(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 76.
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

SLE 49.995,- USD
LE 24.995,- USD
Premium 7.495,- USD
I bet, even these ambitious prices, SLE will be sold out quite soon.

LOL, if these prices are real, Stern would net $23,345,180 on a sellout (minus whatever the distributor makes).

#802 5 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

SLE 49.995,- USD
LE 24.995,- USD
Premium 7.495,- USD
I bet, even these ambitious prices, SLE will be sold out quite soon.

13K - 20K AUD I have been told. Thats for the Diamond version anyway.

#804 5 years ago

There are some Fair Dinkum stupid comments on this thread.
Do people type before they think? I do sometimes but GZUS! really?

SEE BELOW
VVVVVVVVV

#805 5 years ago

This could have been a really great title that appealed to all people, Beatles collectors and pinball enthusiasts alike. But, Stern tied their cock in a knot and stepped all over it. It's as if they took the worst of everything and put it together in a single package of clown puke. I'll be glad to move forward as if this abomination never existed.

#806 5 years ago

I was just told that "they only have a handful of songs" and more importantly "they are not the full songs" seriously, did the license limit them so much that they are only allowed partial songs?

#807 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was just told that "they only have a handful of songs" and more importantly "they are not the full songs" seriously, did the license limit them so much that they are only allowed partial songs?

So Stern got fleeced on the license, so they in turn are fleecing their customers?

#808 5 years ago

I heard 7 licensed songs.

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I heard 7 licensed songs.

entire songs? or just partial songs?

#810 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I really don't think you'd need the entire songs to work in a pinball context. These songs are so ubiquitous that everyone knows them in their entirety anyway, and have heard them/owned them a million times.

#811 5 years ago

I heard a rumor that the diamond edition has real autographs from all the members of the band.

#812 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

There are some Fair Dinkum stupid comments on this thread.
Do people type before they think? I do sometimes but GZUS! really?
SEE BELOW
VVVVVVVVV

Go ahead and tell me what about my comment was stupid.... It's 100% reality.

#813 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not sure. I will inquire.

#814 5 years ago

Stern Website is down.

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oktoberfest: "Art doesn't matter, I think this looks good, those animations are fine..."
Beatles: "OH MY GAWD WERST GAME EVAH!"

Because small companies never get a pass on artwork right?

#816 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

The machine is built for Beatles Collectors. Not pinheads....

Does this make sense? Why not build a dvd for Beatles collectors @ $19.99 and a pinball machine for pinheads at $5k? You are implying Stern has flipped this around and are targeting Beatles fans with a pinball machine, a product which they have no connection, aren’t interested and won’t be buying. What next, Delta Airlines pinball targeted at frequent flyers?

#817 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

I heard a rumor that the diamond edition has real autographs from all the members of the band.

Must have been hard to get some of them.

#818 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Must have been hard to get some of them.

Elvis and Jacko persuaded them.

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

If this is the Diamond version, what will the stripped Gold version look like?

Looks similar but it is uncolored and there are numbers inside each shape. Kapow provides a water coloring set and a number chart. Don’t like the colors as presented - customize yours to your liking.

#820 5 years ago

It will be one of the largest pieces of Beatles memorabilia people can buy. Original licensed songs and artwork. Modern touch on a 60's 70's classic game. Again not saying this is for everyone however they will sell out for many reasons. This game does not fit my particular playing style. I will buy one for a family member who is a huge Beatles fan. When I showed them the video they picked out all of the cool nostalgic things even down to the first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show. This is all way before my time but I can respect others throwbacks to their younger years. Pinball is supposed to be light hearted and fun. When a manufacturer makes a pinball machine with a theme you can relate to usually the experience is alot more fun for that person. I hope whoever buys these pins have a blast playing them and it brings back great memories.

#821 5 years ago

It may be interesting to note that Joe Kaminkow mentioned recently (I think on the Head2Head pinball podcast) that (assuming he was referring to Beatles) he gave this license a new shot and had Christopher Franchi do some artwork to show the licensor. Apparently, that's what got them interested in licensing the theme to Ka-Pow/Stern. So, while many may not like the shown artwork, the licensor must have thought it was great. From that point on, Stern's hands may have been tight due to licensor's approval. This is all pure speculation, but don't underestimate the power of a licensor.

In addition: if the $50k price tag for the Diamond Edition is correct (and so far most of what has been rumored has been correct) then only selling these 100 games brings in $5,000,000. The license was apparently $1.000.000, so they still have a $4M turnover by making 100 games. Even if they don't make the other models that's a huge profit for Stern. If they do sell the other games, more profit for them.

#822 5 years ago

Christopher Franchi is a Beast!
Probably the best pinball artist of all time.
Licensors can be very difficult for an artist to work with but time and time again he continues to knock it out of the park. Anyone remember the Munsters pics. Can't wait

#823 5 years ago

The game is an ugly misguided pile of shit, but if they price the gold at $1500 shipped, I’m a day one buyer.

#824 5 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

The game is an ugly misguided pile of shit, but if they price the gold at $1500 shipped, I’m a day one buyer.

Like I said Tough crowd.

#825 5 years ago

In looking at it a bit closer, there are some interesting images (Lennon and McCartney together at the top), which are pretty cool.

So If I do pick this up, do I need to sell my Seawitch?

#826 5 years ago

Seawitch 2.0

#827 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

I don’t get it. Beatles is a dream theme for people. I have hundreds of hours in on Beatles research for various projects. I am AMAZED that this is what Stern is showing.

I was disappointed at first and honesty had just selfish thoughts. I thought why would Stern do this? I would love to see a modern Beatles machine with LCD, ramps, magnets, etc.(what a waste of the license potential) I probably would have been a buyer if it was a modern machine. Then over time I started to think about it and it is just a business decision made by well-Stern. It is contract pinball and the cost of re-issuing an older title would speed up the timeline along with offsetting the cost of the license. If Stern had to have someone design from ground up and wait for approvals with a major franchise-headaches would have followed. This was a way to get the game out quicker and at the same time re-release a classic game. I thought years ago that Stern should look into re-issuing older titles. Lots of people that want a classic simple pinball, one's like they grew up with. People may disagree with the pricing, but I believe that is up to Ka-pow and not Stern(again contract pinball). Glad Stern can keep those lines churning, I am out on this one but looking forward to Munsters reveal.

#828 5 years ago

Seawitch vs Beatles. I do t love the style of sterns current drop targets. Not sure why, just prefer some of the classic styles more. On something like TSPP no big deal, there are only a few drops. But when i see this many drops... it really jumps out at me.

So, stern, can you look st doing a style change on your drop targets. Thx.

Layout is great as it is seawitch. Beatles and art package are not really for me. Hopefully someone puts in a location where I can try it out. A location where you pay per hour since no coin door.

In summary, would love to see a new drop target mech or style from stern.

#829 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

In addition: if the $50k price tag for the Diamond Edition is correct (and so far most of what has been rumored has been correct) then only selling these 100 games brings in $5,000,000. The license was apparently $1.000.000, so they still have a $4M turnover by making 100 games. Even if they don't make the other models that's a huge profit for Stern. If they do sell the other games, more profit for them.

It will be wild if Stern can sell those 100 at that price. I can't even be upset about it. If there's money on the table, you take that money.

#830 5 years ago

50K ? Is there a "meet and great" with Ringo and Paul included? Will they play a medley of the includes Songs, while Gary and Joe themselves will set up the machine in your game room?

#831 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It will be wild if Stern can sell those 100 at that price. I can't even be upset about it. If there's money on the table, you take that money.

Hoping the guys that decide to drop 50k will also need to sell or drop some of their beloved cq collector games in order to buy Beatles. We need a thread-"What are you selling to buy Beatles?" Lots of monies will be sucked out by this title, hoping more used games will come up in market place.

-Looking for a Stern NBA, Godzilla, and Big Labowski

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hoping the guys that decide to drop 50k will also need to sell or drop some of their beloved cq collector games in order to buy Beatles. We need a thread-"What are you selling to buy Beatles?" Lots of monies will be sucked out by this title, hoping more used games will come up in market place.
-Looking for a Stern NBA, Godzilla, and Big Labowski

I don't see a whole lot of pinball people falling for this scam.....

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

It will be one of the largest pieces of Beatles memorabilia people can buy. Original licensed songs and artwork. Modern touch on a 60's 70's classic game. Again not saying this is for everyone however they will sell out for many reasons. This game does not fit my particular playing style. I will buy one for a family member who is a huge Beatles fan. When I showed them the video they picked out all of the cool nostalgic things even down to the first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show. This is all way before my time but I can respect others throwbacks to their younger years. Pinball is supposed to be light hearted and fun. When a manufacturer makes a pinball machine with a theme you can relate to usually the experience is alot more fun for that person. I hope whoever buys these pins have a blast playing them and it brings back great memories.

Thats true but many find it hard to buy a pin based on a theme they love when a manfucater is clearly trying to squeeze every last dime out of their customers with a minimal feature offering. Going to offer a crazy high priced pin? Fine, but offer crazy high end extras and features, not this.

#834 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I thought the $15,000 BM66 SLE was stupid as well, but everyone sucked them up with a huge smile on their face. People will do almost anything for something they want or love. I scratch my head, but lots of people out there that 'have to have it!'

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I thought the $15,000 BM66 SLE was stupid as well, but everyone sucked them up with a huge smile on their face. People will do almost anything for something they want or love. I scratch my head, but lots of people out there that 'have to have it!'

There's a huge difference between 15 and 50. 35, unless my math is wrong. That's a WHOLE LOT MORE scam....

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

So If I do pick this up, do I need to sell my Seawitch?

yes

#837 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

There's a huge difference between 15 and 50. 35, unless my math is wrong. That's a WHOLE LOT MORE scam....

What was funny was the interview with Joe and him explaining how it will hold it's value and people should be able to profit from it. LMAO

No machine is worth anywhere near 50K

#838 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

As a die hard Beatles fan I'm at least still in line at my retailer till the Premium/Gold prices & pics hit.

I WANT to love this game. :/

(But I won't pay more then for TNA.)

#839 5 years ago

New to the hobby. What is routing, and why does no coin door prevent it? What are the other downsides to no coin door in a HUO scenario?

#840 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

As a die hard Beatles fan I'm at least still in line at my retailer till the Premium/Gold prices & pics hit.
I WANT to love this game. :/
(But I won't pay more then for TNA.)

The Beatles have always been my favorite band.
I was never going to buy this machine, because I've soured on Stern and their tactics long ago.
But there is no doubt in my mind that they could have done much better for pinball and Beatles fans alike.

#841 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

New to the hobby. What is routing, and why does no coin door prevent it? What are the other downsides to no coin door in a HUO scenario?

No coin door would be an absolute mistake for any of the models. Where did this rumor start?

#842 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

"Routing" simply means putting the game in a public location to play with quarters. The term route is from operators who would typically have a route of locations they had games in.

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No coin door would be an absolute mistake for any of the models. Where did this rumor start?

If it's a mistake not to include a coin door, I bet they didn't include one.

#844 5 years ago

I get the idea, to make a 1960 game.
But the prices a no 1960.
Instead they are more exspensive than a pro.

#845 5 years ago

I know it is contract pinball but what about all of the potential fallout from loyal pinheads that disagree with pricing structure, management, etc. I guess when you are banking $4,000,000+ in profit the thoughts of maintaining your loyal base goes out the window. They could give a shit about what we think because we will buy their next title.

I can just imagine the damage control that Jared (on Facebook) etc. is having to deal with. Lots of profit vs pissing off lots of people?

#846 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Real autographs as opposed to copied autographs?

Really? All the band members? Even the dead ones?

Unknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpeg
#847 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Real autographs as opposed to copied autographs?
Really? All the band members? Even the dead ones?
[quoted image]

That was a joke. Get it?

#848 5 years ago

I heard that on the Diamond Edition, the plunger is made of amber that contains a mosquito that contains Lennon’s blood, and thats really what your paying for... the ability to clone John Lennon, and make him play music for you and your friends at get togethers and stuff.

1F3534A6-D117-4FE3-9D06-951FC35482A5 (resized).jpeg1F3534A6-D117-4FE3-9D06-951FC35482A5 (resized).jpeg
#849 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

It may be interesting to note that Joe Kaminkow mentioned recently (I think on the Head2Head pinball podcast) that (assuming he was referring to Beatles) he gave this license a new shot and had Christopher Franchi do some artwork to show the licensor. Apparently, that's what got them interested in licensing the theme to Ka-Pow/Stern. So, while many may not like the shown artwork, the licensor must have thought it was great. From that point on, Stern's hands may have been tight due to licensor's approval. This is all pure speculation, but don't underestimate the power of a licensor.

to continue on my previous post, now from a different perspective:
While the math may work on those 100 games selling at $50K, it will be interesting to see whether there are enough die-hard fans to pay that kind of money. I mean, KISS has the most loyal fans and they had difficulty selling signed games for 12K or so. Sure there are some Beatles fans that will pay $100.000 for a guitar owned by Lennon, or a handwritten song lyric by McCartney, but this is a new game in which none of the Beatles had anything to do with. Elvis pinball games don’t sell for top dollar. You can even argue that Batman 66 may have sold all the SLE games because Adam West was involved in a minor way. But that’s not the case here (as far as we know so far). I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Either way, hit or miss, if Kaminkow funded the license, Stern isn’t risking much.

#850 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

You can even argue that Batman 66 may have sold all the SLE games because Adam West was involved in a minor way.

Not to forget everyone wanted to lay hand on Sterns first "Color LCD" game.

Maybe the Diamond Edition has real Bells & Chimes, that would be at least a novelty.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.