(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 76.
#701 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Pinside is its usual predictable self. LOL at least I am getting used to it.

LOL. Hate to break it to you, but you’re part of it! Come on!!!

#702 5 years ago

Thanks Stern for making this joke of a pin. Now I can save my money for a real game!

What a waste of manufacturing time when we could have something like.....

Goonies, Little Shop of Horrors, Bladerunner, Big Trouble in Little China, Jaws, Monsters of Rock (with all bands - ultimate music pin) etc....

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

If it was real, where is the cabinet and backbox and display.

Its from stern's own YouTube channel dude....

#704 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The limited editions did yes, with little trouble at all.

Gotcha thanks. I don't keep up with production numbers at all.

#705 5 years ago

Brainstorming for this title went something like this

ACEA6025-230F-455C-87F2-53C6B250E813 (resized).jpegACEA6025-230F-455C-87F2-53C6B250E813 (resized).jpeg
#706 5 years ago

I think we can all agree the stock of Ritchie's Elvis pin just shot up.

#707 5 years ago

Seen nothing from franchi to put him on this pedestal like stern does.

#708 5 years ago

If anyone is looking to upgrade and sell your old, outdated, no multiball, nomagnet seawitch... i am your huckleberry

#709 5 years ago

Where did the “Only 5 songs” come from?

Was it mentioned in the video? Or just because there’s only 5 song modes on the PF?

#710 5 years ago

meh

#711 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I can't believe it. Actually, I can believe it. I've waited my whole pinball-playing life to play a Beatles pin. And THIS??? This is it? What a fucking joke.

I'm with you!

#712 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I think we can all agree the stock of Ritchie's Elvis pin just shot up.

That’s always been a good game; it just had bad timing as far as when it was released; and subsequently they’re hard to find. Scoring could be tweaked but it’s a solid layout and fun/challenging.

#713 5 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

That’s always been a good game; it just had bad timing as far as when it was released; and subsequently they’re hard to find. Scoring could be tweaked but it’s a solid layout and fun/challenging.

Steve always said it sold really
Well and he loved the royalties he got from it.

You don’t see em much because they are all in home collections. Which is what’s going to happen here.

#714 5 years ago

After $500 license fee per machine, Stern should have said thank you and we will be building machines right away. THEN Stern should have spent another $200 per machine to install a DVD player, buy a top 50 Beatles dvd and wire it thru the game’s enhanced sound system (amp and powered woofer). It’s a shame too, because this could have been a successfully resolved, win-win situation.

#715 5 years ago

I feel like I'm in bizarro world given the reaction, but I think it looks really good. The color palette is on point for the time period, composition is nice, inserts are easy to read, portrait artwork is strong, logo is interesting, plastics look good with the LEDs they're using...

...of course when they announce the pricing I'll never be able to stop vomiting, but the art package works!

#716 5 years ago

It says on the plastic near the flipper - collect all 5 songs for multi-ball.

Quoted from cooked71:

Was it mentioned in the video? Or just because there’s only 5 song modes on the PF?

#717 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It says on the plastic near the flipper - collect all 5 songs for multi-ball.

Iron Maiden has 6 song modes but there’s more songs in the game.

Fact is we don’t know how it plays yet. At all. There’s a shit ton we don’t know about the game.

Fact is, nobody really cares. It could be a killer game to play, it’s not gonna affect anybody’s opinions much.

These uninformed clusterfuck monkey piles are cathartic for pinside and they have to happen every now and then.

See the JJP pirates production thread, or pretty much any stern reveal...

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Iron Maiden has 6 song modes but there’s more songs in the game.
Fact is we don’t know how it plays yet. At all. There’s a shit ton we don’t know about the game.
Fact is, nobody really cares. It could be a killer game to play, it’s not gonna affect anybody’s opinions much.
These clusterfuck monkey piles are cathartic for pinside and they have to happen every now and then.
See the JJP production thread, or pretty much any stern reveal...

Even if this pin shoots great the fact that they themed it around the teenage girl crush stage of the band, the least interesting period of the band’s evolution, will severely limit it’s appeal to a lot of Beatles fans.

#719 5 years ago

Is the art better than Austin powers ?

09168cf682749b1dc81cdd062e777f54ff08b37b (resized).jpg09168cf682749b1dc81cdd062e777f54ff08b37b (resized).jpg

#720 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Does it matter?

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Sea Witch is a great game. It wouldn't be the only no ramp game released of late.
Price is everything and wish the colors weren't so Easter friendly.Will be interesting to see what they do with the rules, sound, display, etc.
Maybe the Platinum or Gold editions will look better.

whoops

#722 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These uninformed clusterfuck monkey piles are cathartic for pinside and they have to happen every now and then.

Like a monkey F ing a football...sums it up perfectly!

#723 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You don’t see em much because they are all in home collections. Which is what’s going to happen here.

EXACTLY. The design and choice of songs and era they are focusing on is going to make this pretty much exclusively HUO for a very niche group. You are kidding yourself if you think Ops are going to buy this. Can you really imagine this in a bar next to a Met, IMDN or really almost any rock-based pin? Anyone under 55 would ignore this machine automatically......almost all of the potential players.

Stern knows this. Only way to sell this is to keep production numbers low and keep price high. They'll get enough die-hards to make money.....but it sure feels like a real missed opportunity to do something different or interesting with the theme. I know they are in the business of making money, but hopefully they do that while giving you something fresh that indicates they not only love making money but also have a passion for growing the hobby through fun, interesting and creative efforts. This is the first machine I've seen in a while that feels like a blatant singular focus on the money grab from an easy victim/buyer. A complete playfield rehash with some of the most vanilla songs from the most vanilla Beatles era. What a shame.

#724 5 years ago

so beatles, thunder birds or mafia?

#725 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If there were more than 5 would they really have put the song "I should of known better" on the playfield?

Or was that a secret message to the people who actually buy this machine?

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

so beatles, thunder birds or mafia?

I'll start a fire in a dumpster. Feel free to throw all 3 into it.

#727 5 years ago

Maybe the intent of this game is to make Munsters look good?

#728 5 years ago

Uggh......

#729 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If there were more than 5 would they really have put the song "I should of known better" on the playfield?
Or was that a secret message to the people who actually buy this machine?

Both good points. Was just laughing at how quickly Pinside can erupt into hysterical hyperbole with little or no information. No surprises there.

#730 5 years ago

Game looks fun. Hopefully someone I know gets one so I can play it. Don’t care about the art, songs, etc. because I’m never going to own one regardless.

#731 5 years ago

It is ridiculous but I can only think that Stern is trying to keep their 5 lines running. After PPS decided to build machines themselves, I think Kapow was willing to step up. I remember Gary stating he wanted to do some contract pinball to keep lines going. What is unfortunate is how many people will get butt hurt over it. I am over this super limited bs.

#732 5 years ago

Looks ok but then again couldn't care less, I do like the Beatles just for me its not a good pinball theme/music, Motorhead. Thats the ticket.

#733 5 years ago

I think the art, colors and layout fit the genre nicely. It’s nice to see them doing something different. Not all pinball has to be crazy fast and rampy. Something different is refreshing.

#734 5 years ago

Joe is going to have to sell the Batmobile.

#735 5 years ago

What sucks is that Stern had a chance to reach a larger audience with this pin had they given it a more modern treatment. Imagine "Octopus's Garden" playing with crazy RGB playfield and GI light shows? A cool yellow submarine toy that acts as physical ball lock. Unique light shows that are all unique based on the song playing. Stuff like that, that's what this game should have been.

#736 5 years ago

Is it really confirmed that there is no coin door?

#737 5 years ago

Well, now I know why they waited until after Expo to show this one to the world.

#738 5 years ago

Who wants to sell me their Big Labowski to buy a Beatles?

#739 5 years ago

There will also be a unveiling at TNT Amusement rooftop sometime soon.....tune in for the video

#740 5 years ago

Giving it some extra thought. And seeing the production numbers laid out. 100 diamond edition.
250 platinum edition, and 1,614 gold edition. Totaling 1964. Units total.
This is important to understand.
A full 6 months before a beetles song was ever played on American radio, every day, multiple times a day. Every rock station in the country would play a sound byte with “the beetles are coming! The beetles are coming. Couple that with the fact that at that time in America we had the largest population of teens in our history due to the post war baby boom. Much of the beetles success is due to shear numbers and good marketing.
This pin captures the simple, straightforward classic pinball design of the 60’s and seventies.
Integrated with modern tech.
People in that age range with the coin to blow will love it.
Hardcore pinheads, not so much.
That’s my two cents.

#741 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Giving it some extra thought. And seeing the production numbers laid out. 100 diamond edition.
250 platinum edition, and 1,550 gold edition. Totaling 1964. Units total.
A full 6 months before a beetles song was ever played on American radio, every day, multiple times a day. Every rock station in the country would play a sound byte with “the beetles are coming! The beetles are coming. Couple that with the fact that at that time in America we had the largest population of teens in our history due to the post war baby boom. Much of the beetles success is due to shear numbers and good marketing.
This pin captures the simple, straightforward classic pinball design of the 60’s and seventies.
That’s my two cents.

Don't try logic with this crowd!!!!!!!!!!

#742 5 years ago

Just looked at the poll. Me thinking the only people that voted that they would buy it, were way BEFORE they saw the pics! Please update your vote ladies and gents!

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is it really confirmed that there is no coin door?

Hasn't been announced, but it doesn't.

#744 5 years ago

OK, I know you are all upset right now, but please, can we try to spell "the Beatles" correctly?

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

That’s my two cents.

I disagree with everything you just said. I am from that era, I still have a lot of the Beatles LPs (btw it's Beatles not beetles), I love their music and was looking forward to this pin very much. This was one of the biggest missed opportunities in Pinball!
I am not an Elvis fan (back then you were either an Elvis, Beatles or a Stones fan), but I love my Elvis pinball, which I think is so fun but Stern majorly screwed up the opportunities on both the Stones and the Beatles. Sad.
PS: I am not a Stern Basher, love what they do for the hobby.

#746 5 years ago

According to the Beatles store they are making 1964 total machines.

#747 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

If what they showed was the Diamond Edition, I can't imagine how crappy the Platinum and Gold ones are.

#748 5 years ago

I think as more videos and pictures become available people will warm up to it. I was with a true Beatles fan today and showed them the teaser video. They absolutely loved the game. I think if you have a more modern collection this would be a nice change given you have the money and the space. Looks like this game has a few really cool features. Music and sounds seem to be great as well. Granted this pin will not be for everybody. However the true Beatles fans will be all over this thing. Stern will not have a problem moving this limited amount of machines. Price rumors are all over the place. I do hear a lot that the Gold edition will be 5999.00 If this is correct then they will sell the heck out of these games. Price is a huge motivator. Buyers have lots of choices in today's world. Time will tell.

Good Luck Stern Tough crowd over here.

#749 5 years ago

Beatles store page where the confirm 100 Diamond, 250 Platinum, and 1,614 Gold to be made:

https://thebeatlesstore.com/pages/the-beatles-pinball-machines

#750 5 years ago

Pass for me. Stern was on a roll with Iron maiden and Deadpool .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/15?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.