(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 76.
#751 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is it really confirmed that there is no coin door?

Not a chance.

#752 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Beatles store page where the confirm 100 Diamond, 250 Platinum, and 1,614 Gold to be made:
https://thebeatlesstore.com/pages/the-beatles-pinball-machines

Stern confirmed that in the description of the YouTube video.

#753 5 years ago

$500 white album lithograph set, $30 T-shirt, $12 coffee mug or $6k to $30k (?) pinball machine.

#754 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Brainstorming for this title went something like this
[quoted image]

If the Stern team really brainstormed “Beetles,” then I think we identified the core problem here.

Just imagine how much time they spent looking through the blueprint file cabinet for “Seewitch”

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone is looking to upgrade and sell your old, outdated, no multiball, nomagnet seawitch... i am your huckleberry

5k now....

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Stern confirmed that in the description of the YouTube video.

Ah, I only watched the embedded video without the description...

#757 5 years ago

My reaction was the same as Lennon's to McCartney's face in this video

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWT0zBQjkh7/?hl=en&taken-by=kyledunnigan1

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Beatles store page where the confirm 100 Diamond, 250 Platinum, and 1,614 Gold to be made:
https://thebeatlesstore.com/pages/the-beatles-pinball-machines

There may be a 100 very well off Beatle fanatics to buy out the Diamond edition, but doubt many in the crowd buying $400 white album sets, $30 T-shirts or $12 coffee mugs will pull the trigger on a $6-30k (?) pinball. I think they’ll need plenty of Pinsiders to sell close to 2000 machines.

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

There may be a 100 very well off Beatle fanatics to buy out the Diamond edition, but doubt many in the crowd buying $400 white album sets, $30 T-shirts or $12 coffee mugs will pull the trigger on a $6-30k (?) pinball. I think they’ll need plenty of Pinsiders to sell close to 2000 machines.

The Beatles are bigger than Jesus.

I think you are dead wrong.

(Also they’ll sell plenty to pinsiders)

#761 5 years ago

Lol

I should have been more clear... if anyone wants to sell for a reasonable price then i am your huckleberry.

#762 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol
I should have been more clear... if anyone wants to sell for a reasonable price then i am your huckleberry.

that is reasonable, new one is gonna cost you double...you should have jumped sooner slacker

#763 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

that is reasonable, new one is gonna cost you double...you should have jumped sooner slacker

Sorry, but I don't buy from people like you.

You can pump all you want but it aint happening even though you have been fishing for a year.

#764 5 years ago

Wow biggest explosion on Pinside for a while
I love this place

Game will be fine and sell out to fans and Beatles collectors quickly.

Stern is currently the king of Pinball and the bean counters have already done the math and know good profit from this title is guaranteed.

Remember this game was not aimed at hardcore pinheads.

Congrats team Beatles !
Im sure your game will be fun.
Great time for realease, there will ba a lot of happy Beatles fans this Christmas.

#765 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, but I don't buy from people like you.
You can pump all you want but it aint happening even though you have been fishing for a year.

Great...feeling is mutual! Fairly certain your middle name is "Pumper" on pinside, nothing we don't know, keep on shilling

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Wow biggest explosion on Pinside for a while
I love this place
Game will be fine and sell out to fans and Beatles collectors quickly.
Stern is currently the king of Pinball and the bean counters have already done the math and know good profit from this title is guaranteed.
Remember this game was not aimed at hardcore pinheads.
Congrats team Beatles !
Im sure your game will be fun.
Great time for realease, there will ba a lot of happy Beatles fans this Christmas.

You can't be serious can you?

I know one Beatle fan who is not going to be happy this Christmas

#767 5 years ago

Simply can’t wait for the Hitler video for this one.

#768 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

You can't be serious can you?
I know one Beatle fan who is not going to be happy this Christmas

Too early to be judge jury and executioner.

Try to get over the initial shock and wait to see what it has to offer.

#769 5 years ago

The biggest problem I think is the crappy video Stern put out today. I wouldn't say that Stern puts out award winning commercials for their games, but most are pretty good. The Deadpool one was excellent, and even GOTG was decent.

Oh My God, this one looks like it was filmed by an intern. You could even hear the flipper noise. What the hell? The video should have been edited to show some excitement, and a soundtrack overlaying it. You should not hear flippers in the damn promo video!

#770 5 years ago

Oktoberfest: "Art doesn't matter, I think this looks good, those animations are fine..."

Beatles: "OH MY GAWD WERST GAME EVAH!"

#771 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The biggest problem I think is the crappy video Stern put out today. I wouldn't say that Stern puts out award winning commercials for their games, but most are pretty good. The Deadpool one was excellent, and even GOTG was decent.
Oh My God, this one looks like it was filmed by an intern. You could even hear the flipper noise. What the hell? The video should have been edited to show some excitement, and a soundtrack overlaying it. You should not hear flippers in the damn promo video!

You are correct. These teaser trailers tend to be awful (remember the Star Wars one?).

#772 5 years ago

Video is seriously horrible.
Does Octoberfest have a secret Ben Heck angry boner midnight mode?

#773 5 years ago

After watching the teaser, I don't get what they were going for. It reminds me of the 2010 era rolling stones only they stripped out everything to make it even cheaper, like it's the last chance at survival for the company so the BOM has to be zilch. And I can respect them trying that, it's just so weird to do it with a huge license like the Beatles. Why not make a Seawitch or some other classic stern remake with the updates and see if that sells first?

#774 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Why not make a Seawitch or some other classic stern remake with the updates and see if that sells first?

I think they are going for an end around on this one.
Big monies first, try to secure some big cash, then see if the classic layouts have enough interest to stand on their own?
Just a guess... I mean I hope that's what's going one. IF you were just going to release a classic Stern... It wouldn't he seawitch right? Still low on the cash scale.

#775 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are correct. These teaser trailers tend to be awful (remember the Star Wars one?).

Star Wars was not good. Iron Maiden wasn't either.

But they were better than this turd today.

I'm not joking......they had their intern make it. This cannot be the same team that did Deadpool and GOTG.

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Coming out Nov 6'th. That's quick!

Gotta push the turd out and clear the air before Munsters.

#778 5 years ago

Just logged on and wow!

This looks like a piece of shit, I'll take two.

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I blame Scott Danesi!

Total Beatles Annihilation!

Jokes aside, I think a layout that this one fits the theme - it's all about nostalgia. And Seawitch is not the worst layout to start with.
Not so sure about artwork.

#780 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

There will also be a unveiling at TNT Amusement rooftop sometime soon.....tune in for the video

Thank you for a great laugh on a dark and windy Wednesday morning in Germany.

#781 5 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Thank you for a great laugh on a dark and windy Wednesday morning in Germany.

Hey, you're welcome, I'll be in Cologne on Friday, then Munich on Monday. I planned this visit very poorly.

#782 5 years ago

The machine is built for Beatles Collectors. Not pinheads. This thing will sell very well through Beatles catalogs and websites.

Move along. Nothing to see here. This wasn’t meant for us.

Clearly showing this right after expo but before the holidays makes the intent from Stern clear as day.

#783 5 years ago

Oh cool, Stern made a Nick at Nite Zizzle and is selling it for five figures.

#784 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

what a turd...but still looks better than Avengers lol

And everything prior to BM66

#785 5 years ago

I don’t get it. Beatles is a dream theme for people. I have hundreds of hours in on Beatles research for various projects. I am AMAZED that this is what Stern is showing.

From a marketing standpoint- they used very feminine colors. I get the scheme is accurate for 1964 BUT it looks like a teenage girl’s fan magazine for the Beatles.

From a marketing standpoint- most pinball buyers are male, right? Not being sexist- just pure demographics. Most male Beatles fans I know of acknowledge the early years- but if they have memorabilia or photos from the early years- it doesn’t look like this. It’s stuff from the cavern club. It’s Hard Days Night stills. Usually harder edged and Black and White.

More to the point- most male Beatles fans I know focus on Sgt. Peppers, Magical Mystery Tour, Yellow Submarine, White Album, Revolver, Rubber Soul, and Abbey Road.

So much interesting stuff going on in that era. For a pin that is presumed to be home use only (no coin door- no routing— not to mention the prices are probably too high to let it get slammed around) it doesn’t seem very deep. Not a ton to do on the play field. The spinning disc is interesting but it’s not super innovative. Nothing in the layout to make me want to buy.

For years I imagined a deep game where you work your way through the albums- or famous concerts and performances- with art to match the amazing album artwork we would spend hours studying looking for clues to the Paul Is Dead Mystery. I halfway hoped there would be references to the weird stuff hidden on albums.

If they paid $500 per pin for the license, I don’t understand why they only have a few songs from one era when Rock Band had stuff from every era.

I really am not the guy to come on here and bitch. I’m not normally yelling “Attica! Attica!” I think Franchi is a talented artist. Incredibly so. He was hampered by the way Stern went on this pin.

I would buy a Seawitch reissue. Because it’s Seawitch. Older style games are fine if they’re vintage or cool. I’d buy a Big Shot or a Strikes and Spares reissue. I don’t want a Beatles that isn’t amazing and a Seawitch that isn’t Seawitch.

I feel like this doesn’t work in the art era of Iron Maiden, Deadpool and even Alice Cooper. I think people expect more from a AAA, 5 star, million dollar license. I felt that way with Star Wars too. Another pin that I was afraid I was just going to HAVE to buy when it came out. I know people hear ‘world under glass’ and some just get mad because of association- but that pin WAS missing what I was looking for. I know a lot of people enjoy the way it shoots. It’s a good Ritchie pin. But it didn’t have a carbonite chamber with a frozen Han Solo that would pop up. It didn’t have ‘use the force’ magnets. It didn’t have an ecto- goggles style Spirit of Obi-Wan or Hologram Leia. It didn’t have a Jabba’s throne that slid back to reveal a Rancor monster lower playfield.

Now- I know that all sounds like crazy, over the top stuff- but in this era, for these prices, for the AAA, 5 star licenses- the ones we’ve wanted done a certain way for decades- Star Wars disappointed.

Batman 66’ disappointed initially- but Lyman was able to save it with code.

I don’t think code will save the Beatles. There is no ‘Beatles world under glass.’ I feel like they missed the essence of the Beatles and what they represent to the biggest demographic of pinball buyers.

If Stern is handcuffed by what they can do (as rumored with Star Wars art and now questionable with regards to The Beatles) with a big license- I’d rather see them do amazing things with a cheaper license than disappointing things with a legendary license.

Long story short? I’m saving money.

#786 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

I don’t get it. Beatles is a dream theme for people. I have hundreds of hours in on Beatles research for various projects. I am AMAZED that this is what Stern is showing.
If they paid $500 per pin for the license, I don’t understand why they only have a few songs from one era when Rock Band had stuff from every era.

That's the difference between moving 1,964 expensive units and moving 3,000,000 relatively inexpensive units with about $250+ million total sales. Lots more budget to license music when you're making more than 10x the money.

Quoted from TheCreature:

I feel like this doesn’t work in the art era of Iron Maiden, Deadpool and even Alice Cooper. I think people expect more from a AAA, 5 star, million dollar license.

Depends on which people you're talking about. SUPREME people clearly don't care that the machine that SUPREME contracted with Stern is a naked money grab not worth 20% as much as they paid.

#787 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Long story short? I’m saving money.

All great points. Stern doesn’t care about pinheads. But if they also missed the mark for the Beatles collector they will loose on this..

The sneaky part here - it clear they will build diamond first at 100 games. Then the second run. If it flops they won’t keep going. So prob low risk if it does catch with the collectors like Supreme did.

#788 5 years ago

Stern saw how much money could be made from the stripped down Supreme game.

They took the most simple of ancient Stern games, Seawitch, and kept the teal pallet will some added pink.

They added some magnets to slow the gameplay down a little (perfect for fans of a 60 year old band)

They removed the coindoor so it could not be routed - you have to want it for what it is, not for the money it could earn.

Unlike Seawitch with it's original sandpaper playfield, Beetles is going to have a highly polished playfield and LED lighting.

It's going to show every dimple, and since you can't route it, it will never flatten out - best to keep it unplayed.

With Stern bragging that it's going the most expensive pinball machine of all time, this thing is going to rock!

Stern's only screw up was not installing the concentric posts from 1979. So I've bought up every remaining teal one tonight from every vendor, and will charge $150 a set, for those in need.

largeadsf (resized).jpglargeadsf (resized).jpg
#789 5 years ago

Fk...terrible artwork! Not a fan of the early cutesy Beatles stuff at all. It's unfortunate as I was liking the old school Sea Witch layout. Hoping they redo more old school play fields!

#790 5 years ago

I really thought the sea witch retheme was a joke rumor. Especially after I listened to the Kaminkow podcast where he said to buy two of these, one to play and one as an investment. I'm confused. If I want a Seawitch, I will buy a Seawitch. Will these be selling for around $3000-$4000?

#791 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

It reminds me of the 2010 era rolling stones only they stripped out everything to make it even cheaper, like it's the last chance at survival for the company so the BOM has to be zilch. And I can respect them trying that, it's just so weird to do it with a huge license like the Beatles.

Bigger the license, limited numbers, higher price, lower the BOM bigger the profit. Isn't that good business?

Also, this is built by Stern but put out by Kapow. Kapow seems more into the higher mark-up collector market.

#792 5 years ago

Not surprised to see all this negativity again as usual...
If another manufacturer would have released the exact same machine it would have been praised like crazy how great the artwork was or what a good idea the layout was to use with The Beatles.

I like what I see!
It'll probably be no game to buy(due to the rumor of no coindoor) for me but that's okay.
Artwork really fits the theme and period and it's a game I'm interested to play!

Too bad they were so restricted by the license though....

#793 5 years ago

this is laughable and expect the pricing to be stupid....

doing a net search it suggests that prices and games will be released on the 6th November

screen-capture-4 (resized).pngscreen-capture-4 (resized).png
#794 5 years ago

Very curious to see if pricing is anything like those early rumors.

The BOM must have been a lot lower than any other game.

Even if it's true the licence cost $1 million, that only adds $509 to each game.

Stern are going to make a lot of money on this game, even if they pitch it at regular LE, Premium and Pro pricing.

Going to be fun watching this story unfold.

#795 5 years ago

Good point about Rock Band and economics. Supreme feels different to me. That market buys anything with the name. Brick included. Maybe I’m not familiar with the entire fan base, and certainly there’s literally MILLIONS of Beatles fans and levels of merchandise for all collectors- but unless these things are being shipped for $3,000 - it’s hard to imagine there will be people lining up for Christmas to plunk down thousands for this thing- especially if they see modern pins and what’s available comparatively.

I thought I was both a pinball and Beatles fan but this doesn’t do it for me. It’s a weird feeling. I’m not a Maiden fan, but I was honestly tempted to buy a Maiden. I am a Beatles fan but I am not tempted to buy this Beatles pin in the slightest.

#796 5 years ago

When I was a kid there was a Commodore 64 bootleg game that I played, where the Beatles were on stage singing in a small club and your job was to pelt them with beer bottles as they sang. Every time you nailed them in the head they would pause their song and give out a cry or yelp. That's what Stern should make. The Fab Four on stage singin as a bash toy on stage, and me trying to bash the shit out of them. Now that would be a cool pinball machine.

#797 5 years ago

STERN homepage down.
Hopefully by updating their shop with StarWars topper and not uploading Beatles images and prices

9CFCC973-1041-4081-AF4A-697CCB459D03 (resized).jpeg9CFCC973-1041-4081-AF4A-697CCB459D03 (resized).jpeg
#798 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hey, you're welcome, I'll be in Cologne on Friday, then Munich on Monday. I planned this visit very poorly.

Bring warm clothing and an umbrella.
When in Cologne, check out "Lommerzheim" for great food and drinks.

#799 5 years ago

SLE 49.995,- USD
LE 24.995,- USD
Premium 7.495,- USD

I bet, even these ambitious prices, SLE will be sold out quite soon.

#800 5 years ago

The color palette chosen for the Diamond version obviously isn’t winning anyone over. All initial reveals are about the artwork first. The LCD has not been shown, so remember that also. I think many are also predisposed negative on this one because of the rumored sky high price point. Here is how I think it will go down:

1. The first person to see a Diamond version will say “it looks better in person than the photos”

2. The Gold and Platinum versions will look substantially better and change the attitude a bit.

3. Because of number two, all three games will sell out in 5 months.

4. These games will be quickly forgotten on Pinside. This seems like more collectible item than pinball machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 45.00
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.
Cabinet parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.