(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    81%
  • Maybe? 69 votes
    10%

(659 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 429 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3763 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 76.
#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's on the thebeatlesstore.com page. It's not a secret.

Definitely not considering there are almost 20K views.

pasted_image (resized).png
#1202 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Fast forward to today and my mother and law calls me to say she heard a Beatles pinball game was going to be released soon and how exciting is that? She has absolutely no idea about pinball, never plays them yet somehow this news crossed her radar. She was so impressed how they are releasing five songs and how it's being released with three models etc. It was pretty amazing. She is right in the targeted age group....62.

If you search google news for "Beatles Pinball", it is only mentioned on a couple music sites that nobody has heard of. No other news coverage that I see.

I can only imagine they saw it because you shared or liked it on FB, and it populated over to their feed as something you liked or commented on.

#1203 1 year ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Your latter is why Stern released it. Seawitch has more shots then most modern pins. There is 18 individual shots and if you added rules you could make a pretty complex game.

Hmmm... I'm pro Beatles but I'm just as **** as the rest, already reserving the game but not even watch Seawitch gameplay. XD

I guess I do that now while I wait for Gold Edition pricing.

#1204 1 year ago

Beatlemania version?
Will they make Sgt. Pepper and apple versions in the future?
If no......then, why not just make like the Beatles anthology??

Similar like this......

Anthology1-2_1200 (resized).jpg

#1205 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I guess I do that now while I wait for Gold Edition pricing.

Distributors got the Gold Edition pricing yesterday. List price 8k. Seems comparable with Batman66. (I guess your waiting for the German price.)

#1206 1 year ago

Hmm. Really expensive seawitch. 2nd spinner and magnetic spinning disk.

Pass

#1207 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

If you search google news for "Beatles Pinball", it is only mentioned on a couple music sites that nobody has heard of. No other news coverage that I see.
I can only imagine they saw it because you shared or liked it on FB, and it populated over to their feed as something you liked or commented on.

I don't do social media. I don't support facebook and don't have a FB account.

#1208 1 year ago

I heard seawitch is coming out. It’s going to be a reskin of the Beatles...anyone care to speculate?

#1209 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

The Banana Splits was awesome! My Favorite part of the show was the "Danger Island" segments. [quoted image]

Dam! I remember those. Now I really feel old!

#1210 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Fast forward to today and my mother and law calls me to say she heard a Beatles pinball game was going to be released soon and how exciting is that?

I find this strangely comforting. Would she be willing to get a Pinside account, like Delt62, and send us all to our gamerooms until we can be nice?

#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

I find this strangely comforting. Would she be willing to get a Pinside account, like Delt62, and send us all to our gamerooms until we can be nice?

"Go to bed without Specials."

#1212 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Sony bought the entire Beatles catalog from Jackson’s estate in 2016 so stern probably licensed with Sony. However McCartney bought the catalog back this year after years of trying so i guess the license for the pin is now with McCartney.

If that’s the case, where’s all of the occult references from ‘the king of cosmania?’

#1213 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Wait, I am almost 45 and n
NO ONE my age that I know ever cared about beatles. This is targetted to the 50+ crowd or older.

Absolutely.

The best way to look at it is:

IF YOU WERE AT THE LAST BEATLES CONCERT, YOU ARE AT LEAST 73 YEARS OLD RIGHT NOW.

-
-
-
-
(Pinsiders love to argue, but let's face it, the last real Beatles concert was in 1966 - well over a half century ago)

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

that's not true at all. Real superfans are sick of the "hits" and would likely be intrigued by this setlist!
Just go to the Stones forum any tour and read post after post of people whining about hearing Brown Sugar again.
I personally didn't even know the song It Won't Be Long. And now I do! It's great!

Uh... BS, Levi. A lot of BS in this thread. A lot of it coming from you.

If I go to a Stones concert I expect a few deep cuts, but if they’re not playing the hits- I’m pissed.

This is not an intriguing set list. Not from a Beatles perspective. You wanna get intriguing? Then I expect Revolution 9, Blue Jay Way, Sexy Sadie, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Fixing A Hole... we could get more intriguing. The group of songs on that pin is mundane.

I will see Rob Zombie every time he comes in to the area. I like some deep cuts, but if I don’t hear Dragula, Superbeast, Living Dead Girl, More Human Than Human and Thunder Kiss 65’ every time - I’m gonna be pissed. I’m a HUGE FAN. I don’t go to concerts in a vacuum. I expect to share the artist/concert with friends. I’m not going to expect my friends to be super-enthused with deep cuts.

Was the KISS pin not made for massive KISS fans? Cause the KISS army is pretty rabid. What songs were on that pin? It wasn’t an ‘intriguing’ playlist- it was Rock and Roll All Nite, Lick It Up, Detroit Rock City, Deuce, etc etc. I’m also a huge KISS fan. If those songs weren’t in the pin, I’d be on a forum bitching and questioning why those songs are missing- just like most of us are doing the same about the Beatles pin. If the pin decided to ignore the makeup era that most fans are a fan of and instead concentrate on the unmasked era, I would say that’s a bad marketing move and I wouldn’t be interested in the pin. See the correlation here?

I’m new-ish to this hobby, and I don’t know you personally, Levi- but I’ve seen your stuff on the boards. I get the impression you’re a big fish in the Pinside pond- or maybe you just post a lot. Never had an opinion of your posts either way- but in this thread- $H*+s getting ridiculous.

You’re either the biggest shill I’ve ever seen for a game, or literally enjoying being a huge troll on this thread and taking the piss out of everyone by being a contrarian.

It’s okay to have a different opinion. It’s okay to say, ‘I don’t care what you think, I’m buying the game anyway. I like it and I’m going to enjoy it.’ But we’re at the point where someone makes a valid point- ‘the sky is blue.’ And you’re over here saying ‘no it’s not- it’s green. And the sky is really made for people who like green sky. You don’t know what you’re talking about blue sky people. You’re not a true sky fan. You’re not who the sky is actually for.’

There’s a lot of legitimate Beatles fans, people who would buy these machines and people who can AFFORD these machines on this thread. Potential buyers. The target market. And a big portion of the target market is telling you, they’ve got the money, but no longer the inclination to buy this pin because it disappoints them. But you’re pretending the people on here aren’t buyers.

Maybe you don’t know how you’re coming off to people- but I think I know what you do for a living- so you’re a smart guy. Unless you’re desperately trying to pump and dump this pin, and you’re planning on buying several to re-sell- let it go. You’re not convincing anyone but yourself... and maybe the K-man with a podcast.

The days of pinball speculation (outside of Supreme) are over. This pin, like Deadpool and Iron Maiden and Oktoberfest and Alice Cooper will sell on the merits of the build and features contained in the pin. Not hype. Not speculation. There’s always a few that will buy everything that comes out. But as a Beatles fan and a pinball fan, I can tell you, they’ve misjudged the demographic. The imaginary market you think exists- is infintessimal.

#1215 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can feel the wind from his massive dick swinging around all the way over here in NY!

Nah- that’s just all the hot air you’ve been farting out all over this thread

#1216 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

The Banana Splits was awesome! My Favorite part of the show was the "Danger Island" segments. They did 10 minute episodes with a cliff hanger at the end just like the old movievserials. Directed by the great Richard Donner (Superman, Goonies, Lethal Weapon) and featuring Jan Michael Vincent.
[quoted image]

that was a flash back with "Danger Island", a show I deleted from memory for 35 years, enjoyed it when it was on.

#1217 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Distributors got the Gold Edition pricing yesterday. List price 8k. Seems comparable with Batman66. (I guess your waiting for the German price.)

Thx,...

Oh well, what a bummer but that pricing was to be expected.

I guess I have to "miss out" if this is true.

Honestly I'm not so sure all 2000 games will sell out, but time will tell.

#1218 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Wait, I am almost 45 and n
NO ONE my age that I know ever cared about beatles. This is targetted to the 50+ crowd or older.

I'm 40 and I listened quite a lot to the Beatles a period when I was a teenager. And I know a guy who's still in his twenties who really loves all sorts of music, and Beatles is quite on top of his 'classics'-list.

#1219 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

If I go to a Stones concert I expect a few deep cuts, but if they’re not playing the hits- I’m pissed.
This is not an intriguing set list. Not from a Beatles perspective. You wanna get intriguing? Then I expect Revolution 9, Blue Jay Way, Sexy Sadie, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Fixing A Hole... we could get more intriguing. The group of songs on that pin is mundane.
I will see Rob Zombie every time he comes in to the area. I like some deep cuts, but if I don’t hear Dragula, Superbeast, Living Dead Girl, More Human Than Human and Thunder Kiss 65’ every time - I’m gonna be pissed. I’m a HUGE FAN. I don’t go to concerts in a vacuum. I expect to share the artist/concert with friends. I’m not going to expect my friends to be super-enthused with deep cuts.
Was the KISS pin not made for massive KISS fans? Cause the KISS army is pretty rabid. What songs were on that pin? It wasn’t an ‘intriguing’ playlist- it was Rock and Roll All Nite, Lick It Up, Detroit Rock City, Deuce, etc etc. I’m also a huge KISS fan. If those songs weren’t in the pin, I’d be on a forum bitching and questioning why those songs are missing- just like most of us are doing the same about the Beatles pin. If the pin decided to ignore the makeup era that most fans are a fan of and instead concentrate on the unmasked era, I would say that’s a bad marketing move and I wouldn’t be interested in the pin. See the correlation here?
I’m new-ish to this hobby, and I don’t know you personally, Levi- but I’ve seen your stuff on the boards. I get the impression you’re a big fish in the Pinside pond- or maybe you just post a lot. Never had an opinion of your posts either way- but in this thread- $H*+s getting ridiculous.
You’re either the biggest shill I’ve ever seen for a game, or literally enjoying being a huge troll on this thread and taking the piss out of everyone by being a contrarian.
It’s okay to have a different opinion. It’s okay to say, ‘I don’t care what you think, I’m buying the game anyway. I like it and I’m going to enjoy it.’ But we’re at the point where someone makes a valid point- ‘the sky is blue.’ And you’re over here saying ‘no it’s not- it’s green. And the sky is really made for people who like green sky. You don’t know what you’re talking about blue sky people. You’re not a true sky fan. You’re not who the sky is actually for.’
There’s a lot of legitimate Beatles fans, people who would buy these machines and people who can AFFORD these machines on this thread. Potential buyers. The target market. And a big portion of the target market is telling you, they’ve got the money, but no longer the inclination to buy this pin because it disappoints them. But you’re pretending the people on here aren’t buyers.
Maybe you don’t know how you’re coming off to people- but I think I know what you do for a living- so you’re a smart guy. Unless you’re desperately trying to pump and dump this pin, and you’re planning on buying several to re-sell- let it go. You’re not convincing anyone but yourself... and maybe the K-man with a podcast.
The days of pinball speculation (outside of Supreme) are over. This pin, like Deadpool and Iron Maiden and Oktoberfest and Alice Cooper will sell on the merits of the build and features contained in the pin. Not hype. Not speculation. There’s always a few that will buy everything that comes out. But as a Beatles fan and a pinball fan, I can tell you, they’ve misjudged the demographic. The imaginary market you think exists- is infintessimal.

For a new guy you catch on fast man.

#1220 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

You wanna get intriguing? Then I expect Revolution 9, Blue Jay Way, Sexy Sadie, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Fixing A Hole... we could get more intriguing. The group of songs on that pin is mundane.

Correct, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know how to hit something like this out of the park. Volume of pinball's sold has to matter with the current price points. Just want to know why they couldn't pull it off?

#1221 1 year ago
Quoted from imharrow:

My experiences are similar to tomass. People I know acknowledge the influence and innovation they brought, but I don't know a single person who identifies as a Beatles fan.
On the other hand, I do know people who identify as Zeppelin fans, or Maiden fans, or AC/DC fans.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to determine estimated global demand based on personal experience. I for example know zero ACDC fans, 1 Zep-fan (myself) but I do know a handful of Beatles fans. Stern sells in dozens of countries, looking at global album sales (sure, there are plenty of 1-album wonders too), streaming stats (Beatles is not that far behind ACDC despite not having released new material since 1970) etc. there is nothing to suggest that a decent Beatles pinball would not sell at least as good as ACDC, Metallica etc. Besides that, the Beatles have a pretty mainstream audience (on our side of the ocean they dominate any audience-voted top-1000 of all times list).

Under the assumption that a Beatles machine would sell as well as ACDC etc., why not design a proper machine with proper production numbers? Surely you'll make a higher total profit despite higher licensing costs per machine.

#1222 1 year ago

More Brittney please

This thread needs a new purpose since it can’t hype Beatles

Old Brittany

Young Brittany

It’s all good

#1223 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Literally no one I know my age or younger can even stand them. That is my experience and it has been consistent for my entire life. They were before my time and anyone my age. Sorry

Most of my friends are younger than me (including my wife) 30's and 40's and I can't think of a single one that isn't a Beatles fan.

#1224 1 year ago

Is it True is game is coded only to be on Freeplay?

#1225 1 year ago

I know we all use these things at home, but it being a commercial machine is a big part of the value. Take that away and a lot of value disappears.

#1226 1 year ago

Not if it has a coindoor as mnpinball said the other day.....

Quoted from HighProtein:

Is it True is game is coded only to be on Freeplay?

#1227 1 year ago

The Beatles pin is nothing special true but the band is sure is. I am older than most on here and loved the Beatles as a child and still consider them the gold standard in music. They made all their songs in 7 years as a group and were done by 1971. That year most pinsiders were not born yet . These comments about how irrelevant they are a joke. They influenced many artists in the last 50 years. I have a 33 and 24 year old daughter and they play Beatles songs all the time. They have also turned many of their friends on to the music. No band has come close to what they did and probably no band ever will. 50 years later they are one of the top played bands on satellite radio. I am pretty sure that will not happen to any current artists in 50 years. I feel lucky to have grown up with The Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, Bowie, The Who, Kinks, etc. Its only Rock and Roll but I like it.

#1228 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Not if it has a coindoor as mnpinball said the other day.....

It will have a coin door. I cant imagine a world in which Stern puts out any commercial game and no coin door on it.

the Pin or zizzle, sure...

but a full scale commercial pin will always have a coin door.

#1229 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

How about Paul telling everyone yesterday that he and Lennon (plus 3 other guys) used to sit around and masturbate together in a circle?
Calling out names while they did it.
[cue Come Together jokes in 3...2....1...]
https://www.gq.com/story/the-untold-stories-of-paul-mccartney

Probably an Aleister Crowley thing....

#1230 1 year ago

Margarete Hudson saw fit to include younger hotter Brittany on EBD.

DSC04278 (resized).JPG
#1231 1 year ago

this is making my seawitch look better (and more valuable). thank you stern!

#1232 1 year ago

The earlier faster be-bop music just fits a pin better than the older trippy dippy hippy stuff. The art style you all wanted means music that's too slow for a pin.

So they went with the screaming teenage girl Beatles and not the more widely liked later stuff. That's why this art is so feminine and why all you 50 year old dudes don't like it. It looks like a 13 year old girls Trapper Keeper. Female baby boomer nostalgia.

All I can think is "would my mom buy this pin?" Answer is no, she's too broke, but I bet she'd love to play one.

#1233 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

The earlier faster be-bop music just fits a pin better than the older trippy dippy hippy stuff. The art style you all wanted means music that's too slow for a pin.

Yup.

#1234 1 year ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Margarete Hudson saw fit to include younger hotter Brittany on EBD.
[quoted image]

Much better than when she went bat sheet mk ultra crazy.

#1235 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

So they went with the screaming teenage girl Beatles and not the more widely liked later stuff. That's why this art is so feminine and why all you 50 year old dudes don't like it. It looks like a 13 year old girls Trapper Keeper. Female baby boomer nostalgia.
All I can think is "would my mom buy this pin?" Answer is no, she's too broke, but I bet she'd love to play one.

Bingo. My mom diga it and could afford one but has the sense not to spend that much.

#1236 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Bingo. My mom diga it and could afford one but has the sense not to spend that much.

Man you guys are cheap and bad sons!

Obviously you should be buying mom a Beatles pin!!

This is MOM we are talking about here!!

(Thank god mine would be happier with a $60 box of Neuhaus chocolate, which I will happily import during my next trip to Belgium in June)

#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah, it's almost like professional songwriters wrote the tightest pop songs for them.
Their debut single, Last Train To Clarksville, spent an insane 3 months at #1, probably the longest lasting debut #1 of all time.
Even the Beatles could not match that.

I think you meant their debut album, titled "The Monkees" stayed at #1 for 13 weeks.

The single "Last Train to Clarksville" was #1 only for a week.

#1238 1 year ago

agree.. my mom would love this

#1239 1 year ago

Not interested in this game at all aside from the Seawitch layout, but heres another great pic from a different era of Britney for all to enjoy....

AB81BFAF-2E5C-4210-A310-675875BDC964 (resized).jpeg
#1240 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True!
I'll just point out one more time that like many, many things about this game we don't actually know what songs will be in the game. Iron Maiden has 6 song modes but another 6 or so songs in the game that aren't written on the playfield.

I’d be shocked if the machine doesn’t play She Loves You (or at least it’s intro) when you push start, or in attract mode, and I Want to Hold your hand during MB and at game over.

#1241 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Jesus. A post starting by accusing me of too much BS followed by a 78,000 word salad That nobody - including me - is ever going to read.

Beatles is bringing out the irony. Someone else - who has posted 10,000 more times than I have in the same amount of time - also accused me of typing too much!

Quality over quantity folks!

#1242 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’d be shocked if the machine doesn’t play She Loves You (or at least it’s intro) when you push start, or in attract mode, and I Want to Hold your hand during MB and at game over.

would you be shocked to find stern didnt pay for those songs?

#1243 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Those kneepads continue to come in handy for you levi.

You, my friend, are hardly one to talk.

#1244 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

You, my friend, are hardly one to talk.

Yeah for sure. Shilton - who singlehandedly aided and abbeted the heighway scam, and is personally responsible for hundreds of thousands of dollars swindled out of the hands of pinsiders - really shouldn’t talk. You’d think he’d feel bad about that. Probably did, for like “two weeks.”

His relentless shilling has a real human cost. Mine has resulted in a few butthurt pinsiders. Which is worse?

But not sure if you’ve noticed, this is a new go to for tons of people here against tons of other people. Everyone accuses everyone else of shilling for everyone.

You won’t see me do it - I’ve got better material!

#1245 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True!
I'll just point out one more time that like many, many things about this game we don't actually know what songs will be in the game. Iron Maiden has 6 song modes but another 6 or so songs in the game that aren't written on the playfield.

Quoted from vid1900:

Sometimes they would record the "same song" but with totally different meanings.
Pleasant Valley Sunday and Penny Lane came out at the same time and are both the same theme; observations about the simple town around them.
While the Beatles are idealistic, the Monkees are cynical under a saccharine sweet glaze.

What, exactly, is idealistic about Penny Lane? Strikes me as a song mostly about suburban monotony (or ordinary people living simple lives) with a few strange, vivid images thrown in that could mean anything, except, most likely, ldealism. Why the banker walks around in the rain without a rain coat is just weird, possibly suggesting some kind of drone like depression for the life he’s chosen. A fireman who carries a picture of the queen in his wallet? I’m sure the young and hip at the time really responded to that image as a bright vision for the future. Make England Great Again!

#1246 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

who singlehandedly aided and abbeted the heighway scam

pretty strong words for such a tiny man with nothing to support that claim.

#1247 1 year ago

Lets keep the thread on track folks. No personal badgering please.

#1248 1 year ago

looking at the playfield changes, stern could have had a huge win on their hands in the way of a seawitch remake.

think about it, all of the features that they added for this machine could have worked wonderfully with the original theme (the spinning disc would have made a cool whirlpool and the magnet at the top of the riptide loop, a kraken or some other deep sea creature to temporarily trap and capture your ball

I'm curious to see a better video and see if they changed the spring metal flap that allows the ball into the playfield or kept it exactly the same

#1249 1 year ago
Quoted from sven:

I'm 40 and I listened quite a lot to the Beatles a period when I was a teenager. And I know a guy who's still in his twenties who really loves all sorts of music, and Beatles is quite on top of his 'classics'-list.

Sven, don’t bother. The hardcore metal heads and big alt/grunge rock guys and Korn lovers etc. never got it and never will. It’s amusing. I’d pity them for missing out, but they don’t give a shit so why should I?

Plenty of people in their 40’s know and love the Beatles. And many don’t. Same with every other generation. Although let’s face it, formative years in the 80’s and college in the 90’s? I do kinda feel for these folks.

#1250 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

looking at the playfield changes, stern could have had a huge win on their hands in the way of a seawitch remake.
think about it, all of the features that they added for this machine could have worked wonderfully with the original theme (the spinning disc would have made a cool whirlpool and the magnet at the top of the riptide loop, a kraken or some other deep sea creature to temporarily trap and capture your ball
I'm curious to see a better video and see if they changed the spring metal flap that allows the ball into the playfield or kept it exactly the same

I have to think there is a good shot that this idea is still to come...

ala > WNBJM and Can Crusher.

When Beatles is done selling then Seawitch 2.0 comes along. I guess I can be hopeful, but it seems very logical and smart way to do this.
Cash grab up front for all the big pockets and old farts, then give the pinheads what they really wanted.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 3763 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 76.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside