(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 76.
#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Is this really the same ben heck then in the videos?
You seem kinda bitter.
And with 'kinda' I mean... uh... off every chart?

Ben's been through a lot.

Dude worked with JPop for Christ's sake.

#1052 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

This is the possible 50k Diamond version???!!!

true.

#1053 5 years ago

Of course not!

This is a video of the possible 50k Diamond Version.

http _fc04.deviantart.net_fs32_i_2008_229_8_f_Ceci_n__est_pas_une_pipe_by_Lunpi (resized).jpghttp _fc04.deviantart.net_fs32_i_2008_229_8_f_Ceci_n__est_pas_une_pipe_by_Lunpi (resized).jpg

#1054 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

$150 a set, for those in need.

I need a set for my Seawitch. Seriously where can I find the teal?
-mof

#1055 5 years ago

double post

#1056 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yes, there must be diamond dust sprinkled in the art blades.

#1057 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You seem kinda bitter.

Bitter Ben is real Ben. Element 14 video Ben is a character.

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

lol.

#1059 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You seem kinda bitter.

He’s just being honest. Why is that bad?

#1060 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Bitter Ben is real Ben. Element 14 video Ben is a character.

There was this Ben before that.

The "I mod my Dreamcast into a milkcan Ben."

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A black and white Ed Sullivan Show Edition would be pretty cool

That's what I was expecting.

#1062 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He’s just being honest. Why is that bad?

I didn't mention "bad" or "honest", I mentioned "bitter".

I'm not saying he is wrong. Noone here is (well, some are but not from threir uninformed point of view).

#1063 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, there must be diamond dust sprinkled in the art blades.

the gold dust is from the coil stops

#1064 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

“Spotted Cow is a hell of a drug...”

11FD496A-8C5D-4742-9669-C8CA3E83DB6C (resized).jpeg11FD496A-8C5D-4742-9669-C8CA3E83DB6C (resized).jpeg

#1065 5 years ago

beatles, bm66, stern money grab stay away!!

i dont even consider these pins for my collection.

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

beatles, bm66, stern money grab stay away!!
i dont even consider these pins for my collection.

I'm going to guess that you haven't played BM66 lately.

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

If you tell me that anyone at Stern wakes up and says "I don't care about pinside" or wakes up and says "how can we scam the pinheads" which I often think is some peoples attitude- it just isn't true. The more I engage with Stern the more I feel they really care about providing a great product in a super challenging environment.

Apparently you haven't met Jody.

#1068 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'm not saying he is wrong. Noone here is (well, some are but not from threir uninformed point of view).

NOOOOOOOOONNNNNE!!!

15DB4350-6043-4D22-943C-2301464BF747 (resized).jpeg15DB4350-6043-4D22-943C-2301464BF747 (resized).jpeg
#1069 5 years ago

Lordy, am I disappointed. Not in the Stern machine, but in how it demonstrates beyond any doubt that the 'dream' Yellow Submarine machine of the modern sort that I'd like to make would be utterly unviable in today's market. Doesn't matter what you stick in it, the license cost to do it justice would still be extortionate enough that the target market would be limited to millionaire collectors, none of whom would really care about it as a game, assuming they would even turn it on rather than keep it mint. I'd want to put my heart and soul into having the biggest number of people have fun with the game, and that would simply not be an option here. Around 200 Aliens produced before the shutdown still stings.

#1070 5 years ago

Rumor is that Ringo insisted they go with the early Beatles because that was the real Paul, and not Faul, who replaced Paul after Paul died in a car crash in 1966. All because of royalties, because while Ringo never liked Paul to begin with, he loathed Faul. And now Faul won’t get shit from this game. But that’s created a bit of a stir, because now Faul, knowing full well the Diamond Editions are going to sell for $56,000,000,000 a pop, wants his cut. And he’s threatening to blow the lid off the whole shebang: the truth behind Paul’s death.

Gary took Faul out drinking, tried to cut a deal, but no go. Yoko’s involved, of course, but everyone’s beyond sick of her shit. Kaminkow even took Faul out for a spin in the Bat Mobile. Nada.

This shit is just getting good boys! Buy two, and keep one for the end of days!

#1071 5 years ago

On some random low-ranking website. Just for grins I checked their rank - 13,635 in the world, not even top 100 in the entertainment music category.

#1072 5 years ago

OMG what a disaster! What kind of total f’ing moron came up with this grandma machine? Have any of the idiots over there ever seen “Love”? That might have sparked a few ideas. Gross.

#1073 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

09542B06-E8D1-4742-AECE-DE52CD3AD760 (resized).jpeg09542B06-E8D1-4742-AECE-DE52CD3AD760 (resized).jpeg

#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Rumor is that Ringo insisted they go with the early Beatles because that was the real Paul, and not Faul, who replaced Paul after Paul died in a car crash in 1966. All because of royalties, because while Ringo never liked Paul to begin with, he loathed Faul. And now Faul won’t get shit from this game. But that’s created a bit of a stir, because now Faul, knowing full well the Diamond Editions are going to sell for $56,000,000,000 a pop, wants his cut. And he’s threatening to blow the lid off the whole shebang: the truth behind Paul’s death.
Gary took Faul out drinking, tried to cut a deal, but no go. Yoko’s involved, of course, but everyone’s beyond sick of her shit. Kaminkow even took Faul out for a spin in the Bat Mobile. Nada.
This shit is just getting good boys! Buy two, and keep one for the end of days!

is there an aleister crowley super dark lord wizard mode?

#1075 5 years ago

——-
Soooo good! True Beatles fan here. Would’ve loved some creepy, mystery Beatles conspiracy in this pin. Instead we got the very plain, very safe- Ed Sullivan Beatles.

#1076 5 years ago

I heard Stern is making a Heather Mills version of this game....

It will only have 3 legs and will take all your money

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#1077 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

is there an aleister crowley super dark lord wizard mode?

Holy S#!+balls! Sooo good! TheRottenApple? Iamaphoney? Nothing is real forums??? Anyone?

#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

There was this Ben before that.
The "I mod my Dreamcast into a milkcan Ben."

So that's a Dreamcast shot in Houdini?

#1079 5 years ago

what about the "beatles never existed conspiracy theory special edition"?

apparently the website shut down so you have to go to the way back machine to view it

https://web.archive.org/web/20170420014338/https://www.thebeatlesneverexisted.com/

www.thebeatlesneverexisted.com

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

I heard Stern is making a Heather Mills version of this game....
It will only have 3 legs and will take all your money
[quoted image]

Lol!!!!!

#1081 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

So that's a Dreamcast shot in Houdini?

If he managed to fit it in this tiny milkcan I buy all 100 Diamond Beatles.

#1082 5 years ago

If you like it great!
If you do not like it move on!

Grown men acting CATTY!!

It is a god dam Pinball machine!

Ha.

#1083 5 years ago

Well,Fans,there you have it!!! I stated many times that Yelllow Sub.was not a Beatles movie!! MJ owns the whole catalog of their music! So,in retrospect they turned to a theme from the BBC show called "Ready,Steady.GO! which the BBC has the rights to use the music the Beatles recorded on the show!! Thats why only five songs appear to be included! And if you look at the Bradford Exchange collection of Beatles plates,you'll find all those girly colors used on the show! The plate was named "All you need is love" same as the show, same colors as they used on the pin! The now infamous JD told me about this 3 years ago at PAGG,cause he developed the idea!!

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm going to guess that you haven't played BM66 lately.

last one i played the batmobile flew off, the spinning disc flew off. what else? the flapping plastic flew off.
the code really sucked. joker just kept looping and looping. so 2 years later its a great game?

#1085 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

last one i played the batmobile flew off, the spinning disc flew off. what else? the flapping plastic flew off.
the code really sucked. joker just kept looping and looping. so 2 years later its a great game?

They fixed the batmobile and disc with rivets. And yes, as someone who was there from the awful lie of a beginning, BM'66 is actually a pretty good game now, Gomez clunk aside.

#1086 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

In a word, yes.

#1087 5 years ago

So why did Stern / The Beatles merchandising team choose 1964 as the theme year?

Obviously, this was the year the band broke in the USA and around the rest of the world, after they first hit the UK charts in late 1962. If you look at the Ed Sullivan footage, you see a bright, energetic foursome singing nice harmonies against some fairly simple melodies. I'm not criticising that era in any way, I love the band.

This machine, such as it is, reflects that moment in time. I honestly don't mind the art, although I do think it would have looked considerably better with a palette based on black and white. Maybe that's been reserved for The Munsters ...

So why not a Beatles '65 pinball next? That year McCartney wrote "Yesterday", which is a massive step forward. Clothing and styling had begun to change. Beatles '66? You have the Revolver album and that astonishing final track "Tomorrow Never Knows". And so on until 1969/70.

Arguably Stern could release five or six more Beatles-themed machines before the band ran its course, each time advancing technology and the overall design of the machine. There'd have to be someone out there who'd want them all, right?

Or am I just a cockeyed optimist, thinking Stern has a clear strategy behind this?

#1088 5 years ago

There are some Fair Dinkum stupid comments on this thread.
Do people type before they think? I do sometimes but GZUS! really?
SEE BELOW
VVVVVVVVV

AND ABOVE
^^^^^^^^

this is a general statement and NOT directed at anyone or anything in particular, just some real dopy people.

#1089 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

so 2 years later its a great game?

YES!

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

There are some Fair Dinkum stupid comments on this thread.
Do people type before they think? I do sometimes but GZUS! really?
SEE BELOW
VVVVVVVVV
AND ABOVE
^^^^^^^^
this is a general statement and NOT directed at anyone or anything in particular, just some real dopy people.

Well thanks very much mate, given the way you've placed your arrows you are immediately shopping me in anyone else's eyes as the "dopy" one, as I made the comments immediately preceding yours.

And given you probably can't see into the future, directing arrows down towards so-far non-existent comments doesn't help your case either. Run pinside your way, but my very friendly suggestion is to say what you think is dopey rather than leaving the rest of us puzzled

#1091 5 years ago

Professional shit stirrer!
People will read into it as they wish.
If you took offence, so be it.

#1092 5 years ago

I just got the 8 Days A Week version! It's a keeper and I LOVE the stereo sound!

beatles (resized).JPGbeatles (resized).JPG

#1093 5 years ago

Well, hopefully Kapow wont go after the Zepplin license..... dont need them fakking up Meteor next.....

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

so 2 years later its a great game?

Yeah, it’s great.

#1095 5 years ago

It looks fine, they’ve obviously gone super retro for a retro theme
I love The Beatles and I love pinball & if I could afford it, I’d definitely be buying it
Good luck to those who can, it won’t be long, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it won’t be long... you know the rest...

#1096 5 years ago

One thing I found odd was the song choice. Yes, none of the five listed songs ever charted #1 (cept Ticket)but, also, some of them just don’t fit the Beatlemania era that the pin seems to be going for.

All My Loving, It Won’t Be Long and I Should have Known Better fit well. However, Ticket To Ride and, especially, Drive My Car don’t seem right. They’re at that cusp of when The Beatles started to get away from that.

Not to mention that Beatlemania revolved heavily around live performances and It Won’t Be Long, I Should Have Know Better and Drive My Car were rarely, if at all, ever played live. The Beatles would pretty much play the same set list over and over, changing up when they released new material.

Another thing that’s odd is I’m pretty sure that’s the Capitol single for Yesterday/Act Naturally at the bottom of the playfield too along with another one in red that I can’t make out. Also odd choices. I wouldn’t be surprised if the remaining members and their families are limited in what they can use of their own music due to MJ’s estate.

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

One thing I found odd was the song choice. Yes, none of the five listed songs ever charted #1 (cept Ticket)but, also, some of them just don’t fit the Beatlemania era that the pin seems to be going for.
All My Loving, It Won’t Be Long and I Should have Known Better fit well. However, Ticket To Ride and, especially, Drive My Car don’t seem right. They’re at that cusp of when The Beatles started to get away from that.
Not to mention that Beatlemania revolved heavily around live performances and It Won’t Be Long, I Should Have Know Better and Drive My Car were rarely, if at all, ever played live. The Beatles would pretty much play the same set list over and over, changing up when they released new material.
Another thing that’s odd is I’m pretty sure that’s the Capitol single for Yesterday/Act Naturally at the bottom of the playfield too along with another one in red that I can’t make out. Also odd choices. I wouldn’t be surprised if the remaining members and their families are limited in what they can use of their own music due to MJ’s estate.

This is the kind of stuff that will bug real Beatles fans.....You know.. The ones this machine was targeting....

#1098 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

The choice of songs, and lack of them, makes me wonder if that is all Stern was willing to pay for. For a million dollar licence one would think far more songs would be included. $1 million though to do some hand drawn pictures of the band and 5 songs...doesnt seem like a great deal.

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

So why did Stern / The Beatles merchandising team choose 1964 as the theme year?
Obviously, this was the year the band broke in the USA and around the rest of the world, after they first hit the UK charts in late 1962. If you look at the Ed Sullivan footage, you see a bright, energetic foursome singing nice harmonies against some fairly simple melodies. I'm not criticising that era in any way, I love the band.
This machine, such as it is, reflects that moment in time. I honestly don't mind the art, although I do think it would have looked considerably better with a palette based on black and white. Maybe that's been reserved for The Munsters ...
So why not a Beatles '65 pinball next? That year McCartney wrote "Yesterday", which is a massive step forward. Clothing and styling had begun to change. Beatles '66? You have the Revolver album and that astonishing final track "Tomorrow Never Knows". And so on until 1969/70.
Arguably Stern could release five or six more Beatles-themed machines before the band ran its course, each time advancing technology and the overall design of the machine. There'd have to be someone out there who'd want them all, right?
Or am I just a cockeyed optimist, thinking Stern has a clear strategy behind this?

My theory is that Stern was restricted to a specific set of songs, the five listed on the playfield, with what they paid for the license. It's likely that adding songs from other eras would have increased licensing costs dramatically. Stil, I don't understand how Harmonix with their Beatles Rock Band game managed to get a ton of songs into that game and Stern only got 5...

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stil, I don't understand how Harmonix with their Beatles Rock Band game managed to get a ton of songs into that game and Stern only got 5...

I guess they paid more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/22?hl=timewellspent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.