(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 76.
#1251 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

would you be shocked to find stern didnt pay for those songs?

No, but I’d be shocked if Beatles Inc. let one be made and sold that didn’t include them.

#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Sven, don’t bother. The hardcore metal heads and big alt/grunge rock guys and Korn lovers etc. never got it and never will. It’s amusing. I’d pity them for missing out, but they don’t give a shit so why should I?
Plenty of people in their 40’s know and love the Beatles. And many don’t. Same with every other generation. Although let’s face it, formative years in the 80’s and college in the 90’s? I do kinda feel for these folks.

That’s not fair dude! You know Ozzy is a huge Beatles fan. So are tons of metal heads. I love the Beatles bro.

Anybody who says the Beatles aren’t loved by a broad swath of music fans demographically is either trolling or ignorant.

#1253 5 years ago

The Lennon pic on the back glass is a little weird, but overall I like the art and art direction.

#1254 5 years ago

now they did a creative layout with Elvis... How they can let this game come out as a re skin is a total shame. So much more could have been done with this Title and they threw it out the window.

The Beatles pin is a total Joke!!!!!

#1256 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s not fair dude! You know Ozzy is a huge Beatles fan. So are tons of metal heads. I love the Beatles bro.
Anybody who says the Beatles aren’t loved by a broad swath of music fans demographically is either trolling or ignorant.

I didn’t explain myself very well there. I guess what I’m saying is that there are certain music fans that really only dig a certain genre, and pretty much disregard everything else.

I see it mostly with metal guys, but it’s not exclusive to them to be sure. But it is the type of person that would call the Beatles a beta Boy Band. Know what I mean?

#1257 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Absolutely.
The best way to look at it is:
IF YOU WERE AT THE LAST BEATLES CONCERT, YOU ARE AT LEAST 73 YEARS OLD RIGHT NOW.
-
-
-
-
(Pinsiders love to argue, but let's face it, the last real Beatles concert was in 1966 - well over a half century ago)

Hmmm. Maybe you need to learn math. 1966 is not well past a half century... 2 years??
How do you think you would be at least 73 years old ?? Lots of teens would have gone to the concert.

#1258 5 years ago

I'd like to see Deadflip do a "from the factory" stream on this.

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Absolutely.
The best way to look at it is:
IF YOU WERE AT THE LAST BEATLES CONCERT, YOU ARE AT LEAST 73 YEARS OLD RIGHT NOW.
-
-
-
-
(Pinsiders love to argue, but let's face it, the last real Beatles concert was in 1966 - well over a half century ago)

How about if your parents brought you to see the Beatles when you were one week old in 1966? You’d be 52 and have some nice mental images.

#1260 5 years ago

I am curious about the correlation of age and if you like The Beatles music. I created a poll thread for that specific reason if you care to vote:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-your-age-range-and-do-you-like-the-beatles-band

#1261 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

now they did a creative layout with Elvis... How they can let this game come out as a re skin is a total shame. So much more could have been done with this Title and they threw it out the window.
The Beatles pin is a total Joke!!!!!

Remember... Elvis was done 'outside' when SRP was contracting to Stern... since Stern had basically laid off most of the design staff.

#1262 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I am curious about the correlation of age and if you like The Beatles music. I created a poll thread for that specific reason if you care to vote:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-your-age-range-and-do-you-like-the-beatles-band

Lost in such explict questioning is the fact most won't differentiate between 'being a fan' and 'appreciating a song'. Most people aren't beatles fans today.. there would be something else they probably have as their 'go to' music. That doesn't mean they don't like "Hey Jude", "Get Back", "Come Together", etc.

No I don't think most people under 60 would identify with the beatles being their favorite or even top 2 bands. But I think you'd be hard to find people who didn't recognize the songs and think they were good. Most of the population aren't into music enough to care about 'what came before' or 'what was impactful at the time' - but they still appreciate a good song, even if it's not one they seek out.

I doubt there are many who have never song along to Hey Jude at some point in their drinking life

#1263 5 years ago

A fireman who carries a picture of the queen in his wallet?

Very idealistic.

A mere 10 years latter and the kids would be singing "God save The Queen, she ain't no human being"

the-sex-pistols-standard-patch-god-save-the-queen (resized).jpgthe-sex-pistols-standard-patch-god-save-the-queen (resized).jpg
#1264 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Lets keep the thread on track folks. No personal badgering please.

Friday should be like Pinside's version of the purge. Anything goes, cool off over the weekend, back to proper etiquette on Monday.

#1265 5 years ago

Can't see owning this, but I'm guessing it would do well in a bar on location. Simple play, easy for the average person to pick up and play.

#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

think about it, all of the features that they added for this machine could have worked wonderfully with the original theme (the spinning disc would have made a cool whirlpool and the magnet at the top of the riptide loop, a kraken or some other deep sea creature to temporarily trap and capture your ball

Who's to say this so-called cash grab isn't step one in funding an affordable Seawitch 2.0? Should be cheap(er) with Beatles covering the playfield redesign costs.

#1267 5 years ago

Although let’s face it, formative years in the 80’s and college in the 90’s? I do kinda feel for these folks.

Hey, I resemble that remark! Escaped with relatively decent taste in music. Love '80s pop & metal, and very early '90s alternative, but I've blocked out the mid to late-'90s rap metal and Creed nightmares.

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Should be cheap(er) with Beatles covering the playfield redesign costs.

Oh I think it's leading g to classic sterns for sure... But cheaper? I doubt that.
Is a seawith worth 5600-5800? Not for me. Some other of the bigger titles maybe though.

#1269 5 years ago

My biggest issue with hypothetical Stern classic remakes is there's zero chance they'll play like the originals. Star Gazer with modern flippers & drop targets? I'll pass.

#1270 5 years ago

Any of you guys ever get offline or get tired of typing the same thing over and over?

#1271 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Any of you guys ever get offline or get tired of typing the same thing over and over?

Haha... Thanks Mr original.

Quoted from yancy:

Star Gazer with modern flippers & drop targets? I'll pass.

Don't worry, the drops are only on the LE's for 8k

#1272 5 years ago

#1273 5 years ago

and the conversion to spike! Remember, none of the old classics were ever created with the spike system. this sets a precendence, so you create a new game Beatles and can take your base code and reissue new classics on spike. Win/Win Of course you still have all of the LCD programming, but you have a nice head start.

Quoted from yancy:

Who's to say this so-called cash grab isn't step one in funding an affordable Seawitch 2.0? Should be cheap(er) with Beatles covering the playfield redesign costs.

#1274 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Not interested in this game at all aside from the Seawitch layout, but heres another great pic from a different era of Britney for all to enjoy....
[quoted image]

That would obviously be reverse-flippers mode.

#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have to think there is a good shot that this idea is still to come...
ala > WNBJM and Can Crusher.
When Beatles is done selling then Seawitch 2.0 comes along. I guess I can be hopeful, but it seems very logical and smart way to do this.
Cash grab up front for all the big pockets and old farts, then give the pinheads what they really wanted.

I really agree with this.

Seawitch 2.0 could be a great theme without a license fee can put it towards code and art.

#1276 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

and the conversion to spike! Remember, none of the old classics were ever created with the spike system. this sets a precendence, so you create a new game Beatles and can take your base code and reissue new classics on spike. Win/Win Of course you still have all of the LCD programming, but you have a nice head start.

Did the first spike game reduce the cost of later spike games?

Sunk development costs will make other projects more feasible.. but don't count on them making them cheaper to customers. Price will still be market driven.

And Spike was already done for 'classic' games.. when it was used for Woah Nellie and Pabst.

#1277 5 years ago

All three models WILL have a coindoor.
All three models (Diamond, Platinum and Gold) feature the early 1964 Beatles.
There are 8 songs on the game.

#1278 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How about if your parents brought you to see the Beatles when you were one week old in 1966? You’d be 52 and have some nice mental images.

Agreed, but I'd probably grow up to be a godless, druggie, homosexual....

#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

The Beatles pin is nothing special true but the band is sure is. I am older than most on here and loved the Beatles as a child and still consider them the gold standard in music. They made all their songs in 7 years as a group and were done by 1971. That year most pinsiders were not born yet . These comments about how irrelevant they are a joke. They influenced many artists in the last 50 years. I have a 33 and 24 year old daughter and they play Beatles songs all the time. They have also turned many of their friends on to the music. No band has come close to what they did and probably no band ever will. 50 years later they are one of the top played bands on satellite radio. I am pretty sure that will not happen to any current artists in 50 years. I feel lucky to have grown up with The Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, Bowie, The Who, Kinks, etc. Its only Rock and Roll but I like it.

I agree. Every member of the band could actually sing (try finding current groups with that skill) and were accomplished musicians. And they could harmonize...another hard practiced skill that no current musicians can do because its too much work. They changed the whole world culture and started a movement that ended up putting an end to the Vietnam war through all the protesting. Granted they turned half the kids in the world into smoking weed too, but that was probably inevitable. John was not wrong when he said that they were more popular than Jesus....his words were just taken out of context to the rest of the interview. Review the old videos of the near riots with fans when their plane landed, and the scenes from the fans inside their concerts. And few of those fans were actually high on anything. The Beatles defined a new culture to the world, so do not degrade them or say they were unimportant.

That being said I think the game sucks for the money and have no interest in it. True dat...

#1280 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Agreed, but I'd probably grow up to be a godless, druggie, homosexual....

You say that like it'd be a bad thing.

#1281 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

My biggest issue with hypothetical Stern classic remakes is there's zero chance they'll play like the originals. Star Gazer with modern flippers & drop targets? I'll pass.

Yancy, You are correct. They cannot play like classic stern of old because 1) drop targets (new stern's suck), 2) spinner switch (new stern's have a heavy ass metal blade) 3) Flippers (not the right snap). These components kill the deal. Adding a spinning disk in the middle of a Seawitch playfield. Someone puked out that idea. But hey it will probably sell cause it will still have more shots then any modern WPC.

#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have to think there is a good shot that this idea is still to come...
ala > WNBJM and Can Crusher.
When Beatles is done selling then Seawitch 2.0 comes along. I guess I can be hopeful, but it seems very logical and smart way to do this.
Cash grab up front for all the big pockets and old farts, then give the pinheads what they really wanted.

Stern can and does make a living regardless of any sales of games to pinsiders. The market for the theme of Beatles is broad in depth and much of the demographics of it's fanbase (older gen x and younger baby boomers) owns a house and have spare space in it. Basically the is no way this game doesnt sell out (if the pricing is just right).

#1283 5 years ago

I might be in the minority that thinks the game looks nice. I dig the art and colour choice, and it would go nicely in a retro American Diner or similar themed games room.

However, it just seems like a missed opportunity to me. Please someone answer me this:

Why a reskin of an old game?
Why only 8 songs? And
Why in gods name is it so expensive?

#1285 5 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I might be in the minority that thinks the game looks nice. I dig the art and colour choice, and it would go nicely in a retro American Diner or similar themed games room.
However, it just seems like a missed opportunity to me. Please someone answer me this:
Why only 8 songs? And

Simple:

1. Cheaper to make = more profit
2. Cheaper to license = more profit
3. More profit

#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Proven simple layout.

No confusing ramps or mechs that might scare away older buyers.

Quoted from PinSinner:

Why only 8 songs?

It's all you need.

If there were 5, you'd want 8

If there were 10, you'd want 12

Quoted from PinSinner:

Stern is still looking for the max people will pay.

Since this is THE game that 90% of Pinsiders have been waiting their entire life for, what better marketing testbed than the Beatles?

#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Simple:
1. Cheaper to make = more profit
2. Cheaper to license = more profit
3. More profit

What a damn shame that is.

#1288 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Proven simple layout.
No confusing ramps or mechs that might scare away older buyers.

It's all you need.
If there were 5, you'd want 8
If there were 10, you'd want 12

Stern is still looking for the max people will pay.
Since this is THE game that 90% of Pinsiders have been waiting their entire life for, what better marketing testbed than the Beatles?

I don't buy all of that. Proven simple layout...I see your point. However, as far as the amount of songs, there is usually around 12 tracks per Beetles album. Surely they could have at least had one albums worth of greatest hits included. As far as the price goes, well if that is their reason, then that is just pathetic.

#1289 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Very idealistic.
A mere 10 years latter and the kids would be singing "God save The Queen, she ain't no human being"[quoted image]

The pistols? That’s an ideal, of a new New society. That’s what the song is about. Change.

You haven’t explained what’s idealistic about Penny Lane. If you’re using the example of a fireman that keeps his truck washed and has a picture of the queen in his wallet, than you’re definition of idealistic is way different than mine. I don’t think Paul is holding that guy up as an ideal, in an era ready to burst at the seams. I think he’s drawing a contrast between the old guard, in a time warp sand doesn’t see or accept what’s coming, and a new world, ready to explode.

The song might arguably be somewhat sentimental or nostalgic, but it’s not idealistic.

McCartney was cool like that. Got to Get You into My Life is about smoking weed. It’s a love song to pot, not a girl. And people think McCartney was so square.

#1290 5 years ago

And people think McCartney was so square.

Hell no.

He is the one who would do prank phone calls, circle jerks, one legged broads.....he even says he talks to the dead.

If you’re using the example of a fireman that keeps his truck washed and has a picture of the queen in his wallet, than you’re definition of idealistic is way different than mine.

That's the best part about Pinside, it's swirling with opinions

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hell no.
He is the one who would do prank phone calls, circle jerks, one legged broads.....he even says he talks to the dead.

That's the best part about Pinside, it's swirling with opinions

After watching the Beatles pinball preview video it’s much worse than I thought. Someone pinch me so I wake up from this terrible nightmare. It’s a game for pure beta males.

#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

It’s a game for pure beta males.

As were the Beatles.

All the alpha males were into the Stones

#1293 5 years ago

What is the price??

#1295 5 years ago

I was quoted

#1296 5 years ago

aaa (resized).jpgaaa (resized).jpgimage (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#1297 5 years ago

Pretty much

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

Yup

#1299 5 years ago

LOL.....Gotta love the "these are gonna go fast" sales pitch.

#1300 5 years ago

I doubt they a sell a few hundred of these

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.