(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 76.
#851 5 years ago

What's the big deal of not having a coin door/coin mechs if these are being sold to home collectors?

#852 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not to forget everyone wanted to lay hand on Sterns first "Color LCD" game.
Maybe the Diamond Edition has real Bells & Chimes, that would be at least a novelty.

In the video, you can hear a bell when the ball hits the spinner.....

#853 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

to continue on my previous post, now from a different perspective:
While the math may work on those 100 games selling at $50K, it will be interesting to see whether there are enough die-hard fans to pay that kind of money. I mean, KISS has the most loyal fans and they had difficulty selling signed games for 12K or so. Sure there are some Beatles fans that will pay $100.000 for a guitar owned by Lennon, or a handwritten song lyric by McCartney, but this is a new game in which none of the Beatles had anything to do with. Elvis pinball games don’t sell for top dollar. You can even argue that Batman 66 may have sold all the SLE games because Adam West was involved in a minor way. But that’s not the case here (as far as we know so far). I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Either way, hit or miss, if Kaminkow funded the license, Stern isn’t risking much.

Good point mentioning the difference between merchandise and memorabilia. This is Beatles merch.

And we've brought up before, in general the buyer is a pinhead who is ALSO a fan of that thing. Not a fan who then buys a pinball machine (hardly ever happens as we learned from KISS and Mustang).

Batman66 was catnip for pinheads because it was ALSO the Stern 30th anniversary game - a piece of pinball history. Throw in a year long celebration, meet and greet with Adam West himself, etc, it truly was a one-off.

I don't see that happening repeatedly.

#854 5 years ago

Would've been cool if the record had three spinning discs.

#855 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Would've been cool if the record had three spinning discs.

Anyone know if this is the same mech from X-Men Prem/LE?

#856 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

You can hear bells ind WHoa Nellie and Pabst Can Crusher also, but that's just an MP3 file, that's where I come from...

...for 50.000$, they could afford to assemble the real deal.

#857 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You can hear bells ind WHoa Nellie and Pabst Can Crusher also, but that's just an MP3 file, that's where I come from...
...for 50.000$, they could afford to assemble the real deal.

Gotcha. Yea. Space shuttle and Taxi had a real bell, and they were a lot less than $50,000.

#858 5 years ago

This thing is not real memorabilia it's more of a cheesey "collectors plate" version of a pinball machine.

#859 5 years ago

As a huge Beatles fan and pinball fan, this is a huge disappointment for me and I can’t see buying one. The video was shocking. Could they make the game seem any slower, less interesting or boring even? However, my wife saw the video and thought it looked cool and reminded me that for most “non pinball” people (the vast majority of Beatles fans?) a slow, simple, non intimidating game is probably what they’d enjoy. I’m sure these will do great on location, and will probably be fun. I hope I find one, because it’s not going in my house.

I actually really like the style, art and colors. Very bright and shiny and retro. Beautiful. Perfect for what they’re obviously going for. But this over a black and white Revolver approach? A psychedelic Sgt. Pepper, or a montage of all their looks and styles over the years? What a lost opportunity!

Limiting to 1,964 just seems silly and shows their intention. I mean, I guess the license has a deadline, so they need to sell them now. But if they could sell more, why not? Because they’re greedy freaking schemers thats why. It strikes me that this type of manipulation is exactly what a special license would NOT want, for the sake of their fans. But what do I know? I do think they’ll sell out, maybe not immediately, but definitely.

Someone posted the Rockband trailer. What an awesome piece of marketing, and a Beatles 101 primer for their music and evolution over the years. Beatles not good pinball music? Lol.

#860 5 years ago

I'll probably be landing this so it will go up at some point.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

#861 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I thought the $15,000 BM66 SLE was stupid as well, but everyone sucked them up with a huge smile on their face. People will do almost anything for something they want or love. I scratch my head, but lots of people out there that 'have to have it!'

Agreed. But let's see what the actual price is on these things. I think stern was sticker shocked a little when the standard edition Monster bash was 5,999.00 when it has a five in front of it that's too close to stern Pro's pricing.

#862 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m sure these will do great on location, and will probably be fun. I hope I find one, because it’s not going in my house.

It going to be a tough one if it does not have a coin door.

Stern I hope you are not thinking no coin door. How will us amusement operators make our 50,000 back?

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Agreed. But let's see what the actual price is on these things. I think stern was sticker shocked a little when the standard edition Monster bash was 5,999.00 when it has a five in front of it that's too close to stern Pro's pricing.

Stern could give two shits about their competition. They have games scheduled years out now with a plan. The only thing they have done is borrowed ideas from their competitors. I played Big Labowski the other day and went to turn on the game under the cab only to find the power switch was in the head. I thought to myself-'Oh that's where Stern got the idea from'.

#864 5 years ago

I think its odd if Stern is going for a retro game to include a backbox LCD. Why not reels like Whoa Nellie? Strange, strange release.

#865 5 years ago

Any possibility the 5 songs we see on playfield are mode songs and there maybe several others to choose from on lcd screen with the start of each ball?

#866 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I'll probably be landing this so it will go up at some point.
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

please reach out in advance/direct. Would be appreciated and I am guessing we can work something out.
(may also be able to check on my pricing for beatles to help you out like we have in the past?)

#867 5 years ago

Ok, I cant read through 20 pages lol.

I watched the video...Looks like a 'whoa nellie' style pin. I'm a beatles fan but unless it is a <$4K pin I'm out. What is the pricing on it?

#868 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

love the detail in this one. nice exposed wire.

D8B96B9B-051A-44B5-8808-CB267BE795E0 (resized).pngD8B96B9B-051A-44B5-8808-CB267BE795E0 (resized).png
#869 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

An optical spinner. Wild. Why'd they do that?

#870 5 years ago

People people you are expecting way too much for 50K.

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

My guess is without the wire arm going into the playfield, the spinner is less likely to get stuck and need to have the arm re-bent. its crazy they didn't just put the hole and opto on the other side of the spinner though, to avoid snaking the wire over the top.

#873 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

[quoted image]

What you expect for 50k? And yea...Opto spinner.... Why not?

#875 5 years ago

You have obviously not seen the new fad with robotic prostitutes, they are the new craze right now. Keep on trolling

#876 5 years ago

I read his post with a non-literal interpretation. Almost like sarcasm. Perhaps not, though? Humm....

#878 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

t looks like a teenage girl’s fan magazine for the Beatles.

Sadly I agree!! Maybe someone will sell theirs to me cheaper,when they get it and don't like it!! I wonder if those prices are a harbinger of things to come??? What a bummer!!!

#879 5 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

its crazy they didn't just put the hole and opto on the other side of the spinner though, to avoid snaking the wire over the top.

Both ends of an opto need power.

#880 5 years ago

I like the game its more like a whoa nelly.
I hope the price is too.
That would be fair say's my wife, or its grab all the money you can.

#881 5 years ago

I can't believe Stern used girly colors that remind me of my fading masculinity, instead of some macho art like, umm, Yellow Submarine.

#882 5 years ago

$50k for a pinball machine. Well if I was super rich, obviously I'd want a toy that no mere mortal could afford and I'm pretty sure there are lots of multi millionaires who like pinball out there. It's not about the game or how it looks, its about the prestige of owning something rare and expensive.

Multi millionaire's waste vast amounts of money on junk, they probably earn it faster than they can spend it.

This is the kind of machine that would pop up in the background of a superstar musician's crib.

#883 5 years ago

Python did want to have a "pelvic" button on Pinball Circus.

Back on topic, the layout looks fun to me. I look forward to picking one of these up in 10-20 years when the children of the Beatles fans who buy these are selling them at estate sales.

#884 5 years ago

Maybe if songs aren't full length, it's because ball times will be super short?

Like on Seawitch???

#885 5 years ago

Anyone care to share the link to the video?

#886 5 years ago

#887 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any possibility the 5 songs we see on playfield are mode songs and there maybe several others to choose from on lcd screen with the start of each ball?

Modes? This thing will have such shallow rules, it'll make Jetsons look like LOTR.

#888 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You have obviously not seen the new fad with robotic prostitutes, they are the new craze right now. Keep on trolling

You just told us you want to fuck a pinball machine (congrats! You are like the 9000th guy to make this hilarious and witty statement about a game needing to fuck you to be worth the money) and I'm trolling?

#889 5 years ago

For me if the game doesn't have a coin door.. it is no true arcade/coin op game So I would pass only because of that.

#890 5 years ago

No coin door = Zizzle Pinball

#891 5 years ago

Damn, why did they go with the moptop era? I am a huge Beatle fan,.... give me the dirty, hippie Beatles.

#892 5 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Damn, why did they go with the moptop era? I am a huge Beatle fan,.... give me the dirty, hippie Beatles.

That was 2 years before this when they played for German gangsters, drug addicts, and prostitutes.

#893 5 years ago

We were all young once and needed the money.

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That was 2 years before this when they played for German gangsters, drug addicts, and prostitutes.

That would be a pinball I would buy! Lennon with the toilet seat around his neck...

#895 5 years ago

Damn. I guess I'll say goodbye *pun intended* to my dream of a trippy, Sgt. Pepper Beatles pin with all the bells and whistles of a modern title. The art direction in Beatles Rock Band is awesome; I was really hoping for something similar.

#896 5 years ago

Just realized something. In the video it shows Diamond Edition 5 of 100.

Bet the first 4 goto Paul, Ringo and the widows. So only 96 left for us OH MY GAWD WHERE'S MUH CHECKBOOK?

Re early music, it actually fits pinball better than the later hippy stuff. And they can cue in screaming girls like the crowds in AC/DC to jack up the energy.

Still, what is the target market here? We've all agreed that pinball is gonna hit a wall when all the current collectors retire and move to Florida. This pin targets the retired people. Do they even buy stuff? Traditional marketing says no.

#897 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Damn. I guess I'll say goodbye *pun intended* to my dream of a trippy, Sgt. Pepper Beatles pin with all the bells and whistles of a modern title. The art direction in Beatles Rock Band is awesome; I was really hoping for something similar.

I think I’ll stick with the Franchi art

6AF364C6-2482-42F8-942D-982EA979CBE1 (resized).jpeg6AF364C6-2482-42F8-942D-982EA979CBE1 (resized).jpeg
#898 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Should spin better. Guessing it was cheaper than the wire and under-playfield switch and hardware.

#899 5 years ago

Wow that definitely looks like a throwback pinball machine....similar to Whoa Nellie but in today's day and age does that appeal to pinball players? I mean damn I'm sure this machine won't be cheap but bang for buck there doesn't seem to be anything there on the playfield except drop targets a spinning disc and pop bumpers, a spinner and slingshots. How can they be ok with turning out a machine like this and truly match it up to what is in other pinball machines made these days. Yikes....I had some hopes for this because I am a Beatles fan but after seeing the playfield my reaction is OH HELL NO! They are INSANE!

#900 5 years ago

This plastic sums up the Pinside reaction perfectly.

449f7c1375dfa5ac9df4b5983b0261d5c7260dcc (resized).png449f7c1375dfa5ac9df4b5983b0261d5c7260dcc (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/18?hl=speederice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.