(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 76.
#951 5 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

My guess is without the wire arm going into the playfield, the spinner is less likely to get stuck and need to have the arm re-bent. its crazy they didn't just put the hole and opto on the other side of the spinner though, to avoid snaking the wire over the top.

You have to be careful in which way you aim an opto to avoid interfering light sources.

#952 5 years ago

Does anyone have a coil count yet? That is all that really matters in the end.

#953 5 years ago

This is going to be a fun game!

It's a good theme, good shots, good flow and good gimmicks.

But for me a $5k game.

#954 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Are the stores lined with beatles stuff made every month? No
What collectors pay 20k premiums for modern licensed stuff?
The collectors market want authentic period stuff... not paying 20k for licensed merch.

We don't even know the prices yet bro. Let's relax for a minute.

#955 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The color palette chosen for the Diamond version obviously isn’t winning anyone over. All initial reveals are about the artwork first. The LCD has not been shown, so remember that also.

Pretty sure that bit near the end of the video announcing the song name is straight from the Spike-style LCD.

#956 5 years ago

Again, it's a hobby where a bunch of rich men made videos begging to buy a $16,000 toy.

Manufacturers have yet to find the ceiling of what people will actually pay.

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Also hearing 7500 for gold. Other models are still TBD

I think if this turns out to be true, it's a huge game-changer on the perception and reception of this game, and you'd see PLENTY in Pinside collections and even on location.

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think if this turns out to be true, it's a huge game-changer on the perception and reception of this game, and you'd see PLENTY in Pinside collections and even on location.

There's really not much chance of this being true, though.

#959 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No coin door would be an absolute mistake for any of the models. Where did this rumor start?

In the licensing contract.

#960 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Pinside is its usual predictable self. LOL at least I am getting used to it.
What we knew a week ago:
- Beatles pinball is coming from Kapow and built by Stern
- It's a boutique game, limited release, not taking the place of a Stern cornerstone game
- It's going to be expensive and aimed at rich old Beatles collectors
- It's not going to have a coin door or be allowed on location
- It will have campy 60's artwork
- It will be a Gomez re-skinned Sea Witch with a spinning disk added
- If you don't like classic early SS games, you won't suddenly like this one
- It is not targeted at the Pinside or Expo crowd
- The usual haters on Pinside are tripping over each other dog piling on every aspect of this game.
- Stern doesn't care about what people on Pinside say about this game. The Munsters is for them.
What we know now:
- Beatles pinball is coming from Kapow and built by Stern
- It's a boutique game, limited release, not taking the place of a Stern cornerstone game
- It's going to be expensive and aimed at rich old Beatles collectors
- It's not going to have a coin door or be allowed on location
- It will have campy 60's artwork
- It will be a Gomez re-skinned Sea Witch with a spinning disk added
- If you don't like classic early SS games, you won't suddenly like this one
- It is not targeted at the Pinside or Expo crowd
- The usual haters on Pinside are tripping over each other dog piling on every aspect of this game.
- Stern doesn't care about what people on Pinside say about this game. The Munsters is for them.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

There's really not much chance of this being true, though.

I guess we'll find out November 6 and can adjust our outrage accordingly?

#962 5 years ago

Tell me all the times in manufacturing history a company trying to create a collectable market has actually succeeded in creating a collectable market?

It almost never works that way.

Collectables become collectable. They don't start out that way.

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

No coin door = Zizzle Pinball

Fireball home, spiderman home, etc. There's a world above zizzle but below arcade. Just not for $50k a pop.

#964 5 years ago

This game looks amazing. Great job. I'm not sure what everyone is whining about. Has great art and a sweet retro vibe. There are only so many layouts you can do with 2 ramps, 3 pops and a kickout hole. I'm glad to be moving away from that and taking hints of the TNA success for this title. Bravo Stern!!

#965 5 years ago

Remember, Joe said you are gonna want one to play and one to keep in the box as a collectors item.

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Tell me all the times in manufacturing history a company trying to create a collectable market has actually succeeded in creating a collectable market?

Supreme

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Supreme sold a couple hundred $10,000 pinball machines in 10 seconds with this model.

Next rhetorical question please.

#968 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Spoke with an extremely reliable source.
This game will have a coin door.
One small victory fellas.

If that's true it's good news, but I still can't see any operator buying whatever the Gold version is (2 steps down in features from this "diamond" version) for LE money.

#969 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Supreme sold a couple hundred pinball machines in 10 seconds with this model.

And we can look at where the value of this game ends up in 20 years. That's the mark of a true collectable.

#970 5 years ago

Speculators bought the Supreme machine to flip it. We want people to buy a pinball machine to play it. Big difference.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Supreme sold a couple hundred $10,000 pinball machines in 10 seconds with this model.

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If that's true it's good news, but I still can't see any operator buying whatever the Gold version is (2 steps down in features from this "diamond" version) for LE money.

Why? We've seen plenty of Batman 66 games on location, and that one was a pro or Premium (depends on your outlook) for beyond LE money. The cheapest Batman is $8500!

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

And we can look at where the value of this game ends up in 20 years. That's the mark of a true collectable.

Now you are moving the goal posts. Stern doesn't give a shit what these games sell for in 20 years, just if they sell now.

Like Supreme did.

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

SUPREME.

#974 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Does anyone have a coil count yet? That is all that really matters in the end.

Don’t forget:
Will this look good next to my Porsche, Bulldog and 70” 4K TV?

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why? We've seen plenty of Batman 66 games on location, and that one was a pro for beyond LE money.

With MUCH more on the playfield to interact with, and likely more entertaining video (even at the terrible "finish the game in 15 minutes" launch and first year). I'd take a Launch BM'66 over this ALL DAY. No need to even graph that.

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now you are moving the goal posts. Stern doesn't give a shit what these games sell for in 20 years, just if they sell now.
Like Supreme did.

I agree with you there.
I assume people will buy them. But buying upfront isn't what creates a collectable market.

#977 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

$7500 for the basic model of an already old basic rethemed game is a game changer? I don't see it. $5k would do it, maybe $6k. For $7500 though why not buy a Stern premium that has a ton of more features?

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why? We've seen plenty of Batman 66 games on location, and that one was a pro or Premium (depends on your outlook) for beyond LE money. The cheapest Batman is $8500!

Batman Premium is $7600 shipped NIB. Would take that any day over a $7500 stripped down Beatles gold.

#979 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

$7500 for the basic model of an already old basic rethemed game is a game changer? I don't see it. $5k would do it, maybe $6k. For $7500 though why not buy a Stern premium that has a ton of more features?

Because it isn't the Beatles?

#980 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

We still don't know what the Gold and Platinum versions look like. It could be like AC/DC pro's giant space-sucking Angus face and they punish Gold buyers by putting Yoko ono's giant scowling face where the spinning record is on the Diamond version.

#981 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Because it isn't the Beatles?

Yeah, will see if that's enough.

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guess we'll find out November 6 and can adjust our outrage accordingly?

Funny that is Election day.

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, will see if that's enough.

Beatles is gonna kill in coin drop and getting players' attention. People will go to a location just to check it out and play it.

Quoted from chad:

Funny that is Election day.

LOL good call

#984 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Huh?
People have been saying over and over again "why doesn't stern vault a classic game?" Well here you are. They've proven it can be done.
So yes, I'd say it opens the door to either releases or reskinned classics being done.

This is not a vault of Seawitch. This is a rehash using little added effort to make a game that is reskinned.

If this was for pinheads, they would have just made and exact replica of Seawitch. It would have sold a whole hell of a lot better than this thing will.

I do question if this release is all part of the marketing and they are going to surprise us with a sub 5k "gold edition" after the diamond and platinums sell out to the deep pockets crew.

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is not a vault of Seawitch. This is a rehash using little added effort to make a game that is reskinned.

So kinda like Spiderman Vault Edition then. Which was, quite clearly, a vault edition.

Clearly, Beatles proves that Stern considers re-releasing and updating classic designs is a viable option in the future.

Should make many people here happy! Please head over to my All You Need is Love thread for more discussion on these exciting possibilities!

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If this was for pinheads, they would have just made and exact replica of Seawitch. It would have sold a whole hell of a lot better than this thing will.

No way.

This thing is going to sell out.

No one would pay $50,000 for a vault of Seawitch, but there are plenty of people who would pay that for a piece of Beatles merch that was centered on when they were a cute boyband.

The only thing Stern messed up on was not having coin mechs that only took real silver quarters, and rejected any clad ones.

54567e0ae3bca (resized).jpg54567e0ae3bca (resized).jpg
#987 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So kinda like Spiderman Vault Edition then. Which was, quite clearly, a vault edition.
Clearly, Beatles proves that Stern considers re-releasing and updating classic designs is a viable option in the future.
Should make many people here happy! Please head over to my All You Need is Love thread for more discussion on these exciting possibilities!

did they change main parts of the layout on SMVE? I was pretty sure just new art and identical layout, code, etc...

A vault is an updated version of an older game in the essentially same design.
Beatles is taking Seawitch and modifying it plus reskinned with new art.

I view those as quite different and the Beatles itteration just makes it appear lazy and sadly likely to change the feel from Seawitch quite a bit.

#988 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Coleman is an evil soul sucking corporation too. How dare they make profit from people buying products they really want.

Putting Coleman products (tents and chairs IIRC) in Final Fantasy XV was about one of the most awesome and subtle pieces of marketing ever. It's never even mentioned in the game, but the logo is clear as day if you look around, and it actually fits the whole "surviving in the wildereness, mostly" vibe of the game. It makes sense.

Meanwhile, Cup Noodle had a WHOLE QUEST where one of the characters talked about how much he loved Cup Noodle, and going to find things to add to Cup Noodle to make Cup Noodle a delicious quick meal so WHY DON'T YOU LOVE CUP NOODLE TOO, NOCTIS?! >_<;;

As for this pin...um...I'll stick with Seawitch. It probably has deeper rules anyways, and won't cost me the price of a modded Tron.

#989 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I view those as quite different and the Beatles itteration just makes it appear lazy and sadly likely to change the feel from Seawitch quite a bit.

It looks simple enough for a 70 year old Beatles fan to want to play it.

It's simple enough that a non-pinhead, 70 year old Beatles fan can service it.

#990 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It looks simple enough for a 70 year old Beatles fan to want to play it.
It's simple enough that a non-pinhead, 70 year old Beatles fan can service it.

A 70 year old Beatles fan that buys it will play it for a month and a few years later the person managing the estate sale will be here trying to sell it as a rare collectible. Only 1,964 made!

#991 5 years ago

What does the license say about "public use, display or operation"?

#992 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well the good is its seawitch, the bad is everything else. That's the ugliest goddamn thing ive seen in 30 years. Farfalla is laughing at this thing

You STFU. Farfalla is awesome. Unlike this.

#993 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

70 year old Beatles fan to want to play it.

Well, I asked one after I showed her the video; she said:

Why the hell would I want one of those?!?
I’m 70 years old!!!
I’m scared enough already at my age about robots trying to kill me in my sleep!!!

C3652752-ECEF-4F6D-AB64-345421C8868D (resized).jpegC3652752-ECEF-4F6D-AB64-345421C8868D (resized).jpeg
If it wasn’t for Old Glory insurance...

#994 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I’m scared enough already at my age about robots trying to kill me in my sleep!!!

That's why Texas banned them last week

#995 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's why Texas banned them last week

Texas county. Not all of Texas. And it's just sexbots. Roombas are safe.

#996 5 years ago

So here is what is new on the playfield, as far as I can see:
behind the 3 drops on the left there is a target that is revealed.
below those 3 drops there is a large standup target added
2 thin standups added at the 2 loop entrances
magnet added to the top of the loop
magnet and spinning disc added to main playfield
an extra spinner on the left of the pops
a 2-ball multiball

And all that on top of a Seawitch playfield... I think this will be a really fun game! It takes a classic layout and does add a bunch of good stuff to it.

As always, code is everything. Happy to see more single-level games out there.

#997 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And it's just sexbots. Roombas are safe.

Any robot is a sexbot if you are brave enough.

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Any robot is a sexbot if you are brave enough.

LMAO

#999 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Well, I asked one after I showed her the video; she said:

Why the hell would I want one of those?!?

Old women are not really known for buying pinball machines or jukeboxes.

-

"Look at this topper I bought for my pinball machine, Mildred! I know, my husband (god rest his soul) use to say that 'nothing shits up a game more than putting crap on top of it', but I just love it....."
Beatles-Record-Player-adobe (resized).jpgBeatles-Record-Player-adobe (resized).jpg

#1000 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

We've all agreed that pinball is gonna hit a wall when all the current collectors retire and move to Florida. This pin targets the retired people. Do they even buy stuff? Traditional marketing says no.

Let’s hope they sell off their collections before moving to Florida. Or they’ll all be under water in 30 years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.