(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 76.
#1301 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I doubt they a sell a few hundred of these

Stern should have made just 64 total and then something would be rare and people fighting over them. But 1964 is not rare at all.

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just said the same thing to Whodey.

#1303 5 years ago

Least all models have a coin door.

Be interesting to see how they earn on location.

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Would Stern ever lower the price? Cue the laughing image again.

#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Would Stern ever lower the price? Cue the laughing image again.

The chickens are coming home to roost on this one DC.

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The chickens are coming home to roost on this one DC.

Is it sad that deep down I hope Deeproot is successful and puts a hurting on the present pinball industry?

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

last one i played the batmobile flew off, the spinning disc flew off. what else? the flapping plastic flew off.
the code really sucked. joker just kept looping and looping. so 2 years later its a great game?

so 3 downvotes cause the bm66 i played fell apart? i am happy they turned this game around gonna head to rock fantasy this weekend and play it. congrats i didnt even think it was possible.

now for this beatles pin i cant believe they are gonna ask 50k for a diamond edition. i guess there are some big pinball whales out there.

#1308 5 years ago

The Batmobile lost a wheel and the Joker got away?

#1309 5 years ago

Stern hired a crappy artist. Paul does not look like Paul at all. Ringo is a bit of a stretch, also. George would pass and maybe John. But toss each individual pic in front of me and I would not know that is supposed to be Paul. Crappy renditions.

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 7.49.10 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-10-26 at 7.49.10 PM (resized).png

beatles1963_2467618b (resized).jpgbeatles1963_2467618b (resized).jpg

I'm a big Beatles fan. I used to sit there and look at the pics in the albums all the time. It may be hard to believe today but it took us a bit to figure out who was who on the first album cover.

R-5550107-1464533650-6514.jpeg (resized).jpgR-5550107-1464533650-6514.jpeg (resized).jpg
++++++++++++

Some teenage girls might have decorated their room in these garish colors. I lived in the 60s. We did a lot of weird shit but we were not bathed in these atrocious color combinations.

The colors remind me of the Apple Flower Power iMac.

Apple_iMac_G3_Flowerpower_rear_view (resized).jpgApple_iMac_G3_Flowerpower_rear_view (resized).jpg

This is a more accurate color palette. But most of us just wore blue jeans.

574dc0660e2163457507bf00sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-band_site1 (resized).jpeg574dc0660e2163457507bf00sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-band_site1 (resized).jpeg

Some of you mentioned a black and white pin. I could go for that. Kind if like Centaur.

But it is not for me to tell Stern how to do its business.

I own a Seawitch so I don't need one of these but I would like to play one. I'm betting it will be fun to play. Seawitch is rather simple; Knock down 11 drop targets then do it again. This one has a few extra tricks, like multi-ball. I don't care for the spinning record but everything else looks good, to me.

30-40 years ago, General Motors was selling a vehicle called a Suburban. It was a work-day Joe kind of utility vehicle at a price that Joe could afford. Then GM got wind that the upscale monied crowd had taken a liking to the Suburban, so it was blinged up and the sales prices were boosted. Work-day Joe had to go find something different that he could afford to drive.

Anybody of my generation knows what a pinball machine is. But only a small part was attracted enough to shovel their money into a pinball machine. For instance, a 24 lane bowling alley could be loaded up with a ball rolling down every lane and the pins would be up somewhere sitting in attract mode.

There are a lot of people of my generation who loved/love The Beatles. And they have done well for themselves and have money to burn (I am not one of them). They will buy this for the novelty of it. To show off to their friends. And since the Seawitch platform is one that a complete novice can keep the ball on the play field for some decent action this new Seawitch just might attract some new people to the hobby.

You all can bitch about Stern this and Stern that, but I'm betting these will sell.

About all of those songs you want. I'm betting those songs are not cheap. McCartney only recently got ownership of his songs back. I'm guessing he was not willing to sell them cheap.

I mean, if you want some music on while you are playing your pin go get a boom box.

#1310 5 years ago

So - 8 songs? What are the mystery 3?

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

As were the Beatles.
All the alpha males were into the Stones

Its a real burden sometimes.....

#1312 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

In the "Topic Poll" just up here 31 will buy the Pinball, 59 maybe will, and 397 said NO!...

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I was quoted

Let the games begin...

#1314 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I was quoted

Better get your "why I'm worthy" videos ready in order to buy the Diamond Edition. Just ridiculous pricing, absolutely insane across the board. The sad thing is that for $8k the gold edition won't even come with art blades...

Here I was thinking that maybe Stern would come out with the gold edition at $5k-$6k but I guess...

fdfdf (resized).pngfdfdf (resized).png

#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Better get your "why I'm worthy" videos ready in order to buy the Diamond Edition. Just ridiculous pricing, absolutely insane across the board. The sad thing is that for $8k the gold edition won't even come with art blades...
Here I was thinking that maybe Stern would come out with the gold edition at $5k-$6k but I guess...
[quoted image]

I can’t imagine what JJP would have been charging. And then the year or two wait to get it, only to find the spinning 45 with magnet has been pulled

#1316 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So - 8 songs? What are the mystery 3?

As the source material has been determined to be ready steady go recordings of 1964, all 8 songs including the extra 3 should be among the 15 listed here. I hope it includes Mr Postman, because Ringo is such a good dancer.

Oddly four songs listed on playfield are not shown on disc - drive my car, all my loving, ticket to ride, I should have known better.

86652059-D54E-42A0-B5DA-CA0EDBB38B55 (resized).png86652059-D54E-42A0-B5DA-CA0EDBB38B55 (resized).png

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

In the "Topic Poll" just up here 31 will buy the Pinball, 59 maybe will, and 397 said NO!...

How can I change my vote from NO to HELL NO!?

I am going to change how I sell games. If potential buyer shows a Beatles or BM66SLE in their collection and they are offering $1 below ask, I won’t accept. Obviously have no idea about the value of money or the stupidity in paying an insane price for a leisure toy. Will I buy the Honda Accord for the Ferrari price? Sure, I have no idea what money is.

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I can’t imagine what JJP would have been charging. And then the year or two wait to get it, only to find the spinning 45 with magnet has been pulled

Probably $8k - $10k and it would have triple the amount of features, be a new design, have better build quality, and far deeper code. Why wait though for something as cool as that when you can have such a basic rethemed game for twice as much by the end of the year! Lol.

#1319 5 years ago

How did you determine all of the songs came from the ready steady go recordings of 1964?

According to wiki:

all my lovin - with the beatles (1963)
it won't be long - with the beatles (1963)
i should have know better -hard days night(1964)
ticket to ride - Help! (1965)
drive my car - rubber soul (1965)

these are the songs on ready steady go:
https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-The-Beatles-Live-Ready-Steady-Go-Special-Edition/release/4070784

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

As the source material has been determined to be ready steady go recordings of 1964, all 8 songs including the extra 3 should be among the 15 listed here. I hope it includes Mr Postman, because Ringo is such a good dancer.
Oddly four songs listed on playfield are not shown on disc - drive my car, all my loving, ticket to ride, I should have known better.
[quoted image]

#1320 5 years ago

I love the idea of a Classic Stern (Seawitch) with modes (and with clear coat). If one shows up on location, I will most certainly play it.

#1321 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I mean, if you want some music on while you are playing your pin go get a boom box.

That makes so much sense. Pay 10K for a toy and just play music to make up for what the pin is lacking. Let’s tell Stern to add that to their marketing so they can sell out.

#1322 5 years ago

I am fine with the art and the fact that this game is classic old Skool. I am just having a problem with the money they will charge and the limited number.

#1323 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am just having a problem with the money they will charge and the limited number.

Limited number is good.

I paid $5200 for my TRON LE new-in-box and now it's worth 2x that; because they only made 400 of them.

So a limited number of Beatles pins **should** keep the value high, and that's very important on a game that you will cost as much as a new car.

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

That makes so much sense. Pay 10K for a toy and just play music to make up for what the pin is lacking. Let’s tell Stern to add that to their marketing so they can sell out.

How do you know it is going to priced at 10K?

How do you know the pin will be lacking until you play it and then can make an informed decision instead of just blowing smoke?

I see all kinds of prices getting tossed around here. Are any prices guesses based on facts that no one is sharing?

How much is Sir Paul charging Stern for each song on the menu? Any ideas how much that music is costing? You can bet Sir Paul does not need the money. He sure does not need the exposure. Do you think he is giving that music away after he spent so much to regain ownership after 50 years?

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Limited number is good.
I paid $5200 for my TRON LE new-in-box and now it's worth 2x that; because they only made 400 of them.
So a limited number of Beatles pins **should** keep the value high, and that's very important on a game that you will cost as much as a new car.

There is not a straight line through rarity to desirability to value. You of all people should know that.

Mafia, anyone? Another simple pin, 10x rarer than the diamond Beatles and I don't know of one that's sold at the $10k they're asking, let alone going UP in value.

For every one low-production pin that unexpectedly hits and goes up in price a lot, there are probably 5 or more low-production/rare pins that languish or go down in price.

This "it'll be an investment" promotion from Stern is a sucker's bet, especially since the machine is so basic and low-tech (not to mention ugly).

#1326 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Limited number is good.

I don’t buy pins for an investment. I am not obsessed with having something rare or something others cannot afford. My love for this hobby is simple.......I love the fun, I love the community and I love the creativity involved with this hobby. I get what Stern is doing and I wouldn’t say I disagree with it from a business perspective, but as a Stern fan, as a pinball fan, who loves the Beatles, I wanted to own this. Hopefully I can get a used one for less.

#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I don’t buy pins for an investment. I am not obsessed with having something rare or something others cannot afford. My love for this hobby is simple.......I love the fun, I love the community and I love the creativity involved with this hobby. I get what Stern is doing and I wouldn’t say I disagree with it from a business perspective, but as a Stern fan, as a pinball fan, who loves the Beatles, I wanted to own this. Hopefully I can get a used one for less.

Pretty sure you'll be able to get a used Gold for a LOT less in a few years. That said, we still don't know if the Gold is stripped down from the Diamond they showed in the promo.

We still need to see the screen and how deep/fun the software is, but I'm not expecting a lot. Stern, surprise me!

#1328 5 years ago

Joe said you guys are going to want to buy 2 of these pins, one to play and one to leave in an unopened box for the collector value.

So if everybody buys 2 pins, that makes them 2x as rare, because there are only 1/2 as many on the open market.

It's simple math.

#1329 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Joe said you guys are going to want to buy 2 of these pins, one to play and one to leave in an unopened box for the collector value.
So if everybody buys 2 pins, that makes them 2x as rare, because there are only 1/2 as many on the open market.
It's simple math.

And an enormous, extremely unlikely "IF" for simple people.

simple-jack2 (resized).jpgsimple-jack2 (resized).jpg
#1330 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Probably $8k - $10k and it would have triple the amount of features, be a new design, have better build quality, and far deeper code. Why wait though for something as cool as that when you can have such a basic rethemed game for twice as much by the end of the year! Lol.

No, that's their normal price range.

#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Oh for Christ sake move on dude

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh for Christ sake move on dude

We got us a JJP apologist here!

#1333 5 years ago

Also, the JJP version wouldn't have any footage of the Beatles, or any of their songs!

However, to compensate, they'd hire Micky Dolenz to do the call-outs!

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

too slow for a pin.

What, no "while my guitar gently weeps"? LOL

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There is not a straight line through rarity to desirability to value. You of all people should know that.
Mafia, anyone? Another simple pin, 10x rarer than the diamond Beatles and I don't know of one that's sold at the $10k they're asking, let alone going UP in value.
For every one low-production pin that unexpectedly hits and goes up in price a lot, there are probably 5 or more low-production/rare pins that languish or go down in price.
This "it'll be an investment" promotion from Stern is a sucker's bet, especially since the machine is so basic and low-tech (not to mention ugly).

First off Mafia was 7,500 (first 100) or 9k for the first 10. How do you Know it won't increase in value as they just starting selling them recently?? I think they said the same about MM, CV, and a few others and wow did the market say otherwise. Yes Mafia sucked on every level (to me) but I don't think we can forecast its long term value just yet??

#1336 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

First off Mafia was 7,500 (first 100) or 9k for the first 10. How do you Know it won't increase in value as they just starting selling them recently?? I think they said the same about MM, CV, and a few others and wow did the market say otherwise. Yes Mafia sucked on every level (to me) but I don't think we can forecast its long term value just yet??

I haven't heard of a single Mafia being sold in the US. So as far as anyone knows, it's still at the $9,000 (I heard $10k, but whatever) level. There's plenty of historical data on low run machines where the demand and value increase never materialized because desirability never happened post-honeymoon.

And with 1614 Beatles machines in addition to the LE and Diamond, this Beatles machine is not exactly rare. Also, KISS fanbase did not support the LEs - they were/are around still NIB. WWE fanbase did not support the WWE pin - at ALL. Just because there's a fanbase for the entertainment product doesn't mean that fanbase likes or can afford a pinball machine.

This Stern/KaPow "buy it because it'll be rare" PR is ridiculous. ~2000 pins is not a rare run.

#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Also, the JJP version wouldn't have any footage of the Beatles, or any of their songs!
However, to compensate, they'd hire Micky Dolenz to do the call-outs!

That would still be better then whoever did those terrible Walking Dead callouts! We can go at this all day, lol

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just because there's a fanbase for the entertainment product doesn't mean that fanbase likes or can afford a pinball machine.

Exactly.

It's not like WWE fans have $7,000 sitting around for for a pin.

They can barely afford the Boost refill cards for their cellphones.

5915388521_9ce940f731_b (resized).jpg5915388521_9ce940f731_b (resized).jpg
#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That would still be better then whoever did those terrible Walking Dead callouts! We can go at this all day, lol

Thank God for the Pinball Browser!

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That would only depend on the licensor and their agreements with the misicians, not JJP.

LTG : )

#1341 5 years ago

By "the promo" I assume you are talking the 56 second you tube video that shows very little and leaves all kinds of room for rampant speculation.

Price? We don't know.

Back box style? We don't know.

Trim package? Gold plating? Grained stainless? Chrome?

Actually, all we know is that is based on Seawitch and has some funky colors. But that is just a vid. The real deal might be something else on the color palette. But the colors we see have gotten every bodies attention. There is a saying in the entertainment industry that the only bad publicity is no publicity. Judging be the action on this pinside thread, Stern has succeeded in generating publicity.

For those who are getting their knickers in a knot over the pricing, check this out. You think Stern is bending you over with its prices? Check this out?

I can buy a Honey Pie shirt for the bargain price of only $136.00.

Clearly, Paul and The Beatles Store has been taking pricing lessons from Apple.

https://thebeatlesstore.com/collections/apparel/products/honey-pie-shirt

Or I can buy a Beatles White Album denim jacket for just $175.00.

https://thebeatlesstore.com/collections/apparel/products/white-album-blue-levis-denim-jacket

For a mere $70.00 I can buy a pair of Yellow Submarine book ends.

https://thebeatlesstore.com/collections/collectibles/products/limited-edition-yellow-submarine-sculpted-ceramic-bookends

Oooooor, I can get a Revolution Hat for $64.00. I'll can put that on and feel young again.

https://thebeatlesstore.com/collections/new-additions/products/revolution-hat

#1342 5 years ago

I wonder if Stern will require distributors to purchase a certain amount of these games?

Is that really a thing?

#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For those who are getting their knickers in a knot over the pricing, check this out. You think Stern is bending you over with its prices? Check this out?

I can buy a Honey Pie shirt for the bargain price of only $136.00.

How about a Beatles toilet seat for $79 ?

0b917d62b100262ab5275b3d0485781a (resized).jpg0b917d62b100262ab5275b3d0485781a (resized).jpg41sbqaDw1tL (resized).jpg41sbqaDw1tL (resized).jpg
#1344 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
It's not like WWE fans have $7,000 sitting around for for a pin.
They can barely afford the Boost refill cards for their cellphones.[quoted image]

Glad you said it. I ALMOST did, then I thought my similar jab was too mean.

#1345 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

We got us a JJP apologist here!

Not an apologist,your bitchin has gotten old dude,let it ride

#1346 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

By "the promo" I assume you are talking the 56 second you tube video that shows very little and leaves all kinds of room for rampant speculation.
Price? We don't know.

KaPow, so too much. We know that from the first bad trip.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Back box style? We don't know.

If you weren't paying attention YOU might not know, but it's in the promo. It's spike. The aspect ratio of the art and the video clip from the spike screen at the end of the promo gives it away.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Trim package? Gold plating? Grained stainless? Chrome?

Don't care. You can put a super fancy gilded bow on a runny turd and you'll still have a mess. Whatever the trim, the art, artblades, and backglass are not in any way premium.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Actually, all we know is that is based on Seawitch and has some funky colors. But that is just a vid. The real deal might be something else on the color palette. But the colors we see have gotten every bodies attention. There is a saying in the entertainment industry that the only bad publicity is no publicity. Judging be the action on this pinside thread, Stern has succeeded in generating publicity.

They're so confident in their publicity they locked comments for the promo video. That does NOT indicate confidence.

#1347 5 years ago

Interesting pricing structure. At $7599, it’s not as bad as I thought, although it’s bad for what the game is. I like how Stern will allow the distributors to set the pricing for diamond. I think customers who continuously sign up to buy LE’s should be rewarded. Heck, god knows I would never buy an LE.

#1348 5 years ago

Is there any chance there will be a companion machine based on late Beatles? 1969 units with Abbey Road tracks? I would prefer that, or a machine based totally on the Yellow Submarine film. Sigh.

yellow-submarine-review (resized).jpgyellow-submarine-review (resized).jpg
#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Is there any chance there will be a companion machine based on late Beatles? 1969 units with Abbey Road tracks? I would prefer that, or a machine based totally on the Yellow Submarine film. Sigh.
[quoted image]

No

#1350 5 years ago

I didn’t see a place to vote that reads “Stern saw you coming”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/27?hl=normscoffee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.