(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 76.
#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That would only depend on the licensor and their agreements with the misicians, not JJP.
LTG : )

Wow.....you completely missed the joke on that one.

#1353 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That would only depend on the licensor and their agreements with the misicians, not JJP.
LTG : )

Wow......you totally missed the joke on that one.

#1354 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not an apologist,your bitchin has gotten old dude,let it ride

I don’t take lip from Evansville.

#1355 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I don’t take lip from Evansville.

Hoosiers gotta stick together fellas. All you need is Love.

#1356 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hoosiers gotta stick together fellas. All you need is Love.

That's another thread you are thinking about, but if you read too many they start to look the same...

Brad

#1357 5 years ago

Is the gold pricing of $7500 accurate or is this still rumor?

That’s tough, I think I’d be in at $6500 but have a hard time justifying going up to $7500.

Hopefully a rumor as I kind of like what I see so far.

#1358 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is the gold pricing of $7500 accurate or is this still rumor?
That’s tough, I think I’d be in at $6500 but have a hard time justifying going up to $7500.
Hopefully a rumor as I kind of like what I see so far.

I think it’s gonna be 8k. Rumor as well, but 7.5 is absolutely the lowest i would expect to see it.

#1359 5 years ago

My question is, will the gameplay features in the gold edition be the same as in the promo video ? All Drops, 2 spinners, the upper magnet, the spinning disc with a magnet in the middle ? If yes, I'll have to see the artpackage, if no it won't make sense to buy this machine for the rumored price.
What I think about playbility: I expect that this new machine is playing brilliant, as most new sterns do, way better than seawitch.
To me PotC is the first JJP that plays as good as a stern ...

#1360 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

How about a Beatles toilet seat for $79 ?[quoted image][quoted image]

They misspelled “doo”.

#1361 5 years ago

Funny, with all the complaining regarding price I have not seen the "Price Police"

#1362 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it’s gonna be 8k. Rumor as well, but 7.5 is absolutely the lowest i would expect to see it.

I feel like they are walking a tightrope with the gold pricing if all rumors are true.

I have a hard time seeing these selling at 7.5-8k but at 6.5k I see them selling without issue.

Looking forward to an official announcement with all the details.

#1363 5 years ago

From what I understand the Youtube video and pics we have seen may have been of the Gold Edition.

#1364 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

From what I understand the Youtube video and pics we have seen may have been of the Gold Edition.

How do you come to this conclusion, with the video showing art blades and a "diamond Edition" plaque & sticker?

#1365 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

How do you come to this conclusion, with the video showing art blades and a "diamond Edition" plaque & sticker?

When you are a distributor and you talk to the manufacturer.

#1366 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

When you are a distributor and you talk to the manufacturer.

Ok, that is some info I was lacking.

I still kinda doubt that (why show a video of the Gold Edition with that Diamond Edition Sticker & Plaque?), but it kinda makes sense and additionally I'd never have thought they seriously make this a Seawitch Remaster either. (Plus I happily turn out to be wrong.)

So, yeah... would be nice if the 'smallest' Version would have some art blades and stuff.
But then I'm intrigued what Platinum & Diamond Editions will additionally offer to the customer.

#1367 5 years ago

Am I missing something special about this game? My first impression is that it's horribly disappointing but I haven't followed all the speculation. Is there something other than scarcity and the license that makes this worthwhile?

#1368 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Am I missing something special about this game? My first impression is that it's horribly disappointing but I haven't followed all the speculation. Is there something other than scarcity and the license that makes this worthwhile?

I guess if you really want to play a Seawitch with new features?

#1369 5 years ago

It would be cool if held the R flipper upon power up that it would boot into old school Seawitch

#1370 5 years ago

This thing looks horrible, I don't care what code....
Few people that said they would buy it probably have not been on pinside since the announcement! There is no investment value in pinball, come one guys, you all know better!
Honesty, if I was that big of a Beatles fan that I would buy it regardless AND I was a pinside member, I would NOT put it on my collection, if I bought it. Just like my ex wife.

#1371 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It would be cool if held the R flipper upon power up that it would boot into old school Seawitch

That would be easy enough to do. Block the super stand up target behind the lower left drops. Kill the magnets. Shop the spinning record.

I am wanting to see how this ramp shot works that replaces the metal flap gate on old Seawitch. I'd like to buy the ramp and try a retrofit and hope it would not crack my play field glass.

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'd like to buy the ramp and try a retrofit and hope it would not crack my play field glass.

Tables like Whitewater and Comet, the ball hits the glass 50+ times per game and I've never seen one break the glass.

#1373 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Tables like Whitewater and Comet, the ball hits the glass 50+ times per game and I've never seen one break the glass.

Silver slugger was actually designed for the ball to smack the glass on every launch, to simulate the crack of the bat.

Admittedly kind of a dumb idea. Ops freaked so the games were fitted with a
Cover at top of shooter lane so this didn’t happen.

#1374 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Is there any chance there will be a companion machine based on late Beatles? 1969 units with Abbey Road tracks? I would prefer that, or a machine based totally on the Yellow Submarine film. Sigh.
[quoted image]

This is what I was hoping for.

#1375 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Funny, with all the complaining regarding price I have not seen the "Price Police"

CBF54C47-2209-4B94-A419-9A37B69E279B (resized).jpegCBF54C47-2209-4B94-A419-9A37B69E279B (resized).jpeg
#1376 5 years ago

Between this and the AP Octoberfest themed pin, we've hit a lull in my interest and I'm sure a few other people's as well across these two upcoming titles. Won't have to worry about breaking the bank or running out of room to buy these two

#1377 5 years ago

Just read the latest twip post and get the impression the song clips for the 5-8 songs are very limited in length. Possibly only 15 second loops.

This seems really ridiculous if true.

#1378 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just read the latest twip post and get the impression the song clips for the 5-8 songs are very limited in length. Possibly only 15 second loops.

Wow, yeah that would be pretty terrible.

15 second loops of "It won't be long, yeah, yeah, yeah" will drive people nuts, lol.

#1379 5 years ago

That would be a death blow to the sale of this game. I really hope that is not happening.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, yeah that would be pretty terrible.
15 second loops of "It won't be long, yeah, yeah, yeah" will drive people nuts, lol.

#1380 5 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Between this and the AP Octoberfest themed pin, we've hit a lull in my interest and I'm sure a few other people's as well across these two upcoming titles.

A lull of interest?!

There's like 10 thriving threads on pinside for both.

#1381 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Is there any chance there will be a companion machine based on late Beatles? 1969 units with Abbey Road tracks? I would prefer that, or a machine based totally on the Yellow Submarine film.
[quoted image]

I love when people say stuff like this.

"Hey is there a chance that everything we've seen and heard so far about this game turns out to be completely wrong and the game is actually radically different than the machine they've literally revealed and we've all seen with our naked eyes and processed with our brains and is in fact in real life going to be the exact game I imagined in my head????"

Uhhh...yeah sure, I guess there's always a chance! I will say I admire the fact that Pinsiders never give up hope. It's the kind of optimism we need in these dark times.

#1382 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's the kind of optimism we need in these dark times.

If this is dark times I would hate to see if they really turn off the lights

#1383 5 years ago

So, Gold at $7500.

Diamond, Platinum at distributor discretion?

Only differences are artwork?

Can't help thinking the Diamond and Platinum are a sleight of hand.

fashion-shop-shopping-shoppers-clothes-shop_assistant-dpan3299_low (resized).jpgfashion-shop-shopping-shoppers-clothes-shop_assistant-dpan3299_low (resized).jpg
#1384 5 years ago

how has hitler not chimed in yet?

#1385 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Remember, that article only cites other people's attempts at licensing - not necessarily representative of what stern/kapow has done.

#1386 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

how has hitler not chimed in yet?

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that everybody was sick of the Hitler videos five years ago?

#1387 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that everybody was sick of the Hitler videos five years ago?

Don't make me rick-roll you, bro........

#1388 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

maybe you didnt see the one from the "imamaculate baywatch" thread, some of the funniest stuff on this site in years

#1389 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Not going to happen cause then Stern cannot release a Seawitch vault down the road.

#1390 5 years ago

Eight songs, and here is a high res image of the playfield and Diamond cab

45011699_2082365655160042_5912094715703984128_n (resized).jpg45011699_2082365655160042_5912094715703984128_n (resized).jpgBeatles-Diamond-Playfield.jpgBeatles-Diamond-Playfield.jpg

Beatles-Diamond-Cabinet-LF sm.jpgBeatles-Diamond-Cabinet-LF sm.jpg
#1391 5 years ago

Nice non coin door

#1392 5 years ago

Looks like indeed no coin door!

Or a coin door...with no mechs.

Great additional songs, three of their biggest megahits!

Song choices are good - 6 megahits and 2 deeper cuts that haven't been played to death.

#1393 5 years ago

I've heard that the pin will come with a coin door that only accepts credit cards. it will cost $2 a play and $1 of that goes to the royalty fee that stern/ka-pow had to pay and politely pass that cost onto the buyer.

in the home environment, you will also be required to purchase the additional new ster-pow cable service and dedicate router so that payment of said royalties are deposited into the scrooge mcduck type vaults of gary and joe

#1394 5 years ago

I'll say it again: game looks fun.

#1395 5 years ago

I like the songs and the art package.

It all comes down to price, big difference between 6.5k and 8k for this type of game.

#1396 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'll say it again: game looks fun.

Of course it does. Gonna be a great game to play.

#1397 5 years ago

wonder how the animations are gonna look, hopefully they have some ability to make some cool stuff and not be handcuffed by the license

#1398 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I like the songs and the art package.
It all comes down to price, big differen :thinking:ce between 6.5k and 8k for this type of game.

Stern saw what TNA looked like and said well shit, if they can do it, we can too... High $$$ and not much going on. I would rather have a standard MBR for 6k. Comeon guys, am i missing something?

#1399 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've heard that the pin will come with a coin door that only accepts credit cards. it will cost $2 a play and $1 of that goes to the royalty fee that stern/ka-pow had to pay and politely pass that cost onto the buyer.
in the home environment, you will also be required to purchase the additional new ster-pow cable service and dedicate router so that payment of said royalties are deposited into the scrooge mcduck type vaults of gary and joe

Lol, I could see that happening. Sounds like how Golden Tee online already works, haha.

#1400 5 years ago

Looks like Hard Days Night may be a wizard mode, zooming in on the instruction card it reads:

A Hard Days Night: Finish all 5 songs for a 4 ball multi-ball

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 1.47.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-29 at 1.47.47 PM.png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,282 (OBO)
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/28?hl=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.