that there hasn't been any apparent differences mentioned or listed between the diamond, platinum or gold editions (other than the x/100 plaque on the diamond), so there really is no justification for anyone to spend the additional 18 or 33K other than bragging rights. maybe I'm missing something here, but even if it is perception, there needs to be some added perceived value

now, if there were original, hand autographed pieces of sheet music associated with each of the 100 diamond editions, that might be something

#1488 5 years ago

Do we still not have a “suggested” price for the Diamond and Platinum versions? I have seen different numbers floating around.

It’s like Stern wants the distributors to look like the bad guys because these choose the price. Strange.

#1489 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Do we still not have the price for the Diamond and Platinum versions? I have seen different numbers floating around.

Word is, the distributors take the machines in blocks of 10 with a few of each machine in that block, and the Diamond/Platinum pricing is at the distributors discretion. Gold pricing is the only one set by Stern. One distributor quoted a pinsider $20k for a Diamond.

#1490 5 years ago

without naming names, I was quoted $7,600 for the gold, $25K for the platinum and $50K for the diamond (obviously, this distributor is attempting to maximum their profits

#1491 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

without naming names, I was quoted $7,600 for the gold, $25K for the platinum and $50K for the diamond (obviously, this distributor is attempting to maximum their profits

Hilarious

#1492 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

If this is true ?????????????????????????

the worst sad state of affairs for Stern'

Most dumbass poisonous marketing idea of ALL TIME !

Fucking unforgivable !

Price the the game at each level ! and be realistic please !

Dead set, I have had a gutfull of some of the crazy bullshit in this hobby !

#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

How much for a coin door?

#1494 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Hype Hype, HYPE HYPE HYPE.

And people think I am a schill... lol... this guy actually makes money off the sale of these games. Pretty despicable that he only comes around here with this BS.

#1495 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

this is the best I could come up with
http://captiongenerator.com/1152442/Beatles-Pinball-
[quoted image]

The “don’t cry Lyman saved the day” genuinely cracked me up

#1496 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

The gold edition won't have spinners, the drop targets will be replaced by stand-up targets, and won't include the left upper flipper. The magnet in the spinning disk will also be eliminated.

What the fuck you want for $7,600???

#1497 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

If this is true ?????????????????????????
the worst sad state of affairs for Stern'
Most dumbass poisonous marketing idea of ALL TIME !
Fucking unforgivable !
Price the the game at each level ! and be realistic please !
Dead set, I have had a gutfull of some of the crazy bullshit in this hobby !

Actually stern makes the exact same amount for each Beatles pin no matter the trim level. It's the distros that get to cash in for once.

#1498 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Actually stern makes the exact same amount for each Beatles pin no matter the trim level. It's the distros that get to cash in for once.

Have you heard that from Stern or a distro jgentry ?

#1499 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

There is no way this is true

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you heard that from Stern or a distro jgentry ?

All mostly rumors but stern allows them to buy the golds for 7k each one at a time. Or they can buy a 10 pack with 7 golds, 2 platinums, and 1 diamond for 70k. That is the only way to get a diamond or platinum.

So unless you just have money to waste I'd recommend waiting if you want a diamond or platinum as there will better deals to be had if the dealers have to set on them a little.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/30?hl=dragon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.